Oh no. I sorta damaged my micro USB port when my beloved Z30 (which I am using here) was plugged into my car, and I shifted up and smashed the port! If you're looking for a new Z30, I found a new one on eBay for US$225. But I've come to also like my blue Classic with toolbelt and PKB! Yet for my third line I still use this Z30, because I love to flick up letters to complete words on this best VKB ever! Did you get a Bold to replace your Z30, or are you still looking? The fine folks in this here thread are awfully persuasive!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    I found a brand new 9930 Bold on eBay for $59. Unbeatable. I'd had a Bold in the past when they first came out. I'd forgotten how good they are, I have a Classic, and it's a nice phone. But it's not a Bold. I like the VKB BB put together myself. It's better than anything on android. I will go looking for a new Z30 on eBay unless I see a good deal here. I'd prefer to buy from the marketplace.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-11-16 03:57 PM
    This just keeps getting better... Boss just came to my cubicle and asked: "What are we blaming Ralph for?" and "Who is Ralph?". Roflmao!!

He had asked his secretary who Ralph was after leaving the breakroom and we have no-one named Ralph in our organization. I sort of explained it to him but don't think he's really happy about me posting the details I've been posting. Time to chill... Lol.
    Lols careful now, we want you to still be able to pay your electrical bills so you can comment in here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-11-16 04:06 PM
    I found a brand new 9930 Bold on eBay for $59. Unbeatable. I'd had a Bold in the past when they first came out. I'd forgotten how good they are, I have a Classic, and it's a nice phone. But it's not a Bold. I like the VKB BB put together myself. It's better than anything on android. I will go looking for a new Z30 on eBay unless I see a good deal here. I'd prefer to buy from the marketplace.
    Wow I now know what to look for in a new 9930/9900. Thanks for the reply! Quick question. Do both of these Bold versions have identical 3G and HSDPA (3.5 or Faux G) bands? If possible I'd like to focus on an unlocked model that lets me use the phone on either Verizon or at&t, just as I have been doing with my beloved Verizon100-3 Z30.

06-11-16 04:09 PM
    Nice deal!!!!!

I wonder if anyone in here is interested in the white 99's and if they are would they admit it?

I remember EVERYONE back in 2011 joking that the white 9780/9900's were somehow more "feminine" but to me its like comparing a white car to a black car, I like my white car and I think a white Blackberry "stands out" more. I mean unless you are an auto mechanic with endless dirty hands, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thoughts anyone?

Is anyone in here going to admit they would also like a white Blackberry? They are definately more "rare" imo.

06-11-16 04:12 PM
    Nice deal!!!!!

I wonder if anyone in here is interested in the white 99's and if they are would they admit it?

I remember EVERYONE back in 2011 joking that the white 9780/9900's were somehow more "feminine" but to me its like comparing a white car to a black car, I like my white car and I think a white Blackberry "stands out" more. I mean unless you are an auto mechanic with endless dirty hands, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thoughts anyone?

Is anyone in here going to admit they would also like a white Blackberry? They are definately more "rare" imo.

I've been wanting a white BB for a while now - looking for a white Classic. So not problem with white phones. There are so many anonymous black rectangles out there.
    06-11-16 04:17 PM
    Wow I now know what to look for in a new 9930/9900. Thanks for the reply! Quick question. Do both of these Bold versions have identical 3G and HSDPA (3.5 or Faux G) bands? If possible I'd like to focus on an unlocked model that lets me use the phone on either Verizon or at&t, just as I have been doing with my beloved Verizon100-3 Z30.

The 9930 is the VZW variant. I don't know if it has the ability to talk to other networks. Doubt it..
    06-11-16 04:18 PM
    Nice deal!!!!!

Thoughts anyone?

In my search for a suitable 9900/9930 I'd be willing to go white. My Z30 is black, and my Classic is blue. But I realize with white any dirt, scuffs, etc. stand out more, right? The carbon fiber used on the black versions of the Q10, Z30, and Priv all offer an outstanding grip which makes them easier to hold. Is the Bold's back cover similar, or is it more grainier like the Classic's back covers?

06-11-16 04:19 PM
    Nice deal!!!!!

Thoughts anyone?

I think the attitudes may have changed with the help of the gold iphone's everyone has them, men and women. I was actually interested in buying the white 9900 because i always wanted to try it out but it didn't happen and i'm ok with that, it's just a color though. I loved what blackberry did for the white Q10 in the arab markets, they gave it a gold bezel, they should have done it with the 9900, i think you can buy the gold bezel for the 9900 on ebay so there's a way around everything haha. When i had my 9700 i had a full white housing but i also had a full red metallic housing too, it was the easiest phone to change the housing on.

06-11-16 04:22 PM
    Nice deal!!!!!

Thoughts anyone?

Wish I'd gotten a white 9930, but I had the black one. Still, a gorgeous phone. All devices since have been white though.

Was it Kevin Michaluk that coined the term "whiteberry" or someone else?
    06-11-16 04:26 PM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1465680538.045979.jpg.

