OMG!!!! WHAT! That's it, the Q10is GROUNDED!!!!!!!!!! My Lord, that's just disgusting, and I'm sooooo disappointed! (Can i catch anything from that filthy apple???)
    Your Q10 has "tool belt envy." So sad, yet I've seen it time and again; trying so hard to prove something to itself...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-04-16 07:27 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread Ralph. And all the others. It's been great to see all this interest in the 99xx series again. :thumbup:
    06-04-16 07:46 PM
    A shout-out to all my fellow "Moldie Boldies" out there for making this thread a little slice of CrackBerry heaven!

So great to be among positive, energetic fans.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    idssteve likes this.
    06-04-16 07:53 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread Ralph. And all the others. It's been great to see all this interest in the 99xx series again. :thumbup:
    Thanks for being a big part of it, and everyone contributing!!!

It's been a ride.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-04-16 07:59 PM
    "Moldie Boldies"
    Too funny! Almost as funny as my new default pic ^_^

06-04-16 08:00 PM
    lol- in Australia, holding any blackberry makes you a bit of a freak. I wouldn't be able to get my hands on a classic, but would have to trust you! lol. I love the idea of the classic, the sensor thingy and the whole combination of 9900 and Q10. sounds like heaven to me! ( all be it a fat and heavy blackberry) lol
    Yeah, Classic is my second favorite of BB's "fab four". Lol. Toolbelt makes it the best of BB10 for single handed operation, imo. Trackpad is MUCH less frustrating for text boxes, etc. Than Q10. Quite a few folks don't mind the size. Some androids almost need to come with wheels for carrying and step ladders for operating!! Lol. At least our 99s are mature enough to be over the size envy thing. Lol.
    06-04-16 09:44 PM
    Interestingly, here in NYC the 9900 is the Blackberry you see most often. Most financial companies still give these out to employees (unless they have the GOOD app on their iPhone/Android) so you'll see them out and about.

I see Classics and Q10s from time to time, but I've only seen a Priv maybe once.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 09:54 PM
    Interestingly, here in NYC the 9900 is the Blackberry you see most often. Most financial companies still give these out to employees (unless they have the GOOD app on their iPhone/Android) so you'll see them out and about.

I see Classics and Q10s from time to time, but I've only seen a Priv maybe once.

Posted via CB10

I don't know if that's a good sign in a lot of ways. The whole Classic development started when corporate clients and companies who still utilize large fleets of Blackberry's wanted the toolbelt back. The major financial and law firms in markets like NY, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Calgary (financial + energy) etc wanted a 9900 like replacement.

The launch for the Classic actually occurred on Wall Street as a show of their commitment to the customers and the focus was getting clients off their 9900's and to the Classic. I don't want to ignite a debate of BBOS vs BB10 and thankfully that hasn't happened yet on this thread, but for reason, some of them we may even know, the transition for BBOS users onto BB10 hasn't been good at all. Blackberry has only sporadically ever broken down sales in terms of corporate vs consumer. I believe I have heard the most recent numbers are approx 25-30 million users and about 80% are corporate clients. For the last several quarters the sales figures were about 70-75% of device sales as BB10.

Perhaps the total BB10 count globally just isn't large enough for Blacberry to continue any development past the latest release coming soon. If they had 25+ million B10 devices out there globally at least that's a somewhat serviceable market for the odd update here and there with the hopes of new sales etc.

Ahh well. For those who are interested the Classic launch video talks a lot of the 9900 vs Classic and the comparisons. Good video and most of the good stuff is covered quickly.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 10:08 PM
    I don't want to ignite a debate of BBOS vs BB10 and thankfully that hasn't happened yet on this thread,
    A few tried but it doesn't matter because we know what we like and why we like it. They got their reasons and we got ours, but ultimately we are all in the same boat here because you can bet if they kill BB10 they will kill BBOS at the same time.

idssteve likes this.
    06-04-16 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. They probably want to get their stock quotes and other important emails/notifications as fast and efficiently as possible and only Blackberry can do those the best. After all, Blackberry invented mobile email.

When I get notifications for anything they usually go to my BB first, then the ipad Air that is on all the same accounts.

06-04-16 10:26 PM
    Who could fault it? 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1465098317.414436.jpg
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-04-16 10:45 PM
    Interesting. They probably want to get their stock quotes and other important emails/notifications as fast and efficiently as possible and only Blackberry can do those the best. After all, Blackberry invented mobile email.

When I get notifications for anything they usually go to my BB first, then the ipad Air that is on all the same accounts.

They might also have other things to use their other hand for... Like carrying a briefcase, paying fare, opening doors, eating, drinking coffee, etc... 9900 is an old MASTER of single handed comfort!
    06-04-16 10:59 PM
    They might also have other things to use their other hand for... Like carrying a briefcase, paying fare, opening doors, eating, drinking coffee, etc... 9900 is an old MASTER of single handed comfort!
    yup but you know, try as I might, I cannot work it well with my left hand like you could in that one pic. You left handed?

06-04-16 11:01 PM
    yup but you know, try as I might, I cannot work it well with my left hand like you could in that one pic. You left handed?

Nope. Right handed. But left eye dominant. Lol.
    06-04-16 11:38 PM
    I'm in a unique situation where my personal phone is a classic, and my job gave me a 9900, so I'm using both on a daily basis. In my opinion, both are extremely good for productivity, but each is better in some areas.

The Classic just like the Q10 before it tends to overheat when you use social media and other apps. This in effect kills the battery. The 9900 keyboard is slightly better, but I believe the OS 10 is more efficient than OS 7. Being able to swipe to navigate is extremely quick. Regardless, both devices are beasts that are unmatched when it comes to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    Now imagine a 9900 with the guts of a BB10 say......a Q10.

06-04-16 11:51 PM
    A few tried but it doesn't matter because we know what we like and why we like it. They got their reasons and we got ours,
    Exactly. Some of us are (still) using the Bold (or have picked up one recently to see what the excitement's all about) for well-thought-out, logical reasons; others (I'm looking at you, Newfangled!) in part just because we're curmudgeons and like to be different; others because it's fun to change things up switching between phones; and others "just 'cuz." No one's feeling defensive, and no one's challenging anyone's reason for "rockin' the old 99." We really do just wanna have fun with our phones, help each other solve problems, and have a good time reading and writing posts!!
    06-04-16 11:54 PM
    Exactly. Some of us are (still) using the Bold (or have picked up one recently to see what the excitement's all about) for well-thought-out, logical reasons; others (I'm looking at you, Newfangled!) in part just because we're curmudgeons and like to be different; others because it's fun to change things up switching between phones; and others "just 'cuz." No one's feeling defensive, and no one's challenging anyone's reason for "rockin' the old 99." We really do just wanna have a good time with our phones, help each other solve problems, and have a good time!!
    BAM! There ya go! Also many people that use BB10 seem to still have their 9900's in their sock drawer or whatever haha and they are starting to try them out.

I'm actually suprised that some BB10's are having so many issues with apps like Facebook and Whatsapp because this is so much newer than what we use. I don't envy them but I feel them. Because we just never know when ours might start doing the same.

Same boat.

06-04-16 11:58 PM
    BAM! There ya go! Also many people that use BB10 seem to still have their 9900's in their sock drawer or whatever haha and they are starting to try them out.

I'm actually suprised that some BB10's are having so many issues with apps like Facebook and Whatsapp because this is so much newer than what we use. I don't envy them but I feel them. Because we just never know when ours might start doing the same.

Same boat.

I've been having no end with my Q10 with regards to apps!!!! So many times I wondered why not hell I ever went from my 9900, except for the 4G it not been a positive move- I had a great app on the 9900 where I could block individual calls and people, now I have every nutter annoying me lol. Urgh!!!!!!
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-05-16 12:15 AM
    I've been having no end with my Q10 with regards to apps!!!! So many times I wondered why not hell I ever went from my 9900, except for the 4G it not been a positive move- I had a great app on the 9900 where I could block individual calls and people, now I have every nutter annoying me lol. Urgh!!!!!!
    ah ok, interesting BUT YOU KNOW the 9900 .....(wait for it) ......MAY NOT BE PERFECT shhhhhhh Because I actually had to install a call blocker app for spam calls. Now the weird thing is when I first got this 9900 I had a couple calls and I was offered the choice to block them if I wanted, I guess because they were "unknown" or whatever.

Either way its not a major issue, and glad for the apps we do have.

You know, on my iphone there may be 800,000 apps but MOST of them are absolute FLUFF, crap we would never use. The beauty of Blackberry OS7 is that ALL the "essential" apps that are important, or that we NEED are there. That's what really matters IMO.

06-05-16 12:19 AM
    Bought a 9900 for dad to replace his 9700 I snagged it for 10 bucks free shipping! Did it by searching Ebay for sellers who didn't list the model number and found a nice phone nobody was bidding on! Here's a link to the search https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...rot%25253D711-

Posted via CB10
    Doug_M likes this.
    06-05-16 01:27 AM
    I use today also an Bold 9900 and I love it. What a great device, small, light, nice and has all what I need.

David Tyler likes this.
    06-05-16 01:53 AM
    Javelin do you have a link that isn't 5 pages long

But if that's right, it beats any price I've seen for one!!!!

06-05-16 01:57 AM
    I use today also an Bold 9900 and I love it. What a great device, small, light, nice and has all what I need.

Cool, how long have you had it? What other devices have you used?

06-05-16 01:58 AM
    This makes me smile. A work colleague from a nearby town showed up to our usual monthly team meeting a few weeks back. Normally he'd place his notes, pens and beloved 9900 out on the conference table in front of him. On this occasion I glanced across and he'd got some black slab there in place of the 99. I must have stared open mouthed at him from across the room as he looked down at it, looked at me with a wry grin, then shrugged his shoulders. I proudly placed my 9780 on the table and made a mental note to have words with him about this atrocity after the meeting.

However some situation kicked off and we never got to speak. I couple of days later I remembered, and instant messaged him on the pc, demanding an explanation and oh by the way if you have gone to the dark side can I buy the 99 off you as mine was still lost? His reply - err... actually I'm not liking this touch screen gizmo at all. The 99 was back on. Period. I messaged him that my faith in him as an engineer had been restored.
    06-05-16 02:01 AM
    LOLS. Too bad you couldn't have got it, it might have been free

06-05-16 02:05 AM
8,754 ... 2728293031 ...