That's great to know. I'm on gmail with a single calendar so fingers are crossed that when I get the 99 back on line it should sync straight off the bat like it did previously.
    06-04-16 02:46 PM
    Here's a neat experience I had with one of my grandsons last October (posted elsewhere in CB, but with the new Bold enthusiasm, it's worth a repeat, I think...): My oldest son is smart, handsome, and generally very thoughtful and kind; however, he can be a real tool when it comes to poking fun at my BlackBerrys as being "old school." I confess I don't win any points by arguing, e.g., that if Android thought of their consumers as grown-ups, they'd allow app permission control. ANYWAY... oldest grandson has some kind of Android slab, and he came to me outside his father's earshot to admire my Passport and its pkb. "I just like looking at all kinds of phones," he said. "Well," I replied, whipping out my 9900, "what do you think of this little jewel?"

He got this huge grin on his face, and his eyes simply lit up. I showed him the toolbelt, BBM, how emails are handled, the fact that you could swap out the battery -- he LOVED it! I told him there were apps it couldn't run, but that not that long ago, when people said "smartphone," a legacy BlackBerry like the Bold 9900 is what they meant. The thing he loved the most..? The keyboard -- of course! He marveled at the beveling, and kept gently running his fingers over it.

Later, he told me he thought most apps are "cool, but kind of a waste of time."
    Stufer and Doug_M like this.
    06-04-16 03:50 PM
    Here's a neat experience I had with one of my grandsons last October (posted elsewhere in CB, but with the new Bold enthusiasm, it's worth a repeat, I think...): My oldest son is smart, handsome, and generally very thoughtful and kind; however, he can be a real tool when it comes to poking fun at my BlackBerrys as being "old school." I confess I don't win any points by arguing, e.g., that if Android thought of their consumers as grown-ups, they'd allow app permission control. ANYWAY... oldest grandson has some kind of Android slab, and he came to me outside his father's earshot to admire my Passport and its pkb. "I just like looking at all kinds of phones," he said. "Well," I replied, whipping out my 9900, "what do you think of this little jewel?"

He got this huge grin on his face, and his eyes simply lit up. I showed him the toolbelt, BBM, how emails are handled, the fact that you could swap out the battery -- he LOVED it! I told him there were apps it couldn't run, but that not that long ago, when people said "smartphone," a legacy BlackBerry like the Bold 9900 is what they meant. The thing he loved the most..? The keyboard -- of course! He marveled at the beveling, and kept gently running his fingers over it.

Later, he told me he thought most apps are "cool, but kind of a waste of time."
    haha ya that reminds me of one of the girls that works at "my" cafe, she was asked by someone which cell format she liked the best and if she "had to go back to one which would it be" and she said "I would choose Blackberry just for how it functions" and then something about "missing it" because it truly is addictive, and others realize this despite not admitting it, or admitting it at first when asked.

I think MANY like us have fond memories of these devices and it is funny how people always feel obligated to buy newer or the "latest thing." But many of us don't get bored so quickly, say .....if something works good. Others try a newer glass slab and after getting bored with it, they switch to one of these PKB's. (I think that is why many of us are in here now?) I am betting that MANY in here have been too embarrassed to be seen with one in public becauuse I think one of the biggest reasons for choosing a device is "keeping up with the neighbours" mentality. Summed up they are ashamed to be seen with a device older than a year or two old.

This IS what I noticed when I came back to the forums and started posting here and I didn't care what others thought, if i like something I LIKE it period. It was damn fun to use this device and I was posting no matter what!

The amazing people in here have proven to me that it does not matter what others think. It shows we have a logical outlook on what we prefer to use and I am just happy to find out I was not alone haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Stufer likes this.
    06-04-16 04:08 PM
    I still have so much to learn about this device it isn't even funny! There is so much to it its crazy!

definately not "dead and forgotten" by a long shot!

06-04-16 04:10 PM
    I'm in a unique situation where my personal phone is a classic, and my job gave me a 9900, so I'm using both on a daily basis. In my opinion, both are extremely good for productivity, but each is better in some areas.

The Classic just like the Q10 before it tends to overheat when you use social media and other apps. This in effect kills the battery. The 9900 keyboard is slightly better, but I believe the OS 10 is more efficient than OS 7. Being able to swipe to navigate is extremely quick. Regardless, both devices are beasts that are unmatched when it comes to productivity.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 04:14 PM
    ...The amazing people in here have proven to me that it does not matter what others think. It shows we have a logical outlook on what we prefer to use and I am just happy to find out I was not alone haha.
    It also shows (as I've said before) that positive, upbeat enthusiasm can be every bit as contagious as cynicism and ridicule. Thanks, Ralph (and Dallin, and idssteve, and Shuswap, and goodahyeh, and the others who were quietly posting here, waiting for it to get hip again... ) for making it happen.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-04-16 04:24 PM
    Guys , I must say , it is feeling like CB again !!
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-04-16 04:33 PM
    I have to admit, if I ever dropped my 9900 I would probably just use my 9780, or until I fix the 9900.

The love is strong for these ones..

06-04-16 05:39 PM
    I was just thinking about getting a Blackberry 9900 again.. I had one and I lost it in a cab... I was sooooo MAD hahaha. I have all the lastest BB10 devices but I remember that 9900 keyboard and it was GLORIOUS... I don't like how the Classic's keys are cut at an angle, and the Passport is just a bit too wide for truly fast typing... :: opens craigslist ::
    06-04-16 05:42 PM
    I was just thinking about getting a Blackberry 9900 again.. I had one and I lost it in a cab... I was sooooo MAD hahaha. I have all the lastest BB10 devices but I remember that 9900 keyboard and it was GLORIOUS... I don't like how the Classic's keys are cut at an angle, and the Passport is just a bit too wide for truly fast typing... :: opens craigslist ::
    so how are the prices there?

Are you big into Social Media or more texting, messaging or emails?

06-04-16 05:46 PM
    So my Tapatalk settings just popped up and said "you are having problems connecting" and I'm really not I noticed I have my posts per page set to 10. What about you guys? If I set it to 20 would the pages take 30 minutes to load or any other issues?

06-04-16 05:51 PM
    Again, as long as I don't try and use too many apps, the 9900 absolutely kills it for a phone! Emails, text and general forum reading are second 2 none imo.

I also have 2 batteries (waiting on the 3rd) and and an external charger for the 2nd battery. I have 2 charging pods on the way and will have one in the bedroom and one in my home office once they get here.

While at home, I'll reach for the Priv, Classic or iPhone 6s Plus to surf the web or do the app thing. All this with my little beast of a 9900 close by!

The size, weight and keyboard keep me loving my 9900 and I don't see myself leaving for a while!!!

06-04-16 05:54 PM
    Got to say....I have kept my 9900 for my spare sim, and I often just pick it up and play with it....almost like a 'lost love'. (slap! It's a phone!). I have a Q10 now and our relationship has been turbulent to say the least. I want to leave the relationship but i'm unsure- I like the look of the classic and i'm a qwerty girl.....or should I just (buy a new battery first a my 9900 is dead within an hour), go back to my old love. HELP!! This thread is causing me to rethink everything!! Warmly k
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-04-16 06:11 PM
    Again, as long as I don't try and use too many apps, the 9900 absolutely kills it for a phone! Emails, text and general forum reading are second 2 none imo.

I also have 2 batteries (waiting on the 3rd) and and an external charger for the 2nd battery. I have 2 charging pods on the way and will have one in the bedroom and one in my home office once they get here.

While at home, I'll reach for the Priv, Classic or iPhone 6s Plus to surf the web or do the app thing. All this with my little beast of a 9900 close by!

The size, weight and keyboard keep me loving my 9900 and I don't see myself leaving for a while!!!

Pretty similar setup myself. Safe to say, critical communications WILL happen.
    06-04-16 06:17 PM
    Got to say....I have kept my 9900 for my spare sim, and I often just pick it up and play with it....almost like a 'lost love'. (slap! It's a phone!). I have a Q10 now and our relationship has been turbulent to say the least. I want to leave the relationship but i'm unsure- I like the look of the classic and i'm a qwerty girl.....or should I just (buy a new battery first a my 9900 is dead within an hour), go back to my old love. HELP!! This thread is causing me to rethink everything!! Warmly k
    Rumour has it your Q10 has been cheating on you with an Iphone from Facebook! So I think the decision is pretty clear, besides the 9900 is a badass in black, and pretty loyal. It needs love NOW!

06-04-16 06:21 PM
    The 9900 is better than an old flame. You can replace all the defective parts.

Actually, for the most part, its lovable traits and annoying tendencies will all still be there, just like when you left. Why'd you leave again? Oh yeah. That shiny new guy.
    helenahubert likes this.
    Go for the new battery !

You can't go wrong - they are not expensive and you never have enough batteries.
    20 apps and counting on mine, everything is just groovy.

helenahubert likes this.
    What OS should I be on for the 9930? I see a bunch online but I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 06:24 PM

Well, Classic is a fine device in its own right. It's really what the Q10 should have been, IMO. I, personally, find it to be too large and too top heavy for comfort. Not impossible, but ... If you're used to the Q10 & 9900 sized handsets, I'd recommend finding a way to hold and use a Classic before spending $$ IMO. For the price of an inexpensive battery it seems pretty painless to try the old 99 again. . All depends on apps you might need. ??

I use four of BB's best: 99, PP, Z30 & Classic. Sitting side by side on the desk, 99's the one my hand reaches for 99% of the time. THE Critical Communications powerhouse, IMO. The "lesser" devices fill in as needed. .
    helenahubert likes this.
    06-04-16 06:43 PM
    What OS should I be on for the 9930? I see a bunch online but I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    AFAIK, 7.1.0.1066 is the latest for Verizon 9930. Its what's in mine. Very stable. Good battery life. Etc.
    06-04-16 06:52 PM
    Rumour has it your Q10 has been cheating on you with an Iphone from Facebook! So I think the decision is pretty clear, besides the 9900 is a badass in black, and pretty loyal. It needs love NOW!

OMG!!!! WHAT! That's it, the Q10is GROUNDED!!!!!!!!!! My Lord, that's just disgusting, and I'm sooooo disappointed! (Can i catch anything from that filthy apple???)
    Last edited by helenahubert; 06-04-16 at 07:09 PM.
    06-04-16 06:54 PM

This is my plan: use the 9900 (coming next week!!) as a phone and then priv as a tablet of sorts for apps and that crap.. only shortcoming I see will be loss of a photography camera while out and about (I'm a photographer, mostly mobile, these days)

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 06:56 PM
    Well, Classic is a fine device in its own right. It's really what the Q10 should have been, IMO. I, personally, find it to be too large and too top heavy for comfort. Not impossible, but ... If you're used to the Q10 & 9900 sized handsets, I'd recommend finding a way to hold and use a Classic before spending $$ IMO. For the price of an inexpensive battery it seems pretty painless to try the old 99 again. . All depends on apps you might need. ??

I use four of BB's best: 99, PP, Z30 & Classic. Sitting side by side on the desk, 99's the one my hand reaches for 99% of the time. THE Critical Communications powerhouse, IMO. The "lesser" devices fill in as needed. .
    lol- in Australia, holding any blackberry makes you a bit of a freak. I wouldn't be able to get my hands on a classic, but would have to trust you! lol. I love the idea of the classic, the sensor thingy and the whole combination of 9900 and Q10. sounds like heaven to me! ( all be it a fat and heavy blackberry) lol
    idssteve likes this.
    06-04-16 06:57 PM
    AFAIK, 7.1.0.1066 is the latest for Verizon 9930. Its what's in mine. Very stable. Good battery life. Etc.
    Perfect. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 07:09 PM
8,754 ... 2627282930 ...