Is anybody anywhere persevering with this machine?
    I keep trying. Love the form, hate the function.
    Please could somebody explain (as though to a 7-yesr-old, sorry)
    1. Why is the Punkt internal storage so massive at 12GB? There doesn't seem to be a single thing one can do with it.
    2. It even has a pre-set folder called Music, but even the Punkt help line confirms that one cannot bluetooth .mp3 files to one's car from the phone.
    3. How can I import a .vcf Contacts list? I have managed to transfer "my.vcf" to the Punkt filesystem and have stored it under
    MP02 > Internal > Android > data > com.android.contacts > files
    However, on the machine, "Restore contacts" cannot locate it.
    On the other hand, if I BackUp pre-existing contacts, a file called BackUp..vcf is indeed created, and can be located using "Restore". Where does it reside? Not on the Internal Storage System.
    I am SO frustrated by this. Throw it back in its box? (Yet again.)
    Thnaks for any help / insight / guidance.
    11-12-19 04:05 AM
    If it isn't working for you.... why keep torturing yourself?

I haven't seen many users here on CrackBerry. Many were interested in it for it's connection to BlackBerry, but in the end it's an overly basic phone that is not better than a $50 dumb phone.
    11-12-19 08:19 AM
    If it isn't working for you.... why keep torturing yourself?

I haven't seen many users here on CrackBerry. Many were interested in it for it's connection to BlackBerry, but in the end it's an overly basic phone that is not better than a $50 dumb phone.
    You being far too lenient.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    11-15-19 08:27 AM
    Is the license agreement still active with this company?
    If so, could Punkt make the next BlackBerry phone now?
    Petition?

What other active licensees?
    Last edited by John Albert; 02-05-20 at 09:04 AM.
    02-05-20 02:53 AM
    #1: No, Punkt only uses the BlackBerry Software and will not produce BlackBerry Smartphones (see Punkt philosophy)

#2 There are no active licensees besides BlackBerry Mobile.
    John Albert likes this.
    02-05-20 03:56 AM
    BlackBerry's Android Development.... cost money to develop and maintain. Without sales from it's primary licensees, the operational revenue wasn't there to feed the other projects.
    02-05-20 07:27 AM
    BlackBerry's Android Development.... cost money to develop and maintain. Without sales from it's primary licensees, the operational revenue wasn't there to feed the other projects.
    Do you mean that all remaining licencees are gonna die and BlackBerry will pull the plug off BlackBerry Secure?
    02-05-20 09:03 AM
    Do you mean that all remaining licencees are gonna die and BlackBerry will pull the plug off BlackBerry Secure?
    What remaining licencees.... ?

BBMP is gone... no trace of it as a company.
    Optiemus has said they are done.
    Bullet Group & Yangzhou (NTD) signed deals two years ago... but have not heard a peep out of either.
    Punkt got out a phone, that barely has much of an OS on it.... and probable hasn't sold more than 25K units.
    We know the story with BBMo now.

Alex Thurber was in charge of all these deals... he's gone, and there is no talk of moving forward or making new deals.

I don't think they will pull the plug, I think the already did.... a year ago.
    ppeters914 and HereticHermit like this.
    02-05-20 09:29 AM
    Unless you send in your resume, apply for the job and relocate to Waterloo at your expense.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-05-20 09:50 AM
    This thread seems to have got hijacked into a discussion of BlackBerry licensing. Anyway: my workplace introduced additional obstacles to Exchange ActiveSync email, rendering the account unusable on my Z10. (The obstacles were attributed to Microsoft, but my Outlook EAS account still works.) With such reduced functionality I have ditched the phone and am returning to Punkt to see how I fare (a) without any email, internet, music, pics, several apps and (b) with calls and texts only (not even a camera! not even FM radio!) and with the Punkt's moderately awkward user interface. I'm getting there, although there are some pathway trajectories that are trivially inconvenient / non-intuitive. Getting firmware updates is a novel and very welcome experience completely foreign to BB users! A Nokia might be easier to handle - but (if it matters at all) the Punkt has the combination of quality, weirdness and rarity that still makes any BB phone a talking point.
    02-17-21 02:07 AM
    This thread seems to have got hijacked into a discussion of BlackBerry licensing. Anyway: my workplace introduced additional obstacles to Exchange ActiveSync email, rendering the account unusable on my Z10. (The obstacles were attributed to Microsoft, but my Outlook EAS account still works.) With such reduced functionality I have ditched the phone and am returning to Punkt to see how I fare (a) without any email, internet, music, pics, several apps and (b) with calls and texts only (not even a camera! not even FM radio!) and with the Punkt's moderately awkward user interface. I'm getting there, although there are some pathway trajectories that are trivially inconvenient / non-intuitive. Getting firmware updates is a novel and very welcome experience completely foreign to BB users! A Nokia might be easier to handle - but (if it matters at all) the Punkt has the combination of quality, weirdness and rarity that still makes any BB phone a talking point.
    That's because this is a BlackBerry site... not a Punkt phone site.
    02-17-21 01:06 PM
    Isn't Punkt using BB licensed Android version OS for it's devices?
    02-17-21 02:07 PM
    Isn't Punkt using BB licensed Android version OS for it's devices?
    Just the low-level root of trust.
    02-17-21 02:34 PM
    Just the low-level root of trust.
    Well I'm now lost as to why anyone voluntarily chooses this over a flip phone or similar kaiOS device now?
    02-17-21 02:40 PM
    Well I'm now lost as to why anyone voluntarily chooses this over a flip phone or similar kaiOS device now?
    It essentially ensures that you always have legitimate software installed on the device.

But yeah, I really don't understand paying big dollars for a dumbphone. This when you can buy quite a good non-Chinese smartphone for under $200, with Android One and three years of support.
    Last edited by conite; 02-17-21 at 03:02 PM.
    02-17-21 02:51 PM
    Well the whole idea behind the Punkt was to "disconnect".... KaiOS allows email, browser and some social media apps so not a great solution for junkies needing to go cold turkey on information overload.
    02-17-21 03:07 PM
    It essentially ensures that you always have legitimate software installed on the device.

But yeah, I really don't understand paying big dollars for a dumbphone. This when you can buy quite a good non-Chinese smartphone for under $200, with Android One and three years of support.
    Or a $50 flip phone if all you want it phone and text...
    02-17-21 03:08 PM
    Or a $50 flip phone if all you want it phone and text...
    The Punkt would appeal to me as part of a two device pairing with a WiFi tablet or smart phone for vacation or weekend. I'd keep the phone on for emergencies, and tether its 4G LTE connection when I decided to check email, messaging etc.

It's also a LOT better looking than a flip phone.

Definitely a niche product, but I guess I appreciate it's focus.

Posted via CB10
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    03-03-21 12:03 AM
    We have given up. The second device we got to replace the first faulty one was even worse. The system board failed after a month and a half, we logged a support call and Punkt agreed to a full refund if we sent the POS back to them. We followed all directions and they reneged on the refund so there isn't even a piece of 'junk' to show for the money and time that's been spent on it.
    It's not worth the time and definitely not worth the 329 euros!
    The effort at having to import every contact one by one after copying the vcd files to the handset is just ridiculous. There's no way around it.
    The folder structure that you see is that of a basic android handset but it has been bricked so it cannot be used.
    The hotspot has never worked on either handset that we had - not sure if yours ever worked.
    The text messaging is useless and has only sent through garbled messages. Any incoming messages are listed to the wrong sender.
    Save yourself and your sanity - give up now!
    03-26-21 03:36 AM
    You hear nothing about them anymore... but they are still a "business" and still trying to sell these same phone... as well as other things like alarm clocks, cables, tote bags and water bottles.
    09-28-21 08:03 AM