wow who pi55ed in your cornflakes?
    Lawlz what is with this quote lately haha I just wish that BBRY would put the quality in there because I know how much effort it would take for such a vast improvement! That's all.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    07-03-13 11:09 PM
    Just out of curiosity what's the difference between an alpha and a beta build?

Posted via CB10
    Alpha= Start
    Beta= Phase 2
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    07-03-13 11:09 PM
    extracting stock weather app, will have uploaded soon for those who need to revert
    Kris, what messaging is supported with toasts? I can see bbm and text working.
    How about whatsapp/skype/pin/fb?
    07-03-13 11:12 PM
    Sweet. I can prioritised who I want for actionable notifications. One question though do you think whatsapp and other non-core messaging app will get that feature too or only for default messaging app (bbm, pin, text) ?

Posted via CB10
    more than likely it'll start out as core apps, close related 3rd party apps will probably be integrated as well, everything that gets a notification in Hub, has a actionable notification, however I've only found you can reply to only BBM and SMS right now. You can click on any notification and it'll take you instantly into that message.
    suprmanx7 and vulfadli like this.
    07-03-13 11:12 PM
    App "Wallpaper Changer HD" includes a small second bar under the existing top bar with this feature. App must be bought. Didn't mind paying to have this feature, along with temperature, and date on the same bar.
    This app sucks! I just threw $2 down the toilet on this recommendation. The app has to stay open for the super bar to work and you have to purchase the wallpapers from them! You can't use other 3rd party wallpaper apps if you don't the super bar to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:15 PM
    Kris, what messaging is supported with toasts? I can see bbm and text working.
    How about whatsapp/skype/pin/fb?
    So far just BBM, Text and email. No FB, twitter or WhatsApp, YET, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:19 PM
    So far just BBM, Text and email. No FB, twitter or WhatsApp, YET, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    I hope that all gets supported (reply from popup), Does any other OS do that? I wonder if you could reply from the lock screen (non password screen), not sure if it even pops up there
    07-03-13 11:22 PM
    Lawlz what is with this quote lately haha I just wish that BBRY would put the quality in there because I know how much effort it would take for such a vast improvement! That's all.
    Sorry man. Just that these leak threads are always feel good threads and when you came in with a negative post thought you were a hater. I totally agree with you though

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:27 PM
    For those of you asking what an Alpha Build is: There is actually a Wiki for that: Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Basically it is a 'internal only' version to test ideas and concepts.

A Beta build is basically "we're done creating - now comes quality control".
    yvpan1 and Brandon Orr like this.
    07-03-13 11:37 PM
    That's for BlackBerry os not bb10..

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:43 PM
    Weather App Fix

For those of you who side loaded the new Weather app that crashes, here is the bar file for a 10.1 version (10.1.0.155 to be exact)
    Usual sideloading. works on my 10.2.0.93 and .228

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZQdzhKiQ!eDxBmh...2YsGSb5Cl4efU8
    07-03-13 11:44 PM
    the weather app crashes for me as well.. anyway to get my old one back? lol
    07-03-13 11:48 PM
    Weather App Fix

For those of you who side loaded the new Weather app that crashes, here is the bar file for a 10.1 version (10.1.0.155 to be exact)
    Usual sideloading. works on my 10.2.0.93 and .228

the weather app crashes for me as well.. anyway to get my old one back? lol
    Mi Lindo Pulgoso likes this.
    07-03-13 11:51 PM
    Haters are going to hate. If not about this then something else. Everyone else gets that it is a beta leak and is bound to be buggy.
    You're missing the point. They can leave negative feedback on any number of apps in App world based on a non released OS developers can't debug.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    07-04-13 12:06 AM
    So i just crashed my phone again, tried to install the Rogers My Account App from app world, instant reboot after download
    07-04-13 12:14 AM
    I'm enjoying the screen shots, but, I'm ok with it not being released for a few reasons with the most important being limiting the amount of enhancements that Android/ios/Windows Phone developers can play around with and figure out how to implement. BlackBerry needs a few surprises and it wouldn't even bother me if Kris left out a few big surprises... as always a big thanks to Kris!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:15 AM
    So i just crashed my phone again, tried to install the Rogers My Account App from app world, instant reboot after download
    This sucks! I guess we now have to wait for the next leak....

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:18 AM
    The priority feature will make the missus happy...

But yeah Kris most PC motherboards output 500mA (USB 2.0 Btw.. 3.0 can kick upto 900mA if I can remember correctly)... Which normally means my Z10 won't charge but will discharge instead... Beast of a phone ey! But yeah use a charge block outputting 750mA or more and it keeps that message away

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:20 AM
    341 crashed my phone with tmobile app a few times. Think it's something with the Carriers apps that is messing with the OS?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:22 AM
    Probably hit a exception :|.. A unrecoverable one at that!

Posted Via The Z10 - A revolution in Mobile OS'S
    07-04-13 12:24 AM
    This app sucks! I just threw $2 down the toilet on this recommendation. The app has to stay open for the super bar to work and you have to purchase the wallpapers from them! You can't use other 3rd party wallpaper apps if you don't the super bar to work.

Posted via CB10
    1) Of course the app has to stay open for the superbar to work. BB10 doesn't support headless apps yet.
    2) You don't have to purchase any of the Wallpaper Packs. It works perfectly fine with your own wallpapers as long as you've configured it correctly. (Best to keep the wallpapers on the device, because there's an OS bug currently that can prevent it from working with wallpapers on the SD card.)
    3) The reason the superbar only works with the app is because the app actually superimposes it over your wallpaper.
    07-04-13 12:30 AM
    1) Of course the app has to stay open for the superbar to work. BB10 doesn't support headless apps yet.
    2) You don't have to purchase any of the Wallpaper Packs. It works perfectly fine with your own wallpapers as long as you've configured it correctly. (Best to keep the wallpapers on the device, because there's an OS bug currently that can prevent it from working with wallpapers on the SD card.)
    3) The reason the superbar only works with the app is because the app actually superimposes it over your wallpaper.
    My wallpapers saved on SD card seems to work, no issues.
    07-04-13 12:49 AM
    So much fun reloading all my emails and contacts lol

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Last time I had to do it 4 times in a single day..
    07-04-13 12:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know this guy who doesn't believe in Backups. Too bad. Maybe sort of back up right after you get it all running happily as sort of a checkpoint? Think of it less as a backup and more of a "Save Level" in the Alpha-Testing-Zombie game ;-)

Cheers!
    00stryder likes this.
    07-04-13 01:00 AM
1,120 ... 2324252627 ...