Apart from looking better (imho) what that Punkt phone actually can do better than a Nokia 8110?!?Just wondering about that Punkt phone...-screenshot_20190107-221915.jpegJust wondering about that Punkt phone...-screenshot_20190107-221953.jpeg
    01-07-19 03:27 PM
    Keep you off of Facebook and WhatsApp since it don't run them. Whether that's a plus or minus, up to you to decide.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-07-19 04:06 PM
    Thanks Blaze. Actually the 8110 doesnt run them either btw. (even if WA apparently is foreseen)
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 01-09-19 at 03:15 PM.
    01-07-19 04:29 PM
    Thanks Blaze. Actually the 8810 doesnt run them either btw. (even if WA apparently is foreseen)
    Right, it runs Twitter and a small handful of Google apps available on the KaiOS store. I thought they mentioned FB and WA for it eventually, but I might be wrong.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-09-19 05:58 AM
    Apart from looking better (imho) what that Punkt phone actually can do better than a Nokia 8110?!?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190107-221915.jpeg 
Views:	573 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	442306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190107-221953.jpeg 
Views:	569 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	442307
    Punkt has BlackBerry Secure.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-09-19 08:12 AM
    I think a Punkt will take your money better.
    01-09-19 10:38 AM
    The Punkt seems like a good phone for those who want a reasonably sized phone with clear buttons and easy to use menus.
    01-09-19 01:25 PM
    I'm considering to purchase one, to take a break from always being online.
    Like the old Nokias, it does phone calls and text messages, that's basically it.
    The newest version (2) also supports contacts synch with Google, as far as I can see from their specs, but nothing else.
    The idea is, that everybody can call or text me if it's really urgent. For all other matters, I usually carry a tablet with me (wifi only), that allows me to go online once or twice during the day. And of course at night, at home, I still have the full scope of options for going online. Shouldn't that be more than sufficient, at least on 2 or 3 days each week?

So that's the plan, but I don't know yet if I will dare to execute.
    01-09-19 02:23 PM
    I'm considering to purchase one, to take a break from always being online.
    Like the old Nokias, it does phone calls and text messages, that's basically it.
    The newest version (2) also supports contacts synch with Google, as far as I can see from their specs, but nothing else.
    The idea is, that everybody can call or text me if it's really urgent. For all other matters, I usually carry a tablet with me (wifi only), that allows me to go online once or twice during the day. And of course at night, at home, I still have the full scope of options for going online. Shouldn't that be more than sufficient, at least on 2 or 3 days each week?

So that's the plan, but I don't know yet if I will dare to execute.
    It can behave as a hotspot for your tablet if you need to use an app.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-09-19 02:26 PM
    I know - but I want to avoid that. Going online when being @ a coffee shop or another wifi enabled location will hopefully be sufficient. That's another expectation for the online detox concept.
    Dejase likes this.
    01-09-19 02:31 PM
    It seems the 8110 can do all referred as well.

Have not seen the mail interface and actual syncing with eg outlook.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-09-19 03:13 PM
    It seems the 8110 can do all referred as well.

Have not seen the mail interface and actual syncing with eg outlook.
    I think the point of this phone os not if it can do the same things or more than other phones, but to offer nothing but good quality phone & texting capabilities in a small, well built and cool looking cover, for people who want to get away from always being connected.
    There are no longer a lot of phones like that out there: most offerings are for elderly people, with huge keys and nasty screens. I've been looking for such a phone for quite some time, and never found a convincing model. Also, the V1 of the Punkt was missing the contacts synch feature. I can live without an online calendar for a day or so, but how do I get all my contacts (including all fields - so no SIM copy!) to a phone that offers no synch? Entering them manually? Meh.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-09-19 03:27 PM
    Syncing contacts is a pain but can be done. At the moment there is a huge battery drain but a software update will fix it.

I read this before deciding to give it a try.

https://rapidmobile.eu/devices-and/punkt-mp02-review/
    01-14-19 08:39 AM
    Mine won't stay on. I am using it with T-Mobile in the U.S. Turns itself off even when fully charged and I can't use it again until I plug it back in. I want to troubleshoot this with Punkt technical assistance but it's slow going. Due to the time difference (I guess). No phone contact & I haven't gotten a response to my last questions in over 4 days.

And here's the rub... I love the phone. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be. But without connectivity, it's useless. If anyone has a suggestion about this issue please respond. I have only 5 more days to return it.
    01-14-19 08:33 PM
    Return and and just buy a new Punkt at another shop? Maybe your's is one from the Monday morning batch:-)

Seriously, when also the second device would suffer that would hint at more fundamental problems.
    01-18-19 10:29 AM
    No other shops carry it. Only online through their site. Too new. Perhaps the next iteration will work. Sent mine back & had to return to using a smartphone :-(
    01-28-19 12:05 AM
    True no other shop sell it except their shop in Switzerland , I bought one and the LTE is super also on hotspot
    01-29-19 09:23 AM
    Mine won't stay on. I am using it with T-Mobile in the U.S. Turns itself off even when fully charged and I can't use it again until I plug it back in. I want to troubleshoot this with Punkt technical assistance but it's slow going. Due to the time difference (I guess). No phone contact & I haven't gotten a response to my last questions in over 4 days.

And here's the rub... I love the phone. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be. But without connectivity, it's useless. If anyone has a suggestion about this issue please respond. I have only 5 more days to return it.
    Other than the problem you mention, does it work well with T-Mobile?
    01-30-19 01:17 PM
    Slightly off topic- what happened to BkackBerry Secure on Cat phones. They just introduced a S48 . Does it have BlackBerry Secure?
    02-04-19 02:15 AM
    I bought a Punkt. MP02 on April 22, 2020, after almost 15 years with BlackBerry smartphones with physical keyboards. My current BlackBerry KeyONE is showing signs of a weakening battery which is non-user-servicable, not that the Punkt. M02 battery is user-servicable. The small form factor is the primary attraction after missing the BlackBerry Bold 9700 for many years. The tethering feature is a nice option. I will miss the BlackBerry Password application but since this phone is designed to not be always on the Internet putting the passwords in another application on my computer is hardly a drawback.

Does anyone know forst-hand if the Punkt. MP02 is compatible with Public Mobile in Canada? The 4G bands appear compatible but first-hand experience feedback is appreciated as I await delivery.
    04-22-20 11:05 PM
    I bought a Punkt. MP02 on April 22, 2020, after almost 15 years with BlackBerry smartphones with physical keyboards. My current BlackBerry KeyONE is showing signs of a weakening battery which is non-user-servicable, not that the Punkt. M02 battery is user-servicable. The small form factor is the primary attraction after missing the BlackBerry Bold 9700 for many years. The tethering feature is a nice option. I will miss the BlackBerry Password application but since this phone is designed to not be always on the Internet putting the passwords in another application on my computer is hardly a drawback.

Does anyone know forst-hand if the Punkt. MP02 is compatible with Public Mobile in Canada? The 4G bands appear compatible but first-hand experience feedback is appreciated as I await delivery.
    Assuming you have v2, you get bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, and 17.
    04-23-20 12:11 AM

Let us know how your experience goes with it.... as user reviews have been pretty mixed.
    04-23-20 08:44 AM
    I have a boss that's now on his second Punkt MP02.
    The first one just crapped itself and stopped working so they replaced it. It was about 8 months old.
    Even pre-crapping out it had a lot of 'issues' that were theoretically going to be fixed by a firmware update. What a bunch of rubbish!
    The replacement did not look 'new' and took over 2 months to replace. You have to send it back to Asia and once they have received it they will send you a replacement based on what they find. This is where they're obviously built and where their support personnel are based
    The current unit, now 9 months old has a screen that's failing. We have logged a support call that has been received (by the auto-logging system) but there's been no response so far. I'm not holding my breath.
    We have never been able to get the 'hotspot' capability to work.
    Contact import can ONLY be done one contact at a time once the details have been copied to the handset. This took over 3 hours for the 150 contacts that had to be copied.
    The battery life is mediocre at best.
    Texting sometimes works and sometimes even sends to the correct end contact.
    The support is appalling.
    For the money you would expect a device that just works and does what it says it does.

Sadly I have a boss that likes the idea and how this piece of junk looks.

It's a shame this company has 'Punkt' its users so badly
    It could have been an absolute winner but the rush to get it to market has left this handset very lacking in just basic functionality and usability.
    There is an entire android backend on the handset that could be leveraged to improve the functionality to use the handset as minimally as possible but no sign of that on any of the forums or Punkt website, Twitter or Intsagram.

For the money you would be better of with a Nokia 800 at a quarter of the price or another Smartphone with only the text and voice enabled.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-10-20 08:33 PM
    I have a boss that's now on his second Punkt MP02.
    The first one just crapped itself and stopped working so they replaced it. It was about 8 months old.
    Even pre-crapping out it had a lot of 'issues' that were theoretically going to be fixed by a firmware update. What a bunch of rubbish!
    The replacement did not look 'new' and took over 2 months to replace. You have to send it back to Asia and once they have received it they will send you a replacement based on what they find. This is where they're obviously built and where their support personnel are based
    The current unit, now 9 months old has a screen that's failing. We have logged a support call that has been received (by the auto-logging system) but there's been no response so far. I'm not holding my breath.
    We have never been able to get the 'hotspot' capability to work.
    Contact import can ONLY be done one contact at a time once the details have been copied to the handset. This took over 3 hours for the 150 contacts that had to be copied.
    The battery life is mediocre at best.
    Texting sometimes works and sometimes even sends to the correct end contact.
    The support is appalling.
    For the money you would expect a device that just works and does what it says it does.

Sadly I have a boss that likes the idea and how this piece of junk looks.

It's a shame this company has 'Punkt' its users so badly
    It could have been an absolute winner but the rush to get it to market has left this handset very lacking in just basic functionality and usability.
    There is an entire android backend on the handset that could be leveraged to improve the functionality to use the handset as minimally as possible but no sign of that on any of the forums or Punkt website, Twitter or Intsagram.

For the money you would be better of with a Nokia 800 at a quarter of the price or another Smartphone with only the text and voice enabled.
    One more failed project from BB.
    John Albert and Paulelmar18 like this.
    06-11-20 01:16 AM
    One more failed project from BB.
    It's not from BlackBerry. All BlackBerry does is provide some kernel hardening.
    06-11-20 06:41 AM
61 123