According to 24/7 Wall Street, 24/7 Wall St. - Insightful Analysis and Commentary for U.S. and Global Equity Investors, these 10 companies are in the top 10 of the most hated in North America:

1. Facebook
    2. American Airlines
    3. AT&T
    4. Nokia
    5. Goldman Sachs
    6. Best Buy - Future Shop
    7. Bank of America
    8. Johnson & Johnson
    9. Sears
    10. Netflix
    01-18-12 12:19 PM
    I wonder why people hate nokia...BOA i can understand (thank god i left that company for greener pastures)...
    01-18-12 12:22 PM
    Thanks for putting this in the Blackberry forum.
    01-18-12 03:28 PM
    So... is the news that RIM isn't on the list?

Perhaps you meant to post a list of the 10 companies hated most by tech bloggers and tabloid newspapers?
    01-18-12 04:41 PM
    Dont' know why Facebook or J&J are on the list. Facebook has not gone public, and J&J is not doing all that bad.

I understand American Airlines. AMR Corporation is closed today at 0.415. I'm surprised they haven't been delisted already.

T has not done too badly either.

The rest of the publicly traded companies are trading considerably lower than they were 52 weeks ago.
    Last edited by lak611; 01-18-12 at 04:55 PM.
    01-18-12 04:47 PM
    Oooooookay,,,,,,and (scratching my head). No RIM????
    01-18-12 04:48 PM
    im moving this to OT unless someone can inform me why this relates to RIM new and rumors...
    01-18-12 05:49 PM
    rim is not on the list because rim is dope, can't put a dope company on a list of wack companies, lol

people don't hate rim, only "non-humans" hate on rim - they don't count

i'm joking, although it isn't that funny

peace
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-18-12 05:58 PM
    im moving this to OT unless someone can inform me why this relates to RIM new and rumors...
    It's news (as suggested by the forum title), and relates to Blackberry as evidenced by the highlighted companies which sell and or provide services of Blackberry products. of course, if some are to get all upset over this thread, feel free to delete. It's apparent none see the relationship between Blackberry products and some of the companies listed, and how it may or may not impact Blackberry directly or indirectly.
    01-18-12 06:43 PM
    As an investor, I really have no personal interest (love or hate) for a company, based on its products and/or services. If it makes me money, it is good; and if it loses money, it is bad.
    01-18-12 06:48 PM
    so you are saying because people hate ATT, netflix, facebook and BB/FS relates to the hate for BB in some way.

Yet all those companies relate to andriod and iOS in the same ways basically so those OS's should also share the same hate correct?
    01-18-12 06:53 PM
    Who hates these companies

On the website I did see something about Facebook being interested in RIM

This is bigger baloney than Samsung's rumoured interest
    01-18-12 06:59 PM
    As an investor, I really have no personal interest (love or hate) for a company, based on its products and/or services. If it makes me money, it is good; and if it loses money, it is bad.
    As an investor, I will only invest in companies that have a philosophy along my lines of thinking. That leaves a lot of companies out, but I still manage to make money, even in this market.

But you are right, I don't love or hate companies. If I disagree with a companies policies I don't use their services to the extent I can.
    01-18-12 08:19 PM
    I'm confuzzled.
    01-19-12 08:10 AM
    Oh god i can't stand Best Buy. Worst customer service. The last two times i have walked into Best Buy with the intent to make a large purchase and i never get any help. I will never go back. Future Shop treats you like a criminal. I'm a big dood. 6' 8" so i guess i can be intimidating at times but i feel like they are spying on you're in Future Shop. I will shop at Visions Electronics ( A western Canada store ) when i buy tech stuff.

Second off Best Buy should be fined for false advertising. They have some of the highest prices.
    01-19-12 10:54 AM
    Agreed, and nobody has offered even a half-plausible reason not to move it.
    01-20-12 08:41 AM
    ..any 2 or 3 letter company...
    03-01-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD