Hi Ralph,

I don't have anything specific on my 9900 but if this is a serious situation as opposed to an annoyance I am sure your carrier should be able to block calls from coming in.

Give them a quick call as it can't hurt. All the best

Posted via CB10
    Annoying Spam, they will call 3 times in a row. The big problem is there are so many Call Blocker apps who knows which one to use. I installed one, then it said I have to upgrade to premium. Got uninstalled quick because I don't mess around.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-17-16 06:09 PM
    ok, gotta ask - any way to turn off the camera shutter sound? super annoying, but clacks loudly even when I have my profile set to silent..
    06-17-16 06:10 PM
    @Steve

I kind of got away from CB cause of the bashing and CEO wannabes.

I like the Priv for the Android apps but after having it since launch I feel I could use it as a tablet with WiFi and no phone service.

I really miss the 9900 as it is so portable and fast. So somehow I'm going to get it to work on CC.

I bought a new chassis and screen for it years ago so I'm going to move the board so it will look new. So nice to see new 9900 still available.

And to think 1-2 years ago the BB10 fans were telling us how BB07 was dead and to "move on". Looks like BB07 might out last BB10.

You are one of the kings of 9900 users for sure.

Again great thread.

You Bold users take care and enjoy the "Legacy"

PIN 2COF829A
    06-17-16 06:14 PM
    ok, gotta ask - any way to turn off the camera shutter sound? super annoying, but clacks loudly even when I have my profile set to silent..
    There are apps for this, but for the scrolling sound or the camera clicking, many people just learn to hold the 9900 with a finger strategically placed over the speaker hole.

kertong and Avenzuno like this.
    06-17-16 06:17 PM
    @9900 all

I noticed when using the Priv there are all sorts of ads. Which doesn't surprise me. But when on the Classic they don't show up.

Do the pop ups �sill" show up on BB07 CB app? Or are you not using the app?
    06-17-16 06:34 PM
    How in the world can they put a ban on devices with batteries? Maybe you mean that they cannot import certain batteries? I mean, everything runs on batteries. Is this some kind of environmental issue with the Irish Government?

As for my Chinese 1500 well mine might be a bad example to gauge a measurement by. I got the battery at Christmas and it was used at the time. Well not "technically" used because the guy that bought it thought it would solve his 9900 issues and it didn't so it just sat for some months. When I got it, it did hold a good charge for a couple months but then started to deteriorate. It now sits in my car in case I am using my famous "red "X" battery that I tried to restore, fails.

There is a lot to explain but the battery I ordered from Amazon only shows a red x if I have to reboot the 99, but otherwise it will run right to empty and get a full day. So I keep the Chinese no name battery in my car in case the red x jams up.

Thank goodness I got the original 2014 battery that came with this 9900 and also the other new JM-1 from Amazon that functions FLAWLESSLY and never fails.

So I have 4 batteries.

This is why I recommend to people ordering a 9900 to get a spare battery or 2 because they might have been sitting in a warehouse for years.

Did blackberry add some extra mah to the 2014 JM-1?
    Ireland has banned all electronic devices with lithium ion batteries, that means we can't import laptops, ipods, phones. I think this is all an EU regulations thing the other countries are following too, i really hope it doesn't get seized because i would love a second battery for this phone, otherwise it's going to be really difficult to get one. I remember getting one of those extended batteries for the Bold 9000 and it gave the phone so much life, i do think that they degrade quicker than the original JM-1 batteries. I saw a JM-1 battery on ebay with the same design as the original but it was 1500mah, i wonder what that is like?

06-17-16 07:22 PM
    I kind of got away from CB cause of the bashing and CEO wannabes.
    I know that was to Steve, but do I ever agree. For a long time now, the BlackBerry 10 forums have been chock-full of passive-aggressive whining about all the changes and uncertainty; there seem to be so many people for whom the only way to deal with the possibility of no more BlackBerry 10 is to act like the whole thing is simply beneath them. >sigh<

Looks like BB07 might out last BB10 ... You Bold users take care and enjoy the "Legacy"
    I sure hope not, but the fate of BlackBerry 10 is certainly out of my hands. In the meanwhile, it sure has been fun to switch back and forth between two phones, both OSs with different things to love about them. Thanks for the good wishes, and I hope you check in often with your experiences.
    06-17-16 07:56 PM
    I know that was to Steve, but do I ever agree. For a long time now, the BlackBerry 10 forums have been chock-full of passive-aggressive whining about all the changes and uncertainty; there seem to be so many people for whom the only way to deal with the possibility of no more BlackBerry 10 is to act like the whole thing is simply beneath them. >sigh<

I sure hope not, but the fate of BlackBerry 10 is certainly out of my hands. In the meanwhile, it sure has been fun to switch back and forth between two phones, both OSs with different things to love about them. Thanks for the good wishes, and I hope you check in often with your experiences.
    Steve and I go back a few years.

But welcome to the 9900 world. OP just don't get it.
    06-17-16 08:17 PM
    Got impatient, and found these unlocked badboys on craigslist! Got both for $50 because while one works perfectly, the other doesn't connect to any services apparently (maybe BIS/plan related? it scans and finds available networks just fine, haven't tried a SIM in it yet). Guy I bought it from was a fellow BB nerd, was rocking a z30, haha.

Either way, super stoked, these feel great in the hand. Makes my classic feel like a clunky old dinosaur!Attachment 402293
    nice! congrats, welcome to the party! hope they work out well. what a great deal

kertong and Mr4aces like this.
    06-17-16 10:22 PM
    Man, a bit of a fly in the ointment:

1) the camera sound is pretty annoying. almost a dealbreaker, but will see if quicklaunch or something like that can work around it.

2) Unfortunately, my AT&T SIM card is provided for me by work on a corporate/enterprise plan. Looks like BIS/BES is disabled on it, because popping in the AT&T sim shows it connecting to the voice and 3G network just fine, but BIS/BES status stays "disconnected".

So, was surfing AT&T and TMobile plans online and cannot find out how to get a BIS/BES enrolled plan... will have to walk into a store tomorrow and see what I can do.

On the other hand - god, I *love* the 9900 form factor. The keyboard is fantastic - smaller than the classic's, but somehow better (does the smile make *that* much of a difference? perhaps!). It's "just right" in terms of clickiness. The convenience key is great (why did they get rid of this in the classic?). Screen is nice and bright and man, I love having the removable battery. I can't wait to start using this daily - though I think I might miss the BB10 Hub.

Check out the difference in size. Even though the classic is newer, the 9900 somehow looks more refined and elegant, how is that possible??

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-13480356_10105397410827243_1482839269_n.jpg
    06-17-16 10:48 PM

Yep, OP (meaning Other People) just don't take the time to get it. So many trolls think they're so smart that their inability to understand US somehow impugns OUR relative cognitive capacity! lol.

OP of this great thread, Ralph, has brought contagious collaborative enthusiasm back to CB! Our way of thanking Ralph is to "Blame Ralph!!" Haha . Hopefully he gets the phrase trademarked ASAP. Can't wait for the T-shirts!

Lol... . Did you ever get very far into hybrid OS7.1? Some folks around here might enjoy that?
    06-17-16 11:43 PM
    Here is that Chinese battery I have, 1500 mahAttachment 402199
    Have you noticed a difference with it being 1500mah?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 11:49 PM

On the other hand - god, I *love* the 9900 form factor. The keyboard is fantastic - smaller than the classic's, but somehow better (does the smile make *that* much of a difference? perhaps!). It's "just right" in terms of clickiness. The convenience key is great (why did they get rid of this in the classic?). Screen is nice and bright and man, I love having the removable battery. I can't wait to start using this daily - though I think I might miss the BB10 Hub.

Check out the difference in size. Even though the classic is newer, the 9900 somehow looks more refined and elegant, how is that possible??
    Lol... My hand is still the same size it was in 2011! 9900's exquisitely charming ergonomics remain as relevant as ever!
    06-17-16 11:51 PM
    Ireland has banned all electronic devices with lithium ion batteries, that means we can't import laptops, ipods, phones. I think this is all an EU regulations thing the other countries are following too, i really hope it doesn't get seized because i would love a second battery for this phone, otherwise it's going to be really difficult to get one. I remember getting one of those extended batteries for the Bold 9000 and it gave the phone so much life, i do think that they degrade quicker than the original JM-1 batteries. I saw a JM-1 battery on ebay with the same design as the original but it was 1500mah, i wonder what that is like?

I purchased 10(bulk deal) of the 1500mah from an ebay seller in Canada and it even says Blackberry RIM just like the OEM. Will start testing one out soon.

Posted via CB10
    Magnetox likes this.
    06-17-16 11:55 PM
    @9900 all

I noticed when using the Priv there are all sorts of ads. Which doesn't surprise me. But when on the Classic they don't show up.

Do the pop ups �sill" show up on BB07 CB app? Or are you not using the app?
    I've never seen a pop up ad using the CB app, thank goodness.

06-18-16 02:19 AM

Thats strange. I would think that Lithium Ion batteries are more efficient, holding a charge longer than say.....Nickel Cadium or Nickey Metal Hydride (SP?) etc. so they would be much better in the long run, lasting longer also so that would be less of them to recycle, etc. But I wonder what their reasoning is for banning them?

To the best of my knowledge Blackberry didn't add any extra MAH to the JM-1 but if anyone can clarify this.....?

06-18-16 02:23 AM
    OP just don't get it.
    What don't I get?

06-18-16 02:25 AM
    Yep, OP (meaning Other People)

OP of this great thread, Ralph, has brought contagious collaborative enthusiasm back to CB!
    Ah OP is Other People, K thnx for clarifying haha I thought I was in trouble for something

And no, all I did was talk a little but everyone else joined in and it's just cool that we aren't alone in our enthusiasm for the 99 devices.

How would an American say it....."Ya'll have made it an epic adventure"

06-18-16 02:30 AM

Well Steve is a pretty cool dude so any friend of his.......must be a cool dude too

Welcome aboard, so going back to a 9900 then for sure or?

06-18-16 02:31 AM
    Kertong.....

Are you taking the time to read the responses directed to you? There are APPS that allow the camera to be silenced......I wrote a response above before your last post.

So it shouldn't have to be a "dealbreaker" to hear the camera if it can be silenced?

06-18-16 02:37 AM
    Have you noticed a difference with it being 1500mah?

Posted via CB10
    No differences that I noticed. Maybe a fresh one might be the ticket.

06-18-16 02:38 AM
    Kertong.....

Are you taking the time to read the responses directed to you? There are APPS that allow the camera to be silenced......I wrote a response above before your last post.

So it shouldn't have to be a "dealbreaker" to hear the camera if it can be silenced?

yes I am - looking through the app options though covering the speaker with my finger works ok! might cover it up with tape if all else fails

need to figure out the bes/bis next
    06-18-16 03:12 AM
    Thats strange. I would think that Lithium Ion batteries are more efficient, holding a charge longer than say.....Nickel Cadium or Nickey Metal Hydride (SP?) etc. so they would be much better in the long run, lasting longer also so that would be less of them to recycle, etc. But I wonder what their reasoning is for banning them?

To the best of my knowledge Blackberry didn't add any extra MAH to the JM-1 but if anyone can clarify this.....?

There is no ban on lithium ion batteries. They have merely been banned as cargo on passenger planes due to the risk of fire.

Quote from UPS site:
    "Passenger Aircraft Ban for Lithium Ion Batteries: All shipments of lithium batteries without equipment are prohibited as cargo on passenger aircraft. As a result, all lithium ion battery shipments must display the Cargo Aircraft Only label. Due to UPS's reliance on passenger aircraft to transport packages in some parts of its network, this change will restrict the origins and destinations available for lithium ion batteries. This limitation does not affect lithium ion batteries packed with or contained in equipment."
    06-18-16 03:53 AM
    No differences that I noticed. Maybe a fresh one might be the ticket.

I've read more discussions about this topic.

An argument I found rather credible myself is that when the same battery technologie is being used and the volume of the battery is the same then also the battery capacity is (must be) more or less the same.

Alternative suppliers claiming say 10-20 percent more capacity than the OEM version most probably just have a more opportunistic marketing department.
    06-18-16 04:08 AM
    I've read more discussions about this topic.

An argument I found rather credible myself is that when the same battery technologie is being used and the volume of the battery is the same then also the battery capacity is (must be) more or less the same.

Alternative suppliers claiming say 10-20 percent more capacity than the OEM version most probably just have a more opportunistic marketing department.
    Most likely, unless they are using some new magical ingredient that is more efficient than Lithium Ion but I doubt it. I think that is the most recent technology in battery chemistry.

06-18-16 04:14 AM
8,754 ... 5051525354 ...