I know there's a lot of you that love this place but oh well. People here are paying $4.08 for a gallon of gas and they wonder why they couldn't survive.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/2008/07/18/starbucksgeorgia.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 12:17 PM
    ahhhh but its soooo good haha.

i completely agree though. no doubt.
    07-18-08 12:24 PM
    I would rather fill my tank than pay for some marked up drink. I have always thought Starbucks was ridiculous!! How can you pay that much for a drink when you can get Chipotle or a sub sandwich for the same amount?!?!

And, you had to see all these store closing coming... He11, they have a store on practically every corner!
    07-18-08 12:27 PM
    I have a friend who works at Starbucks, so I get free drinks!
    07-18-08 12:29 PM
    very true. it is ungodly expensive!

i prefer speedway coffee anyway! or white castle haha. it's like a dollar.
    07-18-08 12:29 PM
    very true. it is ungodly expensive!

i prefer speedway coffee anyway! or white castle haha. it's like a dollar.
    Now, that is more like it!! Even though I hate coffee!!
    07-18-08 12:30 PM
    Don't they like charge about 4 or 5 bucks for a cup of coffee??

07-18-08 12:31 PM
    if i get a small with nothing in it it's like 2 or 3. ridiculous.
    07-18-08 12:32 PM
    Hmmmmm

WHO WILL WIN???

$4.09 for a Gallon of Gas

vs.

$4.00+ for a Grande burnt-tasting (Insert Fake Italian Sounding Word) Here ?

I'm betting the Gallon of Gas will win.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-18-08 at 12:39 PM.
    07-18-08 12:33 PM
    if i get a small with nothing in it it's like 2 or 3. ridiculous.
    So if you get one of those big flavored ones with the whipped cream and all of that, what would they charge all of you. I never had anything to do with them. Just curious about prices.

07-18-08 12:35 PM
    Aw. I love Starbucks. I get one every morning, and sometimes in the afternoon, too.

BUT - This doesn't surprise me in the least that some are shutting down. People are not wanting to pay high prices for anything right now with the way the economy is suffering.

I just found out this week that even the Phoenix valley, the economy is poor. We used to have the most employment opportunities of pretty much anywhere in the country. I thank my lucky stars every day that I have a stable career.......
    07-18-08 12:36 PM
    So if you get one of those big flavored ones with the whipped cream and all of that, what would they charge all of you. I never had anything to do with them. Just curious about prices.

They sure do.

Example, my drink: Grande non-fat no-whip iced white mocha: $4.27

Example, my roommate's drink: Venti breve iced coffee (essentially coffee with half and half): $2.80

Umm. Yeah.
    07-18-08 12:37 PM
    I would rather fill my tank than pay for some marked up drink. I have always thought Starbucks was ridiculous!! How can you pay that much for a drink when you can get Chipotle or a sub sandwich for the same amount?!?!

And, you had to see all these store closing coming... He11, they have a store on practically every corner!
    Yeah it's ugly bro!! Very ugly!!!

07-18-08 12:37 PM
    They sure do.

Example, my drink: Grande non-fat no-whip iced white mocha: $4.27

Example, my roommate's drink: Venti breve iced coffee (essentially coffee with half and half): $2.80

Umm. Yeah.
    That is ridiculous!! He11 I'm glad I quit smoking cigarettes because they're high also. $4.27 cents for a cup of coffee. Yeah they've been long overdue to close down robbing people the way they did. I don't feel sorry for them at all!!

07-18-08 12:42 PM
    Don't they like charge about 4 or 5 bucks for a cup of coffee??

Dang! Is it really that much now? I haven't been in starbucks in eons but thats crazy! Guess its a good thing I have the gift cards in case I want a frapachino or however you spell it.

And I wish my gas was $4.09 I waited in a small line to get $4.29 lol.
    07-18-08 12:44 PM
    WOWWWWW gas is 3.93 today here!
    07-18-08 12:46 PM
    Dang! Is it really that much now? I haven't been in starbucks in eons but thats crazy! Guess its a good thing I have the gift cards in case I want a frapachino or however you spell it.

And I wish my gas was $4.09 I waited in a small line to get $4.29 lol.
    At least once a month somewhere here in georgia they designate one filling station for 3 hours to sell gas for $1.99. I haven't caught one of them yet!! I'm still looking though.

07-18-08 12:47 PM
    I used to go to Starbucks at least once or twice a day (I grew up in Seattle, what do you expect! ) but now I buy the grounds and expense them at work. So I get to drink free Starbucks all day!
    07-18-08 12:47 PM
    It's funny that we think of $1.99/gal gas as such a bargain when just a few short years ago that price was astronomical. Just goes to show you how they condition us to get used to paying the higher prices. Back on topic... there are a handful of Starbuck's closing here in Colorado too. Never liked their flavor anyway.
    07-18-08 12:54 PM
    It's funny that we think of $1.99/gal gas as such a bargain when just a few short years ago that price was astronomical. Just goes to show you how they condition us to get used to paying the higher prices. Back on topic... there are a handful of Starbuck's closing here in Colorado too. Never liked their flavor anyway.
    You're correct!! That danm Illuminati!!!

07-18-08 12:57 PM
    Man, must sucks to be in Cali right now!!

I got my gas for $3.77 yesterday!!

Originally $3.97 and then $.20 off from my Giant Eagle Advantage card!!
    07-18-08 12:59 PM
    That is such a great point, I never really thought about. Someday 4.00 will be a great deal! I'm dreading that day, unfortunatly it's probably in the near future.

07-18-08 01:00 PM
    Aw. I love Starbucks. I get one every morning, and sometimes in the afternoon, too.

BUT - This doesn't surprise me in the least that some are shutting down. People are not wanting to pay high prices for anything right now with the way the economy is suffering.

I just found out this week that even the Phoenix valley, the economy is poor. We used to have the most employment opportunities of pretty much anywhere in the country. I thank my lucky stars every day that I have a stable career.......
    You and me both Jena!! A lot of people hasn't been so lucky though. That's why I bought the Curve that I wanted with the insurance because it's going to be a long time before I upgrade again. Thanks to the new updates coming out anyway, I have no interest in touch screens.

07-18-08 01:02 PM
    That is ridiculous!! He11 I'm glad I quit smoking cigarettes because they're high also. $4.27 cents for a cup of coffee. Yeah they've been long overdue to close down robbing people the way they did. I don't feel sorry for them at all!!

I wish I had quit smoking!! $6.30 a pack is killing me! On top of Starbucks (yes yes I know) AND driving a Mustang which isn't the best on gas... Ugh. Killin' me, smalls!!
    07-18-08 01:03 PM
    I hate Starbucks. Aside from the overpriced burnt tasting
    brown liquid the serve, I can't deal with the pretentious
    verbiage you need to use just to get coffee.

Edit: Ummmm "pretentious verbiage" may actually be
    pretentious verbiage
    07-18-08 01:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD