12 Dead, 31 Wounded in Shootings at Fort Hood in Texas - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Still a developing story, I've heard reports that 2 suspects in custody and the third was killed
    11-05-09 04:09 PM
    I live right next to that base. Actually 6 miles to be exact and seen so many medivacs, apache's over head. Very sad loss today.
    11-05-09 06:29 PM
    Thank god everyone in who was involved will be killed
    11-05-09 07:31 PM
    RIP to those who lost their lives.
    11-05-09 11:24 PM
    "Federal law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed homicide bombings and other threats. The officials said they are still trying to confirm that he was the author.

One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates homicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.

"To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause," said the Internet posting. "Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers."
    ----------------------
    SO let me get this straight, the Fed's were looking at this guy 6 MONTHS ago not because his name got picked out of a hat... but because there might have been some real problems with his mental state in reflecting on a blogger post glorifying suicide bombers...among other things, and supposedly from a soldier who's Muslim, stationed at an Army base serving in close proximity to other soldiers and access to weaponry. Ok.
    it doesn't take 6 months to figure out the identity of a blogger - not when Big Guv' is doing the digging... So if the authorities were "looking into it" it certainly wasn't with alarm bells ringing or with a sense of eminent danger to the other soldiers there on the base.

What I make of that is either this guy is a charmer, and any questions leveled at him he managed to convince the investigating body there was no need for alarm, and they couldn't find any dirt on him - OR - the Feds dragged their feet in the investigation and now there's a tragedy to contend with.

I'll be really interested to hear about what happened in those 6 months between then and now.
    Prayers for the soldiers and their families.
    11-06-09 03:21 AM
    It really makes me sick to my stomach. My best friend was stationed there about 6 months ago and to think that someone could just walk in and ruin this many lives...
    11-06-09 07:17 AM
    heard about it when i got home. pretty crazy.

kinda glad the shooter is still alive so they can hopefully find out what his motive was.
    11-06-09 11:40 AM
    Went to darnal hospital today for work and armed guards with m16's were at the hospital entrance. The mood was very somber and the base looked like a ghost town as most of the military was off. I work 1 mile from where the suspect is(not on base).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 01:19 PM
    ORLANDO -11/6/09- Police said at least six people have been shot at a downtown Orlando office at the Gateway Center at 1000 Legion Place.

Police said the suspect, Jason Rodriguez, 40, may be armed and dangerous. He was described as a disgruntled former employee at Reynolds, Smith and Hills Inc.

Authorities said Rodriguez is a Hispanic male reportedly wearing a light blue polo shirt and jeans, and possibly driving a 2002 silver Nissan SUV with Florida tag D11-9UX.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO????
    11-06-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD