Cool, I added the CB app to my 9780 and now i can see how many views each thread has again. Man the keys are stiff on this thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-13-16 01:53 AM
    Have to add.... my local Verizon store has a BB advocate who still mentions that BB should have just taken the 9900/9930 and stretched the screen vertically & added LTE.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-13-16 05:15 AM
    I'm ok with the screen size on the 9900. It is quite a noticeable difference compared to the 9780. The size is perfect for a shirt pocket or a front pocket while bending over to tie shoelaces.....I was pinched more than a few times this week with my iphone (and I have the small one).

People will just say he described the Classic in here and that we should not complain

07-13-16 09:48 PM
    Yup, all the numbers, and there are a lot of them, are present on the "original" keyboard as well as the one I got from Bislinks, including "Rev4".
    Perhaps these are manufacturing rejects or used keyboards or maybe they really are the real thing.
    Anyways, on mine, the rattly feeling on the toolbelt buttons has subsided after a few days and it feels pretty good now, I would say better than what was on there before. Maybe even tempted to notch it above my beloved Q10...

For the cost, just based on my experience, I would sure order a few more spare from Bislinks
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-13-16 10:21 PM
    Yup, all the numbers, and there are a lot of them, are present on the "original" keyboard as well as the one I got from Bislinks, including "Rev4".
    Perhaps these are manufacturing rejects or used keyboards or maybe they really are the real thing.
    Anyways, on mine, the rattly feeling on the toolbelt buttons has subsided after a few days and it feels pretty good now, I would say better than what was on there before. Maybe even tempted to notch it above my beloved Q10...

For the cost, just based on my experience, I would sure order a few more spare from Bislinks
    Good feedback. Thanks.
    07-14-16 12:29 AM
    I'm ok with the screen size on the 9900. It is quite a noticeable difference compared to the 9780. The size is perfect for a shirt pocket or a front pocket while bending over to tie shoelaces.....I was pinched more than a few times this week with my iphone (and I have the small one).

People will just say he described the Classic in here and that we should not complain

I'm also quite happy with the 9900's screen size. Trackpad and toolbelt render screen size irrelevant to efficient navigation, imo. Large or small. For viewing, I just hold my smaller screen closer. Or employ the very handy "I&O" zoom shortcuts. Also. they make bifocals for older codgers like myself who's arms have gotten shorter with age... Lol.

For the few times per week I might see a use for something bigger, my Classic, PP nor Z30 are really rarely big enough also. Lugging around excess bulk 100% of the time when that bulk proves useful only 1% of the time sacrifices too many other valued attributes that only compact form factors provide.

Anything taller than a Q10 is simply not an "all position" proposition, imo. I typically grasp my 9900 (and Q) using first finger on top edge, fourth finger under bottom edge. This provides secure grasp, and comfortable thumb reach, in virtually any position or activity. Including laying flat on back, with wife on right arm, while replying to grandkids at bed time. A cherished routine.

Typically, if really seeking to view something, I'll just hdmi my 9900 linked PlayBook, or Miracast from Classic, PP or Z30, into a large flat panel. Even the most enormous phablet can't yet match the screen estate of the 100" flat panel in the conference room at work... Lol.

Never kno, tho. Samsung's 100" device might be introduced soon! Complete with wheels for carrying and step ladder for accessing the far reaches of the screen! Lol.
    anon(9721108) and Ursus Rufus like this.
    07-14-16 01:15 AM
    I'm also quite happy with the 9900's screen size. Trackpad and toolbelt render screen size irrelevant to efficient navigation, imo. Large or small. For viewing, I just hold my smaller screen closer. Or employ the very handy "I&O" zoom shortcuts. Also. they make bifocals for older codgers like myself who's arms have gotten shorter with age... Lol.

For the few times per week I might see a use for something bigger, my Classic, PP nor Z30 are really rarely big enough also. Lugging around excess bulk 100% of the time when that bulk proves useful only 1% of the time sacrifices too many other valued attributes that only compact form factors provide.

