Hi everyone,

I'm at a four year school right now, as a Junior, and I'm getting to the point where I just want to load up on classes to graduate as fast as I possibly can.

Few questions though:
    1. There are a few community colleges near me - will those credits transfer if I was to take a few classes there?
    2. Could I "attend" two schools at once, and be getting credits from two schools during the same semester?

Thanks!
    12-30-10 12:37 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm at a four year school right now, as a Junior, and I'm getting to the point where I just want to load up on classes to graduate as fast as I possibly can.

Few questions though:
    1. There are a few community colleges near me - will those credits transfer if I was to take a few classes there?
    2. Could I "attend" two schools at once, and be getting credits from two schools during the same semester

Thanks!
    As a junior I am guessing that the credits would not transfer. A community college is a 2 year school with students transferring as a junior. Having said that each university is different. You would need to contact your university with specific classes. I would get it in writing that they will accept the credits.
    When I got my Masters degree I took two classes one semester, from two different colleges. Again, each university is different so you would need to talk the registrar at your current school.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 01:16 PM
    This is exactly what I'm currently doing. Who knew summer school could be so rewarding?

1. Most liberal arts credits will transfer from the 2 year, vocational/trade/associates degree credits will not transfer as universities don't have any equivalents.

2. You would be able to take summer classes at 2 year institutions, but not teeter between the two during the regular school year (i.e., university classes on Monday and junior college classes on Tuesday etc).

EDIT: Your 4 year college should have info on its website about transfer credits from your local junior colleges.
    12-30-10 04:12 PM
    You could conceivably attend two institutions together; however, I echo the caveat of the previous poster(s). Make sure your credits transfer, in their entirety, to your current institution. I attended two institutions in pursuit of my BSBA. All of that being said, I cannot blame you for desiring to finish early. If you're up to the challenge and are aware of the possible pitfalls, go for it!

GOOD LUCK!

12-30-10 04:44 PM
    talk to your academic adviser(s)!

I almost missed graduation due to one senior class being impacted. Lucky the adviser worked some miracles and found a similar class in another CSU.
    12-30-10 06:10 PM
    Also, a word of caution: this could screw up your financial aid, if you get any.
    But yes, as long as the credits transfer you can do it.

12-31-10 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD