Here is a link to an interesting article about the Blackberry 9900...https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...L6n3G04.mailto

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-16 08:21 PM
    I think even BlackBerry might wish they had just released the 9900 with BB10 on it, instead of the Q10. It was a very strange move for them to depart so much from what made a BlackBerry a BlackBerry... lack of shortcuts at release was very non-BlackBerry.
    I had the q10 but now I'm using my 9900, the Q10 was great but didn't have the same blackberry vibe as the 9900. The 9900 just screams blackberry!

Be Bold. Blackberry 9900.
    06-12-16 08:44 PM
    I would be quite happy going back to my Bold, but without Caldav syncing it's not a viable option, especially since Apple have removed local calendar sync services from recent incarnations of Mac OS X.
    06-12-16 09:15 PM
    Buncha people using the 9900 as their One and Only, and how "perfect" it is for that is pretty subjective -- but there's little argument about what you wrote: It IS the perfect secondary phone!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Hmm, maybe depends on how to define secondary/primary but I find 99 makes a superb "primary" carry, defined as the one I talk, text email, bbm most on. My modern, oversized, "secondary" carry tags along to fill in for the <10% of time I need more than I should expect from 9900. The times my 99 gets carried by itself are when I'm pretty certain of not wanting more. Such as dinner & movie with the wife, for example. Pretty safe to say I'd BETTER not be browsing, etc in those situations! Lol. But 99 is still there assuring critical communications.
    06-12-16 10:27 PM
    I loved my BlackBerry 9900. I was swayed by all the promise of bb10 and while it's efficient and nice, while using a classic now I can't help missing how EASY my bold was. I will consider hard now why I will ever need something new when I'm happy with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 11:46 PM
    I loved my BlackBerry 9900. I was swayed by all the promise of bb10 and while it's efficient and nice, while using a classic now I can't help missing how EASY my bold was. I will consider hard now why I will ever need something new when I'm happy with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    I think we've all done that!! I still can't recall why I went from my Moto RAZR to the RAZR2 in 2009 when the first one was perfect and the newer one developed the dreaded cracking hinge defect! Regret

06-12-16 11:50 PM
    @SesP9 where are you looking for one online? There seem to be a ton of them on ebay still??

06-12-16 11:51 PM
    I had the q10 but now I'm using my 9900, the Q10 was great but didn't have the same blackberry vibe as the 9900. The 9900 just screams blackberry!
    Similar here. My Q10 sits in the drawer a lot. Not that I don't love the Q10 , but I'm 'saving' it for when the 9900 dies. I figure the Q10 will have longer legs in the end. Plus there is that fantastic battery life.
    However, I don't really feel like I'm missing much on my 9900, I actually quite enjoy the device and it is highly productive. Being able to flick around and navigate with the trackpad is amazing. I do not evenuse the touchscreen. I do find myself wishing they would release a refreshed 9900, just needs a better camera, browser and battery. Keep the OS7!
    06-12-16 11:53 PM
    I figure the Q10 will have longer legs in the end.
    This is definately true for security updates, as there will be what....2 more?

But regarding app functionality I'm wondering if this still is true. We are seeing a lot of people on BB10 experiencing apps failing. Is there a known reason for this? Could it be that the 0S7 apps were around so long now that it doesn't matter?

I would love to entertain theories on this because it defies logic in the cellular world.

ie. the newer OS should work more reliably, in theory

06-12-16 11:58 PM
    @SesP9 where are you looking for one online? There seem to be a ton of them on ebay still??

Yeah ebay still has a lot and that is where I picked mine up a brand new unlocked 9900. I really am enjoying this device and going to use it as my primary and see how it goes...

06-12-16 11:59 PM
    Yeah ebay still has a lot and that is where I picked mine up a brand new unlocked 9900. I really am enjoying this device and going to use it as my primary and see how it goes...

Awesome! That's what I'm doing. I don't miss my iphone because I have an ipad for the "gap"

Keep me posted!

06-13-16 12:04 AM
    [QUOTE=Avenzuno;12468278]

I appreciate the thoughts on color. I'm now leaning on a white 9900, but I am confused about its possibly several GSM variants. Here's what I want: an unlocked 9900 that has all the bands for HSPA/3.5G/Faux G, that I would use first on AT&T, but can easily use when I next travel overseas. (My unlocked 100-4 Classic saved the day when I was in the Orient last month!). Anyone know if the 9900 has sub-model numbers like the BB10 devices have, so that I can know specifically what to look for?
    Not sure about sub-model numbers but I recall the unlocked versions of AT&T and Rogers Wireless had the most international brands for traveling. I've seen unlocked, non-carrier branded 9900s on eBay but I don't know if they offer more bands.
    06-13-16 06:20 AM
    [QUOTE=experiment 626;12468848]

Not sure about sub-model numbers but I recall the unlocked versions of AT&T and Rogers Wireless had the most international brands for traveling. I've seen unlocked, non-carrier branded 9900s on eBay but I don't know if they offer more bands.
    My bold is a non-branded model but it is running At&t. Mine says: 3G/4G Bands 1,2,5,6. Do you know what bands are needed for your region and abroud?

06-13-16 07:03 AM
    Awesome! That's what I'm doing. I don't miss my iphone because I have an ipad for the "gap"

Keep me posted!

That is the way to go and your not missing a beat in being productive. I have a blackberry passport as well but it is big and not as carry friendly as the Bold. For me the passport and Bold will help me bridge the "gap" as well.

06-13-16 07:10 AM
    I think we've all done that!! I still can't recall why I went from my Moto RAZR to the RAZR2 in 2009 when the first one was perfect and the newer one developed the dreaded cracking hinge defect! Regret

Two Motorola I've always wanted to have:

http://phonesdata.com/files/models/M...-XT910-950.jpg

http://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/mot...azr2_v9_00.jpg

Beatiful times...
    Doug_M and Ursus Rufus like this.
    06-13-16 08:29 AM
    For me the passport and Bold will help me bridge the "gap" as well.
    That's me! Passport SE, Bold 9900, iPad mini.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-13-16 08:50 AM
    Anyone had great luck getting an unlocked BB Bold thru Amazon recently?
    06-13-16 10:12 AM
    +1000 for dual (even triple) carry! No single device can ever be best at everything for everyone. 9900's compact form and user friendliness makes it an ideal partner for dual carry! Efficient things happen when 9900 is partnered with capable devices that help fill the gap!

I carried my 99 as a backup for my Classic for about a month. Wasn't long before deciding it was just too easy to leave burned down Classic charging in the desk for the night, swap batts in 9900 and head for the bus, after a hard day.

99 just kept sneaking its way back into voice, text, email, bbm service. Each step of the way I kept evaluating. Why wrestle with a Cumbersome Classic, when I can get calls, texts, emails, bbm, calendar, contacts, spreadsheets, etc, etc, just as well on my 99 and feel less fatigued by day's end?

Why not use compact & easy 9900 for the 90% of things it's best at and fill in gaps by using Classic, Passport , Z30 as needed for what THEY are best at?? Best of both worlds! Win win! If you don't mind dual carry. I have two hips capable of packing two holsters.
    06-13-16 10:15 AM
    I use Bold 9900 for email text calendar and contact mgmt. I use droid for social media, GPS directions, web searching. You use classic passport and z30 on top of 9900 or your just making the point of using those for more web intensive tasks?
    06-13-16 10:26 AM
    What have you found the classic ideal for? I thought the classic would provide best in class type, email etc just like the bold? Or is it the OS difference that makes the difference in sticking bold over classic?
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-13-16 10:33 AM
    +1000 for dual (even triple) carry! No single device can ever be best at everything for everyone. 9900's compact form and user friendliness makes it an ideal partner for dual carry! Efficient things happen when 9900 is partnered with capable devices that help fill the gap!

I carried my 99 as a backup for my Classic for about a month. Wasn't long before deciding it was just too easy to leave burned down Classic charging in the desk for the night, swap batts in 9900 and head for the bus, after a hard day.

99 just kept sneaking its way back into voice, text, email, bbm service. Each step of the way I kept evaluating. Why wrestle with a Cumbersome Classic, when I can get calls, texts, emails, bbm, calendar, contacts, spreadsheets, etc, etc, just as well on my 99 and feel less fatigued by day's end?

Why not use compact & easy 9900 for the 90% of things it's best at and fill in gaps by using Classic, Passport , Z30 as needed for what THEY are best at?? Best of both worlds! Win win! If you don't mind dual carry. I have two hips capable of packing two holsters.
    Yes, but how do you carry so many devices around without looking (and feeling) like a pack mule? I just can't do it.
    06-13-16 10:35 AM
    I alternate, one at a time, between my Passport, Classic & Z30 as "seconday carry" backup for 9900. Depending on expected needs for the day. 99 is always with me. Usually my Classic backing that up but sometimes Passport for easy pdf print viewing in the field. Rarely my Z30.
    sgtpepr likes this.
    06-13-16 10:41 AM
    Yes, but how do you carry so many devices around without looking (and feeling) like a pack mule? I just can't do it.
    Yeah some say I'm stubborn as a mule... Just as well look the part... Lol. Seem to have created some confusion. I never pack more than two devices. Always my 99 and then ONE of my BB10s. Depending on which might fit the needs that day. Many times I just don't feel any need for anything more than 99 so, on those days and often after work, I'm 99 only. Just to be clear for everyone.

Not suitable for everyone but I grew up in a family of mechanics. Matching the tool to the job seems natural to me.
    anon(9721108) and kertong like this.
    06-13-16 11:56 AM
    That RAZR2 in copper bronze colour is nice, mine was dark blue.
    06-13-16 11:59 AM
    I want something clarified...

When people keep saying "PRODUCTIVITY" are you ONLY referring to work related issues, jobs, tasks or can it mean for overall efficiency of how the device works, performs, functions?

Many of us don't always use these devices, namely the 9900, for work other than perhaps emails.

Personally I am not hindered by the 9900 because I simply use it as a general "all around" device.

It also might not be fair to criticize any device if it is years old and expecting it to do everything an iPhone 6S can.
    06-13-16 12:04 PM
8,754 ... 4344454647 ...