The dominance is big iPhone is def the cool phone to have for girls.
    so yesterday I went out with my girlfriend to a Birthday party
    in a Restaurant. There were 15 girls 3 guys including myself. Out of those 18 there were 12 people with a white iPhone, 4 with a Black and My girl whow owns a S2 and my BB. The tables next to us on both sides all iPhones. I never seen so many iPhones in one place in my Life. This has me thinking how will BB10 attract these people who think iPhone is the coolest phone with best camera ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 03:42 PM
    Yeah I've been noticing a lot of this too. So many iPhones, most of them are white. It's kind of at the point of being annoying now, really. I can't speak for other people, but I'd hate having the same exact phone as everyone I knew.
    06-26-12 03:50 PM
    Please don't tell me everyone was on their phones while at a birthday dinner...
    06-26-12 03:52 PM
    I'd look really out of place with my Palm Treo.
    06-26-12 03:56 PM
    OP,
    It's the other way around where I live. In my group of friends, there are 10 BBs and no iPhones. And the whole restaurant, only BBs, zero iPhones.
    So really no conclusions can be drawn from our small sample sizes.
    06-26-12 03:58 PM
    Please don't tell me everyone was on their phones while at a birthday dinner...
    I saw this at the pub the other night. A bunch of young adults with their families - probably some sort of graduation or birthday dinner. They were all farting around with their phones.

At some point, the iPhone saturation will start to make owning one uncool and people will be looking for something else.

SK122387, kevinnugent and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-12 04:03 PM
    I'm struggling to figure out what on Earth necessitated 18 people to have
    their phones on display at a birthday party.

As far as attracting those people, give up on that. BlackBerry will never be
    advertised as a status symbol for attention seekers. Mind you this is NOT my
    opinion of all iPhone users, just this group.
    06-26-12 04:04 PM
    As my friend Charley said "time wounds all heels". And time is the enemy of Apple. Right now the only people I see buying iPhones are 50+ in age. Guess what? A teen to 30 something is not interested in the phone their parents and grandparents have. The current crop of kiddos are all over Android.

I don't see BlackBerry making much inroads into the North American market anytime soon. RIM needs to keep that cachet they enjoy in the emerging markets for as long as possible because that will carry them until the established markets realize what they are missing.
    really? you need to stop visiting nursing so much then i guess.
    Yaceka and louzer like this.
    06-26-12 05:17 PM
    who advertises for the Iphone?

What a group, or they are using some kind of mind control.

06-26-12 05:20 PM
    Magpies are attracted to shiney things.
    just sayin... :/
    Stump3r, jakie55 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-12 05:45 PM
    who advertises for the Iphone?

What a group, or they are using some kind of mind control.

06-26-12 05:46 PM
    I have been traveling a lot for business lately. At the airports I noticed its about 90 percent iPhones now. The only population I ever see with a blackberry now is middle aged men (I would say in their 40s and 50s). In addition, one of the scarier things (for RIM at least) that I notice is most blackberry users also carry an iPhone. That to me screams "work is forcing me to carry a blackberry, but I want an iPhone so bad, I am willing to pay for it).

Its also incredible how many iPads I see. You walk down the aisle on an airplane and everyone has an iPad.
    06-26-12 07:04 PM
    I do this same exercise when I'm on the subway, and its always more iPhone and Androids; with Blackberry brings up the very rear!
    06-26-12 07:15 PM
    Its way different where I am. Saturday night we had a work dinner and of the 12 phones at the table there were 6 Blackberrys, 4 iPhones and 2 Androids.

Only one person was unhappy with their BB, and another with their Android.

The point? RIM is far from done.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 07:48 PM
    I do this same exercise when I'm on the subway, and its always more iPhone and Androids; with Blackberry brings up the very rear!
    I took the #4 train up the BX last Monday to catch the Yankee game. Even in the hood iPhones are EVERYWHERE and even when you can't see the phone. You can tell by the distinctive white Apple earphones...

And folks are reading on their iPads on the train... I Rarely see a Kindle Fire anymore...

But I did see one Playbook last week on the subway as well...
    06-26-12 07:51 PM
    The dominance is big iPhone is def the cool phone to have for girls.
    so yesterday I went out with my girlfriend to a Birthday party
    in a Restaurant. There were 15 girls 3 guys including myself. Out of those 18 there were 12 people with a white iPhone, 4 with a Black and My girl whow owns a S2 and my BB. The tables next to us on both sides all iPhones. I never seen so many iPhones in one place in my Life. This has me thinking how will BB10 attract these people who think iPhone is the coolest phone with best camera ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    You know come to think of it, most of my iphone owning friends and associates are females. Most males I know, own Android phones.

I'm struggling to figure out what on Earth necessitated 18 people to have
    their phones on display at a birthday party.

As far as attracting those people, give up on that. BlackBerry will never be
    advertised as a status symbol for attention seekers. Mind you this is NOT my
    opinion of all iPhone users, just this group.
    The party was boring maybe? lol
    06-26-12 08:06 PM
    At some point, the iPhone saturation will start to make owning one uncool and people will be looking for something else.
    Agreed. ^^^

As crazy as this sounds I think that is the one thing RIM has going for it, the fact everyone already has an iPhone. Eventually it will get to a point where people get sick of owning a phone everyone else has. If RIM can do one really innovative thing to get people talking (maybe a ground breaking enhancement to BBM) that would be enough to get the younger generation looking at their phones again.

I laugh at analysts who say RIM lost the youth market and can never get them back. If teenagers are as fickle as analysts would like us to believe, then RIM can get them back just as easily as they lost them. If it works one way, it can work the other way as well.
    maddie1128, jakie55 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-12 08:14 PM
    Similar thing happened to me the other day. I went to an expensive sushi restaurant with 8 people. It was my friend, his uncle, and his cousins - 4 girls, 4 guys. Every single one of us had a BlackBerry. But then again the average income at the table was over 100k. I guess there's some truth in BlackBerry being owned by wealthier people.
    06-26-12 08:17 PM
    Agreed. ^^^

As crazy as this sounds I think that is the one thing RIM has going for it, the fact everyone already has an iPhone. Eventually it will get to a point where people get sick of owning a phone everyone else has. If RIM can do one really innovative thing to get people talking (maybe a ground breaking enhancement to BBM) that would be enough to get the younger generation looking at their phones again.

I laugh at analysts who say RIM lost the youth market and can never get them back. If teenagers are as fickle as analysts would like us to believe, then RIM can get them back just as easily as they lost them. If it works one way, it can work the other way as well.
    I completely agree.
    06-26-12 08:18 PM
    Similar thing happened to me the other day. I went to an expensive sushi restaurant with 8 people. It was my friend, his uncle, and his cousins - 4 girls, 4 guys. Every single one of us had a BlackBerry. But then again the average income at the table was over 100k. I guess there's some truth in BlackBerry being owned by wealthier people.
    I am working hard to be on your level; then one day maybe I could sit at your table and not bring down the average! Lol.
    06-26-12 08:27 PM
    Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing! Hahahahahahahaha!!!

"Expensive Sushi Restaurant."

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

All those Curve owners must be rolling in the dough.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

I think just p*ssed miyself...

Oh man... Thanks bro... Hahahaha... I seriously needed that... Hahaha...
    06-26-12 08:37 PM
    Hahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing! Hahahahahahahaha!!!

"Expensive Sushi Restaurant."

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

All those Curve owners must be rolling in the dough.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

I think just p*ssed miyself...

Oh man... Thanks bro... Hahahaha... I seriously needed that... Hahaha...
    are you two year old ?

Sent from Tapatalk for Playbook
    06-26-12 08:41 PM
    Its way different where I am. Saturday night we had a work dinner and of the 12 phones at the table there were 6 Blackberrys, 4 iPhones and 2 Androids.

Only one person was unhappy with their BB, and another with their Android.

The point? RIM is far from done.
    You're in Toronto. That explains what you're seeing.

I see a lot of BBs on my commute to work (Toronto), but over the last year I've seen an explosion of iPhones and Android devices and less BBs. Sure the BBs still outnumber iphone/android devices from what I'm seeing, but the margin has reduced drastically. I'd say for every 10 phones, 5 are BBs, 3 are iPhones and 2 are Android. Just over a year ago I'd see 8 BBs out of every 10 phones. That's a big decline.
    06-26-12 08:47 PM
    are you two year old ?

Sent from Tapatalk for Playbook
    It's interesting that you dislike my comment, but take no issue with the insulting post that I found humorus...

Interesting indeed...
    06-26-12 08:50 PM
    Was Ronald McDonald there?
    06-26-12 09:01 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD