I haven't figured out why BlackBerry decided to outsource the music and movies, but I do know that so far I hate the 7 digital application. It's slow as hell and takes forever to download my music. To be fair, I know eventually they will come out with an update, but if they knew this was coming down the pipe, it seems logical that they would have an application that's fully functional day one, hell, I hate to visit the application because it's so slow, half -***. I've purchased a lot of media from the blackberry app world and wish they left it alone. What was wrong with it the way it was? BlackBerry just keeps finding a way to shoot itself in the foot time and time again, WTF????

Opined with my Z10!
    07-24-14 08:45 PM
    Amazon wanted to be able to sell music and movies to BlackBerry customers through their store in exchange for putting their app store on BB10. Kind of in the same boat as you. The 7 digital app kind of sucks but I think you can access it through the computer as well so you can still get your music without the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:58 PM
    Yeah, I guess you are right, I can access the music through my computer, but I primarily listen to music through my phone. I guess in regards to the deal between Amazon and BlackBerry, the "quid pro quo," BlackBerry decided to go for quantity (applications), as opposed to quality. Who uses 1000s of apps, most people only regularly use a handful of applications, of the third party applications I've downloaded using the amazon application, almost all are slow and choppy at best, when compared to the applications I download from blackberry app world, especially native applications. Who cares if the application is free, if it only works at about 75-85 %...damn that!!! I would rather pay for an application that's fully functional, that's why I stick to applications from BlackBerry app world, just my humble opinion, though.

Opined with my Z10!
    07-24-14 09:34 PM
    You can download on your computer and sync to your phone through link. It's really more of a convenience issue rather than real impediment. I get where you are coming from though

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:17 AM
    Don't even waste your time with it. Use "music maniac" from snap. You can fund any music you want and it's free

Posted via CB10 on my Zee-Tree Zero!
    Attachment 287022
    Attachment 287023
    Attachment 287024
    07-26-14 06:50 AM
    I just purchased an album using 7 digital and it was painfully slow. WTF is this slow crap, man-who's bright idea was this??? This is a disgrace, an update is due now, no money should be spent on this crap and hopefully 7 digital will get the picture.

Opined with my Z10!
    07-26-14 06:43 PM
    I'm not too happy about it. I did not see the message regarding the change until they day before and didn't realize it was a day from the deadline, & missed the merge so all my purchases are gone. (& I am certain, at time of purchased it said these would ALWAYS be available to download!)

AND... I used to be able to pay via my phone bill or credit card & now it's only paypal. Not that paypal is bad, I just prefer the other choices we had.
    08-25-14 11:57 PM