Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 78.88%
  • No

28 17.39%
  • What is Zinio?

6 3.73%
    So who had downloaded the Zinio app and how many magazines have you picked up?

I have...

JP Magazine
    European Car
    Motor Trend
    Home Theater
    Sound + Vision

And I forgot about my $5 credit so I will pick something up with that as well. The first 5 cost $50 so after the credit from Zinio and BlackBerry it only cost me $17.

James
    03-24-12 12:34 PM
    Subscriptions to

Nuts
    Custom PC
    Popular Science

Nuts wont show up on my PB, and the other two are okay i guess but the lack of swipe to change page is infuriating and zooming in is awful. so yes... im using Zinio. but only because they gave me money to use it. and im using it mostly on the pc now. the playbook app is tripe.
    03-24-12 12:54 PM
    I was waiting for a newsstand on my playbook. So far I got Maxim, of course, PC World and Golf Tips.
    03-24-12 12:54 PM
    I downloaded d it. Had couple problems so checked the help menu ...... Is just an android port. Thier website still doesnt show BB support or even say can DL for BlackBerry. The "thank you for downloading" email also doesn't say anything about BB. It says ios android pc mac but no BB. This is bs.

I'll use the free $$$ but after that i doubt i'll continue to use it..... Unless they provide better BB support.

Also it cuts the sides off the pages. Very amateurish at best.
    03-24-12 01:18 PM
    ... but the lack of swipe to change page is infuriating and zooming in is awful. so yes... im using Zinio. but only because they gave me money to use it. the playbook app is tripe.
    agree... I have to zoom to read - and having to zoom down before swiping is very annoying... hope it will be fixed...
    03-24-12 01:36 PM
    I meant "yes" not 'what is Zinio'. Sorry - my finger on the cursor keys slipped!

I am - got Guitarist with my $5, and I'm planning to subscribe when the next issue is released courtesy of the eur25. There seem to have been some teething troubles with the app, but it's working fine for the magazines I have here in the UK, and I'm sure that updates will help.

Shame that some of you are having issues with zooming on a display that is smaller than, say, a standard magazine. Not quite sure what you were expecting...
    03-24-12 01:54 PM

Shame that some of you are having issues with zooming on a display that is smaller than, say, a standard magazine. Not quite sure what you were expecting...
    Hillarious
    03-24-12 02:00 PM
    I sent zinio support an email about this, some magazines are better than others and scroll smoothly. I expect the zooming on all of them to be smooth in zoom and scroll, not bouncing and jumping randomly on something I just paid a $25 subscription for.
    03-24-12 02:12 PM
    I downloaded d it. Had couple problems so checked the help menu ...... Is just an android port. Thier website still doesnt show BB support or even say can DL for BlackBerry. The "thank you for downloading" email also doesn't say anything about BB. It says ios android pc mac but no BB. This is bs.

I'll use the free $$$ but after that i doubt i'll continue to use it..... Unless they provide better BB support.

Also it cuts the sides off the pages. Very amateurish at best.
    Others have said it is not a port. I don't think it is but I'm not sure.

They don't have the website or emails updated to show the PlayBook yet. I'm sure that will be corrected in time. They do have something about the PlayBook in the faq section.

Better support? What more would you like them to do? There was an issue with people getting the $25 credit and they were quick to correct that. The issue with Maxim is fixed or they are working on it.

I think they are offering plenty of support.

James
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    03-24-12 02:12 PM
    National Geographic
    T3
    PC Magazine
    Mens Health
    New Scientist
    House Beautiful

Thanks Zinio & Rimm
    03-24-12 02:13 PM
    Haven't used promo code yet - if any good would switch to save trees.
    03-24-12 02:14 PM
    agree... I have to zoom to read - and having to zoom down before swiping is very annoying... hope it will be fixed...
    Swiping will zoomed might affect moving around the page while zoomed. A quick tap to zoom in or out isn't had at all.

James
    03-24-12 02:16 PM
    Zinio is better than I thought. Silver and Black illustrated (Oakland Raiders), S.W.A.T.,Recoil, and Pontoon Boat Magazine. Raider Nation, Firearms, and Boats what could be better.
    Only 1 complaint is when I select Hockey under sports it gives me football(NFL).
    03-24-12 02:36 PM
    So who had downloaded the Zinio app and how many magazines have you picked up?

I have...

JP Magazine
    European Car
    Motor Trend
    Home Theater
    Sound + Vision

And I forgot about my $5 credit so I will pick something up with that as well. The first 5 cost $50 so after the credit from Zinio and BlackBerry it only cost me $17.

James
    I only got a credit from zinio.
    Are you saying you got more than one credit and one of those was from blackberry?>
    03-24-12 02:38 PM
    Yep I'm using it too, so far just National Geographic.
    03-24-12 02:42 PM
    I am!

03-24-12 02:47 PM
    If it used the PlayBook interface instead of Android it would be much better. Should be a bezel swipe for the menu, not a screen tap. Screen tap should do a default page zoom. There are some issues with scrolling the page or changing pages.

It just seems they should have ported the PC app rather than the Android.
    03-24-12 03:37 PM
    How do you get the credit? I cant seem to find where to get that credit everyone seems to talk about!
    03-24-12 03:55 PM
    was already subscribed to :
    India Today
    Outlook
    Readers Digest
    Filmfare
    Maxim

with the $25, I got
    FHM
    Juxtapoz
    Shutterbug
    Gadgets & Gizmos

so far so good
    03-24-12 04:19 PM
    I've spent about 50 bucks on mag...

Where do we get the promo... I can't see it...
    03-24-12 04:25 PM
    I only got a credit from zinio.
    Are you saying you got more than one credit and one of those was from blackberry?>
    The $25 is a gift from Zinio and BlackBerry. Then there is a $5 credit which is a new customer bonus I believe.

James
    03-24-12 05:27 PM
    How do you get the credit? I cant seem to find where to get that credit everyone seems to talk about!
    Just fill out the info here.

Form

James
    03-24-12 05:37 PM
    Try your spam folder. I got mine yesterday but didn't realise until now. i already read 3 or 4 magazine on my playbook. The interface could be better. Zooming and panning needs to be smoother and more predictable. I'm sure a software update will eventually fix it, but hope its soon. I read a lot of magazine.

If i'm not wrong Zinio does give out gift vouchers from time to time. This is the 2nd 25USD voucher that i have received from them. They gave me one a few months ago for no reason.
    03-24-12 07:14 PM
    If i'm not wrong Zinio does give out gift vouchers from time to time. This is the 2nd 25USD voucher that i have received from them. They gave me one a few months ago for no reason.
    Have anyone else here gotten any 25$ gift from Zinio after the Playbook release?
    All I got was a 5... not much to find for that :-)
    03-24-12 07:25 PM
    Have anyone else here gotten any 25$ gift from Zinio after the Playbook release?
    All I got was a 5... not much to find for that :-)
    did you register at this form?

Form

if you did, just be patient and look out for your inbox and spam folders.
    03-24-12 09:11 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD