lets try this pic again....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Its a curve 9320.
    06-23-16 11:52 PM
    I switched to Consumer Cellular 3 days ago. I haven't been able to get Oper Mini to work nor my Godaddy emails. But I'm ok with only having phone service and text on this phone. Browser only works when on WiFi. The battery last all day when it is not using data.

ATT Line 1) Priv and switching with Classic

Consumer Cellular Line 2) 9900 with an occasional SIM switch to 9981
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-20160623_213121.jpg

PIN 2COF829A
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    06-24-16 12:01 AM
    I switched to Consumer Cellular 3 days ago. I haven't been able to get Oper Mini to work nor my Godaddy emails. But I'm ok with only having phone service and text on this phone. Browser only works when on WiFi.

Consumer Cellular Line 2) 9900 on the CC with an occasional SIM switch to 9981
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160623_213121.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	402783

PIN 2COF829A
    That's a great pic.. You should try it again because it was a little messy xD.. Great lineup though..
    06-24-16 12:04 AM
    That's a great pic.. You should try it again because it was a little messy xD.. Great lineup though..
    Ha! Taken with my wife's LG Vista 2 POS

PIN 2COF829A
    06-24-16 12:07 AM
    Ha! Taken with my wife's LG Vista 2 POS

PIN 2COF829A
    There is some sort of flash on the Priv.. and I feel its not showing the Phones' features.
    06-24-16 12:10 AM
    Whoa! Nice collection!!!! The box is massive on the Porsche Design.

06-24-16 12:11 AM
    Great box, justifies the Price.
    06-24-16 12:16 AM
    Did some spec reading on that 9320, not much to brag about. It's a year newer than the 9900 but we got the PowerHouse in comparison. Of course I realize te Curve is the more "budget" device.

06-24-16 12:16 AM
    Did some spec reading on that 9320, not much to brag about. It's a year newer than the 9900 but we got the PowerHouse in comparison. Of course I realize te Curve is the more "budget" device.

They spammed the masses with several OS7 curves in a short period of time, you can't tell which is which.. The 8520 was like a viral disease back in the golden days.. I hate the Curve lineup though.. It was a disgrace to BlackBerry.. Something like a BlackBerry Chinese knockoff.. Although they were very popular, I'm grateful we don't see them today.
    06-24-16 12:23 AM
    So I guess I'll stick to the regular FB app. I might give web based gmail another go (not that I have an option unfortunately). As for the soccer app I'll try harder on the app world . Oh btw, the picture didn't upload. Thanks for the reply
    You might want to go to App World and scroll on the carosel all the way to the right and check out the new "Football" category.

anon(4193265) likes this.
    06-24-16 02:44 AM
    They spammed the masses with several OS7 curves in a short period of time, you can't tell which is which.. The 8520 was like a viral disease back in the golden days.. I hate the Curve lineup though.. It was a disgrace to BlackBerry.. Something like a BlackBerry Chinese knockoff.. Although they were very popular, I'm grateful we don't see them today.
    I doubt the 8520 would barelyy have enough processing power to open a Facebook page today, but no doubt they introduced a LOT of people to Blackberries.

06-24-16 04:30 AM
    I figured it would be redundant to start a new thread on this, so I'll post here.

A few minutes ago, I just bought 2 9900s, so with the one that my gf is using, we'll have three. Obviously, there was no real argument standing for the "need" of my purchase, but hey, it was a good price (2x15 Pounds). Both units have cracked glass, but an lcd can be found at as low as 10 Pounds online, so no sweat there, I'll just replace them when I need to. I'm very excited and I'll post some pics when I get them, as well as when I'm through with fixing them.

I spotted some great deals for Q10s, but for some reason, I never liked that phone, but I love the 9900. Strange? ))
    anon(6038817) and Mr4aces like this.
    06-24-16 04:55 AM
    The 8520 was like a viral disease back in the golden days.. I hate the Curve lineup though.. It was a disgrace to BlackBerry.. Something like a BlackBerry Chinese knockoff.. Although they were very popular, I'm grateful we don't see them today.
    Well, an 8520 introduced me to BlackBerry and I loved that phone. On BIS, it did a good job, even if you had to have a bit of patience with it, but I was coming from Symbian and WM 6.1, so the experience was superior. Of course, now, that phone's performance would be hard to accept, but I like to look back with fondness, not hold a grudge against a 500Mhz powered device
    06-24-16 05:00 AM
    Yeah the 8520 was a viral disease and the phone had such a low Ghz processor and worked really slow and badly that people thought all blackberry's were this way and were so quick to dump the 8520 and jump to iPhones.

Sairos likes this.
    06-24-16 06:25 AM
    I figured it would be redundant to start a new thread on this, so I'll post here.

A few minutes ago, I just bought 2 9900s, so with the one that my gf is using, we'll have three. Obviously, there was no real argument standing for the "need" of my purchase, but hey, it was a good price (2x15 Pounds). Both units have cracked glass, but an lcd can be found at as low as 10 Pounds online, so no sweat there, I'll just replace them when I need to. I'm very excited and I'll post some pics when I get them, as well as when I'm through with fixing them.

I spotted some great deals for Q10s, but for some reason, I never liked that phone, but I love the 9900. Strange? ))
    Not "strange" at all, as long as you knew they had broken screens when you bought them

Sometimes I wish the Q10 specs were in the 9900, but do we really need those specs if we are not pushing Android.....etc.......The 99 does seem fast enough, at least on my H+.

ps: of course you can start a new thread for anything you want lol, any new interest in this device has made this forum more interesting and fun, not that it wasn't these things before imo, but because we like the model.

06-24-16 07:20 AM
    Can anyone that uses Canadian Amazon explain why the 9780 just jumped over $120 in price?? I'm pretty sure they were cheaper than this when I last looked.

06-24-16 07:33 AM
    major price jump

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    06-24-16 07:34 AM

I do like the keyboard, toolbelt, and overall form factor of the 9900 over the Q10. But the Q10 is still an excellent device and the software alone is what makes it more appealing to me right now. I need fully supported email, contact, and calendar integration across multiple accounts without time-consuming work-arounds. And there are other BB10 features I really enjoy. A nicer camera with auto-focus is a nice bonus.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    06-24-16 08:37 AM
    Can anyone that uses Canadian Amazon explain why the 9780 just jumped over $120 in price?? I'm pretty sure they were cheaper than this when I last looked.

I guess the most likely possibilities are that the cheap ones sold or were removed by the seller.
    06-24-16 10:12 AM
    I switched to Consumer Cellular 3 days ago. I haven't been able to get Oper Mini to work nor my Godaddy emails. But I'm ok with only having phone service and text on this phone. Browser only works when on WiFi. The battery last all day when it is not using data.

Consumer Cellular Line 2) 9900 with an occasional SIM switch to 9981
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160623_213121.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	402783

PIN 2COF829A
    This post covers my latest experience with LogicMail: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...l#post12438774

This one explains how I'm using it now, with my outlook.com and yahoo mail accounts: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...l#post12441092
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-24-16 10:16 AM
    I do like the keyboard, toolbelt, and overall form factor of the 9900 over the Q10. But the Q10 is still an excellent device and the software alone is what makes it more appealing to me right now. I need fully supported email, contact, and calendar integration across multiple accounts without time-consuming work-arounds. And there are other BB10 features I really enjoy. A nicer camera with auto-focus is a nice bonus.

Well, to be honest, the first time I touched a Q10, shortly after launch, it seemed to have a much cheaper feel to it than the 9900, so that was the main reason why I didn't get one. I found several units below 70 Pounds while browsing eBay UK, but even if I was prepared to spend some money, I decided to go for the two Bolds rather than get a decent looking Q10.

Just like the Passport Silver Edition, I am just not attracted to certain phones. In the case of the (original) Passport, I loved its "in your face" raw, right angle corners look, because it was unlike anything I've ever seen.

To give a reply to another of your observations, indeed, the Bold is a great device, but I wouldn't use it as my main phone. It has its appeal and charm, I would say, but it's a bit too limited to be used without BIS (and I have no desire to pay extra since I always have my Passport with a data plan with me).

To conclude, I would get a Classic in lieu of a Q10, though, as the device, with the toolbelt and the larger screen, seems to have a much more pleasant look than the Q, especially in white or blue. I recently spotted a great deal for a blue one for close to 180 Euros, but I decided to pass. The next day, however, I woke up determined to get it, and surprise, madafaka!, the phone was sold. Maybe next time I'll act faster

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 11:16 AM
    Ι οnly wish they could make a device exactly the same as the 9900, with up to date specs, better camera, front facing as well, better battery and a better tweaked os. I really love how the os is so smooth 5 years after the release of the device. Don't think a lot of phones run as good 5 years later. The form factor, build quality and design (Dat glowing trackpad) are so amazing. I don't really consider the Classic or Q10 as a replacement to the Bold. If only we could get a 2.0 Bold 9900 in 2016, with a competitive price and aggressive marketing to attract mainstream audience. I'd be on it in a heartbeat.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-24-16 12:22 PM
    Well, an 8520 introduced me to BlackBerry and I loved that phone. On BIS, it did a good job, even if you had to have a bit of patience with it, but I was coming from Symbian and WM 6.1, so the experience was superior. Of course, now, that phone's performance would be hard to accept, but I like to look back with fondness, not hold a grudge against a 500Mhz powered device
    Yes I understand, I came from Symbian to a Bold 9780, The experience was great too.. but the thing is, I knew a lot of people who had it, dumped it and then moved to iPhone and Samsung.. so they never really got to experience Blackberry's premium offerings.
    06-24-16 12:43 PM
    Ι οnly wish they could make a device exactly the same as the 9900, with up to date specs, better camera, front facing as well, better battery and a better tweaked os.
    I only wish phones were like cars and you can customize them to your liking.. I would have installed a new AMOLED screen on a Bold 9780.. Installed a new 2GB RAM.. The Battery would've been a problem because of the size, but anyway it would've been good xD..
    06-24-16 12:47 PM
    Ι οnly wish they could make a device exactly the same as the 9900, with up to date specs, better camera, front facing as well, better battery and a better tweaked os. I really love how the os is so smooth 5 years after the release of the device. Don't think a lot of phones run as good 5 years later. The form factor, build quality and design (Dat glowing trackpad) are so amazing. I don't really consider the Classic or Q10 as a replacement to the Bold. If only we could get a 2.0 Bold 9900 in 2016, with a competitive price and aggressive marketing to attract mainstream audience. I'd be on it in a heartbeat.
    It wouldn't attract a mainstream audience, but I'd buy one!

06-24-16 01:05 PM
8,754 ... 5758596061 ...