Already a start to a crazy season:

1. USC gets wacked with an insane NCAA sanctions

2. Colorado going to the Pac-10

3. Nebraska going to the Big-10

4. Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are considering leaving the Big-12 for the Pac-10.

5. Texas A&M is being courted by the SEC to enter their conference

6. Boise State going to the MWC

7. Notre Dame being courted by the Big-10 to enter their conference, and leave their independence

WOW!!!!!!
    06-14-10 02:06 PM
    Notre Dame has been courted for years and years by the Big 10. They're still that
    smug. Sooner or later they're going to become very irrelevant if they don't join a
    conference. But I understand their TV money would be lost since they have their
    own network.

If anybody could be independent, it's Texas. They could easily have their own
    network. But it's good that the Pac-10 is going to get them. Texas Tech and Texas
    A&M aren't really that crucial to the Pac-10 but the governing body would like them
    to go in order for the Pac-10 to get Texas.
    06-14-10 03:49 PM
    06-14-10 04:01 PM
    ^^^ The excitement continues...
    06-14-10 05:48 PM
    First USC transfer looks like Jordan Campbell. Doesn't really matter as he was seldomly used and wasn't on Pete/CLK's good sides for off field behavior.
    06-14-10 10:06 PM
    Figures that Texas will remain in the big 12. They get their own network. Something they couldn't get in the PAC-10
    06-15-10 01:25 AM
    So, it looks like the Pac-10 will get the University of Utah as a consolation prize for not being able to get the powerhouses like Texas and Oklahoma...what a big disappointment.
    06-15-10 10:01 AM
    So the newly dubbed, "Pac-12" (most likely) will have a north and south division. Still rumors that in the future, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State may still come on over to the Pac-12 if the money doesn't flow in as promised by the Big-12.
    06-17-10 10:09 AM
    All this re-alignment talk won't happen for another decade. Rumor is that ESPN had
    a BIG, BIG influence on Texas' decision to stay. ESPN wasn't quite ready for this.
    TV runs the show.
    06-17-10 12:06 PM
    All this re-alignment talk won't happen for another decade. Rumor is that ESPN had
    a BIG, BIG influence on Texas' decision to stay. ESPN wasn't quite ready for this.
    TV runs the show.
    Don't disagree with you on that...
    06-17-10 12:54 PM
    TV runs the show.
    TV and Jim Delany.
    06-17-10 05:18 PM
    ^^^ Don't forget to add that the Lakers just won the NBA Championship with a come from behind win in the 4th quarter!!!!

Lakers, baby!!!
    06-18-10 03:02 AM
    So...what is everyone's predictions for this upcoming season's BCS championship?
    06-18-10 03:03 AM
    1) NCAA Sanctions

The sweetest break we ever got in South Bend and now it doesn't count. Arrggh! I recall thinking to myself a while back when we won one of our national titles, "I sure hope we didn't do anything wrong to warrant a NCAA investigation". Sure enough, our most exciting player in Pete's era has to be the dipwad that blows it for us. With the precedent that these sanctions are bound to create, every school is now going to ask themselves that question if and when they win the title. Absolutely absurd. Say, any SC wannabe recruits out there want to go to Notre Dame or UCLA or Texas and, uh, well, yah know, "bend the rules" a bit, so our rivals can get theirs in the end!

2) Pac 10 Expansion

I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of Texas coming to the Pac 10. I know on paper it looks great for the Pac. But both Oklahoma and Texas are very strong teams. We don't need them invading the Pac and playing in the Rose Bowl every year, now that the best team in the Pac has been vaporized by the NCAA. Since the Pac 10 is going after academics, too, we did good with picking up Utah and Colorado. They are not low tier schools academically. Utah has been performing quite well over the years in football and since they have been an outspoken critic of the BCS process, here's their chance to prove they belong. From a strictly football perspective, I'd rather have Bosie State and BYU, but they don't offer much in other sports. We all can't be like Notre Dame and have a football in one conference and everything else in another.

3) Notre Dame

I hate this school more than any other SC plays. Can you say, 13 in a row? In my days at SC, we owned the Pac 10. Rose Bowls every year, but we couldn't beat friggen Notre Dame to save the day. And now, we can't say 10 in a row, because 2005 don't count?! Arrggh. Boy, I wonder what Irish bribe bought off that Infractions committee?!

As for conference play, won't happen. It's in ND's best interest to stay independent. I mean, geez, all they have to do is win 9 games and be ranked in the Top 12 BCS and they go to a BCS bowl. When you play Navy and Army and Western Kentucky, how can you not win 9 games a year! You think it's hard for ND to be ranked in the Top 12? The favortism for ND is so strong that if they get off to a fast start with Kelly and go 6-0, they'll be in the Top 5, let alone the Top 12.

4) BCS Championship

Too early to tell. But I'd say Alabama is still the team to beat. Texas and Floriday may compete, but time will tell. I hope USC goes undefeated and wins the AP title! That would be awesome and the ultimate F-U to the NCAA!
    06-18-10 04:31 AM
    Wow...another fallout from the NCAA sanctions. 5-Star recruit Seantrel Henderson did not show up to freshmen orientation at USC last week.
    06-25-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD