I think we may be witnessing the start of an epidemic. I have my eye on a white 9900...

Join me on BBM!
    05-20-16 02:53 PM
    As well you should! He won't be able to fast-talk his way out of THIS one!!
    haha SURE I probably could I would just say that every new device on BIS could be considered a message to Blackberry to keep it up and running (see I can talk my way out of anything)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-20-16 03:44 PM
    I think we may be witnessing the start of an epidemic. I have my eye on a white 9900...

Join me on BBM!
    NO NO NO thats the white one that I want, stay away from it

05-20-16 03:45 PM
    NO NO NO thats the white one that I want, stay away from it

"Auction Sniper" race? Lol.
    05-20-16 05:15 PM
    "Auction Sniper" race? Lol.
    haha to be honest I have never been in an online auction. If the price is low enough for something I just pay the total price. I have seen some white 9900's on ebay.ca for $60-125 on average. Some can be $150-$300 but I personally wouldn't pay that much.

I see that there are also full white chassis' but most are from China and pretty cheap, less than $20 cheap. I did see one full white 9900 Chassis from England on Amazon, Officially Blackberry and I think it was $45.

I know that from the quality of the full Gold chassis I got for my 9780 in my default photo, it was from China and not the greatest fit and finish, but it sure looks beautiful when new.

05-20-16 05:26 PM
    I've been thinking about going 9900 for a long time now and this thread is making me want to do it more and more. I really only use my phone for communications, occasional browsing, and a bit of music.

If I got a 9900 for t-mobile, will I have 4G? Will it have Wi-Fi calling?
    What's the best extended battery for it? Does OS7 have the dvorak keyboard?
    05-20-16 07:00 PM
    I have my 9900 from T-Mobile and it's still in daily use I proudly carry my 9900 for my Work E-Mail and some other smaller uses. It does have 4G...it does have WiFI Calling and I have two batteries and a side battery charger for it. I've very rarely ever used the 2nd one but it has come in handy a few times. I honestly have no idea what the dvorak keyboard is though sadly. Perhaps someone else can help you with that inquiry.

They'll honestly have to take my 9900 from my cold dead hand Between BlackBerry Travel, Password Keeper, Zello and Spotify...and of course, a fantastic E-Mail program makes it still a fantastic phone. It's not for everyone but I love it. Also with the Sync Pod, makes for a fantastic bed side alarm clock too
    05-20-16 08:07 PM
    I just sold my iPhone 6S Plus. Fantastic phone but I don't use much of its capabilities. I bought a Passport SE as I had a Z10 (my first BB) before and loved BB10. I bought it knowing full well that I am on a downhill ride with it (all the way to the bottom baby!). Love it! Before that I had a Classic briefly as well as a used 9900. I never had BIS and didn't give the 9900 much of a chance before I re-sold it.

But something brought me back and I bought a 9900 (before the Passport) on whim. Now I swap between the Passport and 9900. I'm really getting into the 9900 too. In fact I bought a new one (unopened T-mobile branded one on ePay for $95) which is in the mail as I type this, and I just switched carriers too (Rogers) so I can get BIS. With the Passport I get speed and capability beyond what the 9900 can do, which is great for my work trip into the city once a week. With the 9900 I get a phone small enough I can actually fit it in my front pocket and use one handed! It handles my calls, texts and emails superbly. Of course it does more than that, but I'm a "light" user of apps.

Hopefully the BB10 forums will mirror this one in attitude in the coming years. Probably have a couple more years of "this sucks, move to Android", and "will Blackberry ever update BB10?" In the meantime I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this 9900 renaissance we seem to be experiencing.
    05-20-16 08:31 PM
    Try this with monster sized handsets!

9900 held overhead, in bed, with wife on right arm while texting grandkids at bed time. A cherished routine...

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-p1050165.jpg

My top heavy, oversized Classic would be falling into my face... 9900 is simply perfectly proportioned.
    05-20-16 09:37 PM
    For crying out loud, I just bought a Z30. It's my favorite BB10 phone of the ones I've owned (Q10 is a close, close second).

And what am I using this glorious beast of a device for right now?

I'm using it to shop for 9900s.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    05-20-16 09:50 PM
    For crying out loud, I just bought a Z30. It's my favorite BB10 phone of the ones I've owned (Q10 is a close, close second).

And what am I using this glorious beast of a device for right now?

I'm using it to shop for 9900s.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    Haha, btdt. my Z30 is sitting, charging, on my desk right next to my PassPort and Classic. 9930 is happily in hand.

EBay app still works on 9900, btw.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-20-16 10:03 PM

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-20-16 10:14 PM

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    I really liked the Z30. The only reason I even looked at the Passport was because the Z30 didn't have the radios for AT&T'S LTE network

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    05-20-16 10:16 PM
    HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

This is no laughing matter! It's a miserable condition you all have put me in! I just spent money, good money, on this amazing Z30. It hasn't been in my hands barely a day and you have me wanting to put it down and once again wield a legendary piece of mobile device history (I used to own a 9930).

Well, no! No, I say! I refuse to allow myself to be swayed by your indisputable logic, good humor, friendliness, and BlackBerry fandom!

I refuse to once again hold in my hands the most efficient physical keyboard ever to grace a handset, the super-efficient trackpad and toolbelt that enables effortless text editing and UI navigation, the tried and true OS that gets out of your way so you can get stuff done.

No, sir. You will not find me drooling over white 9900s on eBay or seriously considering jumping over to T-Mobile just so I can have access to BIS service.

So go ahead and laugh. I've got everything under control!

(That moment when you admit to yourself that you would have typed out this response in 1/3rd of the time and with virtually no mistakes on a 9900 keyboard.)

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    05-20-16 10:33 PM
    I think we need a podcast.
    05-20-16 11:13 PM
    I'm away for a few hours and there are 2,000 more views on this thread!!!!! I cannot leave you guys alone for a minute let alone hours!

oh and BTW my cousin says we are all crazy but it's the good kind of "crazy" so ya ^_^

anon(6038817) likes this.
    05-21-16 01:41 AM
    I just sold my iPhone 6S Plus. .
    Now That's dedication to Blackberry!
    I asked a girl the other day (who was on her 6S) if she liked the 3D touch "peek and pop" feature on the iphone, she didn't know what I was talking about and it must have sounded........odd I explained what it is and she SAID she didn't know about it, and said "I now love my iphone again."

Peek and pop is when you press slightly on the 6S's screen and you get options pop up for that app, press harder and it takes you right into the app.

like I said, most people seem to get bored fast with most devices.

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 05-21-16 at 02:15 AM.
    mploria likes this.
    05-21-16 01:56 AM
    Ordering a 9900 now :X
    05-21-16 02:05 AM
    Ordering a 9900 now :X
    I read about the type of keyboard you mentioned and it was something for "simple english." European I'm assuming?

Any details on the phone? Hope you get a good deal

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 05-21-16 at 02:34 AM.
    05-21-16 02:09 AM
    Welcome to 99ers' anonymous! Some of us have been suffering ridicule & ostracism of 99ers addiction for YEARS!! A condition with no known relief... Other than return to 99's!

Symptoms include, but not limited to:

- compact form factor perfection your hand irresistibly grabs for when larger, more "modern" handsets beckon nearby

- a smoothly svelte & irresistible keyboard that pulls words, almost unwillingly, from your thumbs

- shortcuts & toolbelt that seem TOO ready with just the right tool at the right time

- an enchantingly eager UI that seems to predict your next move before you even know you're moving... How do they know?!?! Lol.

- etc, etc, ...

Trust me, once smitten, no matter how many larger & newer substitutes you try, communications will forever feel crippled, without a 99 in hand... Btdt. Good luck.

Lol.
    05-21-16 02:42 AM
    T-mobile, I'll see the condition when it comes in.

Dvorak is a physical keyboard or system keyboard layout that puts the most used letters in the English language (70% of them) on home row so your fingers don't need to move as much.
    05-21-16 03:26 AM
    I told my colleagues about the 'new' phone I ordered, and I was accused of having Stockholm Syndrome lol. this is after being on Iphone and Android for two years and just not loving my devices.

So yes, I am glad to be back in the loving clasp of my captors, BlackBerry
    05-21-16 03:45 AM
    T-mobile, I'll see the condition when it comes in.

Dvorak is a physical keyboard or system keyboard layout that puts the most used letters in the English language (70% of them) on home row so your fingers don't need to move as much.
    I, myself, haven't seen Dvorak for 9900 but that doesn't mean it never happened. Seems natural for it. I would consider it. 9900 keyboards are VERY easily changed if one could be found or customized. I recall discussion about a Curve and maybe a Pearl with it but that was WAY back. Slept since then. Lol. Seems like there might have been an app that I once considered for a Pearl?

Concept has possibilities, IMO.
    05-21-16 03:53 AM
    I'm just wondering if it can be changed on a software level. I'm fine with qwerty, but I prefer Dvorak.

Doesn't matter I already ordered it. Super excited.
    Last edited by ominaxe; 05-21-16 at 04:13 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    05-21-16 03:56 AM

Peek and pop is when you press slightly on the 6S's screen and you get options pop up for that app, press harder and it takes you right into the app.
    Hmm, sounds analogous to our "hover & BB menu"?? Hover is readily accommodated with trackpad. Sounds like Apple's 3d sort of catching up?
    05-21-16 04:18 AM
8,754 ... 34567 ...