I just got mine today. I'm glad to say that I love it. Although I have a question, are the first row of keys harder to press than the bottom ones?
    It also looks smaller than I remember. But maybe because I got used to BB10 phones' sizes.
    Your probably didn't see my response to you from a couple days ago, I think it is 15 pages back now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-16 02:02 AM
    I use my 9900 for Facebook, Twitter and much much more, it is still fast and clean running. I don't care how "plain" some social media apps is as long as it works. I have no problems. To compare the 9900 to an S4 and 6S might not be a fair comparison however.

I think a fair comparison is with an iPhone 4s and Samsung S2? I think they both came out in 2011 like the Bold 9900 did. Twitter for BlackBerry is a pretty good native app, Ubersocial is more like twitter for iPhone, there is more than one twitter option for OS7 devices. I like the native apps on the 9900 more than the BB10 native apps.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-12-16 03:23 AM
    BBOS did have something resembling an App ecosystem. Still amazingly relevant.
    06-12-16 07:47 AM
    Wish I'd gotten a white 9930, but I had the black one. Still, a gorgeous phone. All devices since have been white though.

Was it Kevin Michaluk that coined the term "whiteberry" or someone else?
    I've always associated "whiteberry" with Kevin but can't say with certainty now days. ??
    06-12-16 07:55 AM
    Lols careful now, we want you to still be able to pay your electrical bills so you can comment in here

Lol, no worries, nothing proprietary got divulged. In fact, I've invited our new Clients to join the fun over here!

Besides, my home is fully off-grid.
    experiment 626 likes this.
    06-12-16 08:09 AM
    Z30. I broke the SIM card slot.
    Bummer. I'm still the butt of jokes around the office for crushing a styrofoam coffee cup over my Z10 while answering a VERY critical call we'd all been waiting on!! Lol.

We'd jumped into Z10's, from 9900, virtually first day early 2013. Trying to be "bleeding edge" and trusting BB's reputation. We expected a learning curve but quickly encountered a "discontinuity in the curve". BB10.0 was truly awful, for us.

My love-hate Z10 relationship ended abruptly just after drenching it with HOT coffee, with creamer & sugar, from that crushed styrofoam cup! To its credit, the Z got me thru that very critical call with its last breath! It was my excuse to jump into Q10 for the next 3 months until we ALL staged a "mini revolt" and took up our 9900s again, early 2014. OS7.1 reliability had matured during our year long absence and the 9900s we were SOooo happy to return to were, in fact, even better than the ones we surrendered the previous year!

I guess observing my reactions during the event provided unlimited entertainment value for coworkers. They purchased and presented me a GIANT, vacuum insulated, coffee mug. Now they're talking with our fabrication guys about etching "Blame Ralph" onto that mug's stainless surface. Lol.

Ralph needs to get trademark protection ASAP. Lol.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-12-16 08:46 AM
    06-12-16 10:08 AM
    [QUOTE=Avenzuno;12467212]In my search for a suitable 9900/9930 I'd be willing to go white. My Z30 is black, and my Classic is blue. But I realize with white any dirt, scuffs, etc. stand out more, right? .../QUOTE]

For whatever it's worth, my coworker has white 9900 and it doesn't look dirty at all. He just uses it. The biggest problem is the white pocket/sleeve.
    I also have a white Z10, used naked, fondled by kids with greasy hands and all and the thing still looks new. BB seem to know what they're doing with the materials. I don't think white scratches easier as it is white throughout. In fact my black Q10 has issues with the black scratches as the shiny metal is seen underneath. Should've stayed with the Bold 9900 design!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-12-16 10:54 AM
    Bummer. I'm still the butt of jokes around the office for crushing a styrofoam coffee cup over my Z10 while answering a VERY critical call we'd all been waiting on!! Lol.

We'd jumped into Z10's, from 9900, virtually first day early 2013. Trying to be "bleeding edge" and trusting BB's reputation. We expected a learning curve but quickly encountered a "discontinuity in the curve". BB10.0 was truly awful, for us.

My love-hate Z10 relationship ended abruptly just after drenching it with HOT coffee, with creamer & sugar, from that crushed styrofoam cup! To its credit, the Z got me thru that very critical call with its last breath! It was my excuse to jump into Q10 for the next 3 months until we ALL staged a "mini revolt" and took up our 9900s again, early 2014. OS7.1 reliability had matured during our year long absence and the 9900s we were SOooo happy to return to were, in fact, even better than the ones we surrendered the previous year!

I guess observing my reactions during the event provided unlimited entertainment value for coworkers. They purchased and presented me a GIANT, vacuum insulated, coffee mug. Now they're talking with our fabrication guys about etching "Blame Ralph" onto that mug's stainless surface. Lol.

Ralph needs to get trademark protection ASAP. Lol.
    You know, this has to mean it is possible that many other companies issued duty phones just aren't happy with them. If there are other businesses out there in this situation, it would be interesting to know about it

Not related but I saw on AppyGeek that Obama thought his Blackberry was "boring" especially during the last 3 years because it was set up to not do email or take photos. I think he talked about it on Jimmy Kimmel? Not sure. But this is the problem with most now, they get "bored."

I'll be happy with 70% of the t-shirt and mug sales
    06-12-16 12:03 PM
    Haha it's all fun and games until Kim Kardashian finds out why she cannot get a 9900 on eBay anymore and pays us a visit .
    06-12-16 12:07 PM
    You know, this has to mean it is possible that many other companies issued duty phones just aren't happy with them. If there are other businesses out there in this situation, it would be interesting to know about it

Not related but I saw on AppyGeek that Obama thought his Blackberry was "boring" especially during the last 3 years because it was set up to not do email or take photos. I think he talked about it on Jimmy Kimmel? Not sure. But this is the problem with most now, they get "bored."

I think he was actually talking about a non-blackberry smartphone, his staff came to him with a touchscreen phone and told him it was time to upgrade from the old blackberry but the new smartphone couldn't take pictures or have music on it because it needed to be protected, so i'm guessing it was Either android or iPhone, he mentioned that his daughters had those types of phones and the staff wanted him upgraded too. I think he also said that he still carries his blackberry with him in the belt holster.

06-12-16 12:16 PM
    I think he was actually talking about a non-blackberry smartphone, his staff came to him with a touchscreen phone and told him it was time to upgrade from the old blackberry but the new smartphone couldn't take pictures or have music on it because it needed to be protected, so i'm guessing it was Either android or iPhone, he mentioned that his daughters had those types of phones and the staff wanted him upgraded too. I think he also said that he still carries his blackberry with him in the belt holster.

Found it, hope the link works

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.D9NKi

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1465752241.709435.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1465752253.018904.jpg
    06-12-16 12:24 PM
    [QUOTE=EFats;12468002]
    In my search for a suitable 9900/9930 I'd be willing to go white. My Z30 is black, and my Classic is blue. But I realize with white any dirt, scuffs, etc. stand out more, right? .../QUOTE]

For whatever it's worth, my coworker has white 9900 and it doesn't look dirty at all. He just uses it. The biggest problem is the white pocket/sleeve.
    I also have a white Z10, used naked, fondled by kids with greasy hands and all and the thing still looks new. BB seem to know what they're doing with the materials. I don't think white scratches easier as it is white throughout. In fact my black Q10 has issues with the black scratches as the shiny metal is seen underneath. Should've stayed with the Bold 9900 design!
    I have a white Z10 and a white G3 and they're both still gorgeous, although the Z10 has a couple dings in the corners. No dirt/grease showing though.

Posted by one of the CrackBerry apps.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-12-16 01:06 PM
    The white BB's I've seen clean up easily. We considered going to white KB as a mitigation for paint wear on keys. Seemed like it might help but IT bought a LOT of black kb and they're too easy to swap so...
    06-12-16 02:14 PM

Yeah, I think at least some of the corporate demand for the re-released 9900 came out of "the trenches". Certainly did in my company's case. Still does.

As irreplaceable as my 9900 is for coordinating a company, I'd have a really tough time visualizing running anything resembling the Presidency without a 9900.
    06-12-16 02:38 PM
    Well I've been using my Bold 9930 all week. Just jumping on my Passport today so it doesn't feel lonely. Love my Bold. Love my Passport. Torn between two great phones.

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    anon(6038817) and Lefty724 like this.
    06-12-16 02:39 PM
    06-12-16 02:58 PM
    [QUOTE=Fret Madden;12468112]

I have a white Z10 and a white G3 and they're both still gorgeous, although the Z10 has a couple dings in the corners. No dirt/grease showing though.

Posted by one of the CrackBerry apps.
    I appreciate the thoughts on color. I'm now leaning on a white 9900, but I am confused about its possibly several GSM variants. Here's what I want: an unlocked 9900 that has all the bands for HSPA/3.5G/Faux G, that I would use first on AT&T, but can easily use when I next travel overseas. (My unlocked 100-4 Classic saved the day when I was in the Orient last month!). Anyone know if the 9900 has sub-model numbers like the BB10 devices have, so that I can know specifically what to look for?
    06-12-16 03:25 PM
    God I want this phone so bad. It's the perfect secondary phone. I was about to get it but the guy who had it broke the sim card reader when removing his sim card just before I was about to get it. Unfortunately at this moment, buying it online isn't an option, and it's also a little bit more expensive than buying in from an advert. The problem is I can't find one there Anyways. I have a question to all the lucky users. Do you just insert you nano sim card and align it with the contacts, or use an adapter. (I'm quite afraid to use one since last time I used one, I broke the Q10s contacts )
    06-12-16 03:27 PM
    Found it, hope the link works

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.D9NKi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1465752241.709435.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	352.6 KB 
ID:	401971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1465752253.018904.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	401972
    I watched the interview a few days ago, I thought that he was still using it, possibly the 9930 without a camera? I'm sure he will get an iPhone as soon as he leaves or maybe if he really wants the keyboard he'll get the Priv? I think its sad that it's seen as comical to be using a blackberry, i don't see whats funny about getting things done instead of spending my day on instagram trying to get the perfect selfie shot and filter haha.

06-12-16 03:38 PM
    No problems using my Nano to SD adapter. Just do it slowly and make sure the card is the correct way. Many Youtube vids show doing it quickly but if the nano somehow unclicks in one corner, that could be all it takes to jam possibly. While I incert mine I listen carefully for any "unclicking" of the nano while in the adapter and try not to press on the actual nano while incerting because that might make it snap out.

A quality adapter should make a nice little "click" sound when incerting the nano and that tells you it is seated properly.

06-12-16 03:43 PM
    Ahh yes. Last time I used an adapter, I pressed it good and heard a click sound. That will do. Thanks mate! Cant wait for the moment I get mine. Used to love that design and form factor. Still looks classy!
    06-12-16 04:00 PM
    God I want this phone so bad. It's the perfect secondary phone. I was about to get it but the guy who had it broke the sim card reader when removing his sim card just before I was about to get it. Unfortunately at this moment, buying it online isn't an option, and it's also a little bit more expensive than buying in from an advert. The problem is I can't find one there Anyways. I have a question to all the lucky users. Do you just insert you nano sim card and align it with the contacts, or use an adapter. (I'm quite afraid to use one since last time I used one, I broke the Q10s contacts )
    I use a Sim adapter called Simdevil from Amazon. It works well and holds the Sim with plastic adhesive perfectly. I have been using it for 2 days now without any issues.

06-12-16 04:08 PM
    I use a Noosy adapter with my own cut down SIM. Sounds scary, but no problem. I put a dab of glue with glue stick before putting in the SIM. Just a small amount so there's no thickness increase. Holds the SIM in securely but easy to pop off. I switch every week and no problems
    06-12-16 05:09 PM
    God I want this phone so bad. It's the perfect secondary phone.
    Buncha people using the 9900 as their One and Only, and how "perfect" it is for that is pretty subjective -- but there's little argument about what you wrote: It IS the perfect secondary phone!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-12-16 07:14 PM
8,754 ... 4243444546 ...