SYMETIUM ? the no-compromise smartphone PC

Symetium Is A 6 GB RAM, Snapdragon 820-Powered 'Smartphone PC'

The Symetium smartphone will come with up to 256 GB of storage as well, although those models will be significantly more expensive. The baseline will start at 64 GB of storage. The phone's battery will supposedly last "approximately three to four days," but it's not clear under what circumstances. Android M is supposed to double standby battery life, but it's unlikely to double the battery life under active usage. The phone's 4,000 mAh battery as well as the 1080p resolution OLED screen should also help in extending the battery life of the device.

The Symetium IndieGoGo campaign currently offers the smartphone starting at $499 for the 64 GB version, but only for a limited number of customers, in a first come first served order. The device's normal price seems to be $699 for the 64 GB model, $799 for the 128 GB one, and $999 for the 256 GB variant. The device is expected to ship in July 2016.

6 GB ram phone-symetium-specs_w_450.jpg

Wow great spec, anyone thinking to buy it?
    10-15-15 03:06 AM
    I always heard iPhones had crappy audio, but they list the iPhone 6 and Samsung as mono sound instead of stereo. Really? That would be a huge deal breaker for me. I call shenanigans on that claim.
    10-15-15 03:29 AM
    Is Snapdragon 820 even made yet?

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    10-17-15 08:51 PM
    The fundraising campaign failed and closed on November 9th.. They only raised 71,000 out of an intended 1.25 million.. An aside:. This is what Microsoft intends to do with its windows phone platform.. If they are successful, i expect that platform to overtake iOS and Android.. Computer manufacturers have offered droid desktops before and they have had limited appeal.
    11-10-15 08:55 AM
    Cool idea, shame all that horse power though and it's just running Android. Specs wise it's a hell of a deal.

I keep hoping for Microsoft to wake up, give us a little something that runs as a mobile Windows OS until docked... and then switches to a real Windows desktop.

I know they are on the cusp but I don't want to make sacrifices when and if they do, I think that'll be the point it makes sense. The other phone-as-a-computer projects are little more than a POC as long as the desktop OS is just some mobile blob imo.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-10-15 09:44 AM
    Cool idea, shame all that horse power though and it's just running Android. Specs wise it's a hell of a deal.

I keep hoping for Microsoft to wake up, give us a little something that runs as a mobile Windows OS until docked... and then switches to a real Windows desktop.

I know they are on the cusp but I don't want to make sacrifices when and if they do, I think that'll be the point it makes sense. The other phone-as-a-computer projects are little more than a POC as long as the desktop OS is just some mobile blob imo.

Have you not heard of the latest Windows devices? They pretty much do what you're asking.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:46 AM
    Have you not heard of the latest Windows devices? They pretty much do what you're asking.

Posted via CB10
    No they don't . I'm a Windows 10 developer.

Right now they basically allow Universal apps to run on Desktop and Mobile. They claim it works on IoT but it really doesn't. And one day to their console. Not to mention they are still bottom scrapping low end devices.

Problem is - Windows 8 + 8.1 was the exact same. It supported Universal Apps as well but developers ignored it and almost no one knows about it. Windows 10 is their third attempt at Windows Universal and is still little more than an updated Windows 8.

People like me are picky SOB's. We usually don't want 'some of their apps' to work on Mobile and Mobile-pretending-to-be-PC. Especially on Desktop, we want to install executables, real software unrestricted and right out of sourceforge. Not some Windows Store packaged blob. We want to use any EXE they normally can when operating as a desktop. They want flash, silverlight, third party browser plugins. If I want to live behind a vendor proprietary paywall I'd go with iOS and Apple.

Windows 10 mobile, it doesn't do any of that. As long as you are locked to a carriers vendor store, your running a glorified dumbed down mobile OS. The one thing it needs to do, be compatible with its previous world of installs, it doesn't do. And Microsoft is yet again realizing how dumb they can be by ignoring backwards compatibility.

Last edited by KermEd; 11-11-15 at 03:43 PM.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    11-10-15 10:04 AM

Ubuntu promised that many, many moons ago.... :-D

  AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P  
    11-11-15 02:20 AM
    Ubuntu promised that many, many moons ago.... :-D

  AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P  
    I've been keeping a close eye on Ubuntu I use it for a lot of my robotics and IoT skunkworks projects. And even filearchivehaven is just an Ubuntu build.

I've been watching their mobilization closely! Sadly haven't used Ubuntu Touch yet myself though.

11-11-15 03:42 PM
    It's too bad that all that horse power will be in a 5" device. If it's going to be on the same level as a computer as they say it will, shouldn't it have a bigger screen?
    11-28-15 10:26 PM
    Has there ever been a crowdsourced phone that hasn't fizzled out?
    11-29-15 01:00 AM
    Has there ever been a crowdsourced phone that hasn't fizzled out?
    I always liked this one
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ne/description

12-20-15 01:57 PM