Just kidding guys!!
    06-11-16 04:29 PM
    Yup good point about the rubbery bezel on the outer back of the Black 99, the white one might be pretty slippery. I do like the texture of the battery door on the white one.

The only bad thing appearance wise with my 9780 is that the faux leather on the battery door turned yellow, someone told me it is because of the acetone in the vinyl/plastic? If I recall correctly.

06-11-16 04:33 PM
    The 9930 is the VZW variant. I don't know if it has the ability to talk to other networks. Doubt it..

Verizon 9930 is a world phone, should be able to slap in a SIM and go. Definitely usable, not sure about network speeds though.
    David Tyler and idssteve like this.
    06-11-16 04:33 PM
    Wish I'd gotten a white 9930, but I had the black one. Still, a gorgeous phone. All devices since have been white though.

Was it Kevin Michaluk that coined the term "whiteberry" or someone else?
    haha cool, I never heard that before BUT I do still occasionally watch Kevin's video of how glad he was to get a white 9900

06-11-16 04:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1465680538.045979.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	810.7 KB 
ID:	401930.

Just kidding guys!!
    I need a thumbs down button.
    06-11-16 04:34 PM
    haha cool, I never heard that before BUT I do still occasionally watch Kevin's video of how glad he was to get a white 9900

I tried taking a quick look, it goes back to 2009 at least and several sites. Still, everyone should know what brand is being discussed.
    06-11-16 04:38 PM
    I need a thumbs down button.
    Ya my life kinda flashed before my eyes on this one

BTW is ANYONE ELSE getting the daily emails from BB App World?? I dig getting these, it makes me feel like it IS 2011 again! Just got one for "Multi-Alarms" just now and I like seeing what is still available.

06-11-16 04:40 PM
    BTW is ANYONE ELSE getting the daily emails from BB App World??
    Not daily -- but occasionally. It's nice!
    06-11-16 05:26 PM
    If you have them set up and working in Outlook on your computer, they should sync with OneMediaHub.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    OneMediaHub has been great for my calendar but it is doing weird things with my contacts. I have about 220 contacts in Outlook but OneMediaHub somehow pulls about 360. Some show up as duplicates, some are contacts at my company and some are unknown. I have no idea how these extra ones are getting added. If I can get this fixed, I will probably use the 9930 as my main.

Newfangled, you seem to be pretty familiar with OneMediaHub, any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 05:48 PM
    Not daily -- but occasionally. It's nice!
    Yup they sure are DAILY for me. They also don't open when you click them directly, I usually have to click the BB button and then select "Open." Weird but works.

06-11-16 06:22 PM
    OneMediaHub has been great for my calendar but it is doing weird things with my contacts. I have about 220 contacts in Outlook but OneMediaHub somehow pulls about 360. Some show up as duplicates, some are contacts at my company and some are unknown. I have no idea how these extra ones are getting added. If I can get this fixed, I will probably use the 9930 as my main.

Newfangled, you seem to be pretty familiar with OneMediaHub, any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    I only used it to sync calendars - no experience with contacts, sorry.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    06-11-16 07:24 PM
    I love mine but also use a Samsung Galaxy S4 and S6 Active from AT&T. Trying to suggest using the Bold for facebook or twitter and having it be a good experience is disingebuous though. It is not a good device for those social media uses and that is just plain as plain can be. Phone, text, email, contact mgmt, calendar....nothing comes close imo. I said too I would but the Priv but after fiddling in the store with it and realizing the key board was not as rock solid and too small as the Bold

Mike
    06-11-16 10:28 PM
    I just got mine today. I'm glad to say that I love it. Although I have a question, are the first row of keys harder to press than the bottom ones?
    It also looks smaller than I remember. But maybe because I got used to BB10 phones' sizes.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    06-11-16 11:21 PM
    I just got mine today. I'm glad to say that I love it. Although I have a question, are the first row of keys harder to press than the bottom ones?
    It also looks smaller than I remember. But maybe because I got used to BB10 phones' sizes.
    I used to have the Bold 9900 and I can safely say this was my favorite BlackBerry and the keys on the first row shouldn't be harder to press than the bottom ones. Now I want one of these BlackBerry's with Android (I am addicted to Android now...). BlackBerry Priv has a innovative but shallow keyboard. It's annoying how shallow it is.
    06-11-16 11:50 PM
    I've been wanting a white BB for a while now - looking for a white Classic. So not problem with white phones. There are so many anonymous black rectangles out there.
    Surely you're not implying that black Bold 9900s are anonymous articles
    06-12-16 01:31 AM
    It is not a good device for those social media uses and that is just plain as plain can be.
    I use my 9900 for Facebook, Twitter and much much more, it is still fast and clean running. I don't care how "plain" some social media apps is as long as it works. I have no problems. To compare the 9900 to an S4 and 6S might not be a fair comparison however.

sgtpepr likes this.
    06-12-16 02:00 AM
8,754 ... 4142434445 ...