Yes, you need to activate it on Verizon and make sure you are connected to BIS before you can set up email.

Congrats and enjoy your 9930!
    I am trying to activate my MS Exchange email and I can't move forward and I am up and running with VZW. Does activating the email take a long time?
    06-06-16 05:18 PM
    I am trying to activate my MS Exchange email and I can't move forward and I am up and running with VZW. Does activating the email take a long time?
    I am not sure how to help with setting up an Exchange service. I suspect you need BES rather than BIS. And that might be something an admin has to set up. BIS works well with non-enterprise systems.
    06-06-16 05:28 PM
    Did you dial *228 to program your phone and make sure it is up and running with BIS?
    06-06-16 05:33 PM
    I am not sure how to help with setting up an Exchange service. I suspect you need BES rather than BIS. And that might be something an admin has to set up. BIS works well with non-enterprise systems.
    Naw, he doesn't need BES. I have my work email set up on my 9930 and it's Exchange (Office 365).
    06-06-16 05:33 PM
    Naw, he doesn't need BES. I have my work email set up on my 9930 and it's Exchange (Office 365).
    Then we have hit my competence limit, sorry
    06-06-16 05:40 PM
    I dialed *228 and I was making/receiving calls and texts. The people at VZW had no idea what BIS was and I had to tell them a number of times it was not BES. I'm kinda stuck.

When I went through Enterprise Activation, there was a place to put my email address and password. When I tried going through the email icon, I touched the BB logo, Options, Email Acct Management and then it says "Unable to open email setup app. Contact your wireless service provider." Maybe we are on an exchange that is not internets based (meaning not through 365), but I don't know if that would make a difference.
    06-06-16 05:47 PM
    I dialed *228 and I was making/receiving calls and texts. The people at VZW had no idea what BIS was and I had to tell them a number of times it was not BES. I'm kinda stuck.

When I went through Enterprise Activation, there was a place to put my email address and password. When I tried going through the email icon, I touched the BB logo, Options, Email Acct Management and then it says "Unable to open email setup app. Contact your wireless service provider." Maybe we are on an exchange that is not internets based (meaning not through 365), but I don't know if that would make a difference.
    OK, you don't want to do Enterprise Activation unless you are trying to pair the phone with a BES.

You need to tap the Setup, select Email Accounts, and set it up that way.
    06-06-16 05:49 PM
    OK, you don't want to do Enterprise Activation unless you are trying to pair the phone with a BES.

You need to tap the Setup, select Email Accounts, and set it up that way.
    So I tried that and it takes me to the screen below. This was done after I Security Wiped the phone.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20160606_171808.jpg
    06-06-16 06:22 PM
    So I tried that and it takes me to the screen below. This was done after I Security Wiped the phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160606_171808.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	401595
    Looks like the previous owner used an enterprise account.

You need to connect the phone to BlackBerry Desktop and do a factory reset. That should remove the enterprise account prompt.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    06-06-16 07:18 PM
    Anyone have any suggestions for this guy? http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...900-a-1075957/

I know nothing about American prepaid plans.
    06-06-16 08:00 PM
    I would love to still use my 9900 but there is no way for me to get around not having BIS, I have net10 but they don't offer bis service so no Internet or email without it. Opera is okay but not good enough.

Part of the exclusive Z30 loyal order of Water Buffalo club..
    06-06-16 08:12 PM
    I would love to still use my 9900 but there is no way for me to get around not having BIS, I have net10 but they don't offer bis service so no Internet or email without it. Opera is okay but not good enough.

I was on Ting and they didn't support BIS, either. I added a line to my wife's plan on Verizon just to be able to use a 9930!

dierre likes this.
    06-06-16 08:24 PM
    They are talking in another thread about PKB's not being as "reliable" but who here has had a major failure with a keyboard, and by this I mean a key not popping back up again or a button falling off? I sure never had!

And I do not mean the "double typing" issue that some had because for me, a software issue fixed this on my 9780 and I didn't have it with the others.

