Hi Everyone...

Thought it might be fun to share any BB related stories and or professional experiences for those of us in Emergency Services... maybe even see how each does business? I have already made contact with a couple of people here in the same line of work hahaha what a surprise!!! Maybe we can even act as a collective resource for people with questions about 9-1-1 or Emergency Services worldwide.. since there are people here from all over the world.

I can start... I am a Manager in the Operations Department of the Regional 9-1-1 Centre in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We dispatch for 10 police departments and 13 fire departments. We are also the PSAP (9-1-1 Answer Point) for the Southwest Corner of BC (roughly 2.2 million residents). We are a pretty big centre... roughly 60 workstations in one large Ops Centre. We also do public education related to 9-1-1 :-)

Cheers!
    04-12-08 04:23 PM
    Hi Everyone...

Thought it might be fun to share any BB related stories and or professional experiences for those of us in Emergency Services... maybe even see how each does business? I have already made contact with a couple of people here in the same line of work hahaha what a surprise!!! Maybe we can even act as a collective resource for people with questions about 9-1-1 or Emergency Services worldwide.. since there are people here from all over the world.

I can start... I am a Manager in the Operations Department of the Regional 9-1-1 Centre in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We dispatch for 10 police departments and 13 fire departments. We are also the PSAP (9-1-1 Answer Point) for the Southwest Corner of BC (roughly 2.2 million residents). We are a pretty big centre... roughly 60 workstations in one large Ops Centre. We also do public education related to 9-1-1 :-)

Cheers!
    I'm in law enforcement, actually. detention officer I made the mistake of leaving my 8830 sticking out of my bag, so then my sgt walks onto the floor. he says, "I KNOW you don't have a massive obvious phone sitting on the control panel"

I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about
    04-14-08 02:53 AM
    I work as an electronic tech for a 911 center near Portland, Oregon. I work on two way radios, mobile data, and security systems. Our center serves a county of around 450,000. I beleive we have an average of 1000 calls/day. We have 14 positions and dispatch county wide for all fire, law enforcement, ems, and night/weekend dispatch for county public works and animal control. We also have the County Emergency Management and EOC at the facility. We own an 800 MHz trunked voice and data system that services most of county public safety and public service agencies.

I currently have a Windows Treo that I am trying to sell and move to a Blackberry Curve. Everyone else uses Windows Mobile devices at work as well, so I will be the rebel
    04-18-08 11:10 PM
    I'm an emergency medical technician. And no, driving the ambulance is not as fun and exciting as it sounds!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 12:09 AM
    I'm an emergency medical technician. And no, driving the ambulance is not as fun and exciting as it sounds!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am a Captain on a Volunteer Fire Department and I completely agree about the driving of apparatus.
    04-19-08 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD