01-13-12 08:02 PM
    Woohooo; we get a $25.00 credit after downloading the app when it is released. Love it. Can't wait.
    01-13-12 10:17 PM
    im dying for this app! Zinio spoiled me so much I cant even go back to reading "paper" mags anymore
    01-13-12 11:16 PM
    Can you save a local copy of the magazines or does Zinio provide another "wall-garden" like Kobo Reader does for books?
    01-14-12 08:24 AM
    This is one of the big ones I have been waiting for. Can't wait.
    01-14-12 08:34 AM
    My favorite iPad app!
    01-14-12 09:36 AM
    Can you save a local copy of the magazines or does Zinio provide another "wall-garden" like Kobo Reader does for books?
    you save the mag right on your device
    01-14-12 09:36 AM
    How does Zinio work exactly? Do you buy single issues or annual subscriptions? What is the price range for magazines?
    01-14-12 10:07 AM
    Ok. Enough with the promises. Just bring it. I have a trip to Costa Rica with a 9 hour flight on Feb 16th. Really trying to avoid bringing the Netbook.

sign up for updates on the release @ zinio.com/playbook. Perhaps if they get enough hits they'll release it early.
    Last edited by GH440; 01-14-12 at 10:46 AM. Reason: additional info
    01-14-12 10:38 AM
    Either way - I have one subscription on my wife's iPad and have bought a single issue of another publication. Quite a lot of choice and sometimes the electronic downloads can be 75% cheaper than paper copies. Single issues often are not that good value.
    01-14-12 10:40 AM
    Nice can't wait to try it out.
    01-14-12 11:47 AM
    been waiting for what feels like decades. finally. even the desktop version of zinio reader was frustrating and awkward to use. touch screen interface works better with apps like this. i have tons of unread mags waiting for me while i'm waiting for the app on playbook.

my guess would be that it will be available once os 2.0 becomes available. 1 more months to go.

once you go paperless, it's just so hard to go back.
    1. reading while in inadequate lighting.
    2. plenty of different mags always with you without the weight and bulk.
    3. no more huge stacks of magazines lying around the house.
    4. cheaper than normal magazines.
    5. ability to get magazines from other countries that are not available locally.
    6. save paper = save the trees

downside: no battery = no magazines.

on a side note, pixelmags will be coming soon too.
    (pixelmags does the ios' newsstand)
    01-14-12 01:54 PM
    sign up for updates on the release @ zinio.com/playbook. Perhaps if they get enough hits they'll release it early.
    I signed up months ago when Zinio made their initial announcement. And all these months later I am waiting. Maybe with the release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 next month this application will be available through BlackBerry App World.
    01-14-12 02:06 PM
    Those are actually two different questions.

Yes, Zinio allows local downloads. So does Kobo, for that matter.

However, yes, again like Kobo, Zinio Reader is a "walled garden" in the sense that your magazines can't be read by any other app. You don't get a readable, portable format like a PDF, for instance.
    01-14-12 07:30 PM
    as long as the mags read well offline within the Zinio app i find no reason to worry about compatibility with other apps.
    01-15-12 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD