Got _that_ right... ':-|

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Here's to the Sunny Side!
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-11-16 07:44 AM
    Ha! Just dip a toe in the general forums for a real Piranha attack by "Mocking Bird" trolls! Lol. Better yet, don't. Especially if you must watch your blood pressure. Lol. Happier here.
    Yes, lots of bitter BB10 users realizing their " savior OS " is joining the likes of Beta Max & New Coke in terms of consumer acceptance.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-11-16 07:46 AM
    Yes, lots of bitter BB10 users realizing their " savior OS " is joining the likes of Beta Max & New Coke in terms of consumer acceptance.
    It's not the BB10 users, it's the people who have long since moved on that just can't seem to leave them alone.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    06-11-16 07:48 AM
    Ralph, it is not too early to start planning your first 9900 convention.
    06-11-16 08:16 AM
    The first annual "99er Conference"?

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    idssteve likes this.
    06-11-16 08:18 AM
    The first annual "99er Conference"?

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    Might be a great venue for selling "Blame Ralph" Tshirts & hats! Several here in the breakroom wanna get me a "Blame Ralph" coffee mug! Lol.
    MikeLip likes this.
    06-11-16 08:42 AM
    Talk about timing! Management just stopped by the breakroom to inform us that we've been selected for a pretty nice project in Indonesia. We knew the "smart guy" we'd dispatched from Mumbai for the pre-bid visit would make an impression. According to management, he made quite a splash! That client still favors BlackBerry and apparently mentioned appreciating our representative's use of two of them. We know that one of them was a 9900! We just looked at each other around the breakroom and said: "Blame Ralph". Lol. Boss left perplexed but happy. Lol.
    06-11-16 09:04 AM
    T-shirt comes in all sizes. Join us to celebrate our good friend Ralph...

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    06-11-16 09:11 AM

Lol! "The People" need SOMEone to blame!!

Still checking CB store... No shirts yet...
    06-11-16 09:15 AM
    It's not the BB10 users, it's the people who have long since moved on that just can't seem to leave them alone.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    People get so worked up over a phone. I don't get it. I'm not sure why crackberry doesn't step in, but I tend to Even the 9930. It's pure awesome. But in the end it's a tool. An excellent tool and possibly BlackBerrys best work. Or, really, the best phone to come out of anywhere, ever. But it's not worth attacking others or being attacked over. It's just a phone. It's not my kids, or even my dog
    06-11-16 09:49 AM
    EXACTLY

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-11-16 10:59 AM
    DJSlam wins the prestigious "Poster of the day" award which actually expires in one hour at midnight! ENJOY haha!

Ha! Thanks guys. Appreciate this thread going strong. Its actually made me realize all of the things I love about using a Blackberry. Can't get that out of most threads on here.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 11:25 AM
    I like this thread because posters have moved on. They like their devices and are enthusiastic but have accepted the reality of their situation. Some of the BB10 advocates have not reached the same stage of acceptance.
    anon(9721108) and Doug_M like this.
    06-11-16 11:33 AM
    Ok, since this thread is about 9900's "resurgence" (revolt?? Lol) I'll share what I can of what 9900s do for my company. Pretty routine but some might find it illustrative, at least.

Since my previous post, I've been contacted by our "new" Indonesian client from their... (you guessed it) 9900s. We've already exchanged preliminaries and initial criteria. My colleague from Mumbai has already sent links to photos & drawings & measurements & etc. I've assigned a field team, support team, reserved a CAD station and started the usual spreadsheets. Client is included in all communications, real time.

This has taken place in less than two hrs since first informed of being awarded the project. All accomplished thru 9900 in left hand with coffee mug in right hand. I've only just now left the breakroom!

This client has facilities in various parts of Indonesia and really values BBM & BIS and awarded this rushed project to us because they wanted to hit the ground running. I'm walking, tho... To my cubicle... Coffee mug still in right hand... Lol.
    06-11-16 11:40 AM
    I'll pitch in to provide him a discount on a "Blame Ralph!" Tshirt! Lol.

Any word on when they're showing up on CB Store? Do they have Ralph's Dino Avatar on them?

Haha, Lol.
    Don't worry, I'm sure. Kim Kardashian now hates us all, but just don't tell her I prefer Paris Hilton shhhh
    MikeLip likes this.
    06-11-16 12:01 PM
    If everyone suddenly starts realizing they are unhappy with their devices, my name will be Rodrigo from hence forth lols
    06-11-16 12:08 PM
    Talk about timing! Management just stopped by the breakroom to inform us that we've been selected for a pretty nice project in Indonesia. We knew the "smart guy" we'd dispatched from Mumbai for the pre-bid visit would make an impression. According to management, he made quite a splash! That client still favors BlackBerry and apparently mentioned appreciating our representative's use of two of them. We know that one of them was a 9900! We just looked at each other around the breakroom and said: "Blame Ralph". Lol. Boss left perplexed but happy. Lol.
    Hmm, I do fit nicely in a large Samsonite piece of luggage if it means a free vacay
    06-11-16 12:14 PM

Nice, I'm stealing this
    06-11-16 12:15 PM
    This just keeps getting better... Boss just came to my cubicle and asked: "What are we blaming Ralph for?" and "Who is Ralph?". Roflmao!!

He had asked his secretary who Ralph was after leaving the breakroom and we have no-one named Ralph in our organization. I sort of explained it to him but don't think he's really happy about me posting the details I've been posting. Time to chill... Lol.
    anon(6038817) and David Tyler like this.
    06-11-16 12:40 PM
    This just keeps getting better... Boss just came to my cubicle and asked: "What are we blaming Ralph for?" and "Who is Ralph?". Roflmao!!

He had asked his secretary who Ralph was after leaving the breakroom and we have no-one named Ralph in our organization. I sort of explained it to him but don't think he's really happy about me posting the details I've been posting. Time to chill... Lol.
    Better be careful or your boss is going to blame Steve!

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    idssteve likes this.
    06-11-16 01:43 PM
    I'll buy the comparison with Beta, since it was widely acknowledged at the time that Sony's format was in several technical respects "better," with VHS gaining the edge as one of the first examples of the weird non-linearity of the technology marketplace. I disagree, however, with the comparison to New Coke. Hardly anyone ever actually liked "New Coke," whereas there were lots of great reviews of BlackBerry 10, including when the Z30 won Wired's 2014 Smartphone Thunderdome at that year's CES (http://www.wired.com/2014/01/thunder...lenge-results/). A much better comparison with New Coke would be the Priv: New Coke failed miserably because the Coke executives figured growth lay in going after Pepsi fans; thus, New Coke tasted a lot like Pepsi. Unfortunately, a.) the die-hard Coke fans had zero tolerance for it, and b.) the Pepsi fans just kept drinking Pepsi. Same with the Priv -- aside from the keyboard, it was just another Android in an already crowded Android market. Fans of BlackBerry 10 have little patience with it, and current users of Sammy and other Android phones don't see a reason to switch. Boom. New Coke redux.
    Last edited by David Tyler; 06-13-16 at 05:02 PM.
    Avenzuno and Doug_M like this.
    06-11-16 02:25 PM
    I'll buy the comparison with Beta, since it was widely acknowledged at the time that Sony's format was in several technical respects "better," with VHS gaining the edge as one of the first examples of the weird non-linearity of the technology marketplace. I disagree, however, with the comparison to New Coke. Hardly anyone ever actually liked "New Coke," whereas there were lots of great reviews of BlackBerry 10, including when the Z30 won Wired's 2014 Smartphone Thunderdome at that year's CES (WIRED?s CES Smartphone Thunderdome: The Final Results | WIRED). A much better comparison with New Coke would be the Priv: New Coke failed miserably because the Coke executives figured growth lay in going after Pepsi fans -- New Coke tasted a lot like Pepsi, and a.) the die-hard Coke fans had zero tolerance for it, and b.) the Pepsi fans just kept drinking Pepsi. Same with the Priv -- aside from the keyboard, it was just another Android in an already crowded Android market. Fans of BlackBerry 10 have little patience with it, and current users of Sammy and other Android phones don't see a reason to switch. Boom. New Coke redux.
    The Z30 is actually an excellent phone. BB10 runs well on it, and android apps do also - not so much on the Classic and Z10 since they have slower processors. I think BB10 would have been more popular if it had come with a good PBK - like, say, the one on the 9900 BB did a good job on the OS. The hub is great. Everything runs smoothly and without a hitch on very modest hardware - if you can live with just the BB10 native apps. I wish I hadn't broken mine. But I can't bring myself to buy another to replace it. Good used ones are hard to find, and a good used one for a reasonable price is even harder.
    06-11-16 02:37 PM
    The Z30 is actually an excellent phone. BB10 runs well on it, and android apps do also - not so much on the Classic and Z10 since they have slower processors. I think BB10 would have been more popular if it had come with a good PBK - like, say, the one on the 9900 BB did a good job on the OS. The hub is great. Everything runs smoothly and without a hitch on very modest hardware - if you can live with just the BB10 native apps. I wish I hadn't broken mine. But I can't bring myself to buy another to replace it. Good used ones are hard to find, and a good used one for a reasonable price is even harder.
    Which BB10 device did you break? I'm scouring eBay to look for a backup BB10 device, either a Q10 or a second Classic or Z30, or even a 9900 as a backup in preparation for the BB10 apocalypse that I expect within 1-3 years. Haven't decided which way to go yet!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    06-11-16 03:23 PM
    Which BB10 device did you break? I'm scouring eBay to look for a backup BB10 device, either a Q10 or a second Classic or Z30, or even a 9900 as a backup in preparation for the BB10 apocalypse that I expect within 1-3 years. Haven't decided which way to go yet!

Z30. I broke the SIM card slot.
    06-11-16 03:30 PM
    Z30. I broke the SIM card slot.
    Oh no. I sorta damaged my micro USB port when my beloved Z30 (which I am using here) was plugged into my car, and I shifted up and smashed the port! If you're looking for a new Z30, I found a new one on eBay for US$225. But I've come to also like my blue Classic with toolbelt and PKB! Yet for my third line I still use this Z30, because I love to flick up letters to complete words on this best VKB ever! Did you get a Bold to replace your Z30, or are you still looking? The fine folks in this here thread are awfully persuasive!

06-11-16 03:38 PM
8,754 ... 4041424344 ...