When you order from Amazon I assume we are actually not able to check the REV numbers?
    07-03-16 05:17 PM
    Even holding it like THIS is still more rewarding and feels better than a glass slab! How is THAT for loyalty 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467584651.425870.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467584666.026852.jpg
    Eric Wadsworth likes this.
    07-03-16 05:24 PM
    Posting a new video update thread of what happened guys, check it in a few.....
    07-03-16 06:49 PM
    Yeah, the AT&T branded ones from the first pic. Quite a bargain, considering they have minimal wear and the batteries are still in very good shape. I do get 4G, but I don't really care about that aspect since I'll be using them exclusively on Wi-Fi.

Posted via CB10
    Thats really cool, my Vodafone Ireland 9900 doesn't have a 4G option, considering we only got 4G in 2014 haha and some networks are still slow at rolling it out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-03-16 07:57 PM
    When you order from Amazon I assume we are actually not able to check the REV numbers?
    No you can't check them unless the seller has upload pictures, according to amazon and the sellers they say that the use a barcode or the ASIN number of something and if they match a listing they all go under that listing in amazon, i had ordered an incredibly rare CD on amazon and i thought the regular edition was going to be sent because not many even know about the CD but i was shocked when it was actually what i had ordered. I still favor eBay though because most sellers will upload pictures of the item they are selling and you can see the codes on the keyboard in the picture. I really hope you get this solved, i'm sure you are really missing using the 9900 already.

07-03-16 08:00 PM
    OK thanks. I'll be scouring eBay for a Rev 4 keyboard but in the meantime I'm going to order one of those five dollar Chinese ones just to see what happens.
    07-04-16 11:22 AM
    OK thanks. I'll be scouring eBay for a Rev 4 keyboard but in the meantime I'm going to order one of those five dollar Chinese ones just to see what happens.
    Had ordered one of those in March.
    The keys "p" and "m" took extra force to push.
    ( had to practically put the phone on a table top to push them !! )

Ended up ordering from a vendor in NY.
    ( installed without issues. )
    07-04-16 11:44 AM

Ok you convinced me, I'll order a BB brand keyboard. Yup
    07-04-16 11:53 AM

My total cost for a white Blackberry brand keyboard complete with trackpad will be $13 Cdn. I'm confident it will fix the issue.
    experiment 626 likes this.
    07-04-16 04:46 PM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467709307.296680.jpg

OK this is getting sad
    07-05-16 04:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1467709307.296680.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	527.6 KB 
ID:	403504

OK this is getting sad
    Oh no. Hope you can get your beloved 9900 to where you want it! Admittedly I'm not good at fixing things. If it were me, I would just treat myself to a brand new 9900, in perhaps white as a change of pace. Good luck with everything!
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-05-16 07:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1467709307.296680.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	527.6 KB 
ID:	403504

OK this is getting sad
    Dislodged 3 keys on mine, once. (Face down on gravel seems most damaging to these things. Lol.) Amazingly, missing keys still functioned by poking thru hole with ball point pen. Agonizingly cumbersome but got by till break time. New keyboard over breaktime. New screen came later that night. "Battle scars" on frame still there. Lol.

Coworker just experienced similar (face down on gravel) tragedy a few days ago. "T" was loose & deformed but still functioning. TP was cracked corner to corner but still functioning. Screen was spiderweb cracked with missing pieces but still working. Amazing resilience to external damage but equally amazing vulnerability to simple KB swap, it seems. That's just life all over again... Lol.
    07-05-16 09:31 AM
    Dislodged 3 keys on mine, once. (Face down on gravel seems most damaging to these things. Lol.) Amazingly, missing keys still functioned by poking thru hole with ball point pen. Agonizingly cumbersome but got by till break time. New keyboard over breaktime. New screen came later that night. "Battle scars" on frame still there. Lol.

Coworker just experienced similar (face down on gravel) tragedy a few days ago. "T" was loose & deformed but still functioning. TP was cracked corner to corner but still functioning. Screen was spiderweb cracked with missing pieces but still working. Amazing resilience to external damage but equally amazing vulnerability to simple KB swap, it seems. That's just life all over again... Lol.
    And once a key is off THEY STAY OFF! There seems to be no way to snap them back in.
    07-05-16 11:17 AM
    And once a key is off THEY STAY OFF! There seems to be no way to snap them back in.
    Lol. Too easy to swap KB (so I thought...). I had coworker's KB and screen swapped and booted in about 20 minutes. Try THAT with a Classic! ... Lol.
    I'm starting to worry that some of the "cheap" KB we're seeing these days might be production rejects! Or something? The really good ones might be getting rare? Idk. Holding my breath on how your "new" kb works out. We've been downright wasteful with my company's stash of KB. Might live to regret that wastefulness some day.
    07-05-16 11:39 AM
    Attachment 403307.
    And my collection of BlackBerrys
    Posted via CB10.
    I covet that blue Curve!
    purrrty!
    07-05-16 04:04 PM
    Lol. Too easy to swap KB (so I thought...). I had coworker's KB and screen swapped and booted in about 20 minutes. Try THAT with a Classic! ... Lol.
    I'm starting to worry that some of the "cheap" KB we're seeing these days might be production rejects! Or something? The really good ones might be getting rare? Idk. Holding my breath on how your "new" kb works out. We've been downright wasteful with my company's stash of KB. Might live to regret that wastefulness some day.
    Lols Steve you are more worried about my 9900 keyboard than I am . I am sure that if it is an original NEW Blackberry brand KB then it will be ok.

There seems to be no shortage of authentically Blackberry KB's on eBay but I hope I don't regret ordering a white one. Black does look amazing BUT despite the white being cheaper, the other reason is for "visibility." When I have company and we watch movies the lights are always dim or completely off......I cannot tell you how many times I put the phone on the table and then reach for coffee and then put the coffee right on the device! I NEVER had this issue with the all white 9780. So I do hope it works
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-05-16 05:26 PM
    Lols Steve you are more worried about my 9900 keyboard than I am . I am sure that if it is an original NEW Blackberry brand KB then it will be ok.

There seems to be no shortage of authentically Blackberry KB's on eBay but I hope I don't regret ordering a white one. Black does look amazing BUT despite the white being cheaper, the other reason is for "visibility." When I have company and we watch movies the lights are always dim or completely off......I cannot tell you how many times I put the phone on the table and then reach for coffee and then put the coffee right on the device! I NEVER had this issue with the all white 9780. So I do hope it works
    Lol. 9900s probably don't make very good coasters. Used to be an app that kept lighting dimly active while plugged in charging... Might still be there??

I've always figured paint wear might be less intrusive on a white kb? Idk. My company has hundreds of black ones so I'll probably never get to try a white one. Lol.
    07-05-16 06:36 PM
    Lol. 9900s probably don't make very good coasters. Used to be an app that kept lighting dimly active while plugged in charging... Might still be there??

I've always figured paint wear might be less intrusive on a white kb? Idk. My company has hundreds of black ones so I'll probably never get to try a white one. Lol.
    If I plug in my phone when I spill coffee on it we would have bigger problems than a broken keyboard in here ;-)
    07-05-16 08:45 PM
    So I've been digging my old 9900 for many months now since moving back from my Passport. Still love the Passport but nothing beats the form factor of the 9900 and how well it helps get rid of all the app noise. Though sadly I fear my time with the 9900 is coming to an abrupt end due to the message I got today when logging into my companies Office 365 Admin Portal.

[INDENT]BlackBerry will discontinue the BlackBerry Business Cloud Service in August 2016.
    MC45458
    Action required by Aug 27, 2016
    BlackBerry will discontinue the BlackBerry Business Cloud Service in August 2016.

How does this affect me?

After August 2016, legacy BlackBerry devices (those which do not support the Exchange ActiveSync protocol) will cease to work with Office 365.

New tenant subscriptions for BlackBerry Business Cloud Service are no longer being accepted due to the pending termination of the service.

Tenants currently subscribed to BlackBerry Business Cloud Service are still able to add new users to the service, for that tenant.

