Usee an itouch or 2nd phone for social media. I like the separation
    Ι already have a main phone. A pretty good one actually. Social media apps on the Bold are "fine".
    06-22-16 01:42 PM

Man that can't be cheap going totally off-grid.
    Not cheap but not nearly as bad as it could be... Thanks to ebay & diy...
    06-22-16 03:18 PM

We have a power outage here 2 days ago, city-wide, and don't worry I made SURE to rub it into my iphone buddies that if it is an extended outage, I have 4 batteries and I could go at least 4 days It was fun until one reminded me he can plug into his car charger BUT he is at the mercy of leaving his iphone in the car.
    Once again, the limitations of a wired, "wireless" device. With a spare batt charger, you can leave your 9900's battery charging in the car and keep your phone with you. got one in each of my vehicles.
    06-22-16 03:27 PM
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    anon(4193265) and Ursus Rufus like this.
    06-22-16 04:41 PM
    A buddy today who has a Google Nexus phone was all stoked to show me his new photo editor app tat lets you "Cartoon" yourself or any pic basically. (I know this is nothing new for apps) and he opens the app and a small box pops up on the screen DEMANDING that he purchase the FULL version and that it cannot be used anymore......this after he was allowed to use it for several other pics.

I've never experienced this on ios or Blackberry. When I DL an app I am aware that there may be "in use" purchases but it NEVER jams up the entiredevice like that. And I'm telling you there was NO WAY to close that box. This just reaffirms my reasons for never wanting an Android device, ever. Don't even get me started on Android Malware and the supposed 17% of Android apps that are Malware/Keystroke hackers.

If I ever was FORCED to have any Android device I have heard that a Nexus is the one to have because it is Google's own, and any critical patches or OS updates arrive on these FIRST, or so I have heard on some podcast, I believe it was "Today in ios."

kertong likes this.
    06-22-16 04:51 PM
    If I ever was FORCED to have any Android device I have heard that a Nexus is the one to have because it is Google's own, and any critical patches or OS updates arrive on these FIRST, or so I have heard on some podcast, I believe it was "Today in ios."
    This is actually the problem with Android.. Nexus is good because its the basic android experience and the first one to get hit by updates.. but I think its lacking in terms of design.. The thing with Android is that the android experience differs on every phone.. It depends largely on the phone maker.. The OS will feel quite different on every Android device because of the UI and other elements.. Samsung is by far the worst because of all the Bloatware and their stupid UI (I Own one xD)..

If you're forced to buy an android device, Go for the Rome.. You're into the Bold lineup so the Priv won't suit you.. But BlackBerry is doing a pretty good job with android..
    06-22-16 05:55 PM
    Does anyone have the wallpaper bellow? I think its only available on the 9930 Verizon Bold. Cant extract it, but a screenshot of the wallpaper like the picture bellow would be appreciated.

Attachment 402654
    Ask and ye shall receive. Rogers carrier wallpaper (no logo) | CrackBerry.com
    anon(4193265) likes this.
    06-22-16 06:33 PM
    [QUOTE=danfrancisco;12437088]Just dug this little beauty out of my Box 'o BlackBerrys! What a gorgeous little thing! I am amazed at how tiny it feels in my hands! When I first got it, it felt gigantic compared to the 9780 it replaced at the time!

Attachment 400095

I just LOVE the feel in my hand of this wonderful device. Use it when we travel. Still fabulous and I miss that touch pad/mouse
    06-22-16 06:36 PM
    This is actually the problem with Android.. Nexus is good because its the basic android experience and the first one to get hit by updates.. but I think its lacking in terms of design.. The thing with Android is that the android experience differs on every phone.. It depends largely on the phone maker.. The OS will feel quite different on every Android device because of the UI and other elements.. Samsung is by far the worst because of all the Bloatware and their stupid UI (I Own one xD)..
    Yup, I just don't think I could put up with popups like that. Even if my friend with the Nexus wanted to buy the full version of the app (as the box suggested) we saw no way to do it.

