BTW just curious, what does everyone use their right Convienience key for?

I'm assuming Camera....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Mine's set to launch the camera, but I use it so rarely that I should probably set it to something else.
    08-02-16 11:01 AM
    Mine's set to launch the camera, but I use it so rarely that I should probably set it to something else.
    The 9780 has 2 convienience keys, and it was great, one for camera and one for video but too many times I would accidentally hit one, but still cool.

08-02-16 12:00 PM
    Hmm, why not use it as a phone? Call quality is epic, never static, etc.

Stupid reason...because I am a tech *****! LOL. So, actually, I never felt comfortable talking into a "brick" -- and I just didn't like the form-factor as a phone. I found myself holding the phone a certain way to hear, and not speaking directly into the speaker to talk, and constantly moving the phone and being uncomfortable with it. So -- solution -- bluetooth headset!!! Would have loved that, but I didn't want to walk around with an earpiece in my ear all the time. So, phone would ring, I would grab the earpiece, put it on, and by the time I saw who was calling, occasionally having to re-pair or re-bond the headset...I missed the call already!!! LOL. So, I stuck with my old fashion flip phone. Why? Because I am a tech *****.

Now, I want to get rid of it. I have no idea whether I will get a new headset or solve the talking problem -- but I no longer want to carry two devices. LOL.
    08-02-16 01:58 PM
    Stupid reason...because I am a tech *****! LOL. So, actually, I never felt comfortable talking into a "brick" -- and I just didn't like the form-factor as a phone. I found myself holding the phone a certain way to hear, and not speaking directly into the speaker to talk, and constantly moving the phone and being uncomfortable with it. So -- solution -- bluetooth headset!!! Would have loved that, but I didn't want to walk around with an earpiece in my ear all the time. So, phone would ring, I would grab the earpiece, put it on, and by the time I saw who was calling, occasionally having to re-pair or re-bond the headset...I missed the call already!!! LOL. So, I stuck with my old fashion flip phone. Why? Because I am a tech *****.

Now, I want to get rid of it. I have no idea whether I will get a new headset or solve the talking problem -- but I no longer want to carry two devices. LOL.
    wow, ok lol. I actually love the ear speaker volume on the 9900, it is worlds louder than my iphone and I can be in traffic on the street and I can still hear the person loud and clear. Not so with the iphone. Its almost like Apple "turns down" the Max volume on the ear speaker so as not to allow it to blow or something.

I did have to replace the ear speaker a few months ago on the 9900 because it blew but totally worth it.

I personally could care less if my mouth is not "lined up" with the microphone as long as other people can hear me and no complaints yet

08-02-16 03:44 PM
    Anyone else have a slightly "creaky" back button and dotted Blackberry button (the buttons that basically flank the Trackpad).

08-03-16 01:07 PM
    oh and another thing I just have to comment on is that I love the strong Vibration this thing has. They are talking about Vibrate Mode in the Dtek50 forum as being a bit weak.

I think because the 9900 is small and fairly light, you can notice it more in Vibrate mode and if left near a flat table edge, it will practically "twist" itself slowly right off the table.

Still my fav..

08-03-16 01:18 PM
    Hey everyone, does youtube work on any of your BlackBerry 7 devices when not on a mobile plan? It must have been within the last two or three months that videos stopped playing on my 9700 or my sister's 9900. Note: I am using m.youtube.com, not an expired app.
    08-03-16 05:24 PM
    Hey everyone, does youtube work on any of your BlackBerry 7 devices when not on a mobile plan? It must have been within the last two or three months that videos stopped playing on my 9700 or my sister's 9900. Note: I am using m.youtube.com, not an expired app.
    I used wifi to upload 2 YouTube vids this week. My Mobile data is fine also.

For me the BB native shortcut "app" works just fine.

I'm sure someone else might be able to answer about using m.Youtube.com but even on my iPhone/iPad I have issues using the desktop site.

08-03-16 05:29 PM
    Note: I am using m.youtube.com, not an expired app.
    I tried uploading a vid on your Youtube.com and I could not get past the loading screen.

Then to confirm I was still able to upload on wifi with the Native Blackberry app (shortcut)

08-03-16 10:55 PM
    Did you all hear the news of Kim Kardashian's Bold dying, she tweeted that it was her last working bold and she can't find any new ones on eBay. This has been picked up by mainstream media, it's funny considering it's the most promotion blackberry has gotten in a long time. Do you think it would be enough for blackberry to re-issue an updated 9900?

08-04-16 10:16 AM
    Did you all hear the news of Kim Kardashian's Bold dying, she tweeted that it was her last working bold and she can't find any new ones on eBay. This has been picked up by mainstream media, it's funny considering it's the most promotion blackberry has gotten in a long time. Do you think it would be enough for blackberry to re-issue an updated 9900?

There's absolutely no chance BlackBerry will re-issue the 9900.

But KK's claim that she can't find any new ones on eBay is bogus. She apparently doesn't know how to use the filters to check box next to "New" under Condition.

I just searched for "blackberry 9900", checked the "New" box, and found 28 listings.

And even IF she couldn't find any new 9900s, is it so difficult to go to BlackBerry's website and see what phones they currently sell? Why doesn't she just get a Classic?

This is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
    08-04-16 10:50 AM
    Seems a little interesting given that plenty of people on Twitter responded with more Bold 9900's that they found on Ebay.

I doubt there aren't anymore 9900's in existence in all of America for her to buy.

Funny thing was when I came across this thread and restarted my 9900 it got my love affair with legacy devices going. I looked around for a 9000 since it was a BlackBerry I had never owned before. I came across a cool little shop in my city of Calgary. The guy had hundreds of Bold 9900's and 9000's for sale and this was several months back.

I told him he should contact Kim about her device and he didn't have a clue who I was talking about. He suggested I buy 9900's from him and get them shipped down to her! I will sheepishly admit that I Googled her and tried to find an email or something. I don't use Twitter or anything so I figured I would email someone and just see what they thought about a shipment of 9900's. No luck! Ah well.

Best of luck for her to find a functioning 9900 or maybe she jumps to a BlackBerry 10 device.

All the best!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 10:54 AM
    There was a news link I read a while back stating that she had interest in purchasing Blackberry just so her iconic 9900 would always be in supply. But as stated, there are still tons of unlocked and NEW IN BOX 9900's. I saw a bunch of white ones even, from Hong Kong off ebay that are still sitting in a warehouse, price was $75-100 if I recall. So I also don't believe when she gave that lame excuse. Another Cell maker is obviously paying her to use one of their new glass slabs because she is BIG into Snapchat right now. How do I know? I use Snapchat also and read the occasional news stories about her in SC.

Besides, we all know THIS thread was responsible for her temporarily NOT being able to find one ahah

08-04-16 11:12 AM
    08-04-16 11:21 AM
    I came across a cool little shop in my city of Calgary. The guy had hundreds of Bold 9900's and 9000's for sale and this was several months back.

Posted via CB10
    My place locally only stocks about 3 of them at a time, I think they do this so they can keep the prices a little higher. Mine was sticker end at $100 but talked them down to around $80 I think it was. Also counter space is an issue, there just isn't enough room to display everything at this place.
    08-04-16 11:48 AM
    My place locally only stocks about 3 of them at a time, I think they do this so they can keep the prices a little higher. Mine was sticker end at $100 but talked them down to around $80 I think it was. Also counter space is an issue, there just isn't enough room to display everything at this place.

The guy who I bought my 9000 from I believe sends them internationally as well. I don't know if it was worth the financial risk for him to purchase hundreds of 9000's and 9900's to try and sell them one by one for the odd BlackBerry fan looking for a phone. He must have a connection to sell them in various places.

I suspect most of his stock is from corporate owned accounts who either upgraded to BlackBerry Classic's or dropped BlackBerry devices all together. I don't know how much he would have bought these phones for.

I had posted in the market place thread about selling cheap 9000's and 9900 models for anybody who was interested. I wasn't going to make a dime on them, just pick them up for any CB fans who wanted some cheap legacy devices. I know some of our CB BlackBerry friends in the US are having a harder and harder time to come across decent phones where some vendors like my guy have boxes of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 12:06 PM
    There's absolutely no chance BlackBerry will re-issue the 9900.

But KK's claim that she can't find any new ones on eBay is bogus. She apparently doesn't know how to use the filters to check box next to "New" under Condition.

I just searched for "blackberry 9900", checked the "New" box, and found 28 listings.

And even IF she couldn't find any new 9900s, is it so difficult to go to BlackBerry's website and see what phones they currently sell? Why doesn't she just get a Classic?

This is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
    She has had the P9981, Q10 and Classic and reverted back to using the 9900 pretty quickly after using all those phones, she asked her followers if she should get a second iPhone or a Samsung or try a new blackberry, she could easily get the Priv, after all she is a multimillionaire and can afford that a testing phone haha. She needs to get herself onto aliexpress and she will find so many brand new in box and unopened for about $160. It could be a stunt but maybe BlackBerry is behind it, they will offer her one of the new android running devices or offer her the chance to test run the QWERTY android device?

08-04-16 05:32 PM
    It could be a stunt but maybe BlackBerry is behind it...
    Mmmaybe... seems pretty inept, though: The headline isn't terribly flattering!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    08-04-16 07:03 PM
    Besides, we all know THIS thread was responsible for her temporarily NOT being able to find one ahah
    #OMGIMLIKETOTALLYBLAMINGRALPH

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    08-04-16 07:06 PM
    oh yay, lookie lookie what I got in Whatsapp

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    08-04-16 09:41 PM
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    08-04-16 09:42 PM
    Ralph,

These WhatsApp messages have been shown on a few BlackBerry 10 users on CB.

It's a tough scenario for the people who use the app, I personally don't. I would hope that this would expedite the development and launch of the Android based keyboard device.

Millions of users on BBOS and BlackBerry 10 use the app the communicate and this could cause a huge migration to other platforms.

Fingers crossed a work around is developed or the existing app continues to function. All the best I guess!

On another note it looks like this thread has past 2000 posts!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 09:55 PM
    Ralph,

These WhatsApp messages have been shown on a few BlackBerry 10 users on CB.

It's a tough scenario for the people who use the app, I personally don't. I would hope that this would expedite the development and launch of the Android based keyboard device.

Millions of users on BBOS and BlackBerry 10 use the app the communicate and this could cause a huge migration to other platforms.

Fingers crossed a work around is developed or the existing app continues to function. All the best I guess!

On another note it looks like this thread has past 2000 posts!

Posted via CB10
    First time I've ever seen it but yes I have heard about the message on BB10.

08-04-16 10:11 PM
    oh yay, lookie lookie what I got in Whatsapp

I got a similar message in the whatsapp app while i was messaging someone, i'm guessing because there's only a few months left they are making sure people know so they can't complain and say they weren't warned.

08-05-16 02:47 AM
    I got a similar message in the whatsapp app while i was messaging someone, i'm guessing because there's only a few months left they are making sure people know so they can't complain and say they weren't warned.

I think it'll still work, I am convinced they must be joking I'm sure there will be a way around it though.

08-05-16 02:49 AM
8,754 ... 7879808182 ...