Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno, Wmsi and dierre like this.
    06-16-16 10:08 PM
    Damn this site! Bold ordered!

Posted via CB10
    Good choice my friend!

Be Bold. Blackberry 9900.
    06-16-16 10:27 PM
    OK, been with you all too..,.got drawn back in. Have breautiful Rogers unlocked Bold. Man, I remember why I love this thing. Took a bit of working with ATT tech (who works on her father's Blackberry from time to time LOL). But good to go. Living in the Albany NY Capital Region, received H+ signal. Seemed pretty good to me. Especially for calls and data.

Here's question...the BIS signal icon was strong and steady, but occasional drops of messages, an error message of a message to be downloaded and I'd get a red X icon. These are MMS messages as a four way text chat. When I activated the phone I had tested sending and receiving MMS photo attachments successfully. And then the a few hours later MMS messages drop, and then start coming in again.

This kind of erratic MMS messaging has happened to me on a couple different Bolds I've used up here. I get frustrated, go to a different device, sometimes for months at time, though I come back. The Bold's fire up fine, seem to work and then after a while, this up and down of MMS. Emails, calendar sync all fine. If it were just this one or that device, I'd think its mechanical inside the device. Now I wonder if something odd about ATT equipment in this upstate NY area? This inconsistency is what drives me away from the OS7 I prefer. My Classic may be bigger and heavier, but I'm never cut out of communication like this. Any one experiencing the same?
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 06-16-16 at 11:07 PM.
    06-16-16 10:48 PM
    JRSVA I used to occasionally have that problem with messages on my 9780, I occasionally would have to reboot to solve it, and then they would all gush in again. I have never experienced that problem on this 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-16-16 11:40 PM
    Damn this site! Bold ordered!

Posted via CB10
    How much and where from? Keep us posted!

06-16-16 11:42 PM
    Just found out that the RCMP use Blackberries at Fort McMurray, all the Counstables. Fort McMurray is the city in Alberta Canada where the fires wiped out most of the town, it was all over the news as I'm sure you know.

I wonder how many other police agencies might still use Blackberries, or are issued them.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    06-17-16 01:02 AM
    Just found out that the RCMP use Blackberries at Fort McMurray, all the Counstables. Fort McMurray is the city in Alberta Canada where the fires wiped out most of the town, it was all over the news as I'm sure you know.

I wonder how many other police agencies might still use Blackberries, or are issued them.

I know that the Calgary Police service had corporate issued Blackberries years ago but dumped them for Android phones back in 2012/13. I think the transition to BB10 needed them to run 2 servers and like many other companies/ organizations dumped BlackBerry at the time.

In any event from a few friends on the force they have had Blackberry Classic devices now for a while so it looks like they either purchased BlackBerry services again or just bought new phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 01:49 AM
    Today this thread is ONE MONTH old! Just a reminder that ya'll are caraizie

Been fun learning about and sharing stories about this amazingly powerful device that for some reason is still somewhat addictive to us for whatever reasons.

6 months of using the 9900 and I'm still not even tempted to pop the Sim card back into the iphone. It has NOT been back in the iphone. As much as I like my iphone it just feels like it has no soul. APPS it HAS, but it somehow just feels so impersonal, if you know what I mean. Maybe because psychologically, the interactive physical keyboard makes us feel more "part" of the device, or more "connected."

I originally intended to only occasionally use this 9900 for a back up to my iphone, and that was even what I had described on my CB page, but since I have not had problems like some of you (unfortunately) I will continue to "keep on truckin'" with this thing and remain curious what will actually happen with Whatsapp at the end of the year.

Remember that the set up on this device can overwhelm some people but if everything clicks and works out nicely then you will have a device that is difficult to put down, especially if you have decent net speeds like I do.

Everything about this device oozes quality and I still find it hard to put it down to charge or even for bed time

Still a lot to learn, but having fun with the 99 and getting to know you all.

06-17-16 02:53 AM
    I know that the Calgary Police service had corporate issued Blackberries years ago but dumped them for Android phones back in 2012/13. I think the transition to BB10 needed them to run 2 servers and like many other companies/ organizations dumped BlackBerry at the time.

In any event from a few friends on the force they have had Blackberry Classic devices now for a while so it looks like they either purchased BlackBerry services again or just bought new phones.

Posted via CB10
    Ya I actually heard about Fort McMurray and the Blackberries they use because a buddy was talking to the father of one of the Constables at a cafe today. My friend is a die hard apple guy and always teases me for putting my iphone aside and picking up a Blackberry but I think today was a WIN for Team Blackberry when he heard it.

This makes me wonder how many people that work for agencies/buisnesses, etc absolutely must HATE some of the devices they are issued. I know that I would hate to use an Android after hearing some of the stories I have like Apps constantly asking to do surveys, etc. That's even IF the employee are allowed to install apps on a company phone?????

I know one guy who is issued a Galaxy S5 and he is actually afraid to put any apps on it because he thinks his company that issued it might be monitoring it!!! This seems like a total waste to me for all that device power. Maybe this is why some companies are ok in issueing Blackberry, lets face it......apps aren't the greatest on these things.

06-17-16 03:11 AM
    Dang, glad everyone is getting their 9900s. I am not so lucky.

I bought from ebay on 6/7 from this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...48017&view=all

My wife bought one the next day from that same seller 'krm2003' as he had 3 listed as available (I dragged her into this 'disconnect' movement haha).

I do not have my phone yet as of 6/17, even though I am in california and he claims to have shipped from chicago, IL on 6/8. There's a tracking # for me, but last activity was on 6/8 saying "arrived at usps origin facility - chicago metro", and no update since. My wife hasn't even gotten a tracking # yet as of today.

So, buyer beware - don't just jump on the first ebay listing you see. Try swappa or amazon instead. Going through the claims process with ebay now for a refund, sigh. I just want my 9900(s)
    06-17-16 11:17 AM
    Dang, glad everyone is getting their 9900s. I am not so lucky.

I bought from ebay on 6/7 from this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...48017&view=all

My wife bought one the next day from that same seller 'krm2003' as he had 3 listed as available (I dragged her into this 'disconnect' movement haha).

I do not have my phone yet as of 6/17, even though I am in california and he claims to have shipped from chicago, IL on 6/8. There's a tracking # for me, but last activity was on 6/8 saying "arrived at usps origin facility - chicago metro", and no update since. My wife hasn't even gotten a tracking # yet as of today.

So, buyer beware - don't just jump on the first ebay listing you see. Try swappa or amazon instead. Going through the claims process with ebay now for a refund, sigh. I just want my 9900(s)
    it sounds like it could be a Chicago Metro or UPS problem? I would phone those places and give the tracking number and just see what they say.

06-17-16 11:26 AM
    In other news.. I got a special delivery today..
    Have been meaning to order one of these docks - have also noticed they are going up in price in UK compared to a couple of years back, not many around, cheapest seen so far 12 uk pounds, need to get it done before they go up any more!
    06-17-16 11:54 AM
    I want to say thing "have" changed! No 9900 bashing and the 9900 is revived.

I got away from the 9900 off and on since the Classic then when the Priv came out I retired it.

Yes, Steve your correct about using the Classic in bed and it is so heavy it hits you on the head when you start to doze off. LOL

I'm so sick of paying $150 for 3 phones on ATT. So I called Consumer Cellular and switched for $20/mo. Going to "try" to get the 9900 to work without the BIS.

I miss the 9900 because it is so small and light fits in my shirt pocket. It is the BEST pkb phone ever made.

BTW great thread

Dean
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20160617_094620.png

PIN 2COF829A
    06-17-16 12:49 PM
    Hi Dean! How've you been? We're having a pretty good time here. What a difference the years have made! Amazing how fun life can be without trolls telling us we should hate what we like. Lol.

Some carriers aren't charging extra for BIS, these days. Fwiw.

Take care!
    David Tyler and Doug_M like this.
    06-17-16 02:33 PM

Everything about this device oozes quality and I still find it hard to put it down to charge or even for bed time
    A couple of us in another thread concluded that the 9900 is irresistibly "Charming"!