06-22-16 08:05 PM
    [QUOTE=Gazza12;12479272]
    Just dug this little beauty out of my Box 'o BlackBerrys! What a gorgeous little thing! I am amazed at how tiny it feels in my hands! When I first got it, it felt gigantic compared to the 9780 it replaced at the time!

Attachment 400095

I just LOVE the feel in my hand of this wonderful device. Use it when we travel. Still fabulous and I miss that touch pad/mouse
    Hey I think we talked a month ago when this thread was new, I remember this pic. Fire that baby up and pop a sim into it, or weren't you having an issue with a battery or something???

06-22-16 08:07 PM
    I still use my 9900 on my business line on ATT. Someone mentioned on CB that a 9900 looks great with a suit. It does. But apart form that, it still functions great for me as a business tool. I also still use it Bridged to a Playbook. It's nice doing emails and texts via the Playbook's larger screen. I have both sitting on my desk in their charging cradles. What's not to like? If your mission is to run a business and communicate with TEXT, Email and some basic social media, this phone still rocks.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-munch_2016_06_22_211018.png

06-22-16 08:41 PM

If you're forced to buy an android device, Go for the Rome.. You're into the Bold lineup so the Priv won't suit you.. But BlackBerry is doing a pretty good job with android..
    Android is good. It all depends on what you want from your phone. If you want apps and excellent hardware, you could do worse. I have an LG G2 and the camera puts my BlackBerry phones to shame. It also has every app you could want. But that's not what I want to carry every day.

Last week, I decided to get off the grid a little more. It started with a comment about deleting Tapatalk from my phone. So I tried to go back to my old flip phone (a Nokia Fold 6600). It's a beautiful old device, but I just HATE T9 now. So I retrieved my bold and deleted almost all of the apps, with the exception of LogicMail. I can call, text, and check my email. If I want to go online, I have to get on the laptop, and I'm pretty happy with it this way.

If I can stick to this, I'll keep my Q10 for the day when 3G ends, my Pre3 just because, and have an eBay yard sale for everything else.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    06-22-16 09:19 PM
    So I was walking by the park tonite and they were launching the hotair balloons, I filmed it all for Youtube on my 9900 and I asked a girl beside me (about 20) if I could film her cat in some of the video. She had this look of bafflement as she was staring at my phone and I think she was trying to figure out what it was haha. I suddenly DID feel old She had an android glass device of some sort.

I sure wish I had the ZOOM feature on video that later 0S7.1 updates had but at least the video comes out razer sharp!

06-22-16 09:46 PM
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    anon(8063781) and Wmsi like this.
    06-22-16 09:51 PM
    She had this look of bafflement as she was staring at my phone and I think she was trying to figure out what it was haha. I suddenly DID feel old Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    She was probably baffled because you asked whether you could video her cat. Do people still ask? :P
    06-22-16 10:01 PM
    Android is good. It all depends on what you want from your phone. If you want apps and excellent hardware, you could do worse. I have an LG G2 and the camera puts my BlackBerry phones to shame. It also has every app you could want. But that's not what I want to carry every day.

Last week, I decided to get off the grid a little more. It started with a comment about deleting Tapatalk from my phone. So I tried to go back to my old flip phone (a Nokia Fold 6600). It's a beautiful old device, but I just HATE T9 now. So I retrieved my bold and deleted almost all of the apps, with the exception of LogicMail. I can call, text, and check my email. If I want to go online, I have to get on the laptop, and I'm pretty happy with it this way.

If I can stick to this, I'll keep my Q10 for the day when 3G ends, my Pre3 just because, and have an eBay yard sale for everything else.
    yeah sometimes you just get tired of all of this.. You decide to go Back to basics.. I've an affection for Nokia Phones too.. I was a Nokia user back in their Golden days.. Great looking phones.. Specially the N Series and some devices from of the E series.. Doing things from your laptop is much better and faster anyway..
    06-22-16 10:21 PM
    She was probably baffled because you asked whether you could video her cat. Do people still ask? :P
    The cat LIKING me proved I wasn't some sort of creeper, it was a good test

06-23-16 02:25 AM
    I had a Nokia C3, I don't really miss it because I discovered Blackberry when the Nokia died 7 months later from LimeWire viruses and the 800 songs I had on it. RIP

06-23-16 02:26 AM

Man I could never go totally back to something like my flip Razr2, there is just no way. I have to at least have wifi, FB, Twitter, whatsapp at the very least. I can do without the Tinder and other time wasting apps though. Oh and email, essential.

06-23-16 02:31 AM
    OK with me reading through 150 replies. How do I get the 9900 to work on consumer cellular?

I tried opera mini don't work
    06-23-16 06:46 AM
    Android is good. It all depends on what you want from your phone. If you want apps and excellent hardware, you could do worse. I have an LG G2 and the camera puts my BlackBerry phones to shame. It also has every app you could want. But that's not
    Agreed, nothing wrong with Android ... if that's what you want. I have a Wileyfox Swift (runs Cyanogen) and it acts as a mini-tablet for home use, running of WiFi. Great selection of apps, a much better camera than my 9900 and is mostly used to consume media; music from Amazon Prime and to cast BBC iPlayer and other TV content via Chrome Cast. This all works really well, it's great - BUT I just hate typing on it and I've tried a wide variety of touchscreen keypads, including BlackBerry's. I have only ever used it with sim as a 'mobile' for one weekend ... which was far too long
    Out and about, on the road, on the train, at work etc. I don't want to be distracted by fancy apps and endless notifications. Emails, SMS and phone calls are what I need, so the Bold 9900 remains my 'mobile' smartphone of choice, it just does all the things that I need (most often) really well – and it remains my communication workhorse
    06-23-16 07:50 AM
    The cat LIKING me proved I wasn't some sort of creeper, it was a good test

I'm still trying to understand why people take their cats to hot air balloon events. Was the cat on a leash?!

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    06-23-16 07:50 AM
    Do people still ask? :P
    HAAAAHAHAHA only funny 'cuz it's true..!

06-23-16 07:52 AM
    Agreed, nothing wrong with Android ... if that's what you want. I have a Wileyfox Swift (runs Cyanogen) and it acts as a mini-tablet for home use, running of WiFi. Great selection of apps, a much better camera than my 9900 and is mostly used to consume media; music from Amazon Prime and to cast BBC iPlayer and other TV content via Chrome Cast. This all works really well, it's great - BUT I just hate typing on it and I've tried a wide variety of touchscreen keypads, including BlackBerry's. I have only ever used it with sim as a 'mobile' for one weekend ... which was far too long
    Out and about, on the road, on the train, at work etc. I don't want to be distracted by fancy apps and endless notifications. Emails, SMS and phone calls are what I need, so the Bold 9900 remains my 'mobile' smartphone of choice, it just does all the things that I need (most often) really well � and it remains my communication workhorse
    I've been tempted to give my 9930 another try, but lack of full email and calendar integration with my work and personal accounts is what made me abandon my recent attempt after 2 weeks.

My daily is currently a Moto G 2nd Gen running Cyanogenmod 13 but it has quirks of its own (it's randomly rebooted on me a couple times in the last couple weeks, for example), and try as I might the virtual keyboard still frustrates me.

I've been trying really hard to just stick with the G. I have all the apps I could ever want and it's been a great phone overall...but it may not be enough.

Thinking about giving my Q10 another go. The keyboard isn't quite as good as the 99XX and no trackpad, but it has the email and calendar support I need and more apps than the Bold, especially if I take advantage of the Android runtime.

I'm hopeless, haha.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    06-23-16 08:00 AM
    Does anyone have the wallpaper bellow? I think its only available on the 9930 Verizon Bold. Cant extract it, but a screenshot of the wallpaper like the picture bellow would be appreciated.

Attachment 402654
    Mine came with this also except it was Black and had the network logo Vodafone (the gsm Verizon of europe) in red written across the wallpaper, i wonder if it came in other color variants?

06-23-16 09:09 AM
8,754 ... 5556575859 ...