Anything taller than a Q10 is simply not an "all position" proposition, imo. I typically grasp my 9900 (and Q) using first finger on top edge, fourth finger under bottom edge. This provides secure grasp, and comfortable thumb reach, in virtually any position or activity. Including laying flat on back, with wife on right arm, while replying to grandkids at bed time. A cherished routine.

Typically, if really seeking to view something, I'll just hdmi my 9900 linked PlayBook, or Miracast from Classic, PP or Z30, into a large flat panel. Even the most enormous phablet can't yet match the screen estate of the 100" flat panel in the conference room at work... Lol.

Never kno, tho. Samsung's 100" device might be introduced soon! Complete with wheels for carrying and step ladder for accessing the far reaches of the screen! Lol.
    The screen on the Q10 is bigger than the 9900 yet everything on the 9900 just seems to work so much better, even in emails with HTML the Q10 just seemed like a mess, I never realized how much i missed the 9900 until i switched back to it and i haven't noticed much difference in performance speed apart from using the app store to download but that never bothered me before and doesn't bother me now. I think the 9900 is a perfect size and i'm sure people who are using this phone these days are willingly keeping and using them, BlackBerry only made the screen on the Classic bigger because of the app generation complaining about the screen being too small, but i think if the Classic's screen was running OS7 there would be so much room on it, i also think OS7 with android runtime would make the apps look really nice on these phones, Apps look and work better on OS7 than OS10 in my experience, you can't even compare OS7 twitter to OS10 twitter because OS7 twitter beats it everytime haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    idssteve likes this.
    07-14-16 08:01 AM
    The screen on the Q10 is bigger than the 9900 yet everything on the 9900 just seems to work so much better, even in emails with HTML the Q10 just seemed like a mess, I never realized how much i missed the 9900 until i switched back to it and i haven't noticed much difference in performance speed apart from using the app store to download but that never bothered me before and doesn't bother me now. I think the 9900 is a perfect size and i'm sure people who are using this phone these days are willingly keeping and using them, BlackBerry only made the screen on the Classic bigger because of the app generation complaining about the screen being too small, but i think if the Classic's screen was running OS7 there would be so much room on it, i also think OS7 with android runtime would make the apps look really nice on these phones, Apps look and work better on OS7 than OS10 in my experience, you can't even compare OS7 twitter to OS10 twitter because OS7 twitter beats it everytime haha.

+1. The LCD screen on the Bold 9900 and the design/typography choices make it much easier to read than the Q10, despite the smaller dimensions. That's an amusing observation about how "roomy" a Q10 with OS7 would seem.

As for performance, I find that it suffers most when using the browser -- which can be alleviated to a limited extent with Opera Mini -- and when downloading podcasts, which is a much slower process than on almost any more modern device, including the Q10. For me, those are small sacrifices. For others, I'm sure they would be among the many dealbreakers of using a five-year-old small-screen device. We really are a niche group of users with a very specific (and limited) set of needs.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-14-16 08:33 AM
    Wow. You lot are making me wish I hadn't given my 9900 away as a gift. I feel like I should've held onto it a little longer.

To be honest I loved that little thing but always found the keyboard a little bit of a struggle. The layout and feel was great but it seemed cramped. Maybe I just needed a bit more time.

Tah well.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:55 AM
    We really are a niche group of users with a very specific (and limited) set of needs.
    Here's to niches! : )

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:58 AM
    +1. The LCD screen on the Bold 9900 and the design/typography choices make it much easier to read than the Q10, despite the smaller dimensions. That's an amusing observation about how "roomy" a Q10 with OS7 would seem.

As for performance, I find that it suffers most when using the browser -- which can be alleviated to a limited extent with Opera Mini -- and when downloading podcasts, which is a much slower process than on almost any more modern device, including the Q10. For me, those are small sacrifices. For others, I'm sure they would be among the many dealbreakers of using a five-year-old small-screen device. We really are a niche group of users with a very specific (and limited) set of needs.
    I noticed that some websites dont allow you to access them anymore because you're using an old device, specifically websites that want you to download the app instead. I think the one reason why the screen seems smaller on the Q10 is that the on screen tool belt options is always visible, i noticed it's still even there with the Classic which makes no sense, i don't know why but i always found the OS10 to be more clunky and i now know thats its because of the always present touch tool belt that never goes away even when you don't need it, it makes the screen the exact same size for information as the 9900 but the 9900 does better in this. I never used documents to go on my 9900 for work but in 2013 i had to start and had my Q10 so i didn't know any different, within the first few days of my 9900 i was using documents to go on my 9900 and the difference was really something, that trackpad is amazing when using word and spreadsheets. As long as the email, bbm and documents to go continues to work i can definitely see myself using this phone for another few years.

07-14-16 09:06 AM
    Wow. You lot are making me wish I hadn't given my 9900 away as a gift. I feel like I should've held onto it a little longer.

To be honest I loved that little thing but always found the keyboard a little bit of a struggle. The layout and feel was great but it seemed cramped. Maybe I just needed a bit more time.

Tah well.

Posted via CB10
    Once you learn to type with thumbnail instead of fleshy pad, 9900's keyboard becomes super spacious and exquisitely precise.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-14-16 12:42 PM
    I noticed that some websites dont allow you to access them anymore because you're using an old device, specifically websites that want you to download the app instead. I think the one reason why the screen seems smaller on the Q10 is that the on screen tool belt options is always visible, i noticed it's still even there with the Classic which makes no sense, i don't know why but i always found the OS10 to be more clunky and i now know thats its because of the always present touch tool belt that never goes away even when you don't need it, it makes the screen the exact same size for information as the 9900 but the 9900 does better in this. I never used documents to go on my 9900 for work but in 2013 i had to start and had my Q10 so i didn't know any different, within the first few days of my 9900 i was using documents to go on my 9900 and the difference was really something, that trackpad is amazing when using word and spreadsheets. As long as the email, bbm and documents to go continues to work i can definitely see myself using this phone for another few years.

Docs to go for BB10 just never fully matured, imo. Q10 was infuriating! Classic's a VAST improvement over the Q but still "clunky" and no good way to insert spreadsheet rows, for example. Go figure.

I'll grab my 9900 for spreadsheet work rather than use the desktop right in front of me! 9900 is THE spreadsheet monster! Microsoft should sell 9900s as data entry terminals for excel!!
    07-14-16 12:49 PM
    Guess what came in the mail. Is it legit? It's supposed to be an official Blackberry brand and will install it tonite. 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1468520701.210300.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1468520725.025935.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1468520751.524251.jpg
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-14-16 01:26 PM
    My Android app seems to be failing me as I try to up load a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1468525372115.jpg  
    07-14-16 02:43 PM
    Silly, but what I miss most by not using my 9900 is the soft padded OEM leather pouch

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1468525544801.jpg
    07-14-16 02:46 PM
    Ok here we go....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1468526770.454828.jpg
    idssteve likes this.
    07-14-16 03:06 PM
    I'm with ya buddy. Bold 9900 is freaking awesome. BlackBerry needs to drop bb10 in this phone (update the specs too ) this is one bad *** phone!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-20160709_170546.jpg  
    anon(9721108) and Ursus Rufus like this.
    07-14-16 03:09 PM
    Ok so here is what it looks like now in 2-tone, getting ready to boot it up and hope it works......
    07-14-16 03:16 PM
    07-14-16 03:16 PM
    Also of interest is this TINY little protective sticker that was covering the trackpad and good thing I noticed it. It is so impossible to notice that I think that is why they put the 4 little lines on it.....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1468527461.217585.jpg
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-14-16 03:17 PM
    and it looks like.....

we're back in buisness boys and girls

07-14-16 03:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1468527377.750822.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	656.3 KB 
ID:	403991
    Two tone looks sharp
    07-14-16 04:15 PM
    and it looks like.....

we're back in buisness boys and girls

Glad it worked out!
    07-14-16 04:31 PM
    one thing though, i can send text messages with SMS and my buddy got them but i am not receiving them, yet I can hear them on the iphone. What is even more strange is that the sim card is not in my iphone anymore so that would be imessage. BUT the sim is in the Blackberry and I should be receiving SMS text messages.

might be a delay in the services to set up again

07-14-16 04:38 PM
8,754 ... 6768697071 ...