Interesting. I could see there being lawsuits over this, oops, shhhhh

Companies sure have to get stuff like this "right" nowadays. I think every week someone is sueing Apple, I remember tons against Blackberry. I remember a couple of times there would be a US Judge that decided against Blackberry and I was cringing over the results, actually concerned over the decisions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Lol, my brother's attorney was using an iPhone, btw.
    06-01-16 01:27 PM
    [B]
    That's why I won't gn and if Categories gets added to BB10 (as was promised a year or so ago).
    How are Categories different from the Groups in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 01:54 PM
    ... I also had a Passport SE, but felt it was to awkward as one do all phone.
    The SE is a real workhorse, and my "daily driver" work phone -- but it's also a bit of a handful, so I end up busting out the "ol' 99" almost every day for one reason or another, including the fact that the Bold's elegant form factor makes it the perfect carry when I'm wearing a suit!

My plan is to have the 9900 as my main device and the iPhone will be moved to my tablet/media device.
    I bought a second-hand iPad mini for EXACTLY that reason: Media, streaming movies and entertainment on long flights, and the one app I use that's not supported for BlackBerry 10 anymore (NHL Game Center).
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-01-16 03:36 PM
    I really wish the 9900 had something from my 9780, the strap loop. I found this to be a valuable feature when walking and then a case was not needed. In 2011 I put my Nikon camera strap and it can be a tricky task to accomplish, but worth it!
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464818180.714041.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464818195.851624.jpg
    anon(6038817) and David Tyler like this.
    06-01-16 04:56 PM
    Hmm, it might be possible to remove keyboard and find space to carefully drill a couple small openings in the stainless frame. ?? You'd certainly want to de-burr all around so as not to abrade the string. Might even find a safe spot for a "key ring". ?? So long as it doesn't find anything to short out. I'll take a look next time I swap keyboads. Keys are getting pretty worn...
    06-01-16 05:38 PM
    I bought a Bold 9900 last Friday, i have everything working on it now (except viber and foursquare these apps just wont recognize any actions). Did anyone else experience difficulty with setting up Gmail accounts? I had to contact BlackBerry about it. I'm so happy that i made the switch back to this phone, i had it for over two years before i upgraded to the Q10 in 2013. I can't help but feel that there is a slight iOS9 feel to OS7 (i also have an iPhone, it just seems similar in some ways) the native twitter and facebook on OS7 are so much better, i dreaded using twitter on my Q10 because it just made the phone get overheated and lose 10% battery just to open the app to send out a tweet or two. I really think if blackberry had invested more money on the OS7 they could have brought Instagram and other apps that the iphone and android users can't live without. A native Instagram app would have been incredible i think. There are many ways that this Bold 9900 is better than the Q10, lets talk about the web browser for a second, why is the 9900 with a smaller screen much better to browse with than the Q10? and overall the e-mails are also better to read to. I took the advice of one user in this thread about not updating the facebook app and it does work like normal and is also better than the BB10 app.

If anyone has an idea about whats going on with the Viber app that gives me a message that says "your number is not valid, try again" when trying to activate my number? this actually happened with the desktop app too, are Viber experiencing issues?

Sent from my Happy BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-01-16 06:00 PM
    Hmm, it might be possible to remove keyboard and find space to carefully drill a couple small openings in the stainless frame. ?? You'd certainly want to de-burr all around so as not to abrade the string. Might even find a safe spot for a "key ring". ?? So long as it doesn't find anything to short out. I'll take a look next time I swap keyboads. Keys are getting pretty worn...
    I just wish it was something they kept for the 9900
    06-01-16 06:11 PM
    I bought a Bold 9900 last Friday, i have everything working on it now (except viber and foursquare these apps just wont recognize any actions). Did anyone else experience difficulty with setting up Gmail accounts? I had to contact BlackBerry about it. I'm so happy that i made the switch back to this phone, i had it for over two years before i upgraded to the Q10 in 2013. I can't help but feel that there is a slight iOS9 feel to OS7 (i also have an iPhone, it just seems similar in some ways) the native twitter and facebook on OS7 are so much better, i dreaded using twitter on my Q10 because it just made the phone get overheated and lose 10% battery just to open the app to send out a tweet or two. I really think if blackberry had invested more money on the OS7 they could have brought Instagram and other apps that the iphone and android users can't live without. A native Instagram app would have been incredible i think. There are many ways that this Bold 9900 is better than the Q10, lets talk about the web browser for a second, why is the 9900 with a smaller screen much better to browse with than the Q10? and overall the e-mails are also better to read to. I took the advice of one user in this thread about not updating the facebook app and it does work like normal and is also better than the BB10 app.

If anyone has an idea about whats going on with the Viber app that gives me a message that says "your number is not valid, try again" when trying to activate my number? this actually happened with the desktop app too, are Viber experiencing issues?

Then today is your lucky day. There is a very good Client For Instagram on the 9900 and I have been using it for months now. It just went "native" and not more than 20 minutes ago there was an update for it, third update in 2 weeks or so.

As for Viber I had trouble also, Line was worse! Whatsapp is still perfect and so I use that.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464822826.486570.jpg
    dierre likes this.
    06-01-16 06:13 PM

For Viber try this :

Remove Sim from Bold and place into another phone.
    Start phone. ( without active Viber account )

Now start the Bold and open the Viber app.
    Have Viber send the code to the other phone with the Sim , take note of code.

Re-insert the Sim into Bold & start
    Input the code into the Bold.

Check if it works.
    Last edited by goodayeh; 06-01-16 at 07:21 PM.
    06-01-16 07:04 PM
    Just received and activated my Bold 9930 on Verizon. The Verizon representative thought I was crazy but he did it. Keep trying to sell me an iPhone.

Been awhile since I've used OS7.

Going to move all my stuff over from my Passport

I'm all in on the new Bold revolution!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    06-01-16 07:31 PM
    Just received and activated my Bold 9930 on Verizon. The Verizon representative thought I was crazy but he did it. Keep trying to sell me an iPhone.

Been awhile since I've used OS7.

Going to move all my stuff over from my Passport

LOL POST OF THE DAY!

Just remember if there are any problems with your experience there are many others that can be blamed in here

06-01-16 07:37 PM
    Awesome guys!

My new (to me) 9900 comes in tomorrow and then I'll be hanging up the Classic and will be going Bold with it! Can't wait!

I'm sure it's gonna take a little time to transfer everything over but it will be a lot of fun.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-01-16 07:41 PM
    I just found this thread.. I want in! The bold revolution! I'm eyeing the 9900 to replace my PRIV. I posted this on my channel (C0020708C) so I'm just pasting it here:

"This channel has me thinking, nay, inspired..C003013C8

It's about the journey back in time. To simpler times. When cell phones were for communicating not being connected to the Internet. The owner bought a classic BlackBerry 9900. The most stereotypical of BlackBerry devices with arguably the best keyboard of all time. But no apps. Just communication, calls, SMS, BBM, email..

And now I'm tempted to do the same, even after diving headfirst into the connected world with my most recent purchase of a smartwatch where's notifications can plague my wrist. I feel the draw of not being able to check everything about everything. It might be healthy. It will certainly be hard.

The 9900 is a mobile phone. not a mobile computer. Maybe that's a good thing. Time will tell. "

So my questions are this = I'm on t-mobile USA, will the 9900 work on the network or is it wifi only? I heard BIS is dead on t-mobile.. Any other tips or tricks to buying? Looks like a lot of people are getting ripped off on amazon so I'm gonna stick to eBay.
    06-01-16 07:43 PM
    Awesome guys!

My new (to me) 9900 comes in tomorrow and then I'll be hanging up the Classic and will be going Bold with it! Can't wait!

I'm sure it's gonna take a little time to transfer everything over but it will be a lot of fun.

Posted via CB10
    We will demand a FULL report ^_*
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-01-16 07:49 PM
    I just found this thread.. I want in! The bold revolution! I'm eyeing the 9900 to replace my PRIV. I posted this on my channel (C0020708C) so I'm just pasting it here:

"This channel has me thinking, nay, inspired..C003013C8

It's about the journey back in time. To simpler times. When cell phones were for communicating not being connected to the Internet. The owner bought a classic BlackBerry 9900. The most stereotypical of BlackBerry devices with arguably the best keyboard of all time. But no apps. Just communication, calls, SMS, BBM, email..

