...It is small, light, has a removable battery, LCD screen, tool belt and a great keyboard.
    It's fascinating: That formula seems almost eternal for people who want a "work" phone. I'd love to be able to swap batteries in my Passport.
    06-03-16 01:23 PM
    Attachment 401364

Almost ready to become my new daily driver!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    That's a slick looking phone! Enjoy!!
    Frehley likes this.
    06-03-16 01:23 PM
    That's great! I am sure you will enjoy this little beast of a phone!

I have my work email set up and working just fine on my Verizon 9930. It is also Exchange (Office 365).

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Do your calendar and contacts sync as well?
    06-03-16 01:34 PM
    Do your calendar and contacts sync as well?
    No, my Exchange calendar and contacts do not sync natively.

I have to use the OneMediaHub app to get around that. I plan to do a write-up about it on my blog soon.
    06-03-16 02:03 PM
    No, my Exchange calendar and contacts do not sync natively.

I have to use the OneMediaHub app to get around that. I plan to do a write-up about it on my blog soon.
    That's what I was afraid of...bummer.

However, if OneMediaHub is a good work around, then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Can it be set up up to be seemless? Meaning, if I put John Smith in my Outlook contacts will it just show up on the 99, or are there extra steps?
    Sorry, I am so used to my Q/Classic being sync'd through the exchange.

Thanks again
    06-03-16 02:31 PM
    That's what I was afraid of...bummer.

However, if OneMediaHub is a good work around, then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Can it be set up up to be seemless? Meaning, if I put John Smith in my Outlook contacts will it just show up on the 99, or are there extra steps?
    Sorry, I am so used to my Q/Classic being sync'd through the exchange.

Thanks again
    Yes, OneMediaHub does work that way. The only caveat is that it needs to run a sync client on a computer running Outlook so it can push that info to your phone.
    06-03-16 03:22 PM
    sidenote: I was suprised when I discovered the 9900 had a keyboard that had to be plugged it. What could be the possible advantage for this???? Does the Q10's keyboard have to be plugged in?
    I think the plug in keyboard is advantageous because you can more easily replace a damaged PCB, perhaps.

The Q10 does have a plugged in keyboard. However, it is much more difficult to remove and replace. You have to remove almost everything to get to it.
    06-03-16 03:42 PM
    Attachment 401364

Almost ready to become my new daily driver!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    Nice, so what all needs to be done with it to get it ready?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-03-16 03:43 PM
    I think the plug in keyboard is advantageous because you can more easily replace a damaged PCB, perhaps.

The Q10 does have a plugged in keyboard. However, it is much more difficult to remove and replace. You have to remove almost everything to get to it.
    The plug means the keyboard is a self-contained unit that can easily be replaced. It's not integrated with the chassis or motherboard.
    06-03-16 03:55 PM
    The plug means the keyboard is a self-contained unit that can easily be replaced. It's not integrated with the chassis or motherboard.
    I didn't need no stinkin' plug in the 9780's keyboard That thing was so easy to strip down to put my gold chassis on and then back again.

06-03-16 04:32 PM
    Yes, OneMediaHub does work that way. The only caveat is that it needs to run a sync client on a computer running Outlook so it can push that info to your phone.
    I'm guessing that the app needs to be on the phone and my computer (w/ Outlook). I could not find it in BB World. Hopefully I will be able to make this work.
    06-03-16 04:58 PM
    BTW Steve, I don't think the 9900 has a paper membrane under the keyboard does it? Just found my 9780 membrane that I never used and ordered it off amazon years ago to solve the double typing issue, but as stated, the next OS6 update solved it.....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464992008.306026.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464992018.894766.jpg
    06-03-16 05:13 PM
    Who else keeps their original packaging? . Rogers has let me keep this plan since 2011 and that's good because not many offer 5 GB's of data for this price. This plan was with me through the 9780 to iPhone and now 9900. 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464992113.183456.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464992135.346816.jpg
    06-03-16 05:15 PM
    Who else keeps their original packaging? . Rogers has let me keep this plan since 2011 and that's good because not many offer 5 GB's of data for this price. This plan was with me through the 9780 to iPhone and now 9900. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1464992113.183456.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	845.4 KB 
ID:	401380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1464992135.346816.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	863.0 KB 
ID:	401381
    I do! *handraised*

Impressive haul there Ralph!
    06-03-16 05:35 PM
    I'm guessing that the app needs to be on the phone and my computer (w/ Outlook). I could not find it in BB World. Hopefully I will be able to make this work.
    It should be in BlackBerry World.

Here is a direct link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/14817
    06-03-16 05:36 PM
    I do! *handraised*

Impressive haul there Ralph!
    LOL thnx buddy

06-03-16 05:36 PM
    It should be in BlackBerry World.

Here is a direct link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/14817
    I am going to try this again when I get the 99 up and running. Maybe it isn't available because the device is a Q10.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-bb-world.jpg
    06-03-16 05:48 PM
    My first and only entry into BB World is the Classic. I love the way it syncs with Outlook, can see the screen outside and perfect size. Seems like the natural progression for 9900 users. Why would you not upgrade to the classic as the build quality is stellar for the Classic and you can get it in Blue as well. No need for a case have dropped it a few times and no damage
    I can also see my screen outside with my 9900. The 9900 is also really well built (how many years since release, we are still using it). But the Classic is NOT the perfect size, it's like Z30 size which is phablet territory (or was, it is the new normal). Blackberry got it right with the 9900 and Q10 for size. On the 9900, the OS is so perfect for the trackpad and keyboard that I don't even use the touchscreen.
    Plus I can easily swap batteries on the 9900, can't do that with the Classic. Removeable batteries should be a require feature for non-disposable phones!

Black and silver are classic. Cobalt blue, not so much...
    06-03-16 06:49 PM
    Believe me you and I were NOT the only ones trusting that latest Facebook update and there was a multitude of angry people. (just read the user reviews for FB in App World) But at least for Facebook we have the ability to wirelessly put the old version back on with the provided link. I'm not hearing the same luck from some BB10 users.

As for Viber, even on my iphone it would freeze and have issues. I'm savouring every day we have Whatsapp at least until the end of the year and NO ONE knows what will happen after that. Some say it should continue to work, others not. We will see.

When i first went on the Viber website a few days ago i thought that they had stopped all mobile phone apps because they just pushed the desktop app so much on the website. I think Whatsapp will continue to work after december because Facebook was stated to actually stop working on the last day of March but it continues to work, i re-installed Ubersocial, its as good as i remember it. I thought it would have been possible to re-load the older version on BB10 too? i didn't actually care because the BB10 app was bad i think, it definitely used up more battery than the facebook app on the 9900 does and i'm using it a lot on the 9900 instead of on my iPhone. I hope viber make an update because it would be a great second option of Whatsapp does stop working in December, but by logic they should have just said they were going to stop the support for BB10 but continue the support for legacy devices because there's more legacy device users in the world i think, if Blackberry were able to get whatsapp to agree to that i think i'd keep the 9900 for years more, i'm even considering it after whatsapp stops working because this phone is just amazing. I noticed yesterday when i was traveling that the 9900 hated being on EDGE, the same thing happened with my iPhone and i had to re-start both.

06-03-16 06:53 PM
    Well, first full day with the 9900 and it's definitely been an experience.

For some reason I've had a ton of emails, texts, and calls today. My first battery was toast by 12pm (unplugged at 6am). Luckily I had a fully charged backup in my pocket that I'm currently on now. Love the extra battery and charger!!

As long as I don't try and do too much other than talk, text and email, I'm good. I'll report back a little later.

06-03-16 07:01 PM
    @curves2000
    Welcome!!! You shared some very interesting BlackBerry history - thank you!

@Ralph Morgatch
    What town is your electronics supplier? I'm guessing if that have a great stock of BlackBerry parts, somewhere in Canada?

Re 9900 - my first BlackBerry - I got a sprint-branded Q10 to have handy to replace the 4s when it croaks but I didn't like the Q10 at all!!! No way!
    Love my Passport - learn something new about it every day!!!

One thing: do not cut a micro Sim to nano for the PP - can't remove it without a sharp pin! But I went into ATT today and they had restocked their Nanos and they set me up just fine for the PP...

Can anyone suggest a micro adaptor so I can fire up my 9900 when I feel like it....

PS I didn't cut the micro to nano - ATT guy did cuz they were out of Nanos when my PP arrived from BlackBerry spring sale.... thanks!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 07:09 PM
    You don't need a sim if you're on the VZW network. 3G is fine for the Bold.
    06-03-16 07:55 PM
    BTW Steve, I don't think the 9900 has a paper membrane under the keyboard does it?
    The 9900 does have the membrane.
    06-03-16 09:34 PM
    When i first went on the Viber website a few days ago i thought that they had stopped all mobile phone apps because they just pushed the desktop app so much on the website. I think Whatsapp will continue to work after december because Facebook was stated to actually stop working on the last day of March but it continues to work, i re-installed Ubersocial, its as good as i remember it. I thought it would have been possible to re-load the older version on BB10 too? i didn't actually care because the BB10 app was bad i think, it definitely used up more battery than the facebook app on the 9900 does and i'm using it a lot on the 9900 instead of on my iPhone. I hope viber make an update because it would be a great second option of Whatsapp does stop working in December, but by logic they should have just said they were going to stop the support for BB10 but continue the support for legacy devices because there's more legacy device users in the world i think, if Blackberry were able to get whatsapp to agree to that i think i'd keep the 9900 for years more, i'm even considering it after whatsapp stops working because this phone is just amazing. I noticed yesterday when i was traveling that the 9900 hated being on EDGE, the same thing happened with my iPhone and i had to re-start both.

I REALLY hope you are right about Whatsapp after December! I just had so many issues with Viber it became too frustrating, Blackberry and ios Viber. Otherwise it was a great app except if it was the one I am thinking about......you had to SHOUT on the voice clips for the other person to hear them, not cool. But I might be confusing LINE with VIBER, it has been a while since I used them.

06-03-16 11:44 PM
    Well, first full day with the 9900 and it's definitely been an experience.

For some reason I've had a ton of emails, texts, and calls today. My first battery was toast by 12pm (unplugged at 6am). Luckily I had a fully charged backup in my pocket that I'm currently on now. Love the extra battery and charger!!

As long as I don't try and do too much other than talk, text and email, I'm good. I'll report back a little later.

Whoa, well....was that a BRAND NEW battery? If so it might take some time for it to fully condition because it was probably sitting in a warehouse for 3 years, who knows. I am able to go until 6 pm or so but as you suggest, it is nothing to pop a fresh battery in.

Lefty724 likes this.
    06-03-16 11:47 PM
8,754 ... 2425262728 ...