So I was going to take a semester off between HS and College and turn turned into 14 years... yeah, *scratches head* awkward. Anyway week after next I start online classes for photo journalism.

Just sharing is all

M
    10-05-08 08:53 PM
    Congrats on gettin back 2 school. I guess u found something u like to do and now can go to school 4 it and get paid more lute in the end. Glad 2 hear it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 09:40 PM
    Good for you! Lot of us had detours but experience is great too. Good luck.

10-05-08 09:52 PM
    Congratulations, and best of luck in photo journalism, Sounds fun. Im currently in my general year, then next year I start computer science .
    10-05-08 10:15 PM
    Congratulations; that's great to hear. It's NEVER too late for education and learning. And likewise; there's never enough learning to be taken in. Good'luck in your endeavor.

::thumbup::
    10-05-08 10:25 PM
    I just graduated in 2005 with an Associates in nursing & am thinking about heading back to school for a Bachelor's. Point being that it's never too late (I'm 35) to head back to school. I waited 12 years to go back & really enjoyed the whole school experience so that's part of the reason I wanna return. Good luck to you!

10-06-08 01:21 AM
    Good for you. I went as an adult student as well. It was rewarding, and it has paid off well in the type of position I have at work.

10-06-08 03:37 AM
    As someone who took a very curvy course towards my BSM (10 years), don't worry about any feelings that it's not right for you to take classes. As HiDef said, there's ALWAYS learning to be done, and too many people stop learning way too young.

Put your whole heart into it and take as much out of it as you can.

Good luck!

EDIT: As online classes, I'll have to tell you that you will need to focus a little harder. Not because of you, but because most people I know take online classes as they are held a little less accountable. So stay with it at 100%!
    10-06-08 04:55 AM
    It's *really* never too late. I'm 42 and planning on returning to school for a Psychology degree next year. My fiancee and I have discussed starting a Life Coaching service and a degree in Psych would help a lot toward that.
    10-06-08 09:30 AM
    lol im i the only one that laughed out loud at this .."So I was going to take a semester off between HS and College and turn turned into 14 years... yeah, *scratches head* awkward"
    10-06-08 09:46 AM
    So I was going to take a semester off between HS and College and turn turned into 14 years... yeah, *scratches head* awkward. Anyway week after next I start online classes for photo journalism.

Just sharing is all

M
    Congrats! I thought waiting 5 years was a long time... HIGH FIVE!
    10-06-08 10:55 AM
    Congratulations. I'm trying to figure out a way to work out the schedule so I can go back. I'm about halfway to an engineering degree.

Photojournalism sounds like itd be a fun thing to have a degree in.

10-06-08 11:19 AM
    lol im i the only one that laughed out loud at this .."So I was going to take a semester off between HS and College and turn turned into 14 years... yeah, *scratches head* awkward"
    Thanks I try not to take myself too seriously
    10-06-08 11:25 AM
    Congrats! That's very exciting... I took photo journalism as well. What are you shooting with?

10-06-08 04:55 PM
    Congrats! That's very exciting... I took photo journalism as well. What are you shooting with?

Right now I have a a XTi with an 18-55mm lens and 24-105mm f/4L and I love it.
    10-10-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD