Kris, have you found anything to be missing from this build, as alpha builds usually do?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:07 AM
    Has anyone tried Miracast with this yet?

I've got a miracast dongle. I'd be happy to help. Just saying. . .

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:16 AM
    I'd like to think you had help, since someone bbm'd you so you could get that screenshot! LMAO

Posted via CB10
    You can go for the "most useful beggar" title ;D and by winning it, you can save a cat.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-05-13 10:21 AM
    You can go for the "most useful beggar" title ;D and by winning it, you can save a cat.

No, it's all good. I like to mess with Kris. He knows that by now.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:33 AM
    No, it's all good. I like to mess with Kris. He knows that by now.

Posted via CB10
    Your irony detector must functioning wrong. I know how much you meant it

07-05-13 10:43 AM
    07-05-13 11:00 AM
    The apple and Android fan boys commenting there didn't even understand the concept of actionable notification and started defending their OS claiming what is new. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:11 AM
    The apple and Android fan boys commenting there didn't even understand the concept of actionable notification and started defending their OS claiming what is new. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Aha yea and here is idigitaltimes, they expected a UI overhaul lmao

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...-7-android.htm

Posted via CB10
    CeCoQ likes this.
    07-05-13 11:13 AM
    And now I'm onto page 6 of my Google search

http://techandgaming247.com/blackber...irect-support/

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:18 AM
    Kris has done more effective marketing in two days than BBRY has done in months, they should take note if you show what this os can and will do people will want it great job Kris

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard, Korepab and toobs623 like this.
    07-05-13 11:19 AM
    Aha yea and here is idigitaltimes, they expected a UI overhaul lmao

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...-7-android.htm

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Since Apple did it, isn't everyone else supposed to follow. *sarcasm*

Irrespective of how long Apple took to change and how OLD(new) BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:19 AM
    Kris, does the URL bar in the browser (q10) hide on scroll with 10.2? is there an option?
    07-05-13 11:20 AM
    Kris has done more effective marketing in two days than BBRY has done in months, they should take note if you show what this os can and will do people will want it great job Kris

Posted via CB10
    It would be funny if one day it would be BlackBerry's CMO leaking stuff here...
    07-05-13 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry weren't ready earlier with these features in the the OS earlier, you can hardly blame them.
    They are trickling in now. Patience is the word now.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:24 AM
    Kris, does the URL bar in the browser (q10) hide on scroll with 10.2? is there an option?
    Not yet

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:26 AM
    Not yet

Posted via CB10
    Poo
    spike12 likes this.
    07-05-13 11:28 AM
    @ukmight I agree, but I think, like this beta release, giving people something to look forward to is key, not saying anything hurts them in the short term, it seems that these "leaks" is what gets people excited, nothing that BlackBerry is purposely doing, which they should IMHO

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and Daveensannie like this.
    07-05-13 11:31 AM
    WATCH his video! And listen.

Posted via CB10
    I did listen and didn't really understand, hence why I asked...one would assume a "Pinch GESTURE" would mean something to do with you know...a pinch like gesture to accomplish something...I didn't think clicking the button pinch gesture would take you to level 1 notificiations...the name and the action are not even close to being similar unless in an update you will be able to pinch within the hub to quickly show only your priority messages...thanks though

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    What's interesting though is that, correct me if I'm wrong, actionable notifications would be a byproduct of the invocation software that BlackBerry is using now to make it easier for apps to communicate? If that's the case, I'm not exactly sure whether it'll be that simple to emulate on the other OS platforms.

Yes, I know there are jailbreak and Android third-party apps that can help to achieve this function, but it's been stated that their much more clunky with the execution.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-05-13 11:55 AM
    What's interesting though is that, correct me if I'm wrong, actionable notifications would be a byproduct of the invocation software that BlackBerry is using now to make it easier for apps to communicate? If that's the case, I'm not exactly sure whether it'll be that simple to emulate on the other OS platforms.

Yes, I know there are jailbreak and Android third-party apps that can help to achieve this function, but it's been stated that their much more clunky with the execution.

I am not sure since Apple managed that on OSX Mavericks. I haven't used it to know how it works. If it is simply opening the app, then it might be a no go. But their Facebook and Twitter status update from the home screen notification center on Mountain Lion seemed to work fine without the apps being open.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:06 PM
    Yeah android does already for the most part things like halo are on the software level which is a little ball that can handle your notifications in any app by opening the full app but pitting it in a small pop up version of the app over any app your doing. Then halo will hide off the screen when ur not using it. You can also move halo anywhere on the screen a very very useful service but again right now only on rooted android devices. I myself still prefer how bb10 operates the reason I'm here
    Korepab and spike12 like this.
    07-05-13 12:09 PM
    I am not sure since Apple managed that on OSX Mavericks. I haven't used it to know how it works. If it is simply opening the app, then it might be a no go. But their Facebook and Twitter status update from the home screen notification center on Mountain Lion seemed to work fine without the apps being open.

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha, so invocation is nothing new I guess. Thanks for this.

Yeah android does already for the most part things like halo are on the software level which is a little ball that can handle your notifications in any app by opening the full app but pitting it in a small pop up version of the app over any app your doing. Then halo will hide off the screen when ur not using it. You can also move halo anywhere on the screen a very very useful service but again right now only on rooted android devices. I myself still prefer how bb10 operates the reason I'm here
    (Disclaimer: Again, never used it myself so I don't know)

Yes, but does 'Halo' (for a second I thought you were talking about the game) let you respond directly from the notification itself? I guess you were responding to the invocation software part though, so I guess that's indication that the other OS's can achieve that function too. The way Clewley made it sound when Kevin interviewed him last year, invocation was apparently something unique to how QNX handles app requests.

07-05-13 12:21 PM
    Gotcha, so invocation is nothing new I guess. Thanks for this.

(Disclaimer: Again, never used it myself so I don't know)

Yes, but does 'Halo' (for a second I thought you were talking about the game) let you respond directly from the notification itself? I guess you were responding to the invocation software part though, so I guess that's indication that the other OS's can achieve that function too. The way Clewley made it sound when Kevin interviewed him last year, invocation was apparently something unique to how QNX handles app requests.

BlackBerry has an advantage with the hub always open but I'm sure others can achieve this through a few additions to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    07-05-13 12:27 PM
    07-05-13 01:46 PM
    Any special reason?

Z10 stl 100-2 10.1.0.4537
    07-05-13 01:55 PM
1,120 ... 3233343536 ...