So...just basically tech forums or for any subject? I was only on a couple bulletin board forums in the past and no idea who hosted them, never really cared until now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes. Pretty much a fountain of information. Anything and everything you want to know about anything you're into at the time.

06-05-16 08:29 PM
    Am I the only one who has sub-par video quality when I watch a Youtube video? When I play them on my ipad they are razer sharp, but not on the 9900. Mind you sometimes they are sharp! Maybe a wifi slowdown issue?

Here is a screen shot from a video I shot today of the new Mustang GT350's and it has been uploaded to my YOutube.

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    06-05-16 08:39 PM
    Well, it seems that Amazon sent mushroom_daddy and idssteve a passcode via email. So maybe the trick would be to go into your Amazon account through a web browser, find the devices connected to kindle, and remove the Bold 99xx from the list. Then -- if the theory is correct -- when you try to log in, Amazon should see it as a new device, and send the one time password like it did for them.
    YES!!!!' It LIVES!!!! Kindle works and I am HAPPY! Thank you. My 9930 rides again.
    anon(8063781) and dierre like this.
    06-05-16 08:46 PM
    I don't know if that's a good sign in a lot of ways. The whole Classic development started when corporate clients and companies who still utilize large fleets of Blackberry's wanted the toolbelt back. The major financial and law firms in markets like NY, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Calgary (financial + energy) etc wanted a 9900 like replacement.

The launch for the Classic actually occurred on Wall Street as a show of their commitment to the customers and the focus was getting clients off their 9900's and to the Classic. I don't want to ignite a debate of BBOS vs BB10 and thankfully that hasn't happened yet on this thread, but for reason, some of them we may even know, the transition for BBOS users onto BB10 hasn't been good at all. Blackberry has only sporadically ever broken down sales in terms of corporate vs consumer. I believe I have heard the most recent numbers are approx 25-30 million users and about 80% are corporate clients. For the last several quarters the sales figures were about 70-75% of device sales as BB10.

Perhaps the total BB10 count globally just isn't large enough for Blacberry to continue any development past the latest release coming soon. If they had 25+ million B10 devices out there globally at least that's a somewhat serviceable market for the odd update here and there with the hopes of new sales etc.

Ahh well. For those who are interested the Classic launch video talks a lot of the 9900 vs Classic and the comparisons. Good video and most of the good stuff is covered quickly.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    Very interesting, thank you for sharing. Even though as a personal user I love both the 9900 and the Classic, as someone who works in finance, I can see how companies wouldn't feel the benefit to upgrade to the Classic or even Q10. For e-mail and business communications, the 9900 does everything you need really. Is it really worth the price for companies to upgrade? Just my perspective.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 08:50 PM
    We should see which one of us spots someone in public with a Legacy or any Blackberry and ask them if they know about CB.

If I was going to do it again I would order a white 99, they are just so RARE in the wild. But then, of course, you do not get the rubbery grippy border on the outer back edges. Definately makes me feel more secure if out walking, etc. over sidewalks with a nakey device.

06-05-16 10:06 PM
    Tell me about it!

If I could do it all over again, I would've bought a 9900 and stuck with the 9900 until now! This would've saved me so much $$ and time it's sickening.

06-05-16 10:33 PM
    Another soul joins the Bold tribe: https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...disconnection/

I guess my response is that you're not really disconnecting with a Bold. There are a lot of apps. It's not a flip phone.
    idssteve and dierre like this.
    06-05-16 10:59 PM
    YES!!!!' It LIVES!!!! Kindle works and I am HAPPY! Thank you. My 9930 rides again.
    Great! Just so others know, I entered my usual amazon password several times before noticing Amazon was sending the one-time code to my email. Entering the code they had sent to my email did the trick. Normal password still work like always. Their use of "password" initially confused me. Easily done. Lol.
    06-05-16 11:07 PM
    Let's fix my kindle app then. I have it installed. Years ago, it worked following the install, plug into usb then unplug trick. Now it just says wrong password. What am I missing? Help! This is the missing piece for me. I live on kindle 😀
    Same happened to me. Turns out my Amazon password, which has always worked, does not meet Amazon's requirements. I changed my Amazon password , and then Kindle logged on just fine.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-05-16 11:07 PM
    Another soul joins the Bold tribe: https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...disconnection/

I guess my response is that you're not really disconnecting with a Bold. There are a lot of apps. It's not a flip phone.
    Go figure! Priceless. Lol. I really liked:

"The BlackBerry Bold 9900.
    A masterpiece, the legend of legends, the
    iconic physical keyboard phone optimized for
    most the efficient communication ever."

Who'd a thunk? Lol.
    06-05-16 11:21 PM

Blame it on Ralph! Lol

Btw, where can we get "Blame it on Ralph" Tshirts? CB store??
    06-05-16 11:31 PM

Hey guys, hope you liked my Lil write up! Glad to be on board.

And yes I know there's apps but it sounds like I highly doubt I'll be able to find 150+ or so like I have on my android smartphone and I highly doubt I will be as distracted by the ones I do download as I am now. I spend way too much time engrossed in my phone.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    06-05-16 11:56 PM
    Hey guys, hope you liked my Lil write up! Glad to be on board.

And yes I know there's apps but it sounds like I highly doubt I'll be able to find 150+ or so like I have on my android smartphone and I highly doubt I will be as distracted by the ones I do download as I am now. I spend way too much time engrossed in my phone.

Posted via CB10
    We are the very definition of distracted!
    MikeLip likes this.
    06-05-16 11:59 PM
    Blame it on Ralph! Lol

Btw, where can we get "Blame it on Ralph" Tshirts? CB store??
    lols ya I should be getting paid for this

I originally wanted a little break from all the notifs from 49 apps on my iphone but NOW with the 9900 the apps I have just make more noise

Blame the Lack of meaningless apps!

06-06-16 02:06 AM
    I get the same issue with crappy quality Youtube vids, and I have super bast internet.
    06-06-16 04:42 AM
    Great! Just so others know, I entered my usual amazon password several times before noticing Amazon was sending the one-time code to my email. Entering the code they had sent to my email did the trick. Normal password still work like always. Their use of "password" initially confused me. Easily done. Lol.
    That is exactly what happened to me. And since I wasn't,'t paying attention to email, the one time passwords Amazon was sending expired before I saw them. So, don't be me ��. Thanks again!
    06-06-16 04:50 AM
    I get the same issue with crappy quality Youtube vids, and I have super bast internet.
    Thanks I was wondering about that. Its not a major thing because I know I prefer to check out vids on the ipad, but still curious.

06-06-16 10:36 AM
    I have a General question about cell signals. More of a concern for the future. Someone mentioned (no idea if true) that providers might be closing EDGE and GPRS in a few years?? I have H+ but my concern is you know how when you are in a "fringe" area, like an elevator, and the signal reverts back to Edge and you can at least make a call.

So what would happen after this. You would always have to wait for a clean strong signal if this happens right?

06-06-16 12:53 PM
    I just wanted to say that this is an awesome thread. I've got my 9900 up and running again and working well for the most part. I've run into some issues with a few apps (LogicMail won't work with my Fastmail email account, it seems) and the Audible app isn't working but other than that, it's great to be using the 9900 again! :-)
    MikeLip likes this.
    06-06-16 01:44 PM
    I just wanted to say that this is an awesome thread. I've got my 9900 up and running again and working well for the most part. I've run into some issues with a few apps (LogicMail won't work with my Fastmail email account, it seems) and the Audible app isn't working but other than that, it's great to be using the 9900 again! :-)
    Welcome to the ranks of Moldie Boldies!

Please join us in blaming Ralph!

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    06-06-16 02:05 PM
    I just got my Bold 9930!! WooHoo!!
    It is currently on the charger so I decided to on it a little to get familiar.

WiFi is turned on and I went to see if I could set up my work email (MS Exchange) and I received the following message: "! Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider". Do I just ned to activate it with VZW and move forward? I was able to activate over wifi on the Q10 and Classic, but I have to remember this could be a little different. Please let me know.

Thank you.
    06-06-16 02:42 PM
    I just got my Bold 9930!! WooHoo!!
    It is currently on the charger so I decided to on it a little to get familiar.

WiFi is turned on and I went to see if I could set up my work email (MS Exchange) and I received the following message: "! Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider". Do I just ned to activate it with VZW and move forward? I was able to activate over wifi on the Q10 and Classic, but I have to remember this could be a little different. Please let me know.

Thank you.
    Yes, you need to activate it on Verizon and make sure you are connected to BIS before you can set up email.

Congrats and enjoy your 9930!
    06-06-16 02:55 PM
    Thank you! Will watch it after work.
    06-06-16 03:14 PM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-9930.jpgGetting the phone on VZW is easy. Don't even put a SIM in it. Of course you can't simply swap SIMs anyway with the 9930, so don't bother. 3G is fine. Turn off your modern wonder, turn on the 9930, dial *228. Follow prompts and you are on. BIS comes naturally. Nothing else to do. Email setup is straightforward. I love how the handset handles email. Going back is a little more complicated and required a conversation with VZW, but it never took them more than 10 minutes to get me back to my Note. I now have another line in the form of a Passport on TMobile, so I suspect I could do this swap on-line. VZW wants to send a verification txt to do the swap online, but of course with my phone off that's a little hard to do. But honestly, VZW is so easy to deal with I don't worry about it. Meanwhile, I have my 9930 up and running, taking care of business. I love this phone. I am not sure why I like it so much more than my Note 5. Or S6. Or ay of a dozen others. It just rocks. And of all the phones I have, it's the one that seems to attract attention.

Pic taken with my other awesome machine - Passport.
    06-06-16 04:42 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9930.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	401588Getting the phone on VZW is easy. Don't even put a SIM in it. Of course you can't simply swap SIMs anyway with the 9930, so don't bother. 3G is fine. Turn off your modern wonder, turn on the 9930, dial *228. Follow prompts and you are on. BIS comes naturally. Nothing else to do. Email setup is straightforward. I love how the handset handles email. Going back is a little more complicated and required a conversation with VZW, but it never took them more than 10 minutes to get me back to my Note. I now have another line in the form of a Passport on TMobile, so I suspect I could do this swap on-line. VZW wants to send a verification txt to do the swap online, but of course with my phone off that's a little hard to do. But honestly, VZW is so easy to deal with I don't worry about it. Meanwhile, I have my 9930 up and running, taking care of business. I love this phone. I am not sure why I like it so much more than my Note 5. Or S6. Or ay of a dozen others. It just rocks. And of all the phones I have, it's the one that seems to attract attention.

Pic taken with my other awesome machine - Passport.
    I have VZW and I cannot get my email set up. I am trying to set it up like I did with my Q10 and Classic. I am calling VZW to see.
    06-06-16 05:01 PM
8,754 ... 3031323334 ...