Strange. My Opera Mini 8.0.35667 has never been anything but total pleasure. I prefer it for posting here because it has zero "character lag" while typing. Of course I don't do CB app or Tapatalk so maybe you'll be ok without your OM. I'd be happy to share settings if you ever try it again?

My native browser once kept reverting to Spanish, a couple yrs ago, and a coworker removed a google app or setting or permission of some kind that stopped the behavior. Idk for sure what he did but he blamed it on something Google. He's since moved back to Mumbai so little chance to ask now.
    Ya it's weird. The version offered to me is 8.0.1 and I went through all the settings so no idea. The only way to get it back to english is uninstall the app, and reinstall, but it never stays on english for long. Ever since they showed "Telstar" or whatever the new owner is, its been trouble for me.

Maybe I will try it in a while again, and I'll Google to see how people rememdy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-29-16 03:37 AM
    And a battery which last half day! No offence

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    My 99s with 5000mAh aftermarket batteries last a solid THREE DAYS of typical use. Of course I frequently avail myself of the compact, light weight, OEM batteries for light use days. True cordless versatility. Please let us know if you find a way to do that with your Priv or Passport? No offense... Lol.
    05-29-16 03:42 AM
    Ya it's weird. The version offered to me is 8.0.1 and I went through all the settings so no idea. The only way to get it back to english is uninstall the app, and reinstall, but it never stays on english for long. Ever since they showed "Telstar" or whatever the new owner is, its been trouble for me.

Maybe I will try it in a while again, and I'll Google to see how people rememdy it.

Might try 8.0.3?? Not sure where I got it but was recommended somewhere in these forums for 9900s.
    05-29-16 03:48 AM
    Might try 8.0.3?? Not sure where I got it but was recommended somewhere in these forums for 9900s.
    Also weird is that I would have thought the App World would always have the latest versions of apps. But I've noticed sometimes we DL older versions and then they send an update later, or so it seems.

05-29-16 03:57 AM
    Also weird is that I would have thought the App World would always have the latest versions of apps. But I've noticed sometimes we DL older versions and then they send an update later, or so it seems.

Yeah, I've noticed that over the years. Pretty sure I got mine from Opera website itself, as advised by someone in these forums, couple yrs ago.

Just now visited and clicked 8.0 link under "Basic Phones" (oh the insults... Lol) and they offered to DL 8.0 but gave no indication of 8.0.x version. I stopped there, tho. Mine's working fine. Lol.
    05-29-16 04:16 AM

Just now visited and clicked 8.0 link under "Basic Phones" (oh the insults... Lol) and they offered to DL 8.0 but gave no indication of 8.0.x version. I stopped there, tho. Mine's working fine. Lol.
    Ok so which do you recommend I install? the "english International" version? or the basic?

[IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

05-29-16 04:34 AM
    Opera mini 8.0.1 working well on my 9900 ... Other than, despite my best efforts Google search does often return results from the NL server (dutch), which is irritating (I'm in the UK) but I have read somewhere else in these forums that that is a quirk of using BIS
    05-29-16 05:11 AM
    Opera mini 8.0.1 working well on my 9900 ... Other than, despite my best efforts Google search does often return results from the NL server (dutch), which is irritating (I'm in the UK) but I have read somewhere else in these forums that that is a quirk of using BIS
    Yes, also last time when I was logging to Gmail via 9900 browser, I received email that Bb 9900 was trying to log in to my account from Holland IP(I live in Poland - about 2000km far away. )
    05-29-16 07:23 AM
    Ok so which do you recommend I install? the "english International" version? or the basic?

http://html><br /> <head><title>301... </html><br />

Hmm, looks like you included an image but I can't seem to get it. Even tried Classic. Lol.

Idk which version I got. ?? Toward the bottom of Opera Mini's page there's a choice of google, apple, windows, or "basic phones". Clicking "Basic Phones" it seemed to self detect I was using a 9930 and offered up 8.0 but provided no more specific version info. Its size is listed as 746.1kb.

If I go back & follow "Other download options" I see "Opera Mini 8 for BlackBerry", again, at the top but further down a little is plain "Opera Mini 8". Following that shows links for "Opera Mini 8 (English (USA))" which reports size of only 310.3kb. Or select "download in another language" and follow to "Opera Mini 8 (English (international)) which is the same size as USA at 310.3.

I'm conjecturing that the smaller sized files might not have other languages like Spanish in them?? Idk, tho.

Also interesting, if I check "About" from opera's help menu, it reports the above mentioned version of 8.0.35667. BUT, Application Management reports 8.0.1. ??? Go figure. Application Management also reports 665.6kb.

Again, personally, I'd try the smaller "English (USA)" version first. But then I'm in USA and this is free advice. Lol. AYOR. Lol.
    05-29-16 09:05 AM
    Steve: about the attatchment, sometimes The CB app offers me to upload the pic as an "attatchment" in which case it works perfectly and other times it only offers an upload as "Attatch via tapatalk" in which case you see what happens above.

Anyway if I do attempt Opera, I'll try the USA version (incert a Trump joke here about Spanish)

idssteve likes this.
    05-29-16 09:54 AM
    Nice! I should also add that my 9900 is on its way out as far as life. It's been thru it all lol. So I'm sure a newer one would be a better test subject.

Also, not to get off topic but how are you using Tapatalk with the 9900? Is there a download? Mine doesn't work anymore...it keeps saying "we're updating" ?
    If Tapatalk starts for you, add forums through the search function. In the browser, search for the forum, and then paste the URL into the Tapatalk search. In the case of CrackBerry, the URL is forums.crackberry.com Do that for any Tapatalk enabled forums you want to add.

All credit for this solution to user Goodayeh.

If Tapatalk doesn't start, there's a working version linked in the Guide to OS7 without BIS. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=996682
    Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS
    Lefty724 likes this.
    05-29-16 10:42 AM
    Yes. I just took a look and can post thru the CB app on my 9900. When posting with my 9900 and the CB app, the signature at the bottom says "posted with my 9900 using Tapatalk". Weird.
    05-29-16 11:15 AM
    Yes. I just took a look and can post thru the CB app on my 9900. When posting with my 9900 and the CB app, the signature at the bottom says "posted with my 9900 using Tapatalk". Weird.
    Yup, you can change it to say what you want.

I am posting this now on my iPad and it says nothing for a signature.
    05-29-16 11:38 AM
    Wouldn't you know it! I charged the 9900 overnight to start my test period this morning. I woke up and my 9900 is dead!!!!! Nothing!

I have tried everything.

So it looks like I may be looking for a new 9900 soon? Like today lol.
    05-29-16 11:46 AM
    Wouldn't you know it! I charged the 9900 overnight to start my test period this morning. I woke up and my 9900 is dead!!!!! Nothing!

I have tried everything.

Battery? If you were using a charging pod maybe it wasn't sitting perfectly straight on the contacts.

I'm wondering if you were too upset about that screen scratch that the poor thing saw the rubber from your car tires
    05-29-16 11:50 AM
    Battery? If you were using a charging pod maybe it wasn't sitting perfectly straight on the contacts
    Not sure? Have it hooked up to my PC now trying to figure it out? The battery was/is only a few months old.
    05-29-16 11:54 AM

I have tried everything.

The battery in my 9930 was DOA. The phone wouldn't turn on even with power connected.

I swapped in a new battery and it started right up.

I would buy an extra battery it two and see if that helps.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    05-29-16 01:22 PM
    I was having problems with having to push down the screen anyway.

I completely tore down the 9900 and reassembled it. Now when plugged into power, I'll get the red light on/off every minute but it still won't boot up?
    05-29-16 01:29 PM
    The battery in my 9930 was DOA. The phone wouldn't turn on even with power connected.

I swapped in a new battery and it started right up.

I would buy an extra battery it two and see if that helps.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    Ya. Nothing worked. Just ordered another battery and see what will happen.

Thanks for the help guys!
    05-29-16 02:53 PM
    The essentials for a perfect day...9900:Resurgence of popularity!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1464557639.242504.jpg
    05-29-16 04:34 PM
    The essentials for a perfect day...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1464557639.242504.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	879.0 KB 
ID:	400967
    Ralph, shame on you - this photo wasn't taken by BB 9900!
    05-29-16 05:22 PM
    Ralph, shame on you - this photo wasn't taken by BB 9900!
    I guess Ipad Air's are good for something besides a nice drink serving tray

05-29-16 06:05 PM
    I was wondering since my local carrier no longer has BIS. Can I use twitter with a regular data plan? Ι've heard there is no problem browsing the web or going to Facebook messenger, But I can't find something for twitter. Lastly, when whatsapp ends support, Will I still be able to send messages? Thanks
    05-29-16 06:58 PM
    I was wondering since my local carrier no longer has BIS. Can I use twitter with a regular data plan? Ι've heard there is no problem browsing the web or going to Facebook messenger, But I can't find something for twitter. Lastly, when whatsapp ends support, Will I still be able to send messages? Thanks
    I would imagine if people can use Facebook or browse the web, why would Twitter be any different? I Use Twitter and FB without a sim card in my other Blackberry but of course this is wifi only, but I'm sure someone might know more.

As for Whatsapp I don't think anyone truly knows what might happen. Some people speculate that when Whatsapp pulls the plug nothing will work and some say that if you keep the App that it might still work, similar to what we have with Facebook. Some with BB10 are experiencing a total loss of useage with the FB app and others "odd things happening" where only parts of the app are not working properly. I can only tell you that I have reinstalled a previous version of the FB app on my 9900 and it is working perfectly when it was not supposed to be. So as for Whatsapp I am hoping it will be buisness as usual but I think it might be a little early to fully speculate.....maybe......I would leave that open to those with greater knowledge also, or who might know exact specifics.

anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-29-16 07:51 PM
    Ubersocial is a Twitter client that works on a regular data plan. The "Twitter" app will only work on wifi if you don't have BIS.

I don't think anyone knows how long Whatsapp will work after support ends. It could be disabled that day. Or, it could function for a couple more years, like Kik did.
    05-29-16 07:52 PM
8,754 ... 1617181920 ...