Once you've succumbed to its charms, nothing else ever seems quite so inviting. Charmingly addictive... Guess that's why wer're at CRACKBerry... Lol.
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-17-16 02:47 PM
    Got impatient, and found these unlocked badboys on craigslist! Got both for $50 because while one works perfectly, the other doesn't connect to any services apparently (maybe BIS/plan related? it scans and finds available networks just fine, haven't tried a SIM in it yet). Guy I bought it from was a fellow BB nerd, was rocking a z30, haha.

Either way, super stoked, these feel great in the hand. Makes my classic feel like a clunky old dinosaur!9900:Resurgence of popularity!-13487874_10105394902488973_1231127619_n.jpg
    anon(6038817), Stufer and idssteve like this.
    06-17-16 03:21 PM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1466196842.008214.jpg Matt screen protector on. Thought I'd better do it before I have any more beers!
    kertong likes this.
    06-17-16 03:55 PM
    Even though have occasional troubles with the data drops, I love this device, it fits my needs so spot on. Decided ATT no activ fee promotion worth it and am adding this device to my account for 25 per month. Not extra for BIS but as an added device. Will live with it and try it on trip across country as my second phone (I think it will end up being my primary by the end of the trip). It is a great addition to the trip packing.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 04:34 PM
    This thread is sure making me take a hard look at the 9900 again... Currently using a PRIV for both personal and work because I have been carrying two phones for the last 5 years. However, I might try a Classic or 9900 for work. Used a Q10 for 2 1/2 years for work related duty and it was great. I'd switch back tomorrow.

I originally gave up my 9900 for a Z10 at launch. Starting to miss the smaller phones and how simple they were...
    idssteve likes this.
    06-17-16 04:36 PM
    I originally gave up my 9900 for a Z10 at launch. Starting to miss the smaller phones and how simple they were...
    I remember when BB10 launched and knew it was time to acknowledge the change and move on. However, the simplicity of the legacy devices and OS were, and to some degree still are missed.

No doubt there are great things about where we are today and after I get my 9900 I may quickly realize why it WAS time to move on. But - back then, the things I used my BB for worked as reliably and dependably as anything I've had since. We'll see.
    06-17-16 05:16 PM
    A couple of us in another thread concluded that the 9900 is irresistibly "Charming"!

Once you've succumbed to its charms, nothing else ever seems quite so inviting. Charmingly addictive... Guess that's why wer're at CRACKBerry... Lol.
    I think I might have seen that. And it shall remain "charmingly addictive" on OUR watch

06-17-16 05:23 PM
    Got impatient, and found these unlocked badboys on craigslist! Got both for $50 because while one works perfectly, the other doesn't connect to any services apparently (maybe BIS/plan related? it scans and finds available networks just fine, haven't tried a SIM in it yet). Guy I bought it from was a fellow BB nerd, was rocking a z30, haha.

Either way, super stoked, these feel great in the hand. Makes my classic feel like a clunky old dinosaur!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13487874_10105394902488973_1231127619_n.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	402293
    Nice! And NICE PRICE!!!! You can always keep one for parts, keyboard or a spare screen in case you drop the good one, etc.

06-17-16 05:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1466196842.008214.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	402296 Matt screen protector on. Thought I'd better do it before I have any more beers!
    Hmm, everytime I do that I get bubbles all over the screen! Nice job.

06-17-16 05:27 PM
    NEED a GOOD Call Blocker app ASAP! Anyone know a really good one? I don't care if I have to pay.

Also don't want one where it still rings once if a blocked number calls.

06-17-16 05:44 PM
    NEED a GOOD Call Blocker app ASAP! Anyone know a really good one? I don't care if I have to pay.

Also don't want one where it still rings once if a blocked number calls.

Hi Ralph,

I don't have anything specific on my 9900 but if this is a serious situation as opposed to an annoyance I am sure your carrier should be able to block calls from coming in.

Give them a quick call as it can't hurt. All the best

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 05:55 PM
8,754 ... 4950515253 ...