Ralph, I did the "allow less secure devices" thing, via my PC, enabled imap.
    I do NOT have double layer security enabled.
    Every time I try to set up my account from my 9930 I get the error message saying email or password is invalid.
    Any ideas?
    Shivaji
    I am having the exact same problem trying to connect my Gmail account, shivaji, so it's not just you.
    05-27-16 01:00 PM
    I am having the exact same problem trying to connect my Gmail account, shivaji, so it's not just you.
    Maybe this is the reason of the troubles?

Google Sync End of Life: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716936?hl=en

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 01:15 PM
    Number 2 worked. Hurray !!!!

Thank you Ralph !!
    I very much appreciate your time and effort.

05-27-16 01:27 PM
    Can any one care to share where they got th 9900 for those who purchased recently?
    I got my current used one on eBay. When I decided I really liked it I bought a new one also on eBay (hasn't arrived yet) that was listed as unopened T-Mobile stock. He had 25 to sell and I see they are all sold now.
    05-27-16 01:59 PM

Thank you Ralph !!
    That worked for me, too! Yay!!!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-27-16 02:37 PM
    Can any one care to share where they got th 9900 for those who purchased recently? I've seen some on amazon and ebay, but I don't like the New Other condition. I prefer NIB sealed. I have the OG Passport and the Classic, but after readin this thread I feel like getting the 9900. I do agree with most of you wh say the PKB of the 9900 is the best. Never gave me the crackberry finger. And I do only have a few apps on both my BB10 phones. Only used E-Mail, Text, Call, Bloomberg, LinkedIn, and StockTurbo. That's it. I was thinking of the 9900 or the Samsung S7.
    What service provider will you be using ?
    05-27-16 04:51 PM

Thank you Ralph !!
    Good deal! Let us know how it's working out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-27-16 04:57 PM
    Can any one care to share where they got th 9900 for those who purchased recently? I've seen some on amazon and ebay, but I don't like the New Other condition. I prefer NIB sealed. I have the OG Passport and the Classic, but after readin this thread I feel like getting the 9900. I do agree with most of you wh say the PKB of the 9900 is the best. Never gave me the crackberry finger. And I do only have a few apps on both my BB10 phones. Only used E-Mail, Text, Call, Bloomberg, LinkedIn, and StockTurbo. That's it. I was thinking of the 9900 or the Samsung S7.
    Got mine at a local electronics repair store, private buisness. Everytime I go there they always have tons of used devices, all UNLOCKED and reasonable. They also gave me a free usb charger with it. In December when I went there asking how much it might cost to replace the battery in my iphone 5C, I noticed they had 3 black 9900's and a Q10. I just didn't want to take the time to learn swiping gestures for the Q10 (I demo'd one and hated it) and I always liked the trackpad on my 9780, so the 9900 was the one for me. I picked the one in the nicest condition and negociated $30 off the price. The cool thing about buying locally is that you can physically look over the device and "test drive" it, make sure the screen is ok, etc.

05-27-16 05:07 PM
    Love my 9900, and I've put my iPhone away and use my 9900 instead. Perhaps I'm naive, but phone apps are relatively simple compared to operating systems and office software. I purchased a book on writing bb07 apps and it seems straightforward enough. So I am thinking of writing some Python code on my home server to access my Facebook and whatsapp accounts and that will be the backend, and writing a simple client app for my 9900 to access the backend. It will mean I have to via my home server, but it makes me independent of the silly politics of the software giants. Am I on the right track, or am I missing something?
    05-27-16 05:32 PM
    So this was a nice suprise, my Client for Instagram (YES INSTAGRAM ON THE 9900!) had an update today and now I can even check out IG Vids now.

Iphone? I don't need no stinkin' iphone

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    05-27-16 06:17 PM
    So, the Bold arrived today. It's beautiful. Setup was as idiosyncratic as I remember, but presented no real problems. Had to use Googles new app signin to get contacts to sync, and some crapware I can't dump - big surprise. Man, the app selection has gone to zip. I wanted a navigator, but couldn't complete the wise pilot purchase. I sure don't want VZ Nav, and that, friends, is IT. All else works nicely and i had forgotten how good the keyboard is. For $60, brand new, unbeatable.
    05-27-16 07:42 PM
    So, the Bold arrived today. It's beautiful. Setup was as idiosyncratic as I remember, but presented no real problems. Had to use Googles new app signin to get contacts to sync, and some crapware I can't dump - big surprise. Man, the app selection has gone to zip. I wanted a navigator, but couldn't complete the wise pilot purchase. I sure don't want VZ Nav, and that, friends, is IT. All else works nicely and i had forgotten how good the keyboard is. For $60, brand new, unbeatable.
    App sign-in? Can't recall if I had to do that 6 months ago. I personally don't need any Nav's but we can't have it all I suppose. I can still pop my iphone on the dash if I need that.
    Thats an unbelievable deal for "brand new!" I just checked Canadian Amazon and new ones are still over $200

anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-27-16 07:50 PM
    Yeah, when you're signing in to google with a third party app (and BIS i guess counts) then you need to use their third party app password generator. They started using it a while ago - i noticed it recently on logging SNAP in on BB10. It won't sync contacts off Google without it either. Still, once it's set up it'd done.

BTW - I spoke with Verizon about the whole swapping the bold on and off. He said no problem. Turn off the Bold. Turn on the Note 5. You're on. Turn off the Note 5, turn on the Bold, Dial *228 and activate it. Easy enough. I guess we will how it works. I don't have a SIM card in the Bold, so I'm only getting 3G. Doesn't seem to matter much. I know it's not searing state of the art, but it's still a BB
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-27-16 07:59 PM
    So this was a nice suprise, my Client for Instagram (YES INSTAGRAM ON THE 9900!) had an update today and now I can even check out IG Vids now.
    Yeah I got that update today too. It was indeed a pleasant surprise!
    05-27-16 08:14 PM

Iphone? I don't need no stinkin' iphone

HOLY [expletive]! Native! We're ahead of the game now :P

I just went to their website and sent them a thank you. I don't even use Instagram but it's fantastic that they're supporting BB OS.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 05-27-16 at 09:59 PM.
    idssteve likes this.
    05-27-16 09:39 PM
    HOLY [expletive]! Native! We're ahead of the game now :P

I just went to their website and sent them a thank you. I don't even use Instagram but it's fantastic that they're supporting BB OS.
    It's not Instagram you should thank, it's whomever made the app. Although some thanks may be in order that they're leaving their API accessible.
    05-27-16 10:38 PM
    It's not Instagram you should thank, it's whomever made the app. Although some thanks may be in order that they're leaving their API accessible.
    Agreed. That's who I thanked. The Jared Company. My previous post was a little ambiguous.
    05-27-16 11:21 PM
    Yeah, when you're signing in to google with a third party app (and BIS i guess counts) then you need to use their third party app password generator. They started using it a while ago - i noticed it recently on logging SNAP in on BB10. It won't sync contacts off Google without it either. Still, once it's set up it'd done.

BTW - I spoke with Verizon about the whole swapping the bold on and off. He said no problem. Turn off the Bold. Turn on the Note 5. You're on. Turn off the Note 5, turn on the Bold, Dial *228 and activate it. Easy enough. I guess we will how it works. I don't have a SIM card in the Bold, so I'm only getting 3G. Doesn't seem to matter much. I know it's not searing state of the art, but it's still a BB
    Google is definitely taking security seriously lately. Maybe they have more steps for older devices to ensure security.

You'll probably be on wifi where you go so 3G isn't always a biggie.
    05-27-16 11:21 PM
    Yeah I got that update today too. It was indeed a pleasant surprise!
    It's definitely NOTHING like the iOS IG app, but it's more than welcome! Takes some getting used to.
    05-27-16 11:23 PM
    Agreed. That's who I thanked. The Jared Company. My previous post was a little ambiguous.
    Oh yay now I feel bad I didn't thank them
    05-27-16 11:35 PM
    I got my current used one on eBay. When I decided I really liked it I bought a new one also on eBay (hasn't arrived yet) that was listed as unopened T-Mobile stock. He had 25 to sell and I see they are all sold now.
    Thanks Doug will try to look again!
    05-27-16 11:53 PM
    Experiment 626 I will be using it on T-Mobile. Or maybe AT&T
    05-27-16 11:53 PM
    Got mine at a local electronics repair store, private buisness. Everytime I go there they always have tons of used devices, all UNLOCKED and reasonable. They also gave me a free usb charger with it. In December when I went there asking how much it might cost to replace the battery in my iphone 5C, I noticed they had 3 black 9900's and a Q10. I just didn't want to take the time to learn swiping gestures for the Q10 (I demo'd one and hated it) and I always liked the trackpad on my 9780, so the 9900 was the one for me. I picked the one in the nicest condition and negociated $30 off the price. The cool thing about buying locally is that you can physically look over the device and "test drive" it, make sure the screen is ok, etc.

Thanks for the Tip Ralph! Will tty to look for some, I'd prefer brand new.
    05-27-16 11:55 PM
    That's cool! Probably Amazon or eBay would be better to find a new one.

Man this makes ya wonder how many of these things they made, if there are still NEW ones still available like there is.
    05-28-16 12:26 AM
    This might sound weird but for whatever reason, I would have a used BB but never a used iPhone. Honestly cannot say why ^_^
    05-28-16 12:27 AM
8,754 ... 1415161718 ...