I mean a REAL PHYSICAL failure? I am not denying they cannot ever happen but I bet they aren't all that common. I know that eventually anything mechanical in nature will have to be replaced but it seems to me, these keyboards outlast a device's relevancy, perhaps even longevity of some companies!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-16 08:29 PM
    From the CB article "Kim Kardashian might have to give up her BlackBerry Bold:" "During a new interview with Recode's Kara Swisher on Swisher's Recode Decode podcast, Kardashian noted it's getting hard for her to find Bolds on eBay and she might soon have to give up on that glorious keyboard as noted by The Verge." All I can say is... "Blame Ralph!"
    Last edited by David Tyler; 06-06-16 at 10:19 PM.
    06-06-16 08:34 PM

Getting the built-in browser working on a regular data plan is a pretty simple procedure, but email is more difficult, and LogicMail won't satisfy everyone's needs.
    06-06-16 08:37 PM
    From the CB article "Kim Kardashian might have to give up her BlackBerry Bold:" "During a new interview with Recode's Kara Swisher on Swisher's Recode Decode podcast, Kardashian noted it's getting hard for her to find Bold's on eBay and she might soon have to give up on that glorious keyboard as noted by The Verge." All I can say is... "Blame Ralph!"
    Hahahaha there are plenty on Canadian Ebay. I have a white 9780 she can have, IF she feels like flying to Canada ...... naaa I changed my mind......I'm keeping it

06-06-16 08:39 PM
    They are talking in another thread about PKB's not being as "reliable" but who here has had a major failure with a keyboard, and by this I mean a key not popping back up again or a button falling off? I sure never had!

And I do not mean the "double typing" issue that some had because for me, a software issue fixed this on my 9780 and I didn't have it with the others.

I mean a REAL PHYSICAL failure? I am not denying they cannot ever happen but I bet they aren't all that common. I know that eventually anything mechanical in nature will have to be replaced but it seems to me, these keyboards outlast a device's relevancy, perhaps even longevity of some companies!!

I think physical keyboard failures like you describe are the exception and not the rule.

None of the BlackBerry phones I've owned that had physical keyboards have had such a failure. And I've owned a 8530, a 9810, 2 9930s, a Q5, and 3 Q10s. One Q10 - a white Verizon model - had the double-typing problem but if I had kept that it likely would have been resolved with an OS update. They have all been rock-solid and taken whatever I've thrown at them.

The 9930, of course, has provided the most amazing physical keyboard experience of them all. I look for excuses to type on this beast because it's such a joy.

In fact, I should probably wrap up this post now but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. I mean, I am typing more accurately and efficiently than I ever could on a virtual keyboard. It's just...awesome.

06-06-16 08:42 PM
    Please explain how for using the Web browser and email, thanks in advance.

06-06-16 09:05 PM
    Please explain how for using the Web browser and email, thanks in advance.

See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/

LogicMail is covered in post #2 (and the links in that post).

Getting the browser working without BIS is covered in post #9.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-06-16 09:22 PM
    I'm sorry but where is post nine for the Internet workaround, I don't see anything numbered or am I must missing it?

06-06-16 09:53 PM
    I have a Z-30 for two years now, but I still have my beloved 9900. One question is that every time that I try to open the BlackBerry World app, it says that I do need to update the app. I try it, BlackBerry browser opens and nothing really happens. I have OS 7.1 (the latest) on my 9900. But I don't have a BIS plan anymore. Just o
    OTA. Any idea why is this happening? Thanks, and BBOS forever!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 10:03 PM
    I'm sorry but where is post nine for the Internet workaround, I don't see anything numbered or am I must missing it?

You must be missing it. Click this link!
    06-06-16 10:05 PM
    I have a General question about cell signals. More of a concern for the future. Someone mentioned (no idea if true) that providers might be closing EDGE and GPRS in a few years?? I have H+ but my concern is you know how when you are in a "fringe" area, like an elevator, and the signal reverts back to Edge and you can at least make a call.

So what would happen after this. You would always have to wait for a clean strong signal if this happens right?

I've just read about it few weeks ago. You will be able to make calls still on edge, but there will be no more data transfer via this technology(EDGE(GPSRS)(in some countries 2G).

This is due to the fact, that mobile carriers transferring their bands(frequencies) to be compatibility with LTE(4G) technology. In a large simplification. So don't worry, you will be able to make calls still.

I'm curious, because when I pay in shop via credit card they use the payment terminal(?). And it uses to communicate a gprs signal - so, they can not disabel totally the gprs signal I think?
    Hmmm, I have to read about it.
    06-06-16 10:12 PM
    Also Ralph, I remember. That you were asking something about Tapatalk setting, precisely speaking - post per page view, etc. You can set it as you want, without any issues.

I've set up 20 post per page, font size 20 and no problems at all.

PS. Funny thing I see here(for me). As I live far away from US(in Europe) my Tapatalk shows me, that my post in CB forums are posting in the past now, because CB timezone is set on US(?) location. Although in Europe(Poland) we have 5 A.M. of 7 June.

So, I can say that... I come from the future!
    06-06-16 10:15 PM
    OK so when you say Internet service you're meaning the email service or browsing with the stock browser as well?

06-06-16 10:31 PM
8,754 ... 3132333435 ...