@Ralph Morgatch
    What town is your electronics supplier? I'm guessing if that have a great stock of BlackBerry parts, somewhere in Canada?
    I did give them a shoutout about 5 pages back complete with pics of inside the store and the Blackberries they offered and others but good luck finding it now It is Maple Electronics in Saskatoon but I am hoping they stock all the parts for me and me alone

Agreed about the Q10. They had one when I bought my 9900 and I just didn't like how the gestures on the Q10 worked. I realize there is about a 5 day "learning curve" but I just didn't want to bother re-learning something for when I am in a hurry and wand to perform a task on a device. I insisted on 2 things, the trackpad and the Back Button.

Love the TrackPad, my bad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-03-16 11:53 PM
    Oh ya, and one feature I LOVE about Blackberry is being able to send about 15 photos in an email! What a difference compared to ios where I was limited to 5 pics per email!

06-04-16 12:12 AM
    Whoa, well....was that a BRAND NEW battery? If so it might take some time for it to fully condition because it was probably sitting in a warehouse for 3 years, who knows. I am able to go until 6 pm or so but as you suggest, it is nothing to pop a fresh battery in.

Yes, it was sealed and brand new. I know they take a week or so to condition so I'm hopeful.

It is nice to have a spare battery to just pop in though. I love the this freakin phone!
    idssteve likes this.
    06-04-16 12:19 AM
    Yes, it was sealed and brand new. I know they take a week or so to condition so I'm hopeful.

It is nice to have a spare battery to just pop in though. I love the this freakin phone!
    Yup you got the Bold fever allright!

SIDE EFFECTS may include: high elation levels of happiness, fun, Texting, having apps still work when some BB10's don't, friendliness, people with iphones looking oddly at us, Teenagers asking "what the hell is that thing," and immense satisfaction.

Mind you, don't get your hopes up TOO high about battery life. Mine is pretty much in constant use and I sometimes get 7-8 hours total. It can greatly depend on wifi constantly searching for a signal or fringe areas for a tower signal, etc.

06-04-16 01:12 AM
    Ya, I think a lot has to do with me being in the honey moon phase and I can't keep my hands off of it.

I'm still testing a few things though. I'm still learning it's limits and what I should and shouldn't do with it.

MikeLip likes this.
    06-04-16 01:25 AM
    did you ever happen to see the video I made a couple weeks ago? Kinda testing the limits also, I wasn't left dissappointed.

06-04-16 01:46 AM
    did you ever happen to see the video I made a couple weeks ago? Kinda testing the limits also, I wasn't left dissappointed.

I did. I've watched it a few times actually.

Luckily, I don't do any social media so I don't need FB, Twitter, etc....everything else is coming along great.
    06-04-16 02:09 AM
    New Video made, Wifi speed test and new apps, check the main forum

06-04-16 03:36 AM
    Yup, BB9900 all the way. I even took some photos with its 5mp camera and they were "good enough" for me.
    Strange as it may seem to others but I can read all the small print easily on this small screen but I have a problem squinting too much when I pick up my backup Priv or Nexus X. Great things do indeed come in small packages.
    I am a Boldaholic !
    anon(9721108) and idssteve like this.
    06-04-16 04:01 AM

+1000 for spare battery you can just pop in! The beauty of swappable batteries is that they can be sized for light use days and just swapped out during a heavy use day. That way you're not carting around useless bulk on light use days and can enjoy a compact, light weight handset at all times. AND spare JM1s are really very compact and unobtrusive to carry in pocket.

Embedded battery Classic must be sized for worst case use. That means you're carrying battery bulk you might never really need. Battery is a big part of Classic's weight & size. JM1's diminutive size keeps our 9900s nicely compact & light weight.

Signal can impact battery endurance greatly. I'm frequently using my devices inside concrete & steel, electrically noisy, industrial environments. Low signal, lots of voice, hotspot, etc days, I've burned down a Classic in 5 hrs! THEN what do you do? Add an obnoxious protrusion to the already obnoxiously oversized device? Add a usb wire to our so called "wireless" device?? Talk about throw back to a "wired" age!! Talk about Jurassic!! Lol.

Then, if you burn the embedded battery handset to shutdown, mid call, how long will it be till you can get enough power for reboot & restore contact with a frantic client?? Under 3 minutes for my 9900. NOthing can match that. I was carting a spare external battery pack almost the size of our 9900s for my Classic. Quickly concluded, about a year ago, I'd rather carry a spare 99. Lol.

That spare 99 quickly reclaimed its role as primary, heavy lifting, critical communications. My oversized Classic, Passport & Z30 all take turns for backup, non-critical uses. Most times, I'm 99 only! Most times my embedded battery devices stay on desk, wired to a "Jurassic" wall outlet. Lol.

My 99 is never wired to a wall. It's powered mostly thru battery swaps or charge contact dock stations. Maximum Freedom!! I don't even know if its usb works? If anticipating a heavy use day, or weekend, I'll pop in my infamous 5000mAh extended battery. It adds thickness & weight, tho. I, personally like the added grasp the extended battery ledge provides on the back of the 99. BUT, if reasonably possible, I'll just carry & drop in a compact jm1 and enjoy my compact 99!
    Last edited by idssteve; 06-04-16 at 06:27 AM.
    06-04-16 06:16 AM
    BTW Steve, I don't think the 9900 has a paper membrane under the keyboard does it? Just found my 9780 membrane that I never used and ordered it off amazon years ago to solve the double typing issue, but as stated, the next OS6 update solved it....
    No paper from OEM, AFAIK. Like Shuswap said above, 99s do have membranes. I've gotten lazy, in recent years, & started swapping the entire kb & toolbelt assembly... At the plug... Lol.

The paper I referred to earlier was a "home remedy" for elevating the trackpad so your thumb is less likely to accidentally contact the touchscreen during trackpad use. Accidental contact that too frequently landed on links to "who knows where", in the early days.

Back then, we found that a small piece of folded paper, strategically positioned under the upper edge of the assembly, elevated the trackpad enough to help mitigate that annoyance. Mylar adhesive tape soon replaced paper for this, in my office.

Later keyboards added this additional elevation by design, it seems. I've always heard that a "numb" region in the touch screen around the trackpad had been added to later OS's?? Idk. I do know that annoyance is mostly mitigated now.
    06-04-16 07:12 AM
    @mikelip
    My 9900 is on ATT - started my move for BlackBerry and that's why the micro Sim card got cut when I got my Passport - which is why I requested best adaptor.

@ralphmorgotch
    Well - you're lucky you have the know-how and the parts to fix your BBs - I'm in the middle of iphone/android-land.

Next i'll be looking to take a course in device repair...
    Worth it if I can keep my BBs going.

Posted via CB10
    MikeLip likes this.
    06-04-16 08:33 AM
    @idssteve that extra capacity battery sounds nice! Do you have pics of it ? I wonder if I can still find one to buy
    06-04-16 09:25 AM
    I REALLY hope you are right about Whatsapp after December! I just had so many issues with Viber it became too frustrating, Blackberry and ios Viber. Otherwise it was a great app except if it was the one I am thinking about......you had to SHOUT on the voice clips for the other person to hear them, not cool. But I might be confusing LINE with VIBER, it has been a while since I used them.

I really hope that i'm right too, but because facebook and whatsapp are run by the same company i'm assuming their practices would be the same, Facebook did say the servers would stop after March 31st they clearly haven't if they say the same about whatsapp to get people to upgrade to an android run blackberry or just an iPhone then its only words because it might possibly still work. I don't think i can see myself going changing my blackberry, this is better at so much stuff i can't believe i stopped using it for three years. It's funny how the Porsche Designs are the blackberry phones that have similar resemblance to the Bold series yet you can get the 9900 on ebay for a tenth of the price of a porsche design, i've seen the P9981 being sold for around $400 now, i wonder if they will go even cheaper than that once whatsapp stops support? I'm assuming that will drive the prices down on blackberry devices because Whatsapp is a big part of so many people's lives.

06-04-16 09:53 AM

@ralphmorgotch
    I'm in the middle of iphone/android-land.
    I think this pretty much describes the entire world now

Georgi Stefanov likes this.
    06-04-16 10:51 AM
    Greetings all. My 99, missing in action for 3 years. Then lured away by the Black Slab of Doom. I snapped out of it a few weeks back and got this 8320 as my daily driver. Fantastic and faultless. But living with OS 4.5 not ideal. So I searched again for the 99.

And found it.

Battery toasted, so another ordered. Then the fun starts! Really hoping Whatsapp will still run, if only to keep the wife happy....
    06-04-16 11:24 AM
    Greetings all. My 99, missing in action for 3 years. Then lured away by the Black Slab of Doom. I snapped out of it a few weeks back and got this 8320 as my daily driver. Fantastic and faultless. But living with OS 4.5 not ideal. So I searched again for the 99.

And found it.

Battery toasted, so another ordered. Then the fun starts! Really hoping Whatsapp will still run, if only to keep the wife happy....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...33bb095911.jpg
    Nice! I dig the silver colour. Are batteries readily available for this thing? I wish I had got into Blackberries pre-2011. Alas I was lured by the sleek RAZR's and I bet those couldn't do half as much as this 8320.

I used a Motorola 650 flip from 1997 right to 2007! If we all think the 9900 is old, try putting a Moto Flip 650 on a table at a cafe and see the looks you get, especially at the 9 year point!
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 06-04-16 at 12:21 PM.
    06-04-16 11:56 AM
    Nice! I dig the silver colour. Are batteries readily available for this thing? I wish I had got into Blackberries pre-2011. Alas I was lured by the sleek RAZR's and I but those couldn't do half as much as this 8320.

I used a Motorola 650 flip from 1997 right to 2007! If we all think the 9900 is old, try putting a Moto Flip 650 on a table at a cafe and see the looks you get, especially at the 9 year point!
    Yeah don't think batteries are a problem, one in it is genuine (?) and lasts 4 days. Have got nearly all my old mobiles, including the first one purchased in 1985 if I remember correctly! NEC, battery has got a carrying handle. Still fires up!
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    06-04-16 12:20 PM
    I'm guessing that the app needs to be on the phone and my computer (w/ Outlook). I could not find it in BB World. Hopefully I will be able to make this work.
    Here you go:

https://stillboldblog.wordpress.com/...h-onemediahub/
    06-04-16 12:25 PM
    @idssteve that extra capacity battery sounds nice! Do you have pics of it ? I wonder if I can still find one to buy

They don't seem to be available anymore. We've been using Seidio 3000mAh that are pretty good. Generally bigger + heavier = better, IMO.

Here's a link to an old thread about my experiences with the MPJ 5000, fwiw.

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/5000mah-mpj-aftermarket-battery-1014228/index2.html
    06-04-16 12:32 PM
    +1000 for spare battery you can just pop in!
    Great post! That's one of the frustrations I have with the BlackBerry 10 devices other than the Z10. I'd love my Passport even more if I could swap out batteries -- and different-sized batteries for different days..?? It's one more way RIM was SO far ahead of the game for serious business users.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    idssteve likes this.
    06-04-16 12:52 PM
    Greetings all... Then the fun starts!
    The Bold Army keeps growing! It's like...

World War B!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Stufer likes this.
    06-04-16 12:57 PM
    Thank you very much!! Will Outlook.com and MS Exchange work the same way do you think?

Side note: this is by far the best thread I have ever been on. Everyone here has a great attitude and are so helpful!!!! Thanks everyone.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 01:17 PM
    Thank you very much!! Will Outlook.com and MS Exchange work the same way do you think?

Side note: this is by far the best thread I have ever been on. Everyone here has a great attitude and are so helpful!!!! Thanks everyone.

Posted via CB10
    If you have them set up and working in Outlook on your computer, they should sync with OneMediaHub.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    06-04-16 01:26 PM
    Has there been any new ways of syncing multiple Google calendars on a single Google account to the 9900? I have a Google account with 5 different calendars. I can get my primary calendar to sync but the others will not as per this BB KB ("Gmail� calendar synchronization will only synchronize the primary/default calendar. Shared calendars are not supported"): What is calendar synchronization with Gmail?

At one time Google Sync worked but they turned that off awhile back. So any new tricks or advice on how to sync multiple Google calendars that are tied to a single Google Account on the 9900 in BBOS 7? Thanks!
    Last edited by cngriffin; 06-04-16 at 03:16 PM.
    06-04-16 02:37 PM
8,754 ... 2526272829 ...