What he said....

I'm an enthusiastic fan of Steve's list. Question though, how is #3 accomplished? I thought only #4 was possible.

Posted via CB10
    I'm an enthusiastic fan of you liking Steve's enthusiastic list about enthusiasm for the 9900!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-10-16 02:55 AM
    Classic is faster in every way for me. The browser is also way better for me on the Classic as well.

The thing that bugs me about the Bold is I have to call AT&T every time I switch back to it so they can update their system? Without the update, the Bold won't work for me. Since I switch phones a ton, this makes life a little bit harder.

With the Classic, I can just pop in the Sim and go.

As posted above. For a 5 year old phone, the Bold is no slouch! The lightweight and keyboard still keep it a contender in collection of phones. I absolutely love my Bold! I just prefer a little newer technology.
    Stick with one and you might like it, it's not the 9900's fault you switch that often The point is that the Bold still works and does what it's asked to.

I still feel like I have a brand new phone with the 9900 and after typing on a weenie wittle 5C keyboard for 2 years this thing is a Godsent.

I think I should make a video comparison between the speed of the iphone and 9900 loading the same pages, might be interesting.

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 06-10-16 at 12:16 PM.
    06-10-16 03:03 AM
    Since I no longer have BIS, would I still get my Telus email via Bell? Would browsing work on data?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:21 AM
    Since I no longer have BIS, would I still get my Telus email via Bell? Would browsing work on data?

Posted via CB10
    I assume that you are keeping your Telus account. You would need it to keep the Telus email active.

Telus's email settings for android should work with any client. See http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/a...d-phone-tablet

I've never used BIS though, so I'm sure someone else here is much better qualified to walk you through that process.
    06-10-16 10:22 AM
    I assume that you are keeping your Telus account. You would need it to keep the Telus email active.

Telus's email settings for android should work with any client. See http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/a...d-phone-tablet

I've never used BIS though, so I'm sure someone else here is much better qualified to walk you through that process.
    Bell is my carrier but Telus my Internet provider. Not really on Gmail etc.
    06-10-16 10:33 AM
    I couldn't let the "super fans" reference go without sharing this video:

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA now THAT's a "CLASSIC!"

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    06-10-16 11:19 AM
    For you new users, be sure to go into Accessability and enable EVENT SOUNDS, you'll thank me later. This is something that makes the dock charger much better and to help know that the phone is sitting straight in the charger with an audible sound. Also I love the low battery audible alert.

Happy Weekend

06-10-16 03:53 PM
    Been using both the Classic and 9900 simultaneously and man, the 9900 keyboard is just so much smoother. And the lightweight feel of the phone makes it amazing to carry.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:27 PM
    For you new users, be sure to go into Accessability and enable EVENT SOUNDS, you'll thank me later. This is something that makes the dock charger much better and to help know that the phone is sitting straight in the charger with an audible sound. Also I love the low battery audible alert.

Happy Weekend

We should make a list of top tips. But not of those lists that goes on and on. Just top 10. Voted on by users.

Cough newfangled cough new blog post?
    Doug_M likes this.
    06-10-16 06:24 PM
    Been using both the Classic and 9900 simultaneously and man, the 9900 keyboard is just so much smoother. And the lightweight feel of the phone makes it amazing to carry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. I wish the Classic had that keyboard.
    06-10-16 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    yup and let me put it this way for myself.....I like my iphone but I only love typing on the 9900.

06-10-16 07:31 PM
    We should make a list of top tips. But not of those lists that goes on and on. Just top 10. Voted on by users.

Cough newfangled cough new blog post?
    Yup go for it. I'm not confident I could even come up with 10 tips off the top of my head, but there are many that could, I am sure

06-10-16 07:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    For those of us who have never experienced the Classic's keyboard other than on display at a cellular shop, can you describe the differences? Is it stiffer? Is it accurate? Does it feel effortless? Is it a decent enough experience on the Classic? etc?

Thoughts anyone?

06-10-16 07:36 PM
    For those of us who have never experienced the Classic's keyboard other than on display at a cellular shop, can you describe the differences? Is it stiffer? Is it accurate? Does it feel effortless? Is it a decent enough experience on the Classic? etc?

Thoughts anyone?

In my experience the 9900 keyboard was amazing. Quick, fluid, "clicky" and good feed back. The issue I had with it was the paint on the frets would wear out.

The Q10's keyboard was the first one to get rid of the curved style and I didn't mind it to be honest. The keyboard on the Q10 was also excellent and you really notice the increased size of the keys in a good way, at least for me.

I just got a Classic recently and I must say the keyboard on this bad boy is a beast. Quality keyboard all around and the keys feel great and respond very well to commands. The increase in size from the previous keyboards make it very easy to just smash together messages like it's nobody's business.

I just recently purchased for nostalgia a 9000 and in my brief trials the keyboard on that is fantastic as well. Truthfully at the end of the day I believe we are splitting hairs in regards to the different devices. All of them are at least an 9 out of 10 and some you might be able to rank a bit higher. I have never done a speed test on any to see which one is truly faster though so it's up to everyone to do their own homework I guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 08:14 PM

Thoughts anyone?

Actually it's mushier. Unlike the classic, where you tend to try to press just one key, you just have to center the key you want under your thumb. I'm not sure how it does it. I suspect more key travel. But the key under your thumb is the one that works. The ones surrounding your thumb are ignored. Result? I touch type on the 9930. That's not possible on the classic. It's something you need to experience - nearly impossible to explain. But you figure it out very quickly and just stop worrying about the surrounding keys.

I really want that keyboard on a more powerful platform.
    06-10-16 08:18 PM
    K cool. thanks guys. That sounds similar to my 9780 WITHOUT being "mushy." The 9780 was more effort BUT you really had to press deeper and straight down to get each letter to print, not so with the 9900 as my thumbs are very "angled" and I am able to effortlessly print the letters.

06-10-16 08:25 PM
    In my experience the 9900 keyboard was amazing. Quick, fluid, "clicky" and good feed back. The issue I had with it was the paint on the frets would wear out.

The Q10's keyboard was the first one to get rid of the curved style and I didn't mind it to be honest. The keyboard on the Q10 was also excellent and you really notice the increased size of the keys in a good way, at least for me.

I just got a Classic recently and I must say the keyboard on this bad boy is a beast. Quality keyboard all around and the keys feel great and respond very well to commands. The increase in size from the previous keyboards make it very easy to just smash together messages like it's nobody's business.

I just recently purchased for nostalgia a 9000 and in my brief trials the keyboard on that is fantastic as well. Truthfully at the end of the day I believe we are splitting hairs in regards to the different devices. All of them are at least an 9 out of 10 and some you might be able to rank a bit higher. I have never done a speed test on any to see which one is truly faster though so it's up to everyone to do their own homework I guess.

Posted via CB10
    I sure understand what you mean about a BIGGER keyboard helping things out! It was near impossible to go from the 9780 to the smaller 4 inch iphone, but the much bigger 9900 made it a "pleasant" experience. I can imagine the Classic being a larger board, could be nicer for big thumbs. For me I have no issues on the 9900 though.

06-10-16 08:28 PM

Thoughts anyone?

Well, I consider Classic's key feel to be second best ever... Behind 9900. IMO. That said, comparing the two, I would characterize Classic's key feel as softer, somewhat "mushy", so to speak. If it were a trigger, I'd say it has lighter pull, more creep and less overtravel.

9900, in comparison, requires ever so lightly more initial force but once it snaps over, resistance is less and overtravel is greater.

Net effect is that 9900's keys are slightly more resistant to accidental pressing. Once pressed, the more exaggerated snap over, combined with greater travel after the press provides more positive tactile feedback.

In short, the slight differences in keyboard feel means it's slightly easier to have pressed a key on Classic and still be uncertain that you've pressed it. Not really distractingly so but detectable if thinking about it.

Classic's larger keys provide more room to fit fleshy thumbpads on, if that's your technique. I use thumb nails which requires much less key space so any advantage from larger keys is lost on me.

My biggest single complaint with Classic's kb is the width! Reaching the far column of keys is such a stretch that it invites accidentally pressing the second column over.

Also, my thumbs are not fitted onto a linear slide. I find forcing my arthritic thumbs to follow Classic's straight line to the nearest columns almost painful. On occasions. 9900's "smiling" kb more comfortably accommodates the natural articulation of my "spherical" thumb joints.
    06-10-16 08:48 PM
    Hi all,

Took the plunge and finally fired up the 9900 by placing in my Wind Mobile SIM card.

I ran into a few problems early on. I have read this entire thread but I was wondering if someone can help me out a bit.

I have my SIM card in the phone but at the top of the screen I am getting "insert SIM card". I appear to be connected to my home wi-fi network but when I attempt to browse the Web I get a message "The security of this connection can't be verified"

I also have attempted to connect to my service provider but doesn't appear to work. It brings up the available network and I select it, it says only emergency services will work. I also don't appear to be connected to BIS.

Now my 9900 was in fact purchased from Wind so I suspected when I threw in my SIM card it would be an easy switch. As for the 9000 I just picked up for nostalgia purposes, that might be a bit harder to set up perhaps since it was a Rogers model.

Any thoughts everyone? Appreciate the help so I can join the team 9900

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 10:28 PM
    Hi all,

Took the plunge and finally fired up the 9900 by placing in my Wind Mobile SIM card.

I ran into a few problems early on. I have read this entire thread but I was wondering if someone can help me out a bit.

I have my SIM card in the phone but at the top of the screen I am getting "insert SIM card". I appear to be connected to my home wi-fi network but when I attempt to browse the Web I get a message "The security of this connection can't be verified"

I also have attempted to connect to my service provider but doesn't appear to work. It brings up the available network and I select it, it says only emergency services will work. I also don't appear to be connected to BIS.

Now my 9900 was in fact purchased from Wind so I suspected when I threw in my SIM card it would be an easy switch. As for the 9000 I just picked up for nostalgia purposes, that might be a bit harder to set up perhaps since it was a Rogers model.

Posted via CB10
    Your phone seems to be locked.

Go to settings / device / advanced settings / Sim card.

Now type mepd ( you won't see it )

Everything should be
    " Disabled " or " inactive "
    06-10-16 10:51 PM

Thoughts anyone?

Man the 9900 form factor feels like the perfect size and like someone else mentioned, typing on it is just so fluid. The classic keyboard is very good too, but just not as fluid to type on.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 10:59 PM
    Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    Sorry , just reread your post.

The phone is from Wind.
    ( so it is probably locked to Wind )
    When you insert Sim it should pick it up right away. If it is not reading it , then something might be wrong with the Sim reader.
    06-10-16 11:08 PM
    Man the 9900 form factor feels like the perfect size and like someone else mentioned, typing on it is just so fluid. The classic keyboard is very good too, but just not as fluid to type on.

Posted via CB10
    You just posted # 1000 in this thread !!

Hey Ralph !
    Does he win a prize ?
    06-10-16 11:11 PM
    Sorry , just reread your post.

The phone is from Wind.
    ( so it is probably locked to Wind )
    When you insert Sim it should pick it up right away. If it is not reading it , then something might be wrong with the Sim reader.

The strangest thing is that when I read your post I won't back and re-inserted the SIM card and everything appears to be working. Just need to switch to BBM.

I am getting the "security connection" can not be verified messages every few minutes though. Any idea about that?

Thanks again for your help!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 11:13 PM
    The strangest thing is that when I read your post I won't back and re-inserted the SIM card and everything appears to be working. Just need to switch to BBM.

I am getting the "security connection" can not be verified messages every few minutes though. Any idea about that?

Thanks again for your help!

Posted via CB10
    Are you getting it on your own wifi ?

I sometimes get this when on a public wifi.
    06-10-16 11:16 PM
8,754 ... 3839404142 ...