Hm. Got surprised there a bit. I saw this thread and it said that WhatsApp worked without bis.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/

Plus from what I recall when I had the 9900, I remember using it without a BIS plan. Weird.
    I haven't used Whatsapp for quite a while, but it used to work without BIS.
    anon(4193265) likes this.
    06-20-16 07:53 PM
    I am not sure who your carrier is in Greece but whenever I have traveled there to visit family it was always a little bit of an ordeal to get BIS set up.

One summer I had an issue with my 9900 getting hooked up with Cosmote since the people working at the Germanos store had no idea about BIS. They finally call tech support and got it figured out.

Other times when I tried to get my unlocked BB10 devices set up with pre-paid cards all worked nice and easy. It didn't hurt that the Greek girl helping me all the times was an absolute stunner in the looks department. Ahhhh Greek girls........

Good luck with your 9900! Fantastic little device!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah Cosmote and Germanos are a bit useless. Unfortunately, Cosmote, is the best carrier when it comes to plans. (They are extremely horrible and expensive compared to other countries though). Vodafone Greece has better support for BIS, but I'm not willing to change carriers.

Thanks mate! Really looking forward to it!
    06-21-16 03:17 AM
    Hello there,
    i used the sheets on my Q10 before, you have to type in that long box beside the FX when you press on it i assume that the screen keyboard will pop up so you can type what you need to into the box and it will show up in the row you want.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I know that, I can put the formula in that long box beside the FX. But the problem is that, I don't know all of the funtction in excel. I mean it doesn't work, just like in excel on Android(just click on FX and the list of functions appear) or in our BB 9900 - hit INSERT ->FUNCTION and there I have a list with all the function. Here in BB10 I have to insert function from my head manually.
    06-21-16 03:38 AM
    The spreadsheet functions in BB10 are substantially limited compared with BB OS7 and the 9900. I could never workout how to easily insert a row on my Q10, and as for trying to select cells, cut & paste etc. with the touchscreen .... drove me mad ... just another of the many reasons I'm back with my Bold
    06-21-16 03:46 AM
    The spreadsheet functions in BB10 are substantially limited compared with BB OS7 and the 9900. I could never workout how to easily insert a row on my Q10, and as for trying to select cells, cut & paste etc. with the touchscreen .... drove me mad ... just another of the many reasons I'm back with my Bold
    Yes, this is one of the reasons i'm back to my 9900, i spent 3 years suffering the documents to go on BB10, now it's much easier to get things done on the 9900, I can see why companies still choose the 9900 over BB10.

mushroom_daddy likes this.
    06-21-16 06:41 AM
    hey guys. i dont know about you but for the past couple weeks I have been looking at my iphone 6 and im pretty unsatisfied with the device. Its too large to use comfortably in one hand (i dont have small hands either) and as i grow older I realize how pointless all these social media sites are. So all i have been basically using my iphone 6 just for texting and calling with some browsing from time to time. A couple days ago, I saw a picture online of a blackberry and I wondered how much those still go for. I remember having the largest crush on the Blackberry Bold 9900 when it came out. During that time I was still using an blackberry pearl 8120. Unfortunately, I believe the bold cost around $600 off contract and being 14 at the time, I could not afford it. I chose to go the iphone route that year and i scored an iphone 4 for around $280 unlocked.

However, I never stopped being fond of the blackberry. So a few days ago, I hopped online to check prices for a bold 9900. I was expecting somewhere around $200 range. But to my surprise, I saw them going for around $50-100. As one of the last and in my opinion best blackberry ever produced, I am determined to get one. Today, I stumbled upon this forum and I cant believe the amount of people doing the same so many years after the device launched (great minds think alike? haha).

I do have a couple of questions. I currently have an iphone 6 with tmobile as my carrier. I know everything about unlocking blackberries but is there a specific blackberry I should get? Like only the tmobile version 9900 or will the att version work as well? Does the verizon version have a sim card and would my tmobile sim work? I am on a prepaid plan (i dont think it has BIS) what features will i miss out on? Also, I see some people selling on ebay brand new blackberry bold 9900 for around $80-100 but I already talked to a guy from craigslist that will sell me his used bold 9900 (ATT) for $40. The phone looks fine so should I go with the craigslist guy? or be safe and buy new from ebay? What did you guys do?

Anyway thanks for all the help. I soon hope to have a bold 9900 soon and be a part of this group haha.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-21-16 01:04 PM
    hey guys. i dont know about you but for the past couple weeks I have been looking at my iphone 6 and im pretty unsatisfied with the device. Its too large to use comfortably in one hand (i dont have small hands either) and as i grow older I realize how pointless all these social media sites are. So all i have been basically using my iphone 6 just for texting and calling with some browsing from time to time. A couple days ago, I saw a picture online of a blackberry and I wondered how much those still go for. I remember having the largest crush on the Blackberry Bold 9900 when it came out. During that time I was still using an blackberry pearl 8120. Unfortunately, I believe the bold cost around $600 off contract and being 14 at the time, I could not afford it. I chose to go the iphone route that year and i scored an iphone 4 for around $280 unlocked.

However, I never stopped being fond of the blackberry. So a few days ago, I hopped online to check prices for a bold 9900. I was expecting somewhere around $200 range. But to my surprise, I saw them going for around $50-100. As one of the last and in my opinion best blackberry ever produced, I am determined to get one. Today, I stumbled upon this forum and I cant believe the amount of people doing the same so many years after the device launched (great minds think alike? haha).

I do have a couple of questions. I currently have an iphone 6 with tmobile as my carrier. I know everything about unlocking blackberries but is there a specific blackberry I should get? Like only the tmobile version 9900 or will the att version work as well? Does the verizon version have a sim card and would my tmobile sim work? I am on a prepaid plan (i dont think it has BIS) what features will i miss out on? Also, I see some people selling on ebay brand new blackberry bold 9900 for around $80-100 but I already talked to a guy from craigslist that will sell me his used bold 9900 (ATT) for $40. The phone looks fine so should I go with the craigslist guy? or be safe and buy new from ebay? What did you guys do?

Anyway thanks for all the help. I soon hope to have a bold 9900 soon and be a part of this group haha.
    Hi James, that's quite a testimony and I believe I am in the same boat as you. I am also coming from an iphone but I am into Social Media such as Tumblr, FB, Path,Twitter, IG, etc and it good to know that the 9900 CAN and DOES still handle most of these Media quite well. I will be concerned about Whatsapp later this year but since FB is still working great on 0S7 I have a feeling Whatsapp will keep on rocking into next year, but we will see.

New is always nice and for $80-100 thats still a great price, BUT if there is uncertainty lurking in the back of your mind then you could go for the $40 used one in great condition. I paid twice that for a mint used one and I have no regrets whatsoever.

I too regretted not getting the 9900 in 2011 and did not want to pay the extra $100 to get one so I got a new 9780 that year. NOW I have my dream Blackberry and for your needs I believe that you will be happy with the 9900 as well.

welcome aboard and let us know what happens!

06-21-16 04:53 PM
    Attachment 402558

Hey Steve, I know that you are good in excel on your BlackBerry 9900. Also know that you have BlackBerry 10 phones. My question is about using(inserting) functions in Docs to go in BB10 device. I have no idea how I can use function in Sheets in Docs to go. In my Bold 9900 it's easy - just BB symbol and there was option "insert function". but here on my Z30 I can't do it... just like on a photo, I can't press fx. Or someone else know how to insert function in Sheets in Docs to go...?

Posted via CB10
    With BB10, the short answer is "you can't get there from here". Lol. Inserting spreadsheet rows, for example, is pretty simple in bbos. The only way I've found to insert a spreadsheet row into BB10 is to select all rows beneath the desired row, cut, move down the desired number of rows, paste and hope your formulas don't get discombobulated. Lol. Ridiculous, imo. Unless there's something I've missed for three years. ??

The best way to insert a row is to FIRST open the spreadsheet in a 9900... then position to desired row with trackpad, bb button, edit, row, insert. SOooo superior to BB10's "Barely Baked" amateurishness.

At least the Classic provides trackpad pointing. Spreadsheets & VKB are utterly miserable, imo. Our 9900s can be faster & easier than a desktop! Microsoft should sell 9900s as a data entry accessory for Excel!! Imo.
    Last edited by idssteve; 06-21-16 at 07:03 PM.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    06-21-16 06:51 PM
    Update: how many batteries do you have? I'm good with 4, one spare in the car.
    06-22-16 12:38 AM
    I've seen it Mint used on ebay, 9/10 condition.. Verzion unlocked.. $50.. Ships from the US.. Tell me if you want a link..
    Last edited by Sairos; 06-22-16 at 02:03 AM.
    06-22-16 01:46 AM
    I like that there are 3 ways to charge this phone. If you have a loose USB connection, its no problem.

idssteve likes this.
    06-22-16 04:46 AM
    Does anyone have the wallpaper bellow? I think its only available on the 9930 Verizon Bold. Cant extract it, but a screenshot of the wallpaper like the picture bellow would be appreciated.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-34862021_ovr.png
    06-22-16 05:19 AM
    Man I love this phone. Pressing "T" for tasks is making me so efficient in my life.
    06-22-16 06:00 AM
    I like that there are 3 ways to charge this phone. If you have a loose USB connection, its no problem.

Absolutely! Actually, you might count four ways:

1) battery swaps from spare battery charger. Only demands getting near a wall outlet for about 15 seconds per 100% charge! True wireless Freedom!

2). Old fashioned usb port wired from wall outlet. My least favorite. It's been so long since my 99's been "wired" I wouldn't guarantee its USB plug even works! Requires two hands to plug in and is far too reminiscent of antiquated 100+ year old "wired to a wall" landline technology for my tastes. Why "wire" a modern "wireless" device? How truly "modern" are the embedded battery configurations that demand wires to a wall as their ONLY powering option? Of course it's there on our 99s as last ditch backup if needed. If it still works after so many months of non-use... Lol.

3) External battery packs thru USB are handy for prolonging a call without interruption. I carry one when anticipating possible need. The engineer in me cringes at the carbon footprint inefficiency of charging a battery with a battery, tho.

4) Charging contacts! I have charging docs on both sides of the bed (wife carries 9900 also), living room, kitchen, bathroom, cars (SmoothTalker hands free car kits!)... Etc... We have them EVERY where in the office. Most cubicals have an extra doc as a courtesy for visiting coworkers! Single handed simple and they never seem to wear out! AND, unlike QI, they don't heat up!

One way, or another, I carry a 9900 with unequaled confidence that Critical Communications WILL happen. Our 99s are truly Professional Grade handsets!
    experiment 626 likes this.
    06-22-16 06:30 AM
    Absolutely! Actually, you might count four ways:

3) External battery packs thru USB are handy for prolonging a call without interruption. I carry one when anticipating possible need. The engineer in me cringes at the carbon footprint inefficiency of charging a battery with a battery, tho.
    Yup 4 with this one! How could I forget! I've never actually used one of those external power packs myself but

Now....in the voice of Gary Coleman from the immortal movie "Office Space"......

about "wall connected" devices like the old telephones OOooooo yeeeah I'm afraid I'm going to have to kinda go ahead and.......disagree with you on that one you see I think they are very efficient AND they even work during a power outage.....yeeaah.

I remember one time at Future Shop (Now Bestbuy) the power went out and the ONLY device that still worked in the entire store was the $10 cheapie corded phone, they were all joking about it. So this can prove that 99% of the time wireless is great but the old ways MIGHT be better in some situations

06-22-16 08:51 AM
    Does anyone have the wallpaper bellow? I think its only available on the 9930 Verizon Bold. Cant extract it, but a screenshot of the wallpaper like the picture bellow would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34862021_OVR.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	402654
    That's my wallpaper defaulted on mine but it has a "Rogers" script smack dab in the middle of it.

06-22-16 08:52 AM
    Man I love this phone. Pressing "T" for tasks is making me so efficient in my life.
    what screen are you on when you do this? example?

I have to admit I have never done this.

06-22-16 08:53 AM
    That's my wallpaper defaulted on mine but it has a "Rogers" script smack dab in the middle of it.

Would you mind posting a screenshot like the picture above?

I got it today. Missed the form factor and design. It's so beautiful and classy! OS navigation smooth and fast. I have some sort of problems though. Push messages from messenger app don't come. I need to open the app and refresh it to see new messages. How do I solve it? Do I just use the regular Facebook app? Second problem, can't seem to setup gmail using Logicmail. Is there any app alternative? Gmail on browser is slow. Third and last (so far :P ) Is there any soccer live score app? Installed theScore, soccatak and one more but they don't work.

Οn the bright side, browser works without BIS, and without setting up APN settings.
    Last edited by lifeowner771; 06-22-16 at 11:17 AM.
    kertong likes this.
    06-22-16 10:47 AM
    Yup 4 with this one! How could I forget! I've never actually used one of those external power packs myself but

Now....in the voice of Gary Coleman from the immortal movie "Office Space"......

about "wall connected" devices like the old telephones OOooooo yeeeah I'm afraid I'm going to have to kinda go ahead and.......disagree with you on that one you see I think they are very efficient AND they even work during a power outage.....yeeaah.

I remember one time at Future Shop (Now Bestbuy) the power went out and the ONLY device that still worked in the entire store was the $10 cheapie corded phone, they were all joking about it. So this can prove that 99% of the time wireless is great but the old ways MIGHT be better in some situations

Totally agree! Landline wired phone systems typically utilize their own battery banks & generators for backup. Great tech for its intended use. My home has been "off grid" for ten+ yrs but i still gotta landline Crosley Princess at home that was JUST for extended power outages... Back when I had power outages... Lol. Of course the base station of my home's cordless landline phone system is powered with a UPS but long enough power outages would ultimately force fallback onto strictly wired Crosley Princess.

Assuming cell system holds up, I've got enough spare batteries living in spare battery chargers to power my 99 for a couple weeks. Embedded battery stuff will be down & out in a couple days... Despite their wires... Lol.
    06-22-16 11:45 AM

I got it today. Missed the form factor and design. It's so beautiful and classy! OS navigation smooth and fast. I have some sort of problems though. Push messages from messenger app don't come. I need to open the app and refresh it to see new messages. How do I solve it? Do I just use the regular Facebook app? Second problem, can't seem to setup gmail using Logicmail. Is there any app alternative? Gmail on browser is slow. Third and last (so far :P ) Is there any soccer live score app? Installed theScore, soccatak and one more but they don't work.

Οn the bright side, browser works without BIS, and without setting up APN settings.
    "Messenger app?" Are you talking about the Facebook messages? Because even on BIS I don't always see those. I get the notifications there only if I am "ONLINE" while in facebook chat or whatever you want to call it but when I leave the page to use regular Facebook I have to always click "go Online" again. it's spotty at best but at least it works when you go to it manually. Same for regular FB notifications, they sometimes take a while to pop up but sometimes they don't BUT the app itself always functions properly while using it and doing what you want it to. BTW I have tried the FB Messenger app and it didn't work for me, butothers have reported it works ok.

Yes just the regular native FB app is what I use.

There has been much discussion in here about LogicMail, and I'm sure someone who knows where the "how to" link is will hopefully post it.

Here is my screen shot, maybe it is a little different than your pic.....

[IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

06-22-16 11:53 AM

Ican't believe this, I just typed a massive response and it failed because there was some hiccup in my "connection t the internet" so I will hit you back later on that, for now lets test that screenshot.....

[IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

06-22-16 11:56 AM

Ok lets try this again, if you are talking about the regular FB native app then yes, thats what I use. Even with BIS I don't always get FB inbox notifications UNLESS I actually go "ONLINE" in the messenger part of the app. The problem is everytime I leave the messenger aspect of it, I have to click "go ONLINE" everytime. It's not too much of an inconvienience but there it is. I tried the FB "Messenger" app and it didn't work for me, but others said in here that they had good luck with it.

As for the Logic Mail issue there has been discussion on this so I hope someone can post the discussion link from wherever that was.

My Gmail is fast, no complaints.

As for the soccer app I have one on my ipad but what I really want is one that allows us to watch live just like the FIFA app a couple years ago. Haven't looked on the 9900 for this, I wouldn't hold my breath though

06-22-16 12:11 PM
    Totally agree! Landline wired phone systems typically utilize their own battery banks & generators for backup. Great tech for its intended use. My home has been "off grid" for ten+ yrs but i still gotta landline Crosley Princess at home that was JUST for extended power outages... Back when I had power outages... Lol. Of course the base station of my home's cordless landline phone system is powered with a UPS but long enough power outages would ultimately force fallback onto strictly wired Crosley Princess.

Assuming cell system holds up, I've got enough spare batteries living in spare battery chargers to power my 99 for a couple weeks. Embedded battery stuff will be down & out in a couple days... Despite their wires... Lol.
    Man that can't be cheap going totally off-grid. I eard Art Bell talking about this often, but if you can that's totally cool and worth it.

We have a power outage here 2 days ago, city-wide, and don't worry I made SURE to rub it into my iphone buddies that if it is an extended outage, I have 4 batteries and I could go at least 4 days It was fun until one reminded me he can plug into his car charger BUT he is at the mercy of leaving his iphone in the car.

06-22-16 12:16 PM
    Ok lets try this again, if you are talking about the regular FB native app then yes, thats what I use. Even with BIS I don't always get FB inbox notifications UNLESS I actually go "ONLINE" in the messenger part of the app. The problem is everytime I leave the messenger aspect of it, I have to click "go ONLINE" everytime. It's not too much of an inconvienience but there it is. I tried the FB "Messenger" app and it didn't work for me, but others said in here that they had good luck with it.

As for the Logic Mail issue there has been discussion on this so I hope someone can post the discussion link from wherever that was.

My Gmail is fast, no complaints.

As for the soccer app I have one on my ipad but what I really want is one that allows us to watch live just like the FIFA app a couple years ago. Haven't looked on the 9900 for this, I wouldn't hold my breath though

So I guess I'll stick to the regular FB app. I might give web based gmail another go (not that I have an option unfortunately). As for the soccer app I'll try harder on the app world . Oh btw, the picture didn't upload. Thanks for the reply
    06-22-16 12:53 PM
    Usee an itouch or 2nd phone for social media. I like the separation
    06-22-16 01:41 PM
8,754 ... 5455565758 ...