And now I'm tempted to do the same, even after diving headfirst into the connected world with my most recent purchase of a smartwatch where's notifications can plague my wrist. I feel the draw of not being able to check everything about everything. It might be healthy. It will certainly be hard.

The 9900 is a mobile phone. not a mobile computer. Maybe that's a good thing. Time will tell. "

So my questions are this = I'm on t-mobile USA, will the 9900 work on the network or is it wifi only? I heard BIS is dead on t-mobile.. Any other tips or tricks to buying? Looks like a lot of people are getting ripped off on amazon so I'm gonna stick to eBay.
    As far as I have heard in here, BIS is still available on all the major US carriers or networks, but someone else should chime in on this.

Many including myself have no major issues giving their iPhones a rest and reverting back to this device. I am having no problems after installing almost 20 apps on my 9900 and for the most part it is being used as my "main computer." I made a recent video of what is a on my 9900 and how well it works. (Separate topic, not too far down).

I wanted a break from the multitude of notifications pouring in on my iPhone, and there is nothing wrong with notifications, but they can just become too much. This is part of the reason I went back to a device that I always wanted and where the ESSENTIAL apps still are working fine, but also wanted that smooth legendary typing experience, so here I am. I do however find myself easily hitting my 200 Twitter daily limit and from other notifs as well, but it somehow is more fun on this Blackberry device.

Welcome aboard.
    06-01-16 07:57 PM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464829091.818985.jpg

Don't even ask
    06-01-16 07:58 PM
    Just wish I could find more uses for mine. The 9900 is such a beauty.

06-01-16 08:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1464829091.818985.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	809.6 KB 
ID:	401243

Don't even ask
    That dock looks fab!
    06-01-16 08:31 PM
    ... Keep trying to sell me an iPhone.

...Going to move all my stuff over from my Passport

Stupid Verizon rep.

I really like going back and forth between my SE and my 9900.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-01-16 09:30 PM
    I wanted a break from the multitude of notifications pouring in on my iPhone, and there is nothing wrong with notifications, but they can just become too much.
    Yep. Ralph, there have been a lot of articles about the productivity loss due to constant e-interruptions, especially for jobs in science, engineering, and software development

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-01-16 09:35 PM
    As far as I have heard in here, BIS is still available on all the major US carriers or networks, but someone else should chime in on this.

Many including myself have no major issues giving their iPhones a rest and reverting back to this device. I am having no problems after installing almost 20 apps on my 9900 and for the most part it is being used as my "main computer." I made a recent video of what is a on my 9900 and how well it works. (Separate topic, not too far down).

I wanted a break from the multitude of notifications pouring in on my iPhone, and there is nothing wrong with notifications, but they can just become too much. This is part of the reason I went back to a device that I always wanted and where the ESSENTIAL apps still are working fine, but also wanted that smooth legendary typing experience, so here I am. I do however find myself easily hitting my 200 Twitter daily limit and from other notifs as well, but it somehow is more fun on this Blackberry device.

Welcome aboard.
    BIS is alive on the Verizon network. No problems.
    06-01-16 10:14 PM
    Dang it you people! Stop it with this nonsense! If everyone gets in on this trend how am I going to buy any backups for my 9900 at reasonable prices???

Think about what you're doing here.... you're following Ms Kardashian and hoarding 9900's? What sense does that make? How can Kim have been right all along? Impossible!
    06-01-16 10:17 PM
    Lol. I'm impatiently awaiting my 9900. Tomorrow it will arrive and I will begin the transfer and setup process! Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 10:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1464829091.818985.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	809.6 KB 
ID:	401243

Don't even ask
    Where did you get it? I want one to complete my Bold transition!

06-01-16 10:40 PM
    23 pages & counting and NO BBOS bashing trolls!! This CAN'T be modern Crackberry? What did I click in Calendar App to travel back to 2008? The days of truly addicted berry enthusiasts?? Wonderful to be back!!
    06-01-16 10:54 PM
8,754 ... 2021222324 ...