Glad it worked out!
    a friend said "you have a Frankenstein phone now." :/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-14-16 04:39 PM
    odd that I am getting text messages from Twitter notifs but not private friends.

07-14-16 04:53 PM
    one thing though, i can send text messages with SMS and my buddy got them but i am not receiving them, yet I can hear them on the iphone. What is even more strange is that the sim card is not in my iphone anymore so that would be imessage. BUT the sim is in the Blackberry and I should be receiving SMS text messages.

might be a delay in the services to set up again

odd that I am getting text messages from Twitter notifs but not private friends.

I don't have an iOS device but I believe there's something you may need to do with your apple account and iMessage before regularSMS will resume on another device.
    07-14-16 05:06 PM
    I don't have an iOS device but I believe there's something you may need to do with your apple account and iMessage before regularSMS will resume on another device.
    I was sure it was automatic before. I am going through all the settings on the Blackberry as well. I am getting SMS from Twitter notifs but still not from friends as contacts, just weird.

07-14-16 05:13 PM
    and I hate getting this message from Twitter

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    07-14-16 05:15 PM
    Oh and hey Steve, good to hear from you again. Thought you went AWOL

07-14-16 05:18 PM
    Also of interest is this TINY little protective sticker that was covering the trackpad and good thing I noticed it. It is so impossible to notice that I think that is why they put the 4 little lines on it.....Attachment 403992
    So used to removing the protection films I never even thought about it but do you think the non-working trackpads might have had a protective film with no marks? Optical TP might not work thru film?? Justathink.

Wonderful to see ur 99 living!! looks sharp, too!
    07-14-16 05:22 PM
    So used to removing the protection films I never even thought about it but do you think the non-working trackpads might have had a protective film with no marks? Optical TP might not work thru film?? Justathink.

Wonderful to see ur 99 living!! looks sharp, too!
    Well not in my case when we tried putting 3 new KB's on at the electronics place because we made sure there were no stickers at that time.

Steve what is the longest time it takes your 9900 to reconfigure the Blackberry settings for email and texting when you swap sims?

07-14-16 05:25 PM
    Well not in my case when we tried putting 3 new KB's on at the electronics place because we made sure there were no stickers at that time.

Steve what is the longest time it takes your 9900 to reconfigure the Blackberry settings for email and texting when you swap sims?

If the texts that fail to come through are only from people with iPhones, then the problem is definitely that you need to turn off imessage.
    07-14-16 05:52 PM
    If the texts that fail to come through are only from people with iPhones, then the problem is definitely that you need to turn off imessage.
    I thought imessage only worked with wifi, and when away from wifi it switches automatically to SMS?

I don't recall doing that before with the iphone but I will check the settings. Also.....with the Sim removed from the iphone and in the 9900, I assumed SMS would be automatic again.....

07-14-16 05:56 PM
    Also under the 9900 Firewall settings there is nothing checked off to restrict text messages. My email does work.

07-14-16 05:58 PM
    I thought imessage only worked with wifi, and when away from wifi it switches automatically to SMS?

I don't recall doing that before with the iphone but I will check the settings. Also.....with the Sim removed from the iphone and in the 9900, I assumed SMS would be automatic again.....

As I understand it, Apple marks your line as belonging to an iPhone, and all Apple devices send messages to you via iMessage rather than SMS. iMessage uses both wifi and cellular data, so it might switch to SMS if both wifi and data were turned off.

If you search Google, you'll find all kinds of people who had trouble (not getting messages) after switching from iPhone to Android. You'll also find the method to turn off iMessage.
    07-14-16 06:06 PM
    You'll also find the method to turn off iMessage.
    Yup that sure did the trick thanks!! I had to shut down imessage on both the ipad and the iphone for it to work, man this keyboard is dreamy.

I realize I'm going to miss snapchat but it still works on iphone without a sim card......in fact EVERYTHING except calling works on iphone without a sim card!

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-14-16 06:16 PM
    well I'm more than a little miffed that texting won't work with my most important contact yet it works with others. I even hit "Reconcile now" under the texting settings for the person.

07-14-16 06:32 PM
    ok I even removed the specific assigned text tone I had for them and the full messaging history even found under their contact card and still nothing, it works with others so this is perplexing

07-14-16 07:01 PM
    ok I even removed the specific assigned text tone I had for them and the full messaging history even found under their contact card and still nothing, it works with others so this is perplexing

Good luck Boss! Glad your up and running here for the most part. Hope you figure out the little bug and have plenty of runway left on that 9900.

The 2 tone BlackBerry 9900 is a hybrid, love it!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 09:27 PM
    Good luck Boss! Glad your up and running here for the most part. Hope you figure out the little bug and have plenty of runway left on that 9900.

The 2 tone BlackBerry 9900 is a hybrid, love it!

Posted via CB10
    haha thnx dude. I finally know what it's like typing on a new 9900 KB now, pretty clicky and the perfect amount of resistance, diggin' it! The dotted BB button is a little "creaky" but it doesn't mean anything to me. It all works.

Yeah it's just ONE friend that I cannot get SMS texts from but I am TRYING to convince him to install Whatsapp on his iphone, he is like the last holdout on earth.

07-14-16 09:31 PM
    Not quite identical twins but getting closer.....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1468550243.540959.jpg

There is always a "bad apple" in any group though
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-14-16 09:37 PM
    ok so now my other buddy said it's not a Frakenstein phone it's more like an Obama phone, half black and half white lols the jokes will fly now

07-14-16 10:39 PM
    I'm with ya buddy. Bold 9900 is freaking awesome. BlackBerry needs to drop bb10 in this phone (update the specs too ) this is one bad *** phone!!!
    Noo... just minor updates to the phone will be fine. Update the browser, fix HTML email, get a decent camera

I don't get all the complaints about OS7, with the track pad and tool belt, it's super efficient. Works just fine for me, don't need OS10.

Frankly BlackBerry gotta either port the good bits of OS10 back to OS7 or vice versa.
    07-15-16 12:18 AM
    Not to mention that 0S7 is a miser on Data useage, barely uses anything! On my iphone in just a week I used a full GIG of data and I never break 200MB's on the Blackberry. Now I KNOW that there are a lot more apps on the iphone, but still. Everything must be compressed on the Blackberry? No, I do not use Opera Mini anymore since having issues with the language self-setting itself back to Spanish all the time for some reason. Honestly I don't feel I need to save data with what I have in the 9900, and just general use.

07-15-16 03:24 AM
    Docs to go for BB10 just never fully matured, imo. Q10 was infuriating! Classic's a VAST improvement over the Q but still "clunky" and no good way to insert spreadsheet rows, for example. Go figure.

I'll grab my 9900 for spreadsheet work rather than use the desktop right in front of me! 9900 is THE spreadsheet monster! Microsoft should sell 9900s as data entry terminals for excel!!
    I would have upgraded to the classic in 2015 but the price is still so high and with the uncertainty of whatsapp i didn't want to spend over $250 on a phone when whatsapp wont work after 6 months, but i was sick of not having the tool belt and never being able to answer a phone call properly so i just bought the 9900 again and was the best decision i made. I'm going to sell the Q10 because i won't use it anymore.

07-15-16 03:37 AM
    Not to mention that 0S7 is a miser on Data useage, barely uses anything! On my iphone in just a week I used a full GIG of data and I never break 200MB's on the Blackberry. Now I KNOW that there are a lot more apps on the iphone, but still. Everything must be compressed on the Blackberry? No, I do not use Opera Mini anymore since having issues with the language self-setting itself back to Spanish all the time for some reason. Honestly I don't feel I need to save data with what I have in the 9900, and just general use.

I use my 9900 on wifi when i'm at home, it also conserves the battery too which is good, i have a 1GB data allowance in my plan and i haven't gone over it, in fact i haven't even used 100mb this month

07-15-16 03:38 AM
    I use my 9900 on wifi when i'm at home, it also conserves the battery too which is good, i have a 1GB data allowance in my plan and i haven't gone over it, in fact i haven't even used 100mb this month

I guess I am pretty lucky I get 5GB a month but we pay through the nose here for it. I am still on my original BB 9780 plan from 2011 and I think the reason they gave so much data is because with a Blackberry they knew we would likely not come close to using that much data. Then in 2014 when I signed a 2 year contract with iphone that extra data came in handy. I only came close to breaking 5 GB ONCE, last year, when the Periscope app became popular. Nothing burns through battery and data like live streaming to the world on your own TV channel basically.

Now ironically, with most new plans the most you can get is 1GB and most smartphones nowadays will eat that up pretty quickly. Its all to make $$$.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-15-16 03:52 AM
    ok so now my other buddy said it's not a Frakenstein phone it's more like an Obama phone, half black and half white lols the jokes will fly now
    #BlackPhonesMatter

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-15-16 06:45 AM
8,754 ... 6869707172 ...