My bold came in the mail today. I could not wait to open it! I was blown away on how this device is well built and compact and love the keyboard. It really is the best out of all the Blackberry keyboards. I am so glad the bold is still relevant today in 2016.

Sent from my BlackBerry(Back to the future) 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-10-16 11:22 PM
    Are you getting it on your own wifi ?

I sometimes get this when on a public wifi.

I seem to be getting on my home's wi-fi. I will keep an eye on it and report back.

Thanks again for the assistance

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 11:45 PM
    Well, I consider Classic's key feel to be second best ever... Behind 9900. IMO. That said, comparing the two, I would characterize Classic's key feel as softer, somewhat "mushy", so to speak. If it were a trigger, I'd say it has lighter pull, more creep and less overtravel.

9900, in comparison, requires ever so lightly more initial force but once it snaps over, resistance is less and overtravel is greater.

Net effect is that 9900's keys are slightly more resistant to accidental pressing. Once pressed, the more exaggerated snap over, combined with greater travel after the press provides more positive tactile feedback.

In short, the slight differences in keyboard feel means it's slightly easier to have pressed a key on Classic and still be uncertain that you've pressed it. Not really distractingly so but detectable if thinking about it.

Classic's larger keys provide more room to fit fleshy thumbpads on, if that's your technique. I use thumb nails which requires much less key space so any advantage from larger keys is lost on me.

My biggest single complaint with Classic's kb is the width! Reaching the far column of keys is such a stretch that it invites accidentally pressing the second column over.

Also, my thumbs are not fitted onto a linear slide. I find forcing my arthritic thumbs to follow Classic's straight line to the nearest columns almost painful. On occasions. 9900's "smiling" kb more comfortably accommodates the natural articulation of my "spherical" thumb joints.
    Well said Steve, as per usual I also prefer the curved "smilie" keyboard and it seems to give me the sense that more keys are able to be seen when my thumbs are on the board, ya I know that might sound odd.

I wouldn't want any more "mushy" than what we have now! Love the slight "clickiness" and the strange thing is when I got this 99 it felt like the keys were much stiffer. Maybe someone spilled molasis in the keys before and I just lossened then up lols.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-10-16 11:51 PM
    You just posted # 1000 in this thread !!

Hey Ralph !
    Does he win a prize ?
    DJSlam wins the prestigious "Poster of the day" award which actually expires in one hour at midnight! ENJOY haha!

06-10-16 11:53 PM
    My bold came in the mail today. I could not wait to open it! I was blown away on how this device is well built and compact and love the keyboard. It really is the best out of all the Blackberry keyboards. I am so glad the bold is still relevant today in 2016.

Sent from my BlackBerry(Back to the future) 9900 using Tapatalk
    Let us know how things work out, we like updates and then we hopefully can help if there are problems.

Welcome aboard

06-10-16 11:58 PM
    The strangest thing is that when I read your post I won't back and re-inserted the SIM card and everything appears to be working. Just need to switch to BBM.

I am getting the "security connection" can not be verified messages every few minutes though. Any idea about that?

Thanks again for your help!

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes these devices seem to take a little time for all the settings to "settle" and learn the network they are on. Others have reported that suddenly their 99's started connecting to 4G or whatever after working on Edge for a week or so.

As for the message on your screen I have never seen that on mine.

06-11-16 12:02 AM
    oh and as for possible wifi issues, go to the wifi settings, highlite your connected wifi signal and click the dotted Blackberry button, there are some settings and trouble shooting that you can play with.

06-11-16 12:05 AM
    Let us know how things work out, we like updates and then we hopefully can help if there are problems.

Welcome aboard

I appreciate that Ralph and the only issue I have encountered is setting up my gmail. It says: "Invalid email address or password. *Verify your email address and password. *If the email persists, contact gmail.com."

06-11-16 12:17 AM
    I appreciate that Ralph and the only issue I have encountered is setting up my gmail. It says: "Invalid email address or password. *Verify your email address and password. *If the email persists, contact gmail.com."

Yup, what I had to do for my Gmail was go into your Gmail desktop settings, like on your PC and find the setting that is a toggle switch called "Allow less secure devices" and then try again. Thats what worked for me.

06-11-16 12:20 AM

Also you probably have to relog into the gmail screen that seperately asks for email and then the next screen is the password.

06-11-16 12:21 AM
    I seem to be getting on my home's wi-fi. I will keep an eye on it and report back.

Thanks again for the assistance

Posted via CB10
    Have you set up and/or logged into your BlackBerry ID? I was getting the same notifications until I signed in.
    06-11-16 12:21 AM
    Have you set up and/or logged into your BlackBerry ID? I was getting the same notifications until I signed in.

It appears to be working better now. I will continue to monitor it and will look towards this forum for any assistance.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 12:26 AM
    Ughh. Reading this thread makes me more excited for the arrival of my bold. I already got the case yesterday noon. The phone is coming today, June 11, instead of next week. It's 3am, and usually the mail comes around 1-2pm so by the time I wake up the phone will be at my doorstep. Hihi. Just need to wait for the extra battery and screen protector. Question, I do t use that many apps on either of my BB10 devices, but do they have a Wall Street journal app for OS7? And how much is Tapatalk?
    06-11-16 01:53 AM
    Ughh. Reading this thread makes me more excited for the arrival of my bold. I already got the case yesterday noon. The phone is coming today, June 11, instead of next week. It's 3am, and usually the mail comes around 1-2pm so by the time I wake up the phone will be at my doorstep. Hihi. Just need to wait for the extra battery and screen protector. Question, I do t use that many apps on either of my BB10 devices, but do they have a Wall Street journal app for OS7? And how much is Tapatalk?
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1465629651.220016.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1465629666.603333.jpg
    06-11-16 02:21 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1465629651.220016.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	401891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1465629666.603333.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	401892
    I'm aware it hasn't been updated in a few years but Quicklaunch is what I used to get screenshots on my legacy devices. Screenshots, and soo much more.

QuickLaunch - App Launcher. Screen Capture. Wallpaper Changer. Reboot and many more Utilities
    06-11-16 02:27 AM
    Just for nostalgia's sake.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-2ljibtj.jpg
    idssteve and anon(6038817) like this.
    06-11-16 02:33 AM
    ahem, is it too late to edit my first post? I "was mocked" for using this device, not "practically mocked"

^_*

06-11-16 03:16 AM

This was my issue too, i contacted BlackBerry and they gave me a link to verify my gmail account for BIS services. If you want to PM me for the link i can send it to you. There are some instructions to follow first though, they are you have to go to your browser and make sure your account you want to verify is signed in, then you have to click on the link and it will as you to verify and enter your account password, then you will have to sign out of your account in the browser and then go back to the email set up and enter this way. Also check to make sure that the 2-step verification is turned off in your gmail settings, check this first before anything else but its most likely not that.
    I hope this helps.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-11-16 05:44 AM
    Just for nostalgia's sake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ljibtj.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	401893
    +1 for QuikLaunch! FileScout also does screenshots. Love your screenshot, Fret! It illustrates the abundance of information displayed on OS7's home screen!
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-11-16 05:54 AM
    You just posted # 1000 in this thread !!

Hey Ralph !
    Does he win a prize ?
    I'll pitch in to provide him a discount on a "Blame Ralph!" Tshirt! Lol.

Any word on when they're showing up on CB Store? Do they have Ralph's Dino Avatar on them?

Haha, Lol.
    06-11-16 06:04 AM
    ahem, is it too late to edit my first post? I "was mocked" for using this device, not "practically mocked"

^_*

Ha! Just dip a toe in the general forums for a real Piranha attack by "Mocking Bird" trolls! Lol. Better yet, don't. Especially if you must watch your blood pressure. Lol. Happier here.
    experiment 626 likes this.
    06-11-16 06:20 AM
    OK, I keep seeing this thread on CB front page and I'm jumping in. Still have my 9930 but will not boot up OS all the way. It was and still is an excellent phone. This thread has me wanting to start using it again so gonna take it to the shop.
    See you on the other side.
    06-11-16 07:07 AM
    Happier here.
    Got _that_ right... ':-|

anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-11-16 07:19 AM
    OK, I keep seeing this thread on CB front page and I'm jumping in. Still have my 9930 but will not boot up OS all the way. It was and still is an excellent phone. This thread has me wanting to start using it again so gonna take it to the shop.
    Welcome back to the Sunny Side! Where is it stopping on boot? A few details & we might be able to help?
    06-11-16 07:20 AM
    Awesome! Let us know how it goes!

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    06-11-16 07:37 AM
8,754 ... 3940414243 ...