From what I gather the MP02 was a failure on all fronts. Do you think there's any chance for an MP03 that would correct some of the shortcomings?
    10-28-19 02:03 PM
    Sure, there is always a chance. Unfortunately, a buyer for a minimalist phone that most would view as a secondary phone or as a phone for the very elderly or for children expects to only pay about $50 for such a device.
    10-28-19 02:30 PM
    Maybe some people like the idea of not being connected to the Internet 24/7 and want a small form factor phone. The slabs of glass are not ergnomic.
    04-22-20 11:12 PM
    Get the Nokia 3310.
    04-22-20 11:50 PM
    What bothers me about the company behind Punkt02?

Resistant to advice on smartphone features!

Fatal misjudgment of the market!

Overestimation of its own reputation and uniqueness!

Overestimated the level of awareness of the software partner BlackBerry!

Miserable marketing and lack of care for the few potential users!

Does this remind us of another company?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-23-20 12:33 AM
    The actual market has proven to be too small.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-20 06:24 AM
    The actual market has proven to be too small.

Posted via CB10
    There is a market for more basic phones.... Noika is doing very well with KaiOS powered feature phones. Punkt just priced themselves out of that market.

Like TCL maybe they taught throwing out the BlackBerry name and security would allow them to appeal to some premium dumb phone market?
    04-23-20 10:59 AM
    There is a market for more basic phones.... Noika is doing very well with KaiOS powered feature phones. Punkt just priced themselves out of that market.

Like TCL maybe they taught throwing out the BlackBerry name and security would allow them to appeal to some premium dumb phone market?
    I agree completely. I'm referring to smartphones. I always remember when I first had to dual carry in 2006 because I needed a new business mobile separate from my old personal mobile. The new flip phone lasted about six months but texting was complete fail professionally. I literally got that new line upgraded to a second BlackBerry just to have the PKB to reply text with peers. I remember thinking how cheap the Curve felt compared to my 8700 but it demonstrates the benefit of full PKB or VKB either way.

I'm surprised that while all of the carriers offer inexpensive dumbphone, none offers full VKB or PKB version like the Jio here.
    04-24-20 07:55 AM
    I agree completely. I'm referring to smartphones. I always remember when I first had to dual carry in 2006 because I needed a new business mobile separate from my old personal mobile. The new flip phone lasted about six months but texting was complete fail professionally. I literally got that new line upgraded to a second BlackBerry just to have the PKB to reply text with peers. I remember thinking how cheap the Curve felt compared to my 8700 but it demonstrates the benefit of full PKB or VKB either way.

I'm surprised that while all of the carriers offer inexpensive dumbphone, none offers full VKB or PKB version like the Jio here.
    I agree.... towards the end of dumb phone dominance, many of them looked like a smartphone. I don't know why we reverted to only offering flip phones. Verizon has three interchangeable flip phones, one ruggedized flip and one candy bar. Where are the slide out keyboards that were very popular with my wife? Where are the looks like a BlackBerry but it's only a dumb phone?

I guess the people that once demanded a keyboard of some type, because they were typing hundred/thousands of messages are all using smartphones. And anyone using a dumb phone, doesn't do much of anything with them but calls... so it doesn't matter???

Also surprised they don't have a basic phone that is more "senior" friendly.... Big Buttons, Hearing Aid Compatible, SOS button...
    04-24-20 08:51 AM
    A this Agm M5 is the best device to small usage or Kaios device as Energizer 241s, Sorry to Nokia but build quality on 8110 is poor and new Kaios Nokia phone is the same, if Nokia will use Kaios OS on a good device as 6700 classic build quality it will be great.

If I talking to AGM M5 it's because it have capacitive screen that could be great to website.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-20 03:45 AM
    I agree.... towards the end of dumb phone dominance, many of them looked like a smartphone. I don't know why we reverted to only offering flip phones. Verizon has three interchangeable flip phones, one ruggedized flip and one candy bar. Where are the slide out keyboards that were very popular with my wife? Where are the looks like a BlackBerry but it's only a dumb phone?
    Isn't the answer to this question obvious?

The people who were buying "smartphone-like feature phones" were overwhelmingly people who wanted a smartphone but couldn't afford it. Now they can. The people still buying feature phones are people who have no interest in doing anything but making phone calls, and who want a super simple interface with big buttons and a big number display on the screen. They are overwhelmingly older folks - Boomers and Greatest Gen'ers, basically. And that's a shrinking market for obvious reasons.

Of course, there are a FEW people who don't fall into these categories, but there simply aren't enough of them to be a viable market. If a big enough market existed, they'd have found their way to the various offerings that have hit the market - but they didn't. That's either because there aren't enough of them, or they weren't happy with the devices offered or their prices. Many want flagship smartphone features (cameras, screens, etc.) at feature-phone prices, and are disappointed when they aren't offered such devices - but most of us understand that that's not how niche markets work.
    Laura Knotek and bbfanfan like this.
    04-27-20 03:00 PM