Hey Everyone,
    Hopefully someone can help me with this; these forums have been an awesome resource so far.

I've been trying this for quite some time now and finally made a little bit of progress but need to see if anyone has any suggestions.
    First of all, I accidentally installed 6149 on my playbook when I first tried rooting. That aside, I have 4869 on it now (much easier to downgrade on a Mac it seems).
    I am using Wine apps to run the Windows DingleBerry software and ran into a small problem.
    The Dingle SSH actually connects to my PB but is reading the jailbreak has failed.

The only other thing that happens is when I select the backup for DB to change, it kind of hangs there and doesn't give me feedback that it has done anything.

Does anyone have any idea why it is failing?
    Once I can figure this out I may be able to HCL/Android Market on it.

Thanks in advance!
    01-05-12 04:03 PM
    You can ignore that message on top.
    The "Jailbreak failed" means just that. What happens when you try to run the jailbreak and the backup/restore process?
    How are you doing backup/restore on a mac? I think maybe you have not done this.

A mac version of Dingleberry will be out shortly.
    01-05-12 04:33 PM
    Are you talking about through the BlackBerry Desktop Software? It's 2.2.1 Build 7.

You maybe right. When I select the backup in DingleBerry, it doesn't seem to do much. I restore the settings in BB Desktop then go back in to try the Dingle ssh. That's when I get the error.

I know there's a mac version coming soon, but I assumed I'd be able to figure it out...
    01-05-12 04:45 PM
    Are you restoring the Dingleberry.bbb that Dingleberry creates?

If it's not creating the Dingleberry.bbb, that code might not work on Mac.
    01-05-12 04:49 PM
    Yeah it looks like you're right. It doesn't look like DB is creating the .bbb file right. Thanks for the help!
    Well... I'll either triple boot my machine and put Windows on it or wait for the Mac version.
    01-05-12 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD