Hi

I used my �25 credit to subscribe to aa couple of magazines this weekend. I have never used Zinio before but am liking it now I have the free credit and will pay for other subscriptions now I know it works ok.

I was just wondering how I will know when the latest version of my magazine subscription is ready? Does Zinio send you an email and let you know or will I just need to keep checking in the app to see if the latest magazine is ready to download?

Thanks
    03-26-12 01:00 AM
    New issues will show automatically in your library.
    03-26-12 03:53 AM
    Hi

I used my �25 credit to subscribe to aa couple of magazines this weekend. I have never used Zinio before but am liking it now I have the free credit and will pay for other subscriptions now I know it works ok.

I was just wondering how I will know when the latest version of my magazine subscription is ready? Does Zinio send you an email and let you know or will I just need to keep checking in the app to see if the latest magazine is ready to download?

Thanks
    You will get an email notifying you when your newest issue is available.
    03-26-12 01:37 PM
    i just used the free $25 credit to make $29.66 worth of subscriptions ( 2 subscriptions ).
    i didn't enter a credit card number, so i'm not being billed the difference of $4.66

i thought i'd be asked to pay the difference, but it just went on through on the credit code...
    03-26-12 03:00 PM
    i havent received my $25
    03-26-12 03:02 PM
    when i click on a magazine from my zinio library, it downloads before i can actually read it.
    where does it download to?
    i mean, if someone else wants to use my playbook to read their zinio magazines, do i then have that magazine stored on my playbook in some way, shape or form, that i would then have to find and delete afterwards?
    03-26-12 03:19 PM
    i just used the free $25 credit to make $29.66 worth of subscriptions ( 2 subscriptions ).
    i didn't enter a credit card number, so i'm not being billed the difference of $4.66

i thought i'd be asked to pay the difference, but it just went on through on the credit code...
    same here! my total was about $31 and i was gonna pay the difference but it didnt ask.

but I noticed my account said 25euros which equals = $33 US Dollars

so i dunno
    03-26-12 04:01 PM
    Yes, I noticed after my first purchase, instead of showing a remaining credit of $5.32, it said 9 euros. Strange.

Hope they don't notice the mistake and send me a bill.
    03-26-12 04:05 PM
    You will get an email notifying you when your newest issue is available.
    Its sends an email whenever a issue is ready to download to your reader. Just be aware that most of these emails get caught in spam filters (especially gmail), unless you add them to safe sender list!!
    03-26-12 05:25 PM
    Hi

Thanks
    One of my subscriptions is for PC Magazine, I was just browsing in the app and noticed that the latest issue was there. Tapped on it and then there was a "go to my library" button, which starts the download.
    03-26-12 09:26 PM
    when i click on a magazine from my zinio library, it downloads before i can actually read it.
    where does it download to?
    i mean, if someone else wants to use my playbook to read their zinio magazines, do i then have that magazine stored on my playbook in some way, shape or form, that i would then have to find and delete afterwards?
    Anyone know the answer to this?
    03-27-12 08:20 PM

Ha...the opposite happened to me. I received my $25 credit and purchased about $23 worth. Then it asked for my credit card number for "future subscriptions".

Is this normal?
    03-27-12 08:33 PM
    Anyone know the answer to this?
    Nope. The PlayBook is designed for a single account, for security. While you may allow others to view or use your content, you cannot use different accounts.

However you present an interesting question about an app like Zinio. This uses your email address as the account. I guess you can log on and change the username email to another account, but no idea if it would segregate magazines to each account (likely would for digital rights reasons). You can try and set up a second dummy account to see if you can zee the mags on your primarily account. Let us know what you find.
    03-27-12 08:39 PM

The $25 credit works out to be just over $32 Canadian.

James
    03-27-12 09:10 PM
    The $25 credit works out to be just over $32 Canadian.

James
    When I tried purchasing my two subs it totaled about $26 CAD and it said I did not have enough. Mind you, as I write this the CAD is .99 to 1 USD so maybe that $25 is worth less in CAD now.
    coolaide likes this.
    03-27-12 09:16 PM
    When I tried purchasing my two subs it totaled about $26 CAD and it said I did not have enough. Mind you, as I write this the CAD is .99 to 1 USD so maybe that $25 is worth less in CAD now.
    I think the first batch of code zinio sent out are in Euro$, but the latest batch are in US$.

I signed up last Wednesday and got a code for 25$ in Euro, my colleague signed up over the weekend and got a code with 25$US. Hope that explains it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread your post... so maybe they are charging 4% for conversion, like credit card company .
    Last edited by rennigeb; 03-27-12 at 09:51 PM.
    03-27-12 09:49 PM
    How long does it take for the credit to come through? I downloaded and registered a couple of days ago, I have since received a welcome to Zinio email but it didnt contain any reference to a $25 credit. ( and yes I did have to dig it out of my spam folder...)
    03-28-12 06:12 AM
    No luck for me even after 3 days. I checked SPAM box and nothing...

- Charles
    03-28-12 06:22 AM
    Nope. The PlayBook is designed for a single account, for security. While you may allow others to view or use your content, you cannot use different accounts.

However you present an interesting question about an app like Zinio. This uses your email address as the account. I guess you can log on and change the username email to another account, but no idea if it would segregate magazines to each account (likely would for digital rights reasons). You can try and set up a second dummy account to see if you can zee the mags on your primarily account. Let us know what you find.
    my mother-in-law can definitely use my playbook to read her zinio magazines, but when she logs off, i cannot read hers under my log in, only mine.

i'm just wondering if, after downloading dozens of magazines on the playbook and reading them, are they taking up memory or storage in some way?

i'd hate to be using some of my 16GB on previously read magaines.
    i want to find out how to clear them from the cache, or whereever that info is stored.
    03-28-12 08:28 AM
    Make sure to check your spam box for the Zinio credit, it often ends up there.
    03-28-12 08:33 AM
    I would assume Zinio stores the mags under its own application folder. Meaning, Yes, they are taking up space.
    As for deleting mags if you are on Date or Title view, click the edit button (on the list view just click the 'x' next to the magazine title. You should be able to to download them again via the restore view (under edit) later.
    03-28-12 11:43 AM
    No luck for me even after 3 days. I checked SPAM box and nothing...

- Charles
    I just filled out this form telling them I haven't received my credit and they sent it to me the next day:

Zinio Customer Support
    03-28-12 02:56 PM
    I just called them at the number included in the auto-response email I got.

888-946-4666 (M-F 7am-6pm PST)

Within minutes I had my two coupon codes but since they were only numbers, I don't know expiration so will assume quickly. Anyone have suggestions on some quick choices?
    03-28-12 04:01 PM
    They don't expire until the end of april.
    03-28-12 06:22 PM
    I just called them at the number included in the auto-response email I got.

888-946-4666 (M-F 7am-6pm PST)

Within minutes I had my two coupon codes but since they were only numbers, I don't know expiration so will assume quickly. Anyone have suggestions on some quick choices?
    Thank you. Because of your post I received my code.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KennethD; 03-29-12 at 05:52 AM.
    03-28-12 06:39 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD