I present you my latest (and last, at least for a while) app: Zipio. Zipio is a simple zip reader with an easy drag'n'drop interface. I think screenshots say more than words:

Description:

Zipio is an intuitive, no-nonsense application that helps you with reading ZIP archives. Open your archives with just a few touches and just drag the files you need out of it.

Zipio comes with an easy drag'n'drop interface to handle your zip archives. Zipio cannot open password protected zip files.

Links:

App World
    Last edited by zezke; 05-26-11 at 11:22 AM.
    mmcpher and offthahorseceo like this.
    05-22-11 02:55 PM
    interesting... look forward to it when its available!
    05-22-11 04:12 PM
    It is now available!
    05-26-11 11:22 AM
    sweet ill be buying 2! thanks!

also, can this app CREATE zip files? if not is that something that can be implemented?
    05-26-11 11:26 AM
    It is certainly doable, would that be a feature you would use much?
    05-26-11 11:38 AM
    Well for business folks that would really like to move from lugging a laptop or netbook around, this could be pretty useful. We often work on proposals (Documents), and spreadsheets while traveling. Sometimes its best to e-mail these in a zip file, particularly if you want to keep them together.

If possible it would be good to add password protection as well. Sometimes these documents contain sensitive information, so we protect them in a password protected zip file.

Thanks
    bquinney likes this.
    05-26-11 11:52 AM
    Looks like a useful, missing element. I'm not sure the PB as currently constituted allows you to download and save zip files, but I haven't tried since there had been no way to open them anyway. But this might work well for zip files on the Bridge or transferred through USB or wifi.
    05-26-11 12:06 PM
    You can download zip files just fine on the PB. And I'll definitely look into the creation of zip, although I am afraid password protection is kind of impossible at the moment.
    05-26-11 12:22 PM
    Bought and installed Zipio, went to a music site, downloaded a zip file with 22 tracks, found it on Zipio under "downloads" folder, fiddled around and figured out I needed to select the files in the right-hand panel and drag them into the left-hand panel to extract, which Zipio did very quickly, and now the tracks show up in the media player and play flawlessly! Very minor glitch -- when extracting multiple files, the status report,% extracted numbers get screwy, but the thing works and for a great price! Take a bow Zezke!
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    05-26-11 12:50 PM
    Thank you very much I'm going to take a look at the progress indication tomorrow, I am working on my to do list for Comics now.

PS Feel free to leave a review in App World if you like
    05-26-11 12:56 PM
    It is certainly doable, would that be a feature you would use much?
    probably not unless it compressed the file a good bit. if it would take alot of effort forget it. it if can be implented easily though it would be nice to have an application that can zip AND unzip
    05-26-11 01:35 PM
    Well for business folks that would really like to move from lugging a laptop or netbook around, this could be pretty useful. We often work on proposals (Documents), and spreadsheets while traveling. Sometimes its best to e-mail these in a zip file, particularly if you want to keep them together.

If possible it would be good to add password protection as well. Sometimes these documents contain sensitive information, so we protect them in a password protected zip file.

Thanks
    see im not much of a business folk so i didnt think of this use. and honestly, I wouldnt use it this way, but my gf deals with documents all day and im sure she would use it for this exact purpose.

so i change my vote to yes please
    05-26-11 01:39 PM
    question, on the screenshot i notice you are dragging the files to be extracted over a folder, would that extract the files into that folder or would you need to go in that folder then drag to the "blank space"

im not around wifi so i havent bought my copy yet
    05-26-11 01:41 PM
    That would extract it into that folder. If you want it extracted in the folder you are viewing, just drag it to the empty space.

Okay, you convinced me, I'll be adding zip creation support (in a free update of course).
    lyricidal likes this.
    05-26-11 01:43 PM
    you da man!
    05-26-11 01:54 PM
    i bought my copy just now

will be buying my gfs copy tonight
    05-26-11 04:15 PM
    Ok got the app and it works great. Good to see the apps we need for playbook being developed.
    05-26-11 04:19 PM
    Nice to hear your feedback
    05-26-11 05:07 PM
    Thank you everybody, Zipio is taking the twelfth spot in the top purchased list. It's like a developer's dream coming true!
    05-28-11 02:32 AM
    The race is to the swift! I noticed that within a few hours of your release other developers were posting that they would be adding zip capabilities to their file managing apps in the next upgrade, but I haven't seen it in operation yet. Well done.
    05-28-11 02:42 AM
    I saw that as well. Well it's not like a expected to end up with a monopoly,
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    05-28-11 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD