Great phone!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1047.jpg  
    07-01-16 01:16 PM
    Attachment 403224, dropped my ppse ONCE and the earpiece volume (which was eva so low) in unbearable, talking is shouting to be heard otherside, restarts are a daily bread, so here i'm joining you ladies and gentlemen with this second hand 9900.
    Bummer about your SE -- I've dropped mine a few times with no observable consequences, thank goodness... Welcome to The Land of the
    Bold!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    07-01-16 06:30 PM
    I had to turn most of my iPhone notifications OFF in the Settings. Just too much. I tried to make the NOTIFICATIONS section (pull down fro the home screen) act like the BlackBerry HUB of BB10 but no joy. As I said, I'm getting an iPhone 5s as a play phone on weekends now that my 4s is retired, but I'm staying in the BlackBerry camp. And my 9900 will be on the business line until ATT no longer allows BIS, or I retire. Whichever comes first.
    I would go with the iPhone SE if you can, it would be more "future proof" and has the same A9 chip the 6S has.
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    07-02-16 02:11 AM
    Well unfortunately the 9900 experiment didn't go as planned. I found that the shortcomings for my personal use where more than I could cope for. Swapped it with a Q10 at the end. I still believe the design of the 9900 is one of the best ever made. Miles ahead of the Q10. The OS as well. If only BB10 could be more like OS 7 design and usability wise. Navigation was such a pleasure with the Bold. I find my self enjoying the Q10 more than the Bold for the things that I need it the most.

I'll keep lurking at the thread though. You guys are the best. Hopefully somebody from Blackberry will read this thread and realize what a great phone the 9900 was, and release a 2016 version. One can only hope
    anon(6038817) and Avenzuno like this.
    07-02-16 06:06 AM
    I'd sure like to figure out Ralph's "new" KBs. We've swapped SO many KBs with so few issues... Perplexing. Unfortunately I'm FAR away from home base with very limited access to our massive stash of old & new KBs. I will be making a B line to them once back in the office but we're buried deep in a field project that might keep me away for a couple months. There's surely a # combination that's posing problems?? Unfortunately, since my crew hasn't noticed any issues, the only things we can draw from our experience will be what combos have been working for us. We have next to no experience with what combo does not work. fwiw.
    07-02-16 08:23 AM
    Well unfortunately the 9900 experiment didn't go as planned. I found that the shortcomings for my personal use where more than I could cope for. Swapped it with a Q10 at the end. I still believe the design of the 9900 is one of the best ever made. Miles ahead of the Q10. The OS as well. If only BB10 could be more like OS 7 design and usability wise. Navigation was such a pleasure with the Bold. I find my self enjoying the Q10 more than the Bold for the things that I need it the most.

I'll keep lurking at the thread though. You guys are the best. Hopefully somebody from Blackberry will read this thread and realize what a great phone the 9900 was, and release a 2016 version. One can only hope
    So it came down to needing more apps for you? I wish that was my problem and not my keyboard issue
    07-02-16 10:39 AM
    I'd sure like to figure out Ralph's "new" KBs. We've swapped SO many KBs with so few issues... Perplexing. Unfortunately I'm FAR away from home base with very limited access to our massive stash of old & new KBs. I will be making a B line to them once back in the office but we're buried deep in a field project that might keep me away for a couple months. There's surely a # combination that's posing problems?? Unfortunately, since my crew hasn't noticed any issues, the only things we can draw from our experience will be what combos have been working for us. We have next to no experience with what combo does not work. fwiw.
    IKR. With the last keyboard they put on at the place the keys were perfect BUT the trackpad would not scroll. Absolutely was the worst sinking "feeling" when the keys were fixed but a dead trackpad! The TP button would press and open an app, but you had to use the touchscreen to select the app. It's basically the "H" key's fault and I'm still miffed about it. I SHOULD NOT be using my iPhone right now and all the notifications are something of an intrusion. I'm one of those people that believes if you have a state of the art device I don't like to "restrict" it in anyway so that means notification overload. (So I shouldn't complain I suppose) but they do interrupt aspects of life. BING BING BING

I will try a $5 keyboard from Amazon as a last resort because the way it is now with all my info on it, and being logged into FB, Twitter, IG, emails, if someone does figure it out then they would have access to all that. So even if I wanted to I cannot sell it for parts because someone could have access. I will attempt to fix the original KB again and align everything correctly but I usually know how well that type of thing goes .

As you say it is such a simple thing to swap the keyboard, it SHOULD have solved it.

