It wouldn't attract a mainstream audience, but I'd buy one!

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Mainstream audience (imo) will eat whatever you give them. If you make them believe that they want something, they will want it. If Apple manages to sell 16gb iPhones in 2016, I'm hopeful that Blackberry could pull it off. It still is a recognizable brand, they just need to make themselves better known in the mainstream audience.
    06-24-16 01:13 PM
    Well, to be honest, the first time I touched a Q10, shortly after launch, it seemed to have a much cheaper feel to it than the 9900, so that was the main reason why I didn't get one. I found several units below 70 Pounds while browsing eBay UK, but even if I was prepared to spend some money, I decided to go for the two Bolds rather than get a decent looking Q10.

Just like the Passport Silver Edition, I am just not attracted to certain phones. In the case of the (original) Passport, I loved its "in your face" raw, right angle corners look, because it was unlike anything I've ever seen.

To give a reply to another of your observations, indeed, the Bold is a great device, but I wouldn't use it as my main phone. It has its appeal and charm, I would say, but it's a bit too limited to be used without BIS (and I have no desire to pay extra since I always have my Passport with a data plan with me).

To conclude, I would get a Classic in lieu of a Q10, though, as the device, with the toolbelt and the larger screen, seems to have a much more pleasant look than the Q, especially in white or blue. I recently spotted a great deal for a blue one for close to 180 Euros, but I decided to pass. The next day, however, I woke up determined to get it, and surprise, madafaka!, the phone was sold. Maybe next time I'll act faster

Posted via CB10
    Regarding the look of the Q10, I rather like my modified black model with the silver frame from a white one.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-wp_20160213_003.jpg

06-24-16 01:14 PM
    Regarding the look of the Q10, I rather like my modified black model with the silver frame from a white one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160213_003.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	402810

Looks great.. A customized Q10 xD..
    06-24-16 01:47 PM
    Yes I understand, I came from Symbian to a Bold 9780, The experience was great too.. but the thing is, I knew a lot of people who had it, dumped it and then moved to iPhone and Samsung.. so they never really got to experience Blackberry's premium offerings.
    I also jumped from BlackBerry to Samsung, because initially I thought the 9900 offered a minimal upgrade over the 8520. (which I now regret).

After some time with a Galaxy S2, I came back to BlackBerry, more specifically to a 9780 because typing on glass made me throw the phone against the walls too many times.

Regarding premium offerings, the 9780 feels amazing put next to a Curve, and undoubtedly it would have not driven away so many people, but there was also the price tag to consider, and the 8520 sold in huge numbers not only here in Europe, but all over the world, including less developed countries with a much lower economical power. What was one device's strong point was also its weakness...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 03:16 PM
    I also jumped from BlackBerry to Samsung, because initially I thought the 9900 offered a minimal upgrade over the 8520. (which I now regret).

After some time with a Galaxy S2, I came back to BlackBerry, more specifically to a 9780 because typing on glass made me throw the phone against the walls too many times.

Regarding premium offerings, the 9780 feels amazing put next to a Curve, and undoubtedly it would have not driven away so many people, but there was also the price tag to consider, and the 8520 sold in huge numbers not only here in Europe, but all over the world, including less developed countries with a much lower economical power. What was one device's strong point was also its weakness...

Posted via CB10
    I also did the jump from BlackBerry to Samsung.. but it wasn't a complete jump.. I still used my Bold 9780 until the battery died xD..

Typing on glass still gives me a hard time until today, The most inaccurate and annoying way of typing.. Specially when you're doing too many things.

Indeed the 8520 was quite the seller, and yes specially in developing countries.. It was a great device for Sales, but giving it up was so easy.. Back then My friends (The ones with 8520) started calling BlackBerry phones, Stupid phones not smartphones after they gave up the curve for a Samsung.. While I just couldn't give up my 9780, I continued to use it even more than my Note II.. which was back then a revolution in Smartphones.. Same thing for my friends who had a torch or Bold, they continued to use it for quite a while even when Samsung became mainstream.
    06-24-16 03:27 PM
    Have you seen my Gold 9780? Its white but I sometimes put the gold chassis on it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I have not. I bet it's gorgeous. My 9780 was a tank. I still have it (2nd keyboard, 3rd battery and 2nd screen cover) since it was in service for about 5 years plus. But NOT white. I've grown very fond of white phones. With gold trim, they must look great. I really wish my Z30 was white. If it was, I'd probably use it as my primary on the personal line. The 9900 stays put on the business line.
    06-24-16 03:28 PM
    Welcome! How long as it been in continuous service?

almost a year
    06-24-16 04:03 PM
    I have not. I bet it's gorgeous. My 9780 was a tank. I still have it (2nd keyboard, 3rd battery and 2nd screen cover) since it was in service for about 5 years plus. But NOT white. I've grown very fond of white phones. With gold trim, they must look great. I really wish my Z30 was white. If it was, I'd probably use it as my primary on the personal line. The 9900 stays put on the business line.
    I tink we might have talked about it in the 9780 Forum some months ago

06-24-16 04:48 PM
    I also did the jump from BlackBerry to Samsung.. but it wasn't a complete jump.. I still used my Bold 9780 until the battery died xD..

Typing on glass still gives me a hard time until today, The most inaccurate and annoying way of typing.. Specially when you're doing too many things.

Indeed the 8520 was quite the seller, and yes specially in developing countries.. It was a great device for Sales, but giving it up was so easy.. Back then My friends (The ones with 8520) started calling BlackBerry phones, Stupid phones not smartphones after they gave up the curve for a Samsung.. While I just couldn't give up my 9780, I continued to use it even more than my Note II.. which was back then a revolution in Smartphones.. Same thing for my friends who had a torch or Bold, they continued to use it for quite a while even when Samsung became mainstream.
    I remember my friend had an 8520 and i had a new 9700 and mine was always faster, even my 9000 was faster than the 8520 and didn't present itself with all the problems, i get that it was popular but i think it left some lasting damage to the blackberry brand as always having lagging issues and slow speeds, BlackBerry should have given it a higher processor, nobody is nostalgic for the 8520 because we all know how technologically weak it is. The 9900 is just so good and i've come from the Q10 a full three years usage and i really regret ever buying the Q10, the monthly plan was so expensive and lasted 2 years not to mention i always had to focus harder when copying and pasting and using documents to go.

06-24-16 04:52 PM
    Haha we should revitalize the 9780 forum, we both have one still. Funny thing is at one point I had 4 batteries for my 9780 and the only one that still works is the original from 2011!!! I had other new BLackberry brand batteries and they either developed swelling or just never held a charge.

06-24-16 04:59 PM
    Mainstream audience (imo) will eat whatever you give them. If you make them believe that they want something, they will want it. If Apple manages to sell 16gb iPhones in 2016, I'm hopeful that Blackberry could pull it off. It still is a recognizable brand, they just need to make themselves better known in the mainstream audience.
    I lean towards this ideology as well. Look at how the Moto RAZR has been popping up and getting "trendy" again in various tech articles. Look what happened in this thread, people are researching and buying 9900's. I think we are seeing a point in mobile history when people are literally getting bored or too "familiar" with their glass slabbed iphone or android and everything retro becomes popular again. Getting away from so many apps and notifications so they can live a life again. I think Blackberry can cash in on this. After all these are the types of devices that made them great and people long for things they had, because they liked using them. Everything old becomes new again. Look at te success of the new retro-styled Mustangs and Dodge Challenger. The Challenger is a 1970 E-body design and even my mom recognized it as "is that an old car?"

I think the idea could be the same as what they are doing with these retro designes.....namely......keep the style SIMILAR or the SAME and improve the guts of it. Fuel injection replaced the carb, electronics replaced mechanical components (for certain parts) etc etc. So put better updated specs into a "new" 9900, make the processor faster than an iphone, make apps available, and people will buy one BUT the issue is if Blackberry should stick with Android or not, if this were to come to light.

Of course we are just spitballing here

anon(4193265) likes this.
    06-24-16 05:17 PM
    When the BB7 phones came out, I got the Torch 9810 instead of the 9900, as I always had a love of slider phones (yes, I have a Priv) Finally got my hands on a 9900 in November of last year, for a fast $30. Now I pretty much wish I had gotten it when they first came out instead, though I never had a problem with my 9810. Sold the 9900 for $50 last month (I have a bad habit of swapping phones too often).
    06-24-16 07:23 PM
    When the BB7 phones came out, I got the Torch 9810 instead of the 9900, as I always had a love of slider phones (yes, I have a Priv) Finally got my hands on a 9900 in November of last year, for a fast $30. Now I pretty much wish I had gotten it when they first came out instead, though I never had a problem with my 9810. Sold the 9900 for $50 last month (I have a bad habit of swapping phones too often).
    At least you made some profit on the 9900 but that $30 was an amazing deal. What was your experience with it? Any standouts, good or bad?

06-24-16 07:28 PM
    The 9900 is the iconic BlackBerry so it would be great to have an up to date Android version with great specs. The key for me would be to use the actual 9900 keypad and Track pad. Device would be A tad taller is all. They should hire back the main 9900 designer.
    I see absolutely no chance for any phone that does not offer Android..
    06-24-16 08:03 PM
    That's MY story, too! -- with the only difference being I ditched the Sammy SII for a 9900. That Sammy vkb was driving my blood pressure through the ceiling and making my hair fall out and my eyes bulge!

No blinking message light! No permissions control! Can't communicate! Gaaahh!

Angry with myself for being seduced by a bright, shiny AMOLED screen, I went Back to Black and used that Bold until the Z10 came out. The BlackBerry 10 take on a vkb was fabulous, and I loved that phone -- but here I am, back with two pkb devices, one of which is a newer 9900.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    06-24-16 09:15 PM
    Whoa! Nice collection!!!! The box is massive on the Porsche Design.

Great box, justifies the Price.
    That's a great pic.. You should try it again because it was a little messy xD.. Great lineup though..
    The night I received the 9981 i noticed the Arabic symbols on the keyboard. Yes it took me that long to notice it. The Amazon ad said English keyboard so I am trying to return it.

This post covers my latest experience with LogicMail: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...l#post12438774

This one explains how I'm using it now, with my outlook.com and yahoo mail accounts: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...l#post12441092
    Thanks I will work on that right now.

I appreciate your help.

Dean

I assume you can only have one email account?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-25-16 at 09:02 AM.
    06-24-16 09:52 PM
    The night I received the 9981 i noticed the Arabic symbols on the keyboard. Yes it took me that long to notice it. The Amazon ad said English keyboard so I am trying to return it to a "Muslim" seller in LA. LOL
    I would've told you to buy a new keyboard but I don't know how that works with the P'9881.. You might want to speak to Porsche's customer service or something xP
    06-24-16 10:02 PM
    No no please! Don't ruin the 9900 with Android! Half the allure is OS7 itself, not just the physical handset design.
    I would take a new 9900, even at the same specs if they could just update the browser and shove in the Q10 camera. Leave it with OS 7.x (where x > 1)
    06-24-16 11:08 PM
    No. You can have multiple accounts.
    06-25-16 02:12 AM
    I'm wondering. How easy would it be for Blackberry to create an Android skin that looks like OS 7.
    06-25-16 04:06 AM
    I would've told you to buy a new keyboard but I don't know how that works with the P'9881.. You might want to speak to Porsche's customer service or something xP
    I sent him an email saying if he would refund me $100 I would replace the keyboard and keep the phone. New keyboards are $50+. He refused my offer a so I bought another.

I forgot how fast the 9900 is. As other have said you can one hand it anywhere. Nothing like the 9900 only thing better is his brother.
    06-25-16 08:20 AM
    No. You can have multiple accounts.
    Did not see a way of adding.

BTW was pretty easy to set up for GoDaddy accounts:

pop.secureserver.net

smptout.secureserver.net
    06-25-16 08:23 AM
    The night I received the 9981 i noticed the Arabic symbols on the keyboard. Yes it took me that long to notice it. The Amazon ad said English keyboard so I am trying to return it to a "Muslim" seller in LA. LOL

Thanks I will work on that right now.

I appreciate your help.

Dean

Give it to me, i want the arabic keyboard so much haha, It is an english keyboard just when you chose the arabic language input you can use the arabic letters on the keyboard, if you can't type on the phone using english then you need to add the english language support, you can do this by connecting the phone to the desktop and using BlackBerry Desktop to install the english language support, i wish they had made a keyboard with the special turkish letters. If i need to replace the keyboard on my 9900 i'm definitely buying an arabic keyboard to replace it.

Mr4aces likes this.
    06-25-16 08:32 AM
    Has anyone every noticed that when you have the lock screen on the Q10 that if you hit the keyboard and the screen but not unlock the screen that the screen unlocks? this was always a problem for me if i was carrying something it would hit off the keyboard and turn the screen on and start taking pictures with the camera, now with the 9900 it doesn't do that,it never unlocks if i hit off the keyboard and i love it. I feel it's the small things that really count sometimes.

Mr4aces likes this.
    06-25-16 08:38 AM
    Did not see a way of adding.

BTW was pretty easy to set up for GoDaddy accounts:

pop.secureserver.net

smptout.secureserver.net
    Thanks! I'll add that to the table.

To add another account, when you're on the main screen, press the BlackBerry button. Select configuration.

Then hover over (or highlight) your account (under the accounts header), but don't select it. Press the BlackBerry button. You should see the 'new account wizard' as an option.

You know the rest.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-25-16 09:47 AM
8,754 ... 5859606162 ...