Any ideas how to still get my work emails/calendar/contacts on the 9900? If not, it's back to either the Passport or Classic. Maybe even looking for a Q10 since it's smaller. What a let down after a few good months of the 9900 again...
    07-06-16 02:22 PM
    So I've been digging my old 9900 for many months now since moving back from my Passport. Still love the Passport but nothing beats the form factor of the 9900 and how well it helps get rid of all the app noise. Though sadly I fear my time with the 9900 is coming to an abrupt end due to the message I got today when logging into my companies Office 365 Admin Portal.

[INDENT]BlackBerry will discontinue the BlackBerry Business Cloud Service in August 2016.
    MC45458
    Action required by Aug 27, 2016
    BlackBerry will discontinue the BlackBerry Business Cloud Service in August 2016.

How does this affect me?

After August 2016, legacy BlackBerry devices (those which do not support the Exchange ActiveSync protocol) will cease to work with Office 365.

New tenant subscriptions for BlackBerry Business Cloud Service are no longer being accepted due to the pending termination of the service.

Tenants currently subscribed to BlackBerry Business Cloud Service are still able to add new users to the service, for that tenant.

Any ideas how to still get my work emails/calendar/contacts on the 9900? If not, it's back to either the Passport or Classic. Maybe even looking for a Q10 since it's smaller. What a let down after a few good months of the 9900 again...
    You will need a BIS plan and then add your hotmail account to your 9900, if you have and do that already you should be able to get emails on there and your contacts should sync, mine did when i came from the Q10 to 9900, all the contacts and emails were stored with the hotmail account and when i added it to my 9900 all the contacts came with it. You can still use the documents to go app in the 9900 and then just email the document, download it on your computer and open it in the Office 365 like normal. Hope this helps.

07-06-16 06:57 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I finally got the extended gold battery for the 9900, i haven't opened it or tried it out yet because it says that it needs a full 12 hours of charging before its first use and i want to do this right so i will charge it in the phone tonight. I will know tomorrow if it's good or not, i'm hopeful that it will last longer than the original battery but if it's the same as the original then i just have a spare battery which is perfect if i'm traveling.

07-07-16 09:56 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I finally got the extended gold battery for the 9900, i haven't opened it or tried it out yet because it says that it needs a full 12 hours of charging before its first use and i want to do this right so i will charge it in the phone tonight. I will know tomorrow if it's good or not, i'm hopeful that it will last longer than the original battery but if it's the same as the original then i just have a spare battery which is perfect if i'm traveling.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467905360.869076.jpgyou need a wall charger like my orange one in this pic. They are only $10
    07-07-16 10:30 AM
    You will need a BIS plan and then add your hotmail account to your 9900, if you have and do that already you should be able to get emails on there and your contacts should sync, mine did when i came from the Q10 to 9900, all the contacts and emails were stored with the hotmail account and when i added it to my 9900 all the contacts came with it. You can still use the documents to go app in the 9900 and then just email the document, download it on your computer and open it in the Office 365 like normal. Hope this helps.

Sadly though...T-Mobile has eliminated BIS plans I believe. I might be wrong but I think that's what the rep told me when I started using the 9900 again.

I noticed the BB logo wasn't showing up on the screen next to the network anymore, called to ask, and thats what I was told.
    07-07-16 03:48 PM
    Sadly though...T-Mobile has eliminated BIS plans I believe. I might be wrong but I think that's what the rep told me when I started using the 9900 again.

I noticed the BB logo wasn't showing up on the screen next to the network anymore, called to ask, and thats what I was told.
    That's been talked about before in here and as far as I recall it is available on all major US networks
    07-07-16 04:19 PM

Sorry to hear that, my network in ireland doesn't have BIS plans either, however they told me that it's included in their bill monthly plans and i didn't believe them because all the networks are really blackberry illiterate but i ordered the sim anyway, it worked and i was so shocked and the monthly bill is so cheap too, this phone is not only amazing but halved my previous bill monthly plan haha. I think the networks stopped pre-paid BIS so maybe you will need a monthly plan or something like that? or to factory re-set the phone and try and set it up as a new phone running BIS? I would suggest backing everything up before the factory reset though.

07-07-16 06:09 PM
8,754 ... 6465666768 ...