I am a huge fan to the 9900 if I am not somehow able to resurrect the keyboard and I'm not going anywhere. At least I had 6-7 months with the Legendary device, if anything.
    07-02-16 10:55 AM
    By the way the CrackBerry app on the 9900 was 10 times better than the CrackBerry app on my iPhone because I can't even see the total views on iOS they don't allow you to see it I can only see how many comments the thread got. Some "state of the art" device eh? I even went to regular CB and I still don't see the total thread views.
    07-02-16 10:59 AM
    So it came down to needing more apps for you? I wish that was my problem and not my keyboard issue
    In a few words, yes. And I'm not an app freak either. The Blackberry 10 app ecosystem is fine for my needs. The only apps I downloaded from Amazon app store where Viber and Vine. The other problem was google sync and gmail. Opening up the web browser shortcut was a pain. It took forever to load and was sluggish.
    07-02-16 11:36 AM
    IKR. With the last keyboard they put on at the place the keys were perfect BUT the trackpad would not scroll. Absolutely was the worst sinking "feeling" when the keys were fixed but a dead trackpad! The TP button would press and open an app, but you had to use the touchscreen to select the app. It's basically the "H" key's fault and I'm still miffed about it. I SHOULD NOT be using my iPhone right now and all the notifications are something of an intrusion. I'm one of those people that believes if you have a state of the art device I don't like to "restrict" it in anyway so that means notification overload. (So I shouldn't complain I suppose) but they do interrupt aspects of life. BING BING BING

I will try a $5 keyboard from Amazon as a last resort because the way it is now with all my info on it, and being logged into FB, Twitter, IG, emails, if someone does figure it out then they would have access to all that. So even if I wanted to I cannot sell it for parts because someone could have access. I will attempt to fix the original KB again and align everything correctly but I usually know how well that type of thing goes .

As you say it is such a simple thing to swap the keyboard, it SHOULD have solved it.

I am a huge fan to the 9900 if I am not somehow able to resurrect the keyboard and I'm not going anywhere. At least I had 6-7 months with the Legendary device, if anything.
    Well, I just assisted a coworker to replace a cracked screen and keyboard but used spares brought from the office so all went well, as usual. Since I only brought a single spare, now zero spare, I'm tempted to try a $5 Amazon kb just to keep a ready spare. Of course I keep spare 99s handy, also.

That coworker's 99 had dropped about 18-20 feet, face down, on gravel. Had it back in service in 20 minutes. While drinking coffee, of course. Lol.

This screen # ended in "***002..." Or something like that. Just matched the #. Never concerned myself with such #s for keyboards but might help others, and myself, if we can identify which KBs work where?

I do know there was a generational change at some point where trackpad elevation protrudes slightly higher than older ones. We used folded paper strip to shim up under the track pad in effort to achieve additional protrusion on the older configuration. This helps prevent accidentally touching links on the touch screen. Knowing there HAS been generational trackpad evolution makes it perfectly believable that some combos might not work? We've swapped in quite a few "protruding" trackpads into older devices without problems so identifying the non-working combos won't be so simple.
    07-02-16 12:28 PM
    I mentioned I would be getting 2 9900 and they arrived. Bought them from Ireland, 2 for 30 Pounds, which seems a great deal to me. However, they both have cracked glass, but that doesn't hinder functionality in any way, save for the small visual print of the crack. I installed screen protectors for both, and when I will have time I'll order 2 new screens.

They're both AT&T units, but unlocked, so I get 4G here in Denmark. My Vodafone 9900 only gets 3G, so that's an advantage I guess. I won't activate BIS because my Passport is my main phone and I'll use one of the Bolds for calls, messaging, document writing /editing and as a music player.

To my surprise (and satisfaction), the AT&T units are louder than my Vodafone unit and match the headphone output of my beloved 9780, allowing me to finally replace the smaller Bold. I'm very happy and for now, I've quenched my thirst for BlackBerrys, but more purchases will follow, the next phone in line being a Classic.

Here are some pictures

The Bold in the middle is my girlfriend's and I chose the unit to the right.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20160702_141906_edit.jpg

And my collection of BlackBerrys

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-20160702_142134_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    07-02-16 01:42 PM
    I mentioned I would be getting 2 9900 and they arrived. Bought them from Ireland, 2 for 30 Pounds, which seems a great deal to me. However, they both have cracked glass, but that doesn't hinder functionality in any way, save for the small visual print of the crack. I installed screen protectors for both, and when I will have time I'll order 2 new screens.

They're both AT&T units, but unlocked, so I get 4G here in Denmark. My Vodafone 9900 only gets 3G, so that's an advantage I guess. I won't activate BIS because my Passport is my main phone and I'll use one of the Bolds for calls, messaging, document writing /editing and as a music player.

To my surprise (and satisfaction), the AT&T units are louder than my Vodafone unit and match the headphone output of my beloved 9780, allowing me to finally replace the smaller Bold. I'm very happy and for now, I've quenched my thirst for BlackBerrys, but more purchases will follow, the next phone in line being a Classic.

Here are some pictures

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160702_141906_edit.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	403306

Name:	20160702_142134_edit.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	403307

Posted via CB10
    Very nice! One thing I notice is how the ear volume is great on the 9780 and 9900 and on my iPhone in a noisy cafe or traffic filled street I have to strain to hear anything on my iPhone. Volume is a definite WIN WIN for team Blackberry!
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    07-02-16 04:07 PM
    Maybe it's a good thing I'm using an iPhone for a little while because I can sure tell you that after using the 9900 for almost 7 months it is so nice to be able to just swap to a fresh battery and go another seven or eight hours......

Meaning you APPRECIATE Blackberry and being able to perform that simple task everyday....
    07-02-16 04:14 PM
    With BB 9900, the hardware is good, and the software may be enough necessary needs for work if you are a person who cares about diversities of apps as Androi OS. After 2 years using this device, i just said it was one of the most great cell phones of BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry
    07-02-16 08:44 PM
    I purchased from the same seller in Chicago a few days ago. Received the device quickly (I live less than 50 miles away), but the 9900 I received was pretty beat up compared to the item description. Used my Priv (soon to be on Ebay as I recommit to the 9900) to photograph the flaws as part of the return process. Was disappointed in my purchase, AND in the Priv trying to take close up images! I've owned a 9900, Classic, Passport and Priv. 9900 is my favorite by far!
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    07-02-16 09:26 PM
    I would go with the iPhone SE if you can, it would be more "future proof" and has the same A9 chip the 6S has.
    Great suggestion, but the SE is too expensive at the moment, Roger. The 5s is very reasonable. Even though I have a corporate (Small Business) account with ATT, I do not do contracts. All of my phones I buy outright and just activate on ATT. Buying an SE outright at this point in time is ridiculously expensive. The 5s in 32 gig can be had for $200 -$250 if you look around. Easily. I saw one on Craigslist last week for $120. Of course, it was long gone by the time I called. So I'll buy a 5s for a few years and then up to an SE when their price falls drastically from current retail.

I scour Craigslist and Amazon Used sections on-going for deals on BlackBerry and iPhone. If you knew how inexpensive my Passport International Version was (with leather case and a pack of screen protectors included), you'd not believe it. The guy gave it away compared to the retail price, and it is in mint condition. I think he was crazy for selling it so cheaply, but that was his choice. Good for me of course.
    07-02-16 10:13 PM
    I purchased from the same seller in Chicago a few days ago. Received the device quickly (I live less than 50 miles away), but the 9900 I received was pretty beat up compared to the item description. Used my Priv (soon to be on Ebay as I recommit to the 9900) to photograph the flaws as part of the return process. Was disappointed in my purchase, AND in the Priv trying to take close up images! I've owned a 9900, Classic, Passport and Priv. 9900 is my favorite by far!
    My two main phones lately are my 9900 and my Passport. I have the 9900 permanently anchored on the business line, and the Passport is my personal phone on the personal line during the week, and I swap it out for an iPhone sometimes on weekends. Not always. The Passport is such a great phone, it really makes me want to use it all the time.

I got my 9900 used and it was in mint condition in the box with low mileage. The guy selling could not figure out how to unlock it from a pesky IT lockdown, so he literally gave it to me. Took me a while to get the pesky IT lockdown off it, but I managed to do it. I ran through all the popular IT Unlocking software items, and none worked. Finally found one that runs as a "Script" and it took off that IT Lockdown Policy and the phone has been a gem ever since.
    07-02-16 10:30 PM

Here are some pictures

Name:	IMG_20160702_141906_edit.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	403306

Name:	20160702_142134_edit.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	403307

Posted via CB10
    Did you get these on eBay? i think i saw them on there. So the AT+T 9900 gets 4G speeds? thats really cool

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    07-03-16 03:53 AM
    By the way the CrackBerry app on the 9900 was 10 times better than the CrackBerry app on my iPhone because I can't even see the total views on iOS they don't allow you to see it I can only see how many comments the thread got. Some "state of the art" device eh? I even went to regular CB and I still don't see the total thread views.
    The views of this thread are 109082 and counting

07-03-16 03:55 AM

Thnx dude, I can't believe this iPhone lols
    07-03-16 04:34 AM
    Thnx dude, I can't believe this iPhone lols
    So only the 9900 app can show the thread views? It's gained 200 more views since the last message, i don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

07-03-16 06:04 AM
    Did you get these on eBay? i think i saw them on there. So the AT+T 9900 gets 4G speeds? thats really cool

Yeah, the AT&T branded ones from the first pic. Quite a bargain, considering they have minimal wear and the batteries are still in very good shape. I do get 4G, but I don't really care about that aspect since I'll be using them exclusively on Wi-Fi.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 09:27 AM

Lol... That's 100K+ watching to see Ralph fix his keyboard! But no pressure, Ralph... Really no pressure.... Really... Haha...
    07-03-16 01:15 PM
    Lol... That's 100K+ watching to see Ralph fix his keyboard! But no pressure, Ralph... Really no pressure.... Really... Haha...
    Yes, Steve has right - don't feel stress. A few hundred of people from all over the world is not so scary...

But remember - WE'RE WATCHING YOU! People count on you!
    07-03-16 02:54 PM
    Ya right NO PRESSURE!!! Haha if I don't order this keyboard from Amazon you guys will never forgive me if I don't try that at least . I will definitely order tomorrow while I am at the caf� with my buddy he has an Amazon account.

Something I completely forgot about but not sure I should share is my buddy FaceTime me from his JetSki today he was on the middle of the lake, man I even forgot about face time LOL but like I said I can't even get through a meal without my phone going crazy and I have to always respond to stuff
    07-03-16 05:16 PM
8,754 ... 6364656667 ...