07-07-10 11:50 AM
30 12
tools
    the minute someone pulls out an Iphone I think "another uninformed apple moron" but that is just me. when someone pulls out a BB I think "oooohhh which one!"
    06-23-10 07:57 AM
    The trend in discussion makes this thread more suited to "Rehab".

Moving...
    06-23-10 08:48 AM
    I know that.
    Though what you say is TRUE
    What i said was also accurate. FACT is you CAN still get a blackberry plan with bad credit but you CANT get an iPhone plan unless your credit meets a certain standard.
    Nope. Not even a valid comparison. What you said is only accurate in the same vein as saying if you take two men and put them in a race to the 3rd floor of a house, but only give one of them access to the stairs, then concluding that one of them is obviously better at reaching the 3rd floor. It was impossible for one of them to even compete because the playing field wasn't level. If you want to make a valid comparison then BOTH have to have an equal offering. IE....Same carrier.

If you want to compare the difficulty between getting an iPhone or a Blackberry when credit is the definitive factor then you have to make the comparison using the carrier that has a choice between the two.

That carrier, in the US, is AT&T. And since the data plans are nearly identical in terms of cost, the credit qualifications are also going to be the same. So, if you go to AT&T and fail to qualify for a contract for the iPhone, you will also fail to qualify for the Blackberry. They will not give you a "Blackberry plan" when they deny you for the "iPhone" plan. They don't make money off of the phones. They make money off of the service. So if you are deemed too much of a risk for them to enter into a contract with you for one device, you most certainly will be too big of a risk for the other.

You can't compare the ease with which someone can acquire one device over another among two carriers that don't offer the same devices. If VZW carried the iPhone and denied somebody a contract due to bad credit then they would deny them for a Blackberry too. But since AT&T is the only iPhone carrier in the US, then they are the only arena where the comparison can be made with respect to the "ease" with which one can acquire an iPhone over a Blackberry.

Apples (no pun intended) and oranges.
    Last edited by adambigge; 06-23-10 at 12:15 PM.
    06-23-10 12:05 PM
    You don't even need credit you can get the blackberries on boost now. Personally a waste of a good phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 11:17 PM
    I've seen that before. Obvious shop job.
    07-07-10 11:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD