06-11-10 08:36 PM
    That sounds about right!
    06-11-10 08:41 PM
    I like how all the idiots commented on this article with "How much and where do I get it?". I hate stupid people!
    06-12-10 12:13 AM
    That sounds about right!
    And when you pull out a BB on a date it tells the girl you're with: "I have a job". If you pull out an iPhone it says "I love listening to music and watch movies while unemployed"

LOL

I'm 100% kidding here It doesn't matter what you own as long as you're the man.
    06-12-10 12:48 AM
    2 year old concept on last years hardware
    06-12-10 01:09 AM
    That's like saying all cars with 4 wheels are out of date.

If it is in production, it is out of date.

Take your pick.
    06-12-10 08:16 AM

Take your pick.
    Cant compare it like that.
    Last edited by shalagin; 06-12-10 at 08:29 AM.
    06-12-10 08:26 AM

Take your pick.
    Wouldn't that depend on the product and what's already out that is like it already?

A 4 wheel car that's in production that runs on 2% milk surely wouldn't be out of date...
    06-12-10 11:51 AM
    Wouldn't that depend on the product and what's already out that is like it already?

A 4 wheel car that's in production that runs on 2% milk surely wouldn't be out of date...
    Ha! We always used to say that if it was in production it was out of date when I used to design motherboard hardware.

You second paragraph gives me an idea.

Remove the legs from a calf and substitute wheels and you got it. It runs on milk.
    06-12-10 12:04 PM
    Ha! We always used to say that if it was in production it was out of date when I used to design motherboard hardware.

You second paragraph gives me an idea.

Remove the legs from a calf and substitute wheels and you got it. It runs on milk.
    ROBOCalf

Be Careful, one day they might try to rise against the Humans...
    06-12-10 12:07 PM
    And when you pull out a BB on a date it tells the girl you're with: "I have a job". If you pull out an iPhone it says "I love listening to music and watch movies while unemployed"

LOL

I'm 100% kidding here It doesn't matter what you own as long as you're the man.
    lol, might have been the case 2 years ago but now Blackberrys are very popular amongst the younger crowd, so much so that people dont even look at it as a business phone anymore and now often refer to it as the Phone you get when your credit isn't good enough for an iPhone.
    06-19-10 04:42 AM
    lol, might have been the case 2 years ago but now Blackberrys are very popular amongst the younger crowd, so much so that people dont even look at it as a business phone anymore and now often refer to it as the Phone you get when your credit isn't good enough for an iPhone.
    I don't know about that last part, but the first part is certainly true enough. I've been rocking BBs as a "business phone" since the days when it had no phone, so I had long become accustomed to people watching me work my thumbs and thinking, "Hey, he must be some kind of a professional type."

The new reality set in at the supermarket several months ago when I was responding to email while waiting in the checkout line, and the cashier -- a young woman maybe 19 or so -- took out an 8900 and told me she had just got it, and asked if I knew about any cases other than the stock holster it came with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 09:05 AM
    Must just be your circle...I don't find that to be the case at all

06-19-10 09:44 AM
    I second that. It's not my "crowd" either but I have nieces and nephews in highschool ALL of whom have blackberries. There BBM contact list is nearing triple digits. Blackberries are all over every highschool in America. It is no longer the status symbol of a businessman. It's the new "it" thing for Americas youth.

06-19-10 12:34 PM
    and now often refer to it as the Phone you get when your credit isn't good enough for an iPhone.
    Wtf are you talking about? If your credit isn't good enough for an iphone (CELL PHONE PLAN) then your credit wouldn't be good enough for a blackberry (CELL PHONE PLAN)

Do you even know what credit is?
    06-19-10 02:51 PM
    how true this is.
    06-19-10 06:06 PM
    A cell plan is a cell plan, irregardless of the phone?
    06-20-10 11:30 AM
    Must just be your circle...I don't find that to be the case at all

Has nothing to do with my personal "Circle". it's just an observation made from the many random people i come across from NYC , LI, NC, and Cananda. People just dont look at blackberrys as business phones anymore.

I second that. It's not my "crowd" either but I have nieces and nephews in highschool ALL of whom have blackberries. There BBM contact list is nearing triple digits. Blackberries are all over every highschool in America. It is no longer the status symbol of a businessman. It's the new "it" thing for Americas youth.

I knew i couldn't have been the only one who's noticed the trend of the younger crowd picking up Backberrys. In fact i come across more youngins with blackberrys than with iPhones. Truth is like it or not Blackberry has become the new Sidekick

Wtf are you talking about? If your credit isn't good enough for an iphone (CELL PHONE PLAN) then your credit wouldn't be good enough for a blackberry (CELL PHONE PLAN)

Do you even know what credit is?
    Question is do u know?

I know of many people who were denied new contracts under AT&T when they were trying to get the iPhone because their credit was bad. These same people were later go on to tmobile, sprint, etc and get blackberrys despite the bad credit. So YES you can get a "CELL PHONE PLAN" with bad credit but just not a iPhone "CELL PHONE PLAN" because getting an iPhone plan actually requires a credit check unlike a Blackberry plan under Tmobile, Sprint, etc..

See below for collaborating sources

3G iPhone Credit Check. - AT&T Wireless Community

You CAN'T Buy an iPhone... Unless You Have Good Credit [Archive] - iLounge Forums
    06-21-10 11:28 AM
    Has nothing to do with my personal "Circle". it's just an observation made from the many random people i come across from NYC , LI, NC, and Cananda. People just dont look at blackberrys as business phones anymore.
    , you know darn well that RIM makes most of its money for people using this for business use. Yes, we all know people turning to BB for the keys and/or capabilities, but they got the market because of business.
    I find it very funny to see people with blackberry's that don't have a data plan, wtf

wiki "It commands a 20.8% share of worldwide smartphone sales, making it the second most popular platform after Nokia's Symbian OS, and is the most popular smartphone among U.S. business users"
    06-21-10 01:43 PM
    you know darn well that RIM makes most of its money for people using this for business use. Yes, we all know people turning to BB for the keys and/or capabilities, but they got the market because of business.
    I find it very funny to see people with blackberry's that don't have a data plan, wtf
    yeah...at first I thought that was pretty funny since to me that was my whole reason for owning a blackberry but when I talked to a few friends they just didn't feel like spending the extra 15 - 30$ more for something that didn't feel like they were going to use.
    06-21-10 11:24 PM
    Question is do u know?

I know of many people who were denied new contracts under AT&T when they were trying to get the iPhone because their credit was bad. These same people were later go on to tmobile, sprint, etc and get blackberrys despite the bad credit. So YES you can get a "CELL PHONE PLAN" with bad credit but just not a iPhone "CELL PHONE PLAN" because getting an iPhone plan actually requires a credit check unlike a Blackberry plan under Tmobile, Sprint, etc..

See below for collaborating sources

3G iPhone Credit Check. - AT&T Wireless Community

You CAN'T Buy an iPhone... Unless You Have Good Credit [Archive] - iLounge Forums

It would probably be more accurate to say that you can't get a contract with AT&T with bad credit. Not just iPhones require credit checks. Any contract with AT&T does. Your reasoning is rather specious. If you go to AT&T to get an iPhone, and get denied due to bad credit, they aren't going to say "but we will go ahead and give you a blackberry on the same contract.". They are going to flat deny you, period.
    06-21-10 11:38 PM
    , you know darn well that RIM makes most of its money for people using this for business use. Yes, we all know people turning to BB for the keys and/or capabilities, but they got the market because of business.

wiki "It commands a 20.8% share of worldwide smartphone sales, making it the second most popular platform after Nokia's Symbian OS, and is the most popular smartphone among U.S. business users"
    I know that.
    did you read the original posts because your response is not relevant?

But FACT is even though Blackberry is a business phone the General public does not look at it as so like they did 2+ years ago Business phone or not the Blackberry is known today as the new "Sidekick". It's the new trendy "IT" phone for the kids

It would probably be more accurate to say that you can't get a contract with AT&T with bad credit. Not just iPhones require credit checks. Any contract with AT&T does. Your reasoning is rather specious. If you go to AT&T to get an iPhone, and get denied due to bad credit, they aren't going to say "but we will go ahead and give you a blackberry on the same contract.". They are going to flat deny you, period.
    Though what you say is TRUE
    What i said was also accurate. FACT is you CAN still get a blackberry plan with bad credit but you CANT get an iPhone plan unless your credit meets a certain standard.
    When people see the iPhone they automatically associate it with AT&T, they automatically associate it with "expensive" ..
    When people see the Blackberry the carrier never pops into their mind. What does pop in their mind is "Cool, i wonder how many contacts they have on their bbm" .. which leads back to the original post. Blackberry is no longer known as that phone people saw 2 years ago as the "Important businessman phone". Today Blackberry is known as that phone people get to replace their old sidekick..

So making my way back to Sal's post. If you pull out a blackberry in front of a girl you're trying to get with she's not going to think you're some baller businessman, She'd more probably think "cute, my younger sister as the same phone" . BUt if you pull out an iphone she will look at it as a sign that you're not just another bum with a prepaid phone and no minutes
    06-22-10 02:44 AM
    the Blackberry is known today as the new "Sidekick".
    "Known" by whom? Other 16 year old kids?

Your argument is so circular that it has actually managed to defeat itself.
    06-22-10 06:32 AM
    I had to stop reading this thread, total garbage. I guess no one has any shame anymore.

Two years is pretty good, the complete R&D cycle for a new product takes a long time along with the FCC testing and other things that go into it. No one can slap a phone together in 6 months and go to market. And if it seems like they have then chances are they were working on it in secret for a long time.
    06-22-10 11:50 AM
    I think the BB is more popular now by non-business users. I also think that is a good thing for all BB users.

Trust me my daughter has one and more of her friends have BBs than iPhones. T-mobile does do credit checks as well as ATT. The phones cost about the same amount, so I really dont get what this discussion is about. I doubt many little sisters have the BB 9700 anyhow
    06-22-10 03:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD