It's all good thanks, just awaiting new battery for my lost and found 99
    06-05-16 02:20 AM
    Trying to post to this forum via Tapatalk on iPhone is truly awful... Keyboard covers up what I'm typing and signature doesn't show, even though switched on. Can't wait to get off it.
    06-05-16 02:27 AM
    A little off topic, but is there a link for the Tapatalk forum? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 02:28 AM
    A little off topic, but is there a link for the Tapatalk forum? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Posted via CB10
    Dude nothing is "off-Topic" for this thread

Do you mean the CB app? It works great for the 9900

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-05-16 02:33 AM
    Dude nothing is "off-Topic" for this thread

Do you mean the CB app? It works great for the 9900

No. I have the CB app for the 9900.

I'm talking about the Tapatalk forum app for all different forums? I used to have it years ago, but I can't seem to find it now?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 02:36 AM
    No. I have the CB app for the 9900.

I'm talking about the Tapatalk forum app for all different forums? I used to have it years ago, but I can't seem to find it now?

Posted via CB10
    does this help....

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...round-1003938/

06-05-16 02:42 AM
    does this help....

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...round-1003938/

A little. I was afraid of this as I belong to a lot of different forums and read probably 80% of the time.

I'm sure there is a work around to get the Tapatlk forum app to work, I just have to work on it a little?

06-05-16 02:52 AM
    A little. I was afraid of this as I belong to a lot of different forums and read probably 80% of the time.

I'm sure there is a work around to get the Tapatlk forum app to work, I just have to work on it a little?

I think Shuswap might know what you can or cannot do on this one.

06-05-16 03:01 AM
    Cool, how long have you had it? What other devices have you used?

Thx. I think same.
    Since 5 months I have one and before and now I used an Classic and Passport (PP black is sold)
    My bold was first just an device for sport and as an music player.
    I really like it from day to day more and more, so I think it comes back. :-)
    My classic is now on sleep modus. lol

Which device do you use prefer?
    06-05-16 03:16 AM

I messaged him that my faith in him as an engineer had been restored.
    Sanity prevails! Haha. As an engineer, I can't function without an RPN calculator. My old HP41CX does most heavy lifting but I only have so much pocket space. Lol. Lygea HP10C RPN emulator app for 9900 provides light duty RPN calcs and is with me everywhere my 99 is. Which is everywhere. Lol. If not already using it, your friend might like it. It's at BlackBerry world. Just search Lygea. Their BB10 version quit working after a BB10 update some time back. 9900 version utilizes PKB nicely. Tell him someone you know jokingly said: "Real engineers don't use no stink'n equals signs!". Lol. He'll get the humor. Even if he is algebraic minded. Lol.

Also, he might have interest in "Unit Converter Pro", also at BB World. If it can't convert it, it's Martian or something! Lol. Another reason I carry 9900.
    Stufer likes this.
    06-05-16 03:19 AM

Which device do you use prefer?
    I prefer the 9900. I also have a 9780 and Iphone 5C (Green)

I use the 9900 for everything as much as possible

06-05-16 03:34 AM
    I prefer the 9900. I also have a 9780 and Iphone 5C (Green)

I use the 9900 for everything as much as possible

Also without BIS? I think it is possible.
    To read mails a can login to my mail support with opera mini.
    06-05-16 03:49 AM
    Also without BIS? I think it is possible.
    To read mails a can login to my mail support with opera mini.
    Bis is included here so I have never had to worry about that. I was using Opera Mini until this week but I do not have a use for it since I bought a screen dimmer app.

What country are you in?

06-05-16 04:03 AM
    Bis is included here so I have never had to worry about that. I was using Opera Mini until this week but I do not have a use for it since I bought a screen dimmer app.

What country are you in?

Germany. Here is BIS going down from vodafone ond o2. No more options to get it.
    06-05-16 04:13 AM
    Germany. Here is BIS going down from vodafone ond o2. No more options to get it.
    There's no options for BIS add ons in ireland, but when i contacted Vodafone they said that BIS is included in their new monthly plans, i also checked with another network here called Meteor and they said that BIS is supported in their monthly plans with no necessary add ons, so i got a monthly plan for �12 which i think is a great deal, it's �13 cheaper than what i was paying while using my Q10. You should definitely contact all the network providers in your country and ask if BIS or BlackBerry Add On is supported on their network, if they tell you that you can use the sim and plan for everything on your phone you should try it out, i was hesitant at first but after a few hours of waiting (maybe about 3) the BIS server was up and running and i had my emails set up and everything. Also if it doesn't work out i think most european countries give you the option of canceling within 14 days free of charge, you'll probably know within the first two days if it's going to work out or not so it should be ok. I hope this helps you.

06-05-16 04:59 AM
    There's no options for BIS add ons in ireland, but when i contacted Vodafone they said that BIS is included in their new monthly plans, i also checked with another network here called Meteor and they said that BIS is supported in their monthly plans with no necessary add ons, so i got a monthly plan for �12 which i think is a great deal, it's �13 cheaper than what i was paying while using my Q10. You should definitely contact all the network providers in your country and ask if BIS or BlackBerry Add On is supported on their network, if they tell you that you can use the sim and plan for everything on your phone you should try it out, i was hesitant at first but after a few hours of waiting (maybe about 3) the BIS server was up and running and i had my emails set up and everything. Also if it doesn't work out i think most european countries give you the option of canceling within 14 days free of charge, you'll probably know within the first two days if it's going to work out or not so it should be ok. I hope this helps you.

You're right. I will contact vodafone and more again. Hope it will be helpful to use BIS asap.
    Thank you very much for your also helpful posting.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CrackBerry App
    06-05-16 05:32 AM
    if you're talking about what I think you're talking abut, the work around is rather than searching for a forum to add by name you do it by domain name. So rather than searching for "The Something Forum" you'd search for "www.somethingforum.com"
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-05-16 07:02 AM

Just waking up on the West Coast....

Tapatalk still works. Here's a link to the app (one link is for a .zip and one for a .jad -- the .jad will install directly on your handset) and here are the instructions for adding forums: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12436305

I've found that you can't add too many forums without bogging it down. If the performance degrades, delete the less important forums.
    dierre likes this.
    06-05-16 07:32 AM
    Lol at the 5 year old threads being opened up again, I guess some of the questions and problems are still relevant.

06-05-16 11:39 AM
    Just waking up on the West Coast....

Tapatalk still works. Here's a link to the app (one link is for a .zip and one for a .jad -- the .jad will install directly on your handset) and here are the instructions for adding forums: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12436305

I've found that you can't add too many forums without bogging it down. If the performance degrades, delete the less important forums.
    Thanks man!!!

It worked (and still working) like a charm! Now I'm trying to remeber all of my login passwords lol!

06-05-16 12:02 PM
    Thanks man!!!

It worked (and still working) like a charm! Now I'm trying to remeber all of my login passwords lol!

Maybe Snowden can help with that
    06-05-16 12:07 PM
    ...on my iphone there may be 800,000 apps but MOST of them are absolute FLUFF, crap we would never use. The beauty of Blackberry OS7 is that ALL the "essential" apps that are important, or that we NEED are there. That's what really matters IMO....
    The tech reviews still like to quote app numbers despite plenty of evidence that it is not a useful metric

http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/22/con...see-heavy-use/
    http://fortune.com/2015/09/24/apps-smartphone-facebook/

There's plenty more data that show that most users, something like 75-80% ditch any particular app after a couple of months. It just goes to to support our assertion that BB has most of the essential apps. Seriously, how long did BB spend at the top, as perhaps the only smartphone vendor. The developers came up with many of the needed apps already.

When I'm running my 9900, I don't feel like I need any more apps than are available. Occasionally I miss not having a good selection of games, but then instead of crushing candy mindlessly, I use the time to THINK, to reflect on what has happened and what to do in the future. A far more productive activity.
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-05-16 01:46 PM
    Now imagine a 9900 with the guts of a BB10 say......a Q10.
    That's practically my perfect phone. I'd buy one!
    Frankly just an updated 9900 with decent camera and workable browser would be really fine. I oddly have no real complaints about BBOS7 , don't really miss much coming back from BB10 , I think I might actually prefer it in many ways. That trackpad powered UI is sooo efficient...
    06-05-16 01:51 PM
    TheQ10 keyboard just isn't the Bold keyboard. The key layout is just not as good.
    06-05-16 04:22 PM
    TheQ10 keyboard just isn't the Bold keyboard. The key layout is just not as good.
    Hahahahahaha!! So true!!!i've scratched , letter pad off my qwerty on th 9900 I type so fast and so often!! ! ! ! Best. The Q10 lags and seems awkward compare to it. Lol
    06-05-16 04:29 PM
8,754 ... 